Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Babysitting

by Heidi
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Babysitting

Babysitting

by Heidi

TITLE: Babysitting
AUTHOR: Heidi
EMAIL: musical_muse@hotmail.com
CATEGORY: Sam and Jack
SPOILERS: None
SEASON / SEQUEL: None
RATING: PG13
CONTENT WARNINGS:
SUMMARY: Sam is asked to babysit.
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES:



"This day can not get worse," Major Samantha Carter stated just as she finished her last report on her latest findings in the lab. She yawned softly and rested her head on her desk hoping just to curl up and die right there. It had been a long week for her and she was so looking forward to going home and just sleeping for the next millennia...or monday, whatever came first. She sighed as she heard someone knock on the lab door. Without lifting her head she gave out a muffled "Come in."

"Sam, I need a huge favor" Janet said as she looked at Sam, trying hard not to laugh at her friend, "BTW you look like hell," Janet said with a little laugh.

"Thanks Janet, you are so good at making me feel better," Sam said as she lifted her head to look at Janet, "What can I do for you?"

"Well, you see... I uh... I have a date tomorrow night and I need someone to watch Cassie, and since she loves you so much... I was hoping you would do it," Janet said sweetly as she fixed Sam's tag on the back of her shirt making Sam shift away, "Sorry hon, that was so bothering me. So will you do it?"

"Well considering the fact that I was planning on World Domination this weekend... I guess I can post pone that and watch Cassie for the night. What time do I have to be there?" Sam asked as she stood up.

"Be there by 6:00 p.m. the Col, I mean my date is going to pick me up at... at uh... 6:30p.m. at the house," Janet smiled quickly looking at a confused Sam, "Anyhow, I'll see you tomorrow night at 6:00p.m. Sam," Janet said as she left the lab with a smile on her face.

"Alright Janet," Sam said softly as she thought about what Janet said 'the Col...Jack? She has a date with Jack! how can that be possible... she knows I like him. Did he ask her out? Did she ask him out? I can't believe she asked me to babysit Cassie when she is going to be spending a date with the man I love... want... heck really need. Now everything is clicking..why he asked me what Janet's favorite food was. Why he stares at her with his large chocolate eyes when we are in the infirmary. How could I have been so blind? Why is he dating her and not me? Wait I know the answer to that question. Regulations. Hell, screw the regs, anytime he wants me I am his. But I guess this is clear that he doesn't want me. He wants Janet. Not me.' Sam thought as she gathered her stuff and walked out of the lab running smack dab into Col. Jack O'Neil Sending her falling to the ground with all her books and papers.

"Whoa Carter, you okay?" Jack asked as he bent down and touched her arm to see if she was okay. To his surprise Sam just sat there looking him straight in the eye, "Sam....you okay?"

"Yeah...sorry sir, wasn't watching were I was going. Will never happen again sir," Sam said as she jerked away from his grip on her arm and started gathering the papers and books she dropped breaking eye contact with him completly.

"Are you sure Carter? You seem kinda...off," Jack said as he helped her gather her papers and books.

"Off? Me, sir? I am never off, just tired. Anyhow, I have to go, you know me... busy busy busy," Sam flashed him a fake smile and stood up.

"Hey Sam, are you busy tomorrow night?" He asked with a sly smile on his face.

"Actually sir I... " she stopped and thought of her answer 'well two can play at this game,' "I have a date tomorrow night, see you monday," Sam said as she stepped onto the elevators. 'Okay, so I lied to my CO. Who cares? He is going out with Janet tomorrow night anyway. What the hell does he care. Plus I do have a date... a date with Cassie... holy hannah am I becoming pathetic,' Sam thought as she left, deciding that she is going to have fun with Cassie even though the man she wanted was dating her friend.



Sam straightened her winter jacket as she knocked on Janet's door. She sighed heavily at the thought of when Jack sees her with Cassie when he comes to pick up Janet, 'oh well, I can just tell him I cancelled it... yeah right, like I would cancel a date. Oh but I did with Gaharm Simmon's. But he is a puppy dog basically,' Sam smiled when Cassie opened the door.

"Sam!" Cassie shouted and wrapped her arms around Sam tightly, "we are going to have so much fun tonight!" Cassie shouted again as Sam lifted Cassie into her arms and walked into the house.

"Fun? Who said anything about fun Cassie?" Sam teased as she put Cassie down on the ground and hung her jacket up, "First, did you finish your homework?"

"Yes," Cassie said with a smile.

"Did you clean your room and make your bed?" Sam asked.

"Yes and yes," Cassie smiled again.

"Did you call the cute boy you were telling me about last time I was over here?" Sam said with a grin.

"No!" Cassie shouted and blushed at the same time.

"Well then, I guess we are going to have to do that tonight then," Sam said as she picked up Cassie again.

"Sam, he doesn't like me! He likes some girl named Tiffany. He invited her to his birthday party and not me. Boys are mean," Cassie stated as she held onto Sam.

"I know Cassie," Sam sighed softly, "Boys can be so mean sometimes," Sam smiles and kissed Cassie's forehead.

"Alright Sam..I'll be right back..." Cassie said as she jumped down out of Sam's arms and ran upstairs as the door bell rang. Without thinking Sam walked over to the door to see Jack standing there with flowers in his hands. Sam's heart sank.

"Sam..." Jack said softly as he saw her open the door.

"Hold on... I'll go get Janet for you...come on in I guess," Sam said slowly as she shut the door behind him.

"But Sam I..." he was cut short by Sam yelling to Janet.

"Janet, your date is here!" Sam yelled as she went and sat down on the couch. Jack looked at her with a confused expression.

"Date?" Jack asked.

"Yes date Col. I know about you and Janet going out. I hope you have a wonderful time," Sam said in a lonely voice.

"Sam... that's not why I am here Sam," Jack said as he moved to the couch to sit next to her.

"What? I thought you and Janet had a date. She said "I have the date with the Col. tomorrow night," Sam said with a confused expression.

"Hey Jack," Janet said as she walked down stairs and turned to Sam, "Where is Col Mapes? You said my date was here?" Janet smiled.

"Col. Mapes?" Sam asked as she felt her face turn bright red.

"Sam, after you turned me down last night I got a little...curious as to who you were going out with tonight, so I went to ask Janet who you were going out with and she said you were babysitting," Jack smiled.

"Jack is going to babysit with you tonight Sam," Janet said as Col. Mapes knocked on the door, "That's my date, you two be good... take care of Cassie. I'll be home...late," and with that Janet left.

"I decided that since you turned down my date, I would stay with you tonight and babysit Cassie, so I could be with you," Jack said as he moved closer to Sam and handed her the flowers, "these are for you," Jack grinned.

"Be with me," Sam said softly, "Wow... I feel... stupid," Sam bowed her head slightly.

"You are..." and with that Jack kissed her softly.

As Cassie watched Sam and Jack from the top of the stairs she smiled to herself and walked into her room and picked up the phone and dialed Tommy's number, "Hello Tommy, this is Cassie. I was wondering if you are doing anything next weekend..."

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Heidi