Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Legacy Part 4, The

by Hallrho
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
The Legacy Part 4

The Legacy Part 4

by Hallrho

Title: The Legacy Part 4
Author: Hallrho
Email: Hallrho@AOL.com
Category: Action/Adventure, Angst, Hurt/Comfort
Season: Season 5
Pairing: Sam/Jack
Rating: PG-13
Warnings: language, violence
Summary: O'Neill and SG-1 discover the true intentions of the Araraan race with horrific results. Sequel to 'Through Another Eyes' and 'The Special Gift.'
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).

Chapter Twenty-Six

Teal'c had finished dragging the second Jaffa into their hiding place. He mentally shook his head in disgust. These Jaffa were far too easy to overtake. It said nothing for the discipline within the ranks. He dropped the man on the floor and took to that task of stripping him of his uniform. Jacob was already shrugging on the first Jaffa's uniform. They had ambushed the two soldiers patrolling the deserted streets. Teal'c zatted both before they even realized that they had been had.

Jacob patted the boots down. He straightened up and grimaced. "God, these things are uncomfortable."

Teal'c glanced over to Jacob and nodded. "As I recall, O'Neill once remarked that he understood why the Jaffa were always so cranky. I believe he alluded it to the uniforms."

Jacob barked out a laugh. "That is so typical of Jack.' He slipped the front panel over his chest and then the girdle. "How do they move in this stuff?" He groused.

"You become accustomed to it." Teal'c reached over and hefted the staff weapon. He had the device to initiate the transport rings. He glanced about the control room. They had set the control center to self-destruct upon his command. This was per the instructions of Diama. Jacob had already downloaded all the information within the computer system to a small hand held computer.

It was a tremendous amount of data. Teal'c felt a moment of regret. It was wasteful to destroy this place. The computer system alone was so far advanced to anything they had at the SGC. He looked about the room. In fact, there wasn't too many worlds out there that could compete with the technology here, even the Tollen. And look what their arrogance brought upon them. Destruction. He returned his attention to Jacob. The Tok'ra was fiddling with the odd looking helmet.

"Do you believe we will be able to fool the Jaffa?" Jacob asked looking at Teal'c.

"I have no intentions of running into any of the Jaffa." Teal'c answered.

"Surely we will see some." Jacob pressed raising a brow.

"Perhaps we will. Then we will merely march by on our way to our duties. And we always have duties." Teal'c nodded knowingly.

"Yeah, I always wondered where those guys were going when they would stomp by us." Jacob smiled.

"We must appear busy and occupied or they will question our intent." Teal'c glanced about the room again. He frowned deeply. "The first place we must go to is their control center to locate Colonel O'Neill and the other's. Then we must plant the explosives at strategic sites. We will use the ring device to escape the ship when the explosives go off."

"Gosh, it all sounds so easy." Jacob remarked looking over his uniform for the last time.

"I do not know about this Ptah-sek-ani. If all I have heard of him is true, and that is coming from the Jaffa, then Colonel O'Neill and the rest of SG-1 are in grave danger. This Goa'uld is a beast and a monster." Teal'c appeared visibly shaken by the thought.

Which disturbed Jacob.

"Then we need to get on board that ship as quickly as possible." Jacob pushed aside the thought of his daughter and friends being in the hands of that creature.

Teal'c stopped what he was doing. He cast his dark eyes on Jacob. "General Carter, I must tell you that I do not have a good feeling about this place. There is something not quite right here. Do not ask me what, because I am not sure what it is. This Goa'uld, his quest is not necessarily for power. He is very self-centered. He cares for nothing save for his own pleasures. He is extraordinarily single minded. As a result, Diama could have the same attitude about destroying the Goa'uld and the Jaffa.

"Teal'c, we have gone over this. We both know there is a danger if we go on board. If she has an airborne contaminant, then we are both at risk."

"I am aware of that. But we have no choice. It is a risk we must take if we are to help our friends." Teal'c scanned the room again.

"I hope Mike Taylor's group got back to the Stargate in one piece." Jacob said picking up the other Jaffa's staff weapon. He strapped on his Berreta, a nice 9 mm. It was always good to have backup. He peered around and spied Jack's P-90 and handgun. He reached over and snatched up both of them and stuffed them in his knapsack. He then slid the knapsack around his shoulders.

Teal'c watched Jacob heft the knapsack over his shoulders. He frowned.

"That might be noticeable." He stated pointing at the sack.

Jacob glanced at the sack and grinned. "I'll just tell them its souvenirs."

Teal'c frowned and tilted his head in thought. "That might work." Actually, Jacob was loaded for bear. He had C-4, grenades, extra magazines for rifles and handguns, Zats, and of course, a spare staff weapon. Teal'c knew O'Neill liked to be prepared.

"Are we ready?" Jacob asked studying the large Jaffa.

"Yes, I believe we are." Teal'c dropped his dark eyes to his hand that held the device that would activate the rings.

Jacob exhaled loudly. "Okay, let's go into the hornet's nest."

Teal'c raised a brow, but did not question the euphemism. He gave a curt nod and pointed the way out.

"This uniform will be the eventual demise of the Jaffa." Jacob remarked unhappily.

Teal'c could only nod. He hoped that it would not be their demise as well.

Chapter Twenty-seven

Diama stood in the middle of an empty room. Her hands were hanging loosely by her sides. Her beautiful eyes were closed and relaxed. She was communicating with Carter. Carter was responding, but O'Neill was not. Which caused much stress to Carter. Diama attempted to calm the female Tau'ri's fear about her friend and commander. Diama also sensed something else. Interested, she probed slightly. These creatures guard their feelings intensely. They are extremely private and yet, aware. She released Carter and returned to O'Neill. Still no response. This concerned her. Where was he? She knew Ptah-sek-ani was watching her. Curious, but very cautious. That was not a problem. She smiled suddenly. Let him worry. His time was short. Because of her pain, the pain of her people, the sheer loss of an entire civilization and its knowledge, he would pay. She dropped her shoulders. A passing moment of grief.

Tor.

Her beloved.

True, she could rip the creature that lives within him out, but he would never be the same. She shuddered slightly. He will have to die. She opened her glittering eyes and stared at the wall in front of her.

O'Neill.

The key to all of this. He must co-operate in order for them to succeed. She smiled softly. Her pretty features softening. He did not fully understand the bizarre chain of events that lead to him being the vessel that housed her people's legacy. When he laid his hand upon the Wall of Grief, that one event changed his life forever. Had he not been the one, she would have never pushed the information through him. Oh the Holy Ones, he fought her! And still fights her! A weaker soul would have been vanquished by the sheer force of her will.

This one.

This one.

He was the one all along. He just did not know it. Even the Jaffa of Ptah-sek-ani realized it. O'Neill has such a strong stubborn streak...ahhh...tenacious....yes. She turned to a sound behind her. A hidden door slid open and a young Jaffa entered the room. He looked about, first to the ceiling, then to the other door.

Diama stared silently at him, appraising him. Young. Pleasant features. Even handsome. She tilted her head and nodded slightly to acknowledge his presence.

He turned his attention to her and motioned to the door. There was no threat in the movement. Benign. He raised his brows and pointed to the door, then raised a finger to his lips.

Diama raised her brows. She glanced about the room and chose to follow the young man. She glided towards the Jaffa, her eyes questioning.

Once they walked through the door they were in a dimly lit hallway. The door slid shut.

He towered over her. The young Jaffa turned to look at her.

Diama reached up and touched his arm gently.

"My Lady, I am known as Cristis. I am a Jaffa in the service of Ptah-sek-ani." The Jaffa's golden eyes were intense.

"So, why are we here?" She asked gesturing about the hallway.

"I know why you are here." He said simply.

Diama lifted a delicate eyebrow. "Really?"

"You are here to destroy Ptah-sek-ani. You have come to avenge your people for what he has done to them. And I know you can do this thing." Cristis said nodding his head.

"Indeed? And how do I plan to do this task? There is only one of me." Diama gently mocked.

"The Tau'ri O'Neill."

"Oh, but where is this O'Neill? And the other's for that matter?" She now pressed.

"For the moment, they are safe, but I do not know for how long. I cannot personally guarantee their safety. That is why we are here now. Whatever is to be done, it must be done now." Cristis's voice turned urgent.

"Why?" Diama frowned looking up at the Jaffa curiously.

"Because Ptah-sek-ani plans to......ah..soil the one called Daniel Jackson. Then kill him for pleasure." Cristis could not control the expression of revulsion on his face.

"No." Diama said horrified.

"Yes, he will rape the young Tau'ri...trust me, I know this." Cristis shuddered ever so slightly.

"The God's above! What of O'Neill?" She said suddenly fearful of the Colonel.

"Sira and Talmek had to put him in a sarcophagus. He was.....injured and needed to be repaired. He must be well in order to ....ah..begin the rebellion." Cristis gently touched Diama's shoulder.

"A sarcophagus..how badly was he injured?"

"That matters not. They will be taking him out any moment. You must go tend to him. I will retrieve the others. Daniel Jackson needs immediate care, but you and O'Neill must rescue him. We cannot for it is in Ptah-sek-ani's private chambers." Cristis dropped his hand away from Diama's shoulder and glanced down the hallway.

"I was lead to believe I was placed in his private chamber." Diama asked looking back to the room.

"You are in his sleeping quarters, O'Neill is where his sarcophagus is stationed. Both private places for the Goa'uld." Cristis shrugged slightly.

"Where is O'Neill?"

"This way. We must hurry. He may not be fully healed, but good enough to travel." Cristis pointed down the hallway.

"What of the Jaffa?" Diama asked holding his arm tightly.

Cristis's face softened. His eyes welling with unshed tears. He shook his head sadly. "We will battle among ourselves, for there are those who blindly follow Ptah-sek-ani, because they are afraid. We will give them the opportunity to choose between freedom and slavery to that creature. If they wish to serve that monster then they will perish with him."

Diama's hand dropped from his arm. "Very well. Take me to O'Neill first." She raised her hands suddenly. "We will need weapons."

"My Lady, I have what you need next to the sarcophagus. There are weapons for four. The other's will have to improvise."

Diama looked into the young man's eyes. "How will you explain our obvious escape?"

Cristis smiled. "It will not be necessary, for Ptah-sek-ani will figure the betrayal quickly enough. I am certain he will know who are the Shol'va" He pointed down the hallway. "Go quickly before it is to late."

Diama grabbed Cristis hand and held them tightly. "How will we know who to destroy?"

Cristis touched his chest with the free hand. "Look to our chest for this symbol. Only those who wish freedom will wear it. We call it our squadron crest." Crisis smiled slightly. "We will not fire upon you. We will offer you our protection while we can."

Diama stared at the emerald green diamond shaped symbol in the middle of the warrior's chest.

"Ah, you are brave. Listen to me. I have a powerful weapon that assuredly will kill Ptah-sek-ani. But it will also destroy the Jaffa as well. It will be very painful. You must make your escape before I release it."

"I knew it had to be something that would destroy both. How will we know when you are to release this weapon?"

"Oh, look to O'Neill. He will let you know." Diama smiled. The young Jaffa was telling the truth. She could sense that upon taking his hand.

"You must go. That way. O'Neill will be out of the sarcophagus by the time you get there. But remember, he may not be fully healed, but still warrior enough." Cristis nodded knowingly.

"Before I go, tell me why O'Neill was placed in the sarcophagus." Diama released the Jaffa's hand.

With that question, the young Jaffa looked uncomfortable. He glanced at the floor then to her glittering eyes. He cleared his throat. "In order to..ah..take suspicion away from us, we had to fully obey Ptah-sek-ani's command. He demanded we..insure O'Neill would be compliant when he came to visit him. He suffered some damage. We had no choice!" Cristis looked at her with desperate eyes.

Once again Diama reached for Cristis hand. "Do not concern yourself. I understand. If he is able to travel, then he will be able to defend us."

"Yes, from what I have heard of this Tau'ri, even if he could not, he would try."

"Of course he would." She pulled her hand away and sighed. "Time is short. I must go. What of the others, Carter and Frasier?"

"I will set them free myself and point them in your direction. I will supply them with weapon as well."

Diama dropped her head in respect. "Thank you my friend. I am glad I had the opportunity to meet you. If more Jaffa had your valor and strength, then the power of the Goa'uld would become a thing of the past. Remember that Cristis. You hold the future for your people in your hands."

"My Lady, by your leave." Cristis pointed down the hallway again.

Diama eased around the large man. She took one long hard look at him then turned down the empty hallway. She felt a nudge to her mind. She finally sensed him.

And he was not a happy camper!

Cristis watched the woman jog away from him. He hoped he was doing the right thing. Even if he wasn't, it was too late now to turn back. They must continue for they were committed. He glanced down the opposite way, then broke into a run to free the two female Tau'ri. As he ran he came to realize, they were doing the right thing.

Chapter Twenty-eight

"Ohh shit, I'm in a fucking sarcophagus." O'Neill whispered as the doors on the top slowly opened. He hated waking up in these things, because it was usually an indicator that something really bad had happened to him. He lay still for a moment, waiting for it to fully open. He was already working on a plan of escape. Light spilled in all around him. He inhaled deeply, a twinge of pain. Nothing really traumatic, and there was no headache or blurred vision. No concussion then. Another good thing. He eased up to a seated position and immediately saw two unhelmeted Jaffa standing before him.

"Whoa!" O'Neill held his hands up.

"We must hurry." Sira moved forward towards O'Neill. He had a gun in his hand.

Jack stayed in the sarcophagus for a long moment, then realized he had to get out or the thing would close him in there again. He jumped up and scrambled over the side, never taking his eyes off the Jaffa before him.

Sira handed O'Neill the weapon.

"Take it." The other Jaffa ordered.

"Wait a minute, can one of you guys tell me what the hell is going on here?" O'Neill backed off a step, but snatched the gun from the heavy-set Jaffa's hands.

"The Araraan Diama is on her way here as we speak. You are free to go." Talmek gestured towards the door.

"Uh, pardon me for my slowness here, but ah, what's wrong with this picture?" O'Neill asked glancing to see of the weapon were loaded.

It was.

Sira handed him two clips.

O'Neill took them. He backed away raising the 9mm at the two Jaffa. "Why are you helping me? I mean, you beat the hell out of me, put me in a damn sarcophagus, bring me back, hand me a gun and point me the way out. Now is that weird or what?"

"Do not asked questions. Just go." Sira said fearfully. He also pointed to the door.

O'Neill blinked then narrowed his dark eyes. "This is about me killing your God Ptah-sek-ani. Isn't it?"

"You are the one." Sira said nodding.

"No, I am not!" O'Neill snapped back. He stepped back another step away from the two strange Jaffa.

"I am afraid you are. As I said, Cristis has freed Diama and she is on her way here. He is now tending to the two female Tau'ri. You must go to the one known as Daniel Jackson before it is too late." Talmek explained.

O'Neill jerked a thumb at the sarcophagus. "Why was I in that thing? And what's wrong with Daniel?" A note of worry crept into O'Neill's voice.

"Before we placed you in the sarcophagus, you were unfit to do battle." Sira answered simply.

"Was I dead?" O'Neill asked incredulous.

"Might as well have been." Sira looked at Talmek. He could not keep the fear from his face.

"Daniel Jackson is in grave danger. Ptah-sek-ani had taken a light to him and so desires him. He will do to him as he had done to many young Jaffa. That is one good reason we rebel. Now go, before someone sees us together." Talmek raised a muscular arm to the door. He nodded his head in a very similar manner to what Teal'c does when showing respect.

"Don't need to tell me twice." O'Neill backed away another step to the now open portal. He poked his head out and was startled to see a petite woman standing before him.

"Hello." She said stepping into the room. She reached out and touched Sira's arm.

Jack smiled upon seeing her. "Hey, it's about time. They say we gotta rescue Daniel."

She withdrew her hand from Sira and glanced at Jack's weapon. She looked away and spied the green diamond on both Jaffa.

Both men bowed to her.

"My Lady, we await your command." Talmek said looking down on her.

"Jaffa Kree. Koljak dole." She said reaching with her other hand to Jack. "Come. I know where Daniel Jackson is being held. We must hurry."

Talmek had come around O'Neill and stepped into the deserted hallway. He glanced up and down, then motioned for them to come out.

"Hurry, there is not much time. We will wait here and cover your chalek."

"Uh? Our six?" O'Neill asked Diama.

"Of course." She answered pulling him into the hallway. "How fare you?" She looked him up and down. He still had a large bruise on the side of his face and grimaced slightly when she pulled him forward. But otherwise, he looked to be the warrior she expected.

"I fare fine, and you?" O'Neill crouched slightly as he entered the hallway, cautiously looking about.

"This way." She said. "Carter and Frasier are on their way." She turned her head to look to the Jaffa. " Gather your forces. The time approaches to do battle. Fa krowl kree." She gestured towards the opposite hallway.

They both nodded and abruptly turned and took off down the other way.

Diama touched O'Neill's arm. Hurry!

O'Neill nodded with the wordless thought.

They both broke away and began to jog down the hallway to where Daniel was being held captive.

Chapter Twenty-nine

Daniel had moved to the other side of the room. He kept a wary eye on the large Goa'uld that had just entered the room. This creature gave him the creeps in the worse way. He glanced about looking for something, anything to defend himself against the Goa'uld. He saw chairs and the table and nothing else. He had been in the room by himself for at least six hours. He had covered every corner of the room, banging on the walls, looking for a way out. He found nothing. He stood on the table to get a better look at the ceiling. Still nothing useful. He shouted, cursed and finally decided to sit down and try not to think of his friends. Somehow during this time he managed to drift off to sleep and was startled awake by Ptah-sek-ani entering the room with the Jaffa.

The Jaffa entered the room and scanned it. One walked around Daniel, looking intently at the surroundings, and the door, then nodded to the Goa'uld.

The Goa'uld waved the Jaffa away. The Jaffa hesitated and looked at Daniel.

"Go!" Ptah-sek-ani ordered. He turned his back to the Jaffa and headed towards Daniel.

The Jaffa nodded to Daniel and pointed to his chest and the green emblem there. He looked at Ptah-sek-ani, then back to Daniel. Then he turned and quickly left the room.

Daniel was torn between watching the Jaffa and his strange behavior and the approaching Goa'uld. He caught the nod and frowned. He glanced at the Jaffa's chest and shook his head minutely. The Jaffa then turned and left the room, leaving Daniel alone with Ptah-sek-ani.

"Ah, so sweet." Ptah-sek-ani walked around Daniel appraising the young man. He reached out and touched Daniel's face.

Daniel steeled himself not to flinch. He kept his eyes riveted on the door. The urge to run was almost overwhelming.

"I shall so enjoy this. Up to now, I had to settle with Jaffa or those annoying Araraans. But never the sweet Tau'ri. I believe I will have you first and then take O'Neill."

"You know what I believe? I believe O'Neill would kill you first." Daniel strived to keep his voice steady.

"Do you really think so?" Ptah-sek-ani gently mocked as he began to walk around Daniel. He looked him up and down and then smirked. How pitiful they are! How is it they believe that they could defeat a race as powerful as the Goa'uld? We are Gods! Ptah-sek-ani thought to himself while admiring his latest victim

Daniel swallowed, but met the Goa'uld's eyes. All he could think of, was how really ugly this creature was.

"Well, yes, I do think so. You see, you really don't know Jack. I heard he is not easy." Suddenly, Daniel had an overwhelming urge to laugh. He was so scared, that he was finding things bizarrely funny. Maybe he was frightened because the Jaffa was frightened.

"Oh! So, it might be a good time to get to know 'Jack'." The Goa'uld sneered.

Daniel eased back a step. He knew with sudden and painful clarity what this creature was going to do to him. And it was terrifying.

Ptah-sek-ani's right arm shot out with lightening speed and grabbed the front of Daniel's shirt. He jerked the man towards him, with the other hand he ripped the shirt off. Ptah-sek-ani smiled.

"Oh." He breathed and ran his large hand over Daniel's chest. The Goa'uld smiled slightly. He could feel the rapid beating of Daniel's heart. It excited him to no ends. He could feel his own heart begin to beat faster. He inhaled sharply as he looked into the human's intensely blue eyes. Such emotion there!

Daniel recognized the look and suddenly jerked away, he would fight this creature, even to his own death rather than let this thing use him. He batted away the Goa'uld's arm with all the strength he had.

The Goa'uld grabbed Daniel's arm and jerked Daniel around so that the young man's back was to Ptah-sek-ani. The Goa'uld then brought his other meaty arm around Daniel's neck and pulled him in close.

Daniel slammed into the Goa'uld chest so hard that it knocked the breath from him. He gasped outloud.

The Goa'uld ran his hands freely over Daniel's neck, chest, shoulder's and stomach.

"Ah." The beast breathed.

Daniel began to struggle, kicking and struggling against the creature with every ounce of strength he owned.

"No!" Daniel shouted. "You will not do this to me while I can draw a breath. I swear to God I will kill you!"

"No, you will not." The Goa'uld said amused. He raked his bejeweled fingers across Daniel's chest. Four deep scratches appeared, quickly welling up with blood.

Daniel refused to acknowledge. He continued to fight the massive creature. Now kicking and screaming in rage.

"Cease this or I will be forced to harm you." Ptah-sek-ani said now becoming annoyed with the struggling human.

"Hurt me or kill me, but you are not going to rape me!" Daniel yelled as he delivered a sharp elbow strike to Ptah-sek-ani's stomach.

The Goa'uld was caught off guard by Daniel's ferocity. The Jaffa were usually more submissive and his slaves even more so. Some fought. But not many. They knew better. Not that he minded some fight in them. He grabbed Daniel by both arms and violently lifted him up off the floor. He shook the human in frustration.

Daniel continued to kick out at the large Goa'uld. He shouted and struggled. He was absolutely determined not to let this beast have its way, at least not while he was conscious. He could feel his chest burning from the scratches. He realized after a panicky moment that he was screaming Jack's name over and over. He brought one knee up and kicked backwards striking the Goa'uld solidly in the groin. He heard the creature grunt. Finally got its attention! Daniel thought.

"Fool!" The Goa'uld shrieked in rage. He threw the human across the table.

Daniel bounced off the wall and rolled under the table.

The Goa'uld grabbed the table and flipped it, smashing it to chunks of wood when it hit the wall.

Daniel scrambled clumsily on his hands and knees. His chest and back were on fire. He was gasping trying to regain his breath. He could see the doorway, but getting to it would be a problem, a large ugly Goa'uld problem.

"How dare you place your hands upon your God!" Ptah-sek-ani bellowed. He pushed aside the debris to get to the moving human. These creatures are infuriating! They are not supposed to fight back! He watched the Tau'ri scramble towards the far wall.

"You will obey me. You will comply. You belong to me!" Ptah-sek-ani reached out and jerked Daniel off the floor. He shook the hapless man violently.

Daniel felt his entire body rattling. He gasped and reached his hands around one beefy hand that held him by the remnants of his T-shirt.

"Jack!" Daniel screamed.

"Present!" A voice responded.

Ptah-sek-ani spun around to the voice of another Tau'ri male. It was he!

And Diama was standing next to him.

"Ah." Ptah-sek-ani tossed Daniel aside, sending the young man tumbling to the floor.

"Daniel, get over here quickly!" Jack held the 9mm steady on the angry Goa'uld.

Daniel was trying to clear his ringing head. He figured he had to have had at least a concussion. He stood up unsteadily. "Okay.......I'm...getting..up." He mumbled.

Jack eased to the left of the Goa'uld to reach his battered friend. It appeared they had got there just in time. He took in Daniel's shredded shirt, scratches and numerous abrasions. He waved his hand sharply. "Com'on, com'on, we are getting the hell out of here."

"Sure....sure." Daniel stumbled towards Jack, who was moving closer to him.

"Come Tau'ri, we had plans for you later, but since you have decided to come to me, so much the better for us." Ptah-sek-ani stepped in between the two men, blocking Jack's progress towards his friend.

"Get the hell out of my way." Jack growled.

Ptah-sek-ani smiled thinly. "My, you are bold. This should be such a pleasure." The Goa'uld moved to Jack, who feinted to the opposite side, allowing Daniel the opportunity to stumbled towards Diama.

"Get him out of here!" Jack yelled, side-stepping the groping hand of the Goa'uld.

Diama propelled Daniel through the door to the now arriving Janet and Sam.

"Help him!" Diama breathed and tore back into the room when she heard a loud crash and the sound of the 9mm firing.

"Sir?" Sam came around Janet and rushed past the Araraan woman.

Janet grabbed Daniel and pulled him to a far wall.

"Okay Daniel, we've got you."

"Great, that guy is a rough first date." Daniel said still stunned. He pressed his back against the wall and dropped to the floor with a sudden thud.

"Stay with me here Daniel." Janet eased down with him, trying to take his pulse and check his pupils.

"Sure...right after my nap." He murmured then slumped forward into unconsciousness.

"Daniel? Daniel? Oh great." Janet said patting the young man's cheek. She rocked back and glanced to the open door and the sounds of crashing within the room.

Inside that room was the effects of chaos.

Jack had managed to fire off a few rounds into the stomach of the Goa'uld.

It only served to piss off the huge Goa'uld. The creature easily slapped away Jack's weapon with one hand and backhanded him with the other, sending Jack reeling across the room.

Jack crashed into a far wall and rolled away. He dropped into a fighting stance.

"You are more trouble than you are worth." Ptah-sek-ani growled. He advanced on the human, ignoring the bullet wounds to his chest. The O'Neill shifted quickly and executed a roundhouse kick to the back of the Goa'uld right knee, shifted again and delivered a knee smash to the Goa'uld's groin. The two successive blows caught the Goa'uld off guard. Ptah-sek-ani took two jerky steps back. His eyes flared white with fury. He balled up a powerful fist and managed to slam the fist into O'Neill's left shoulder, sending the human reeling to the floor. The soldier rolled again and jumped to his feet.

"Impudence!" The Goa'uld screamed and rushed forward.

O'Neill ducked, dived and rolled to the other side. He jumped quickly to his feet, scanning the floor for his gun. His left shoulder felt dislocated and all the rolling on the floor was not helping it.

The Goa'uld's momentum sent it crashing into the wall. Ptah-sek-ani jerked around and raised his hand. The weapon within his palm flared brightly.

"Uh-oh, the hand thingy." O'Neill muttered to himself and dove for his gun.

But not before he felt the power of the hand weapon slam forcefully into his chest, sending him flying across the room.

He thought he heard Sam's voice cry out, 'Sir!'

He hoped he had, as he hit the wall with bone crushing force.

There was sudden total body pain, then mercifully nothing.

The Goa'uld roared with fury and advanced on the hapless man.

He reached down to pull the lifeless Tau'ri to his feet when he heard then felt the discharge of a Zat weapon. He jerked forward dropping the Tau'ri and spun around with unbridled rage.

There stood a blond female with the Goa'uld weapon in her hand. Her intense blue eyes locked on him.

Ptah-sek-ani shook off the charge. He watched her raise the weapon again. He lifted his barrel chest, the wounds no longer bleeding, he no longer felt pain. He shrieked in anger. His eyes white with rage.

"You dare attack a God? Your insolence shall be punished!" He spun around and grabbed O'Neill by the scruff of his neck and jerked him about. He lifted the unconscious man in front of him, as a shield. "Shoot me, you shoot him, it may not kill him, but I promise you he will be dead before we hit the ground." For effect, he shook O'Neill roughly.

Sam held the weapon steady. She knew the cost. She could not allow this thing to live, all she prayed for was that Ptah-sek-ani would die before he had the chance to kill O'Neill. She leveled the weapon and went to squeeze the trigger when she heard Diama cry out.

"Stop! Stop!" The petite woman raced in front of the Zat, between the weapon and Ptah-sek-ani. "Do not shoot him. Put your weapon down!"

Sam's heart was already slamming in her chest and this interruption was not helping the situation at all. "Get out of the way Diama. It is my job and duty to destroy this thing." She said through gritted teeth.

"Yes, and I understand. But this is my battle to win, not yours.' Diama hissed.

"How very amusing. Two females fighting over me." Ptah-sek-ani sneered. He still held O'Neill in front of his massive body.

Sam found herself staring at the large Goa'uld in horrified fascination. O'Neill was no small man, but he looked small compared to the giant Goa'uld.

"Colonel!" She cried out.

O'Neill's head hung down in an utter stupor. His arms were limp and unresponsive.

Sam was not sure if he was even breathing.

Then, in one explosive movement, O'Neill came to life. He brought his elbow up and back connecting forcefully with the Goa'uld's nose. At the same time he kicked back with his right foot and made contact with the alien's right knee. The creature howled with pain and dropped the struggling man.

O'Neill fell to the floor, but was prepared for the drop. He landed on his feet and leaped up away from the screaming Goa'uld. He felt the swish of air over his head. The Goa'uld had taken a swing at him. Could have killed him if it had made contact. He scrambled away still stunned from the earlier hit he took. His ears were ringing and his vision was still blurred. Not bad enough to lie there and let that thing make a target of him. He slammed into the wall trying to stand up straight. His knees protesting the whole way. He heard Diama's voice. It was either in his head or out. He wasn't sure.

"Put down your weapon!"

He climbed up the wall and peered towards the sound. He saw, or so he thought, Sam and Diama facing each other angrily. Sam had a Zat in her hand and Diama was blocking her ability to take a shot.

So that's who zatted the big bastard!

Good girl! He thought. He waved his hands towards Carter trying to get her attention.

Sam had witnessed O'Neill sudden revival of life and the attack on the Goa'uld. He was playing possum. When he hit the floor, she reached around for her pistol. Then saw Colonel O'Neill's gun on the floor. She looked up at him and realized he was waving to her. She dropped her head to the gun and stepped forward, she then kicked the weapon towards him. It slid across the floor. She raised her weapon back at the Goa'uld.

Diama stepped in front of the gun. "You will not shoot him. His destiny belongs to me. To my people." Her green eyes glittered dangerously, her voice was a harsh whisper.

Ptah-sek-ani lifted his hand, there was a weapon secured in his palm. He extended his fingers and pressed outward towards the women. The weapon began to hum and vibrate.

Diama pushed Sam away towards O'Neill, who now had the weapon in his hands.

Sam stumbled towards O'Neill.

Surprised at the strength of the small female, the female officer fell to her knees.

O'Neill jumped forwards to break her fall. He missed. He still had the gun in his grasp. Looking up he swung the weapon at the furious Goa'uld.

Sam crawled to O'Neill, her gun in her hand. She pulled herself to her knees and saw an amazing sight.

Diama stood directly in front of the Goa'uld. Her eyes were closed and relaxed. Her hands were out in front of her body, palms facing the creature.

She was whispering.

"Da mayt Goa'uld, krotar nehayark!"

She was repeating this phrase over and over again.

The Goa'uld sneered at her. "You do not frighten me." He pressed his hand at her and a pulse of white energy exploded outward.

"NO!" O'Neill screamed. He scrambled to her in an awkward attempt to force her to the floor.

The force hit in front of the Araraan woman's outstretched hands. In hundreds of tiny, thin tendrils it dissipated to nothingness, having never reached the woman.

She opened her eyes. They glittered with intensity and fire. She smiled darkly.

"Da mayt Goa'uld, krotar nehayark!"

"What? How is that possible?" The Goa'uld said astonished. He pressed his hand towards Diama again.

O'Neill stood rooted to his place. His lips were moving silently. He stared at the petite woman, repeating the same words over and over again.

"Da mayt Goa'uld, krotar nehayark!"

The force erupted from the device again and rippled towards her.

"Da mayt Araraan!" Ptah-sek-ani shrieked.

Diama's hand moved slightly and she deflected the force towards the ceiling. The energy bounced off her hands to a corner of the room and blew away a considerable portion of the ceiling.

Frasier ran into the room and found herself behind the alien woman. Her weapon drawn.

"Get out of here!" Sam yelled waving her friend out of the chaos. "Get Daniel out of here now!"

"What the hell is going on?" Janet had come in to check on her friends. Daniel had lost consciousness, and there was nothing Janet could do for him until he came to. The doctor stared at the small woman doing apparent battle with the Goa'uld. She witnessed an amazing thing. Diama deflected a power blast from a Goa'uld hand weapon! How did she do that? She had nothing in her hands. Janet tore her eyes away from the Araraan and sought out O'Neill. She saw him, standing shellshock and muttering something. His 9mm hung limply down by his side. He had a glazed expression on his face and appeared totally unaware of what was happening around him. She then glanced to Carter, who was struggling to stand up and get to her commanding officer. Sam was making pushing movements with her hands towards the door.

"Get out! Get out now!" She yelled.

Janet nodded and spun on her heel. She somehow had to get Daniel off the ship. They had to get off the ship! She reached Daniel and knelt down next to him. He was beginning to stir. Janet glanced back at the room and felt her heart tightening. She was torn between disobeying her commander and giving him backup or following orders and getting off the ship. She had to find another way.

The Goa'uld stared in utter amazement as the Araraan woman easily turned away his powerful weapon. He caught, out of the corner of his eye, the movement of the human O'Neill. Ah, if he could not get to her, he could get to the Tau'ri. A pity really, he hated wasting good potential. He raised his hand and quickly released another volley of pure energy towards a dazed O'Neill.

"No!" Sam screamed.

O'Neill turned towards the force and held up his hand. The wave slammed into his hand and bounced harmlessly away. O'Neill continued to stand there and stare at the Goa'uld.

"Da mayt Goa'uld, krotar nehayark kree!" He said smiling.

Sam stared at him in open astonishment. "H..how did you do that sir?" She asked stunned.

O'Neill did not answer but continued to stare at the Goa'uld.

"Da mayt Tauri." Ptah-sek-ani jeered.

"Nope, it's gonna be you that dies in this place." O'Neill jeered back.

"Enough, I have shown far too much tolerance for you creatures. My Jaffa will destroy you." The Goa'uld waved a beefy hand at O'Neill.

"Ya think?" O'Neill grinned wickedly.

"I am a God. I know." Ptah-sek-ani raised his dark head and made a face.

"Your death belongs to me Goa'uld. Your Jaffa tend you no more. Do you see them here defending their God? No. They love you not. You are an abomination to everything and everyone. You will die a most heinous death. Just as you have done to others, the same shall be done to you." Diama said passionately.

"You are weak. All of you are weak. I have no fear of puny creatures such as you are." Ptah-sek-ani made a quick move towards O'Neill. His massive hand moved in a sweeping motion.

O'Neill ducked quickly, but not fast enough. He was caught by the backhand. Stunned, he stumbled forward. The Goa'uld rushed by him and grabbed Carter by the throat.

Carter kicked out with all the force she had. Ptah-sek-ani had moved by a falling O'Neill and slammed her against a wall, his fingers digging into her neck, squeezing tightly.

"So, I will take your pet O'Neill and I will crush the life from her as you watch. It will be a most pleasurable experience for me." The Goa'uld hissed as he pressed his body against her. He roughly ran his other hand down the front of her body, tearing at her jacket, forcefully ripping it off of her.

Sam kicked and flailed about. She wrapped her hands around the hand that had a firm grip of her neck. She could feel the darkness begin to move in to claim her as he squeezed the air from her.

Ptah-sek-ani grabbed her right hand away from his hand and slammed it forcefully against the wall. There was an audible snap as her ulna bone broke.

He smiled and squeezed harder. The female was beginning to fail. He had to draw out her pain, it was ending far to quick for his pleasure. He heard a rustle and a click from behind.

Pow! Pow!

He felt something slam into his back twice. He dropped the female and spun around enraged.

How dare these impudent creatures!

Sam fell to the floor unconscious.

Jack stood in front of the alien with the 9mm at bay. He did not want to risk firing and hitting Sam with one of the rounds. But now, she was at least out of the way and he could release the entire clip into this thing.

"You believe your primitive weapons could stop me?" Ptah-sek-ani roared. "I am a God!"

"No more." Jack hefted the weapon and went to pull the trigger. He felt a sudden wave of nausea sweep over him, his chest tightened with pain.

"W..what?" He breathed. He shook his head. "No, I have him." He said outloud.

"No Jack, you do not. He is not for you and you know it. Leave him to me." Diama walked up behind the trembling man and gently touched his face.

"Don't do this." He begged still watching the Goa'uld.

The Goa'uld smiled.

Ptah-sek-ani leaped forward, his sheer mass slamming into both O'Neill and Diama.

Diama rolled away and fell to the floor. She caught a glancing blow.

O'Neill received the brunt of the force. Both human and Goa'uld went crashing to the floor. O'Neill felt his head bounce once. The 9mm sailed overhead and landed a few feet from his grasp.

The Goa'uld landed on top of O'Neill. He pulled an ornate knife from his side. He knew that when the human landed that several of his fragile ribs cracked. He heard them crack. It made him smile. Now it is time to end this nonsense. He felt the human's elbow connect with the side of his massive head. The Tauri was struggling tremendously from under his bulk. Good! A fight then! A fight it will be. He grabbed the human by the remnants of his BDU jacket and with one tremendous jerk, pulled the hapless man up. As he pulled O'Neill up he came to a squat position. He then stood up and with the continuation of movement flung O'Neill away from him, towards the open door. O'Neill bounced on his side twice. His ribs were burning and his knee felt funny. He rolled over and struggled to get up. The Goa'uld took two strides and kicked O'Neill in the stomach.

O'Neill felt every ounce of air expel from his lungs. He saw stars and black dots closing in on him. For a moment, he didn't know if he was standing, on the floor lying or curled up in a ball somewhere in the room.

It was door number three.

Curled up in a ball somewhere in the room.

Ptah-sek-ani snorted a laugh and pulled the knife high overhead. He was going to break this creature's back and stop its annoying ways once and for all.

O'Neill tried to fight it, but the blackness took over him and he lost consciousness.

"No." A voice said breaking through the bedlam.

Ptah-sek-ani spun around, knife still in hand.

"Ah, the Araraan bitch. Shall I cull your lover? Is it Tor or Natar or this one here? Or shall I finish off this weakling of a human and put him out of his misery? So many choices, so little time to make them." He lowered the knife, figuring the human might be dead already. He did kick him rather hard.

He decided to approach the woman. She might be able to provide him with some entertainment.

"You dare to challenge me? You believe that you can defeat me?" He taunted, his hand waving at the two unconscious SG-1 people. "Look at the humans. They could not defeat me. I have bested them all, and now it is your turn."

Diama reached down into her gown and pulled out a round blue disk. She placed it on her forehead.

Ptah-sek-ani raised the knife and flicked it towards Diama.

Diama closed her eyes and held her hand up and with one quick movement she caught the knife and hurled it back at the Goa'uld.

Ptah-sek-ani dropped his right shoulder and the knife sliced through the air, missing his shoulder by centimeters. He stared at her in astonishment.

Diama opened her glittering eyes and smiled.

"Da mayt Goa'uld, krotar nehayark kree!" She said slowly nodding her head.

Ptah-sek-ani frowned and pointed to her. "Araraan mayt tai!" He shook his finger at her in anger. She might threaten his death, but he will assure hers!

Diama held out her hands, then lifted her head in triumph. "No more shall you terrorize those whose innocence you have ruined and the lives you have destroyed. I am the hammer. I am the redeemer. We shall have our revenge upon you." Diama hands touched her chest then slowly she touched the blue disk and whispered, "La'e'ka!"

Chapter Twenty Nine

Teal'c was pressed up against a wall with his staff weapon up. Jacob was scurrying down the hallway with the Zat gun raised and ready. He spotted the big Jaffa and nodded.

Once they found their way around the ship, they had begun a systematic search of all the rooms looking for their friends. Jacob had lowered the cumbersome Jaffa helmet but was still wearing the mail. It was hot and uncomfortable, unlike the light and moveable Tok'ra uniform. He came along side of Teal'c and sighed.

"Nothing Teal'c. I have found no sign of them yet. How about you?"

"I have seen nothing. But there is something very strange going on here." Teal'c motioned with his hand.

"Yeah, like no guards at the transport room." Jacob raised his brows and glanced back behind him.

"Yes, and no patrols. They have prisoners aboard and have no patrols surveying the hallways. We have had no encounters what so ever. I find this most disturbing and unlike that what goes on a ship of this size. Something is wrong. They should have monitored our coming aboard and furthermore, investigated it." Teal'c also glanced back, then stepped into the empty corridor. This whole thing was making him nervous.

"Well it makes absolutely no sense. What is going on with these Jaffa?"

"Some have rebelled against Ptah-sek-ani. Others are fighting among themselves." A voice said from behind the two men.

The voice startled both men and they whirled about weapons up.

It was Natar.

His clothing was ripped and torn, his left arm hung limply by his side, bleeding profusely from the shoulder. He sported several cuts and gashes throughout his body, especially a real nasty one across his left cheek.

Teal'c and Jacob traded a cautious glance.

"I will show you where the others are being held, but you must take me with you." Natar pleaded.

"Why?" Teal'c demanded, still annoyed that this creature was able to sneak up behind him.

"Because I cannot stay here. The Jaffa will certainly kill me." Natar bared his teeth in response.

"And that is a bad idea?" Jacob said taunting.

"What if we refuse to take you?" Teal'c grimaced at the thought of taking this creature anywhere with them.

"Then you will never locate your companions. They will die under the hand of Ptah-sek-ani." Natar sifted his weight in pain.

"How do we know they are still alive?" Teal'c pressed, only because he knew Jacob could not ask that question.

"Because of Diama, they are still alive. She and O'Neill. They will bring about the destruction of Ptah-sek-ani's kingdom. It has been written, now it has come to fruition. I have seen the writings! They are truth." The Goa'uld's voice rose in fear. His blue eyes flashed brightly.

"Teal'c, I believe he is telling the truth. Diama came here to destroy the abomination." Jacob continued to stare at Natar.

"Yes, I must agree. Very well." Teal'c returned his attention to the bedraggled Goa'uld. "Take us to our friends. You may continue on with us, but allow me to warn you. If any of those people have suffered mortal wounds, I will kill you in like. Is that understood?" Teal'c said, calmly pointing his staff weapon at Natar.

Natar looked at the tip end of the weapon, then to the Jaffa. "I understand, but we must hurry." He pointed with his other hand beyond the two men. "That way."

"Wait, before we go anywhere with you, how did you know we were here?" Jacob held his hand up to stop the Goa'uld from moving.

"I saw two Jaffa come through the ring transport. There was no Jaffa due to arrive from the surface. You are industrious. When you did not report to Talmek and you began a room to room search, well..." Natar finished the sentence with an attempted shrug.

"I see." Jacob said nodding. Yeah, they probably were not displaying normal behavior for Jaffa.

"Let us go." Teal'c motioned for the battered Goa'uld to take point. "You betray us..." He said leaving the unspoken truth hanging in the air.

"Do not concern yourself. I want out of here. You are my way out." Natar said carefully easing by the large Jaffa.

Jacob took six. He was concerned for his daughter's welfare as well as the rest of SG-1. He was more concerned about what Natar meant by O'Neill bringing about Ptah-sek-ani's destruction. He thought that once Diama had been returned to her own body, the link between her and O'Neill was severed. Or was there more to this? Why Jack of all people? He could be very hardheaded once he got something in his head to do. No. Not that either. All of SG-1 could fall into those categories. Jacob continued to think as he followed a now jogging Natar. Urgent! Something was very urgent and it was scaring the bejesus out of the Goa'uld. He picked up his pace. He felt a sudden tightening of his heart. Jack. What is the connection? Is it his strength? Or his dedication to his people? His strength? No, it is his willingness to give of himself where his people were concerned. Those he cared for. Jacob blinked. She must have sensed that within Jack. Would she count on him to willingly sacrifice himself for her cause? No! No! Jacob frowned. I am missing something!

Natar turned to the right and quickly ducked into a room. Teal'c and Jacob followed.

There were Jaffa, standing with their backs turned away from them.

"They did not see us." Teal'c whispered. He was facing Natar, who had his back against the opposite wall.

"They are blocking the hallway, is there another way around them?" Jacob murmured softly. He was standing opposite of Teal'c. He leaned out slightly, the Jaffa were still there and still unaware of the intruders.

"No, that is the only path to your daughter and the healer." Natar nodded towards the Jaffa.

"What of Colonel O'Neill and Daniel Jackson?" Teal'c asked worriedly.

"Ah, Ptah-sek-ani separated them. I believe they took Daniel Jackson to Ptah-sek-ani's chambers. Of O'Neill, I do not know, last I heard...from the Jaffa.." Natar looked at Teal'c with overt fear.

"What?" Jacob reached out and punched Natar in the chest with his Zat.

"They had taken him to a sarcophagus." Natar blurted out.

"What?" Jacob hissed angrily.

"It is what I was told." Natar's blue eyes flicked to the furious Tok'ra.

"Was O'Neill mortally wounded to require the service of a sarcophagus?" Teal'c asked quietly.

"He never knows when to shut up!" Natar spat back.

"Is he alive?" Teal'c pressed.

"Yes, yes, but I do not know of his whereabouts."

"And the Araraan woman, Diama?" Jacob asked watching the Goa'uld carefully.

"I had her released. I do not know exactly where the Jaffa told her to go, but I believe she is safe. I think she had gone to destroy Ptah-sek-ani."

"Then she is not safe." Teal'c commented. He leaned out the side of the door and saw the Jaffa scatter. He cocked his head in surprise. They left in a hurry. He pulled his head back in.

"Curious." He whispered.

"What is it?" Jacob raised his brows.

Before he could answer, the halls were filled with a sharp whooping alarm, causing Natar to cringe in terror.

"Okay, that alarm doesn't sound good. What is going on? Is the ship under attack?" Jacob said pointing his Zat at Natar again.

"I don't know! I don't know!" Natar cried out drawing himself up against the wall. He looked from Jacob to Teal'c with terrorized eyes. If he was upset about the Zat being pointed at his chest, it was the least of his worries.

"What is the matter with you Goa'uld?" Teal'c demanded impatiently.

"They will bring this ship down. They will destroy all Goa'uld in response to the treatment they have endured. It is a revolt!" The once smug Goa'uld was now reduced to a frightened quaking creature.

"The Jaffa are responsible for this?" Jacob asked astonished.

"Yes, yes, yes!" Natar hissed.

"If they destroy all Goa'uld, then they would have to be willing to destroy the symbiote within themselves. Are they willing to do that?" Teal'c said through the screaming alarms.

"They are insane, they would sacrifice themselves in order to destroy the Goa'uld. Ask O'Neill! He knows!" Natar pointed out into the empty hallway.

Teal'c reached over and roughly shoved Natar into the hallway.

The Goa'uld stumbled and almost fell. He righted himself and spun around to glare at Teal'c, his blue eyes flashing in anger.

"Take us to our people now." Teal'c growled.

"Of course, but remember, I go with you when you leave." Natar wagged his finger at Teal'c.

"Agreed."

Natar turned away and led both men deeper into the ship.

Chapter Thirty

Major Michael Taylor was chomping at the bit. He and his men had made it to the Stargate with very little resistance. In fact, just a sighting of a few Jaffa, who, for some insane reason left the gate suddenly. There were no glider patrols, no squads of stomping Jaffa, no nothing. It made Smythe and Craft very nervous. They felt better when there was some adversity. This strangeness with the Jaffa was unsettling. They waited for a good six hours before heading towards the gate, in the event of an ambush. There was absolutely nothing. Craft punched in the co-ordinates and the Stargate burst to life. Smythe sent the GDO signal. And with one final nervous look about they went through the gate, dragging the traitor with them.

Once they got through the gate, Hammond came storming into the gate room. He waited patiently, watching for the others. He then looked sharply to Taylor.

"Well, Major? Where is the rest of the team? Where is SG-1, Jacob, Dr. Frasier, Diama, ah, the others?" Hammond's sharp blue eyes caught and held Taylor's attention.

He cleared his throat. "Sir, Colonel O'Neill ordered us back. He said, if they haven't returned within twenty- four hours to send backup. I tell you sir, there is some really weird stuff going on down there."

"Meaning?" Hammond asked harshly.

Taylor stood up a little straighter. "Colonel O'Neill told me that he had a good idea what Diama was planning." Taylor licked his dry lips. God, he knew he shouldn't have left them there!

"Major Taylor, debriefing at 09:30." Hammond went to turn to leave the room when he felt someone's hand touch his arm.

It was Major Taylor.

"Uh sir, we have another problem." Taylor handed him Whemby's rucksack.

"Yes, Major?" Hammond peered at him curiously. He took the sack. This was unusual behavior for Major Taylor, so he waited for an explanation before looking inside the bag.

Taylor turned to Smythe. Who none too gently shoved Whemby forward.

The S.F. in the room startled slightly. Gun's came up.

"This, uh, for lack of cleaner terminology sir, piece of rat shit,.. is not what he appears to be. " Taylor jerked a thumb at Whemby.

Who wisely remained silent.

"What is it?" Hammond demanded.

"Whemby is a spy. In that sack, is the Araraan technology from the base. He stole it and intended to use it moonside. It seems this..low down, no good for nothing, royal piece of rat..."

"Major Taylor, the point!" Hammond boomed out.

"He works for the NID. Told us he went over your head and took the weapons. He was ordered by the NID to test the prototypes. Good thing for us Teal'c discovered his duplicity." Taylor's hand flicked back and forth as he spoke.

"Damn." Hammond whispered harshly. "Guards, take this man to the brig. I'll deal with him later. Major Taylor, 09:30 sharp." Hammond stalked out of the room, holding the bag to his chest, angrier than he had been in a long time.

Taylor watched with detached interest as the SF whisked a protesting Whemby from the gate room. Taylor relaxed his face with the idle thought that maybe, just maybe, Whemby will trip and bust his ass along the way to the holding cell. Taylor smiled slightly. He turned to look at his men, who were also smiling slightly.

"No fair reading my mind fella's." He admonished gently.

"Sorry sir, however, you were telegraphing your thoughts." Craft said shrugging out of his rucksack.

"Yessir, I might be blond, but even I picked up on that one." Smythe agreed with a toothy grin.

"Sir, are we going back to the moon to help Colonel O'Neill and the other's?" Craft asked heading for the door.

"I don't see why not. But he did say 24 hours. So we now have 16 hours before we know whether or not they are coming through that gate." Taylor had flicked his eyes back to his watch. He hated waiting. He followed his men out of the Gateroom.

"I certainly hope we did not leave them in a bind sir." Smythe said suddenly.

Damn! He knows exactly what I am thinking. I hate it when they do that! Taylor thought savagely.

"We were following Colonel O'Neill's orders and we will do exactly what he commanded us to do." Taylor answered sharper than he intended.

"Yes sir, I do understand." Smythe looked at his commanding officer curiously.

"I know you do." Taylor softened his voice and gently smiled at his two men.

He hoped they were doing the right thing.

Chapter Thirty-One

Janet was leading a protesting Daniel Jackson down a seemingly endless corridor. Sam, then Colonel O'Neill ordered her out of the room. He yelled at her to get Daniel off the ship. She had seen three or four Jaffa scurrying down other hallways that crossed hers. They paid her no attention. They didn't notice her. At one point she thought about stopping one and asking for directions.

Daniel volunteered to ask. He was already frustrated about leaving Sam, Jack and Diama behind. He felt like they were abandoning their friends. Janet firmly reminded him that it was an order, and she has to follow orders. Someone had to get off this ship and report what was happening.

After about fifteen minutes of aimlessly wandering about Daniel stopped suddenly and grabbed Janet's arm.

She stopped and glared at him.

"What is it Daniel?" She snapped. Her nerves were already on edge with all the strange behaving Jaffa and having to leave her friends behind.

"Look." He said. The archeologist was pointing at some raised hieroglyphics on the wall. They ran downward. He was reading them, softly translating to himself. "Whoa, they have a Stargate on this ship."

"What? Really? Where?" She asked astonished.

"Uh..look, we are really close. It is...uh...down the hallway and to the..ah left..no,no, right. At this point, I don't think the gate will be guarded." Daniel turned to look at the petite doctor.

"Because they are fighting among themselves?" Janet asked glancing about nervously.

Another group of Jaffa ran across from them. Shouting and yelling to some unknown source ahead of them.

Still oblivious to the humans.

Janet shook her head in amazement.

"They must be overturning Ptah-sek-ani's regime. They really don't care what we do as long as we don't interfere with them." Janet said slowly.

"Well, we are rather insignificant compared to the whole scheme of events. And personally, I would much rather them be concerned about fighting among themselves than shooting at us." Daniel said waving his hand at another group of fleeing Jaffa.

"Who's flying the ship? What if they are planning to blow this thing up? With us on it!" Janet asked her brown eyes widening.

"Uh Janet?" Daniel pointed at two Jaffa standing before them, and a very tattered and bloody Natar.

"Hello?" Janet turned her attention away from the archaeologist. There was something very familiar about one of the Jaffa. Or perhaps they all look alike with those stupid helmets on.

"Dr. Frasier, Daniel Jackson, it is a pleasure to see you again." A booming voice said from within the helmet.

"Teal'c?" Daniel ventured.

The Jaffa brought his hood down to reveal his placid face. He turned to the other man, who had also revealed himself to them.

"Jacob?" Daniel asked amused.

"In the flesh, or rather, doodied up like a Jaffa. Sorry to give you guys a scare." Jacob smiled.

"Well, actually, you didn't scare us, the Jaffa here have all but ignored us. We were just about to introduce ourselves to them, just so we could get some attention." Daniel answered with a shrug.

"We've notice their behavior. Where were you going?"

"To the Stargate." Janet said pointing down the hall.

"What Stargate?" Natar blurted out.

Janet made a face at the Goa'uld.

"Is there truly a Stargate on this ship?" Teal'c asked, his dark brown eyes lighting up. That would certainly make things so much easier.

Daniel turned slightly and pointed to an inscription on the wall. Jacob and Teal'c leaned forward to read the Goa'uld symbols.

"Well look at that. There is one according to this." Jacob said looking to Teal'c, gesturing to the wall.

"Indeed." Teal'c frowned. The Goa'uld standing next to him began to fidget nervously. Teal'c glared at him. " Stop that or I will hurt you."

"We must get off this ship. We must get off this ship now!" Natar pleaded "Something very bad is going to happen. I feel it."

"What do you feel?" Teal'c asked despite not wanting to ask the question.

Natar looked at Janet. "That woman, that Araraan female plans to destroy this ship and everyone on it."

"You mean your former mate?" Daniel asked carefully.

"This body once belonged to her." Natar said pointing to himself. "But now, it is mine to do with as I please. Whatever bonds there was between us are now and forever severed."

Daniel grimaced slightly. A painful moment, a remembrance still so close to the surface that it caused sorrow. He squashed the memory away. Not now! He thought viciously.

"It is a shame." Jacob said thoughtfully. He was looking at Natar with renewed interest.

"What?" Natar slip his bright blue eyes towards the Tok'ra.

"That we could not rip the snake out without causing undue stress to the host." Jacob smiled nastily.

"You, yourself have a snake within your head." Natar pointed out, he flicked a nervous glance about.

"True, but we know each other well and Selmak agrees with me."

Daniel shifted uncomfortably. He was hurting again. This time, no specific spot, just all over. He wrapped his arms around his chest and shuddered. "Okay guys, how about we go back and get the other's. I believe they might be in trouble."

Teal'c nodded in agreement. "Lead on Daniel Jackson."

"Where are we going?" Natar spun around to face the Jaffa,

"You do not have to go. You can stay here for all I care." Teal'c said disdainfully.

"No, we cannot go get them, besides, they are probably dead by now." Natar shot a panicky look towards Daniel.

"We are going back to get them. Then, we'll blow up this ship and gate the hell out of here." Jacob broke in forcefully.

Daniel made a rude sound, then turned away from the creature. He and Janet began to jog down the hallway. They now had some protection. Daniel felt somewhat better by having Teal'c and Jacob by his side. Especially since they had staff weapons! He inhaled and felt a sharp pain radiate across his chest. He figured he had to have a few cracked ribs. He felt Teal'c close to his side, a whining Natar directly behind him and Jacob next to Janet.

Natar was a pitiful excuse for a Goa'uld. But Ptah-sek-ani was an abomination. Daniel felt a chill come over him thinking about what that thing tried to do to him.

God, it was so close!

Had it not been for Jack and Sam, no telling what would have happened. Daniel blinked hard. Ptah-sek-ani would have raped him and then killed him.

God..it could have been terrible. Daniel mentally shook off the thought. No use on dwelling on what could have happened. It did not happen. He began to worry about his friends. Janet told him that they had no choice, they had to follow Jack's order. But, what had Ptah-sek-ani done to them? Daniel increased his pace, his chest reminding him of the fractured ribs. None of that mattered if his friends were dead. He had to do something. He glanced at Janet, who was keeping pace with him. The exact same look of determination and contained fear was on her features. She caught his eye and nodded briefly. They made a sharp turn and headed towards the room where their friends were now being held.

Teal'c came to a sudden stop and raised quickly raised his hand. He cocked his ear.

"Listen." He said softly.

Then, they all heard an unearthly and terrifying scream coming from the depths of the ship.

"Oh my God, what was that?" Janet asked in a hushed voice. She looked at Daniel with fear in her brown eyes.

"Ptah-sek-ani." Natar answered with the slightest hint of a smile. A bitter smile.

"What? That sounded like some kind of wounded animal." Daniel whispered.

"So he is." Teal'c said staring at the Goa'uld. How, on the Holy fields of Kardush, did Natar know that was Ptah-sek-ani?

"What....would make him scream like that?" Janet turned her attention to Jacob.

"I would venture to guess Diama." He answered shaken.

The scream erupted again. Definitely not human.

Daniel could feel the shriek all the way to his bones. He had never heard anything quite like that. He hoped that he never would again.

"We must hurry." Teal'c moved around the two humans and took off down the hallway. Jacob grabbed Natar by the scruff of his once elegant gown and shoved him forward.

The Goa'uld stumbled then spun around to glare at the Tok'ra.

"Don't even think about saying it, just get moving." Jacob warned. He gestured for Daniel and Janet to follow.

They glanced at each other and quickly fell in step, heading towards the horrific screams.

Scared to death.

But willed themselves forward because of those they care for. And were determined to rescue.

Chapter Thirty-Two.

Ptah-sek-ani fell heavily to his knees. His large meaty hands were wrapped around his head. He howled. His coarse face was distorted with pain.

Diama stood a few feet from him. Her fingers delicately touching the Neel'pa, dancing lightly over the controls. The Araraan woman's face was a study of pure concentration. An occasional flicker of pain would spread across her features, and she would gasp and grimace. She swayed slightly when the pain would become to strong, but remained standing.

O'Neill had regained consciousness and had crawled to his second-in-command. He took one look at her arm and knew it was broken. No compound fracture, but certainly derangement of the bone. He looked into her blue eyes and saw her trying to control the pain. He sat next to her. She was pressed up against the far wall, dazed. She looked at him. O'Neill had taken her other hand and was patting it softly.

Sam blinked. She knew it was her commanding officer sitting next to her, saying soothing words to calm her. He means well, but Holy Hannah, he looks rough.

"You're no bed of roses either Major." He said gently. He eased out of the remnants of his BDU jacket and tried to fashion a sling of some sorts.

"Did I speak outloud?" She asked confused. Her blue eyes wide.

O'Neill frowned for a moment and stopped what he was doing.

"Uh, no, you didn't speak outloud. You thought outloud and I heard you." He said tapping his head.

"Oh, I forgot about that." She exhaled painfully.

O'Neill turned and peered around the overturned table. What he then saw totally astonished him.

Diama and Ptah-sek-ani were facing each other. Diama was placing a blue disk on her forehead.

"God, no." O'Neill whispered. His brown eyes widened as he realized what she was planning to do.

"What is it sir?" Sam asked watching her CO react to something. She glanced towards the Araraan woman. What was she doing?

"It's the Neel'pa. She is going to use the Neel'pa on him." O'Neill whispered harshly.

"Sir, isn't that like a mind control device?" Sam moved away from the wall to get a better look.

"You might say that." He mumbled and stood up suddenly. "Stay here." He waved a hand to her indicating he wanted her to stay down.

"What the hell are you planning to do?" She hissed. She looked back to the stand off between Diama and the Goa'uld.

"I don't have a clue. But I know one thing, this won't end pleasantly." He turned from her and walked slowly towards the pair. Then without warning, Ptah-sek-ani shrieked and fell to his knees. He grabbed his head and continued to scream.

O'Neill jumped back surprised. "What?" He whispered and looked back at Sam.

She raised her brows in question. She motioned with her good arm for him to come back to her. She knew that there was nothing he could do for Diama. Or the Goa'uld.

The Goa'uld lifted his head and bared his teeth at the Araraan woman, his hands still tightly clamped around his head.

"You dare to attack me!" He gasped. His eyes flared in anger as he tried to rise to his feet. He fell forward and screamed in rage and pain.

Diama smiled serenely. She tilted her head slightly and looked towards the standing human.

"Now Jack, now is the time." She said gently.

"For what? What are you talking about?" Jack stepped forward, half in curiosity, half because of the strange drive to be near her. He glanced at the writhing creature on the floor. The Goa'uld was now on his back, flopping back and forth in agony.

O'Neill crossed the room until he was standing next to the Araraan woman. He looked down at her, dazed.

"Sir? Sir? I think you need to move away from her. Come back over here to me." Sam cajoled. There was something wrong. Colonel O'Neill appeared to be unaware of things around him. She cleared her throat and worked her way to a standing position. "Colonel? Please?" She was holding her fractured arm against her chest.

"Stop it! Stop it you Araraan bitch!" Ptah-sek-ani screamed.

"Come to me Jack. This is what we have waited for. Come to me." Diama released the device and reached one hand to O'Neill. She smiled gently, her green eyes glittering like a sparkling gem.

O'Neill stared at her outstretched hand, then to the shrieking Goa'uld, then to the now standing Major Carter. He turned his attention back to Diama and reached for her hand.

"No! NO!" Sam screamed. "Don't touch her sir! Goddammit, don't touch her!" Sam jerked forward to stop the contact.

Colonel O'Neill touched the alien woman's fingertips. He vaguely heard Carter screaming. She was screaming something. He tried to concentrate on Carter, on her voice, her injury, on Daniel, Janet, Teal'c...what was happening?

Diama's fingertips burned like fire.

"Oh God." O'Neill gasped. The pain soared up his arm to his shoulders, down his truck, hips and shot straight to his legs. He jerked with the sudden onslaught of pain. "Oh God!" He cried out.

Sam felt a force slam into her chest, sending her hurdling to the floor with tremendous power. She bounced once on her backside and skidded to the wall where her head met the wall with a sickening smacking noise.

That was the last thing she remembered for a while.

O'Neill jerked again. He could feel the sensation of an electric force zinging throughout his body, seeping into every membrane, cell and neuron. The pain was so intense he could not even cry out or scream. He could not breathe or blink. His brain was on fire.

"P..pplleease.....ll..eett...mmme..gggoo" He stuttered. He tried to pull away. Sam was hurt...samwashurt.....helpsam..helpsam...His brain cried out over and over again.

Diama grimaced in pain also. She grasped O'Neill's hand so tightly that her nails dug into his palms causing tiny crescent shaped wounds to appear. She jerked in unison with O'Neill.

"O'Neill!" She screamed. They both stood shock still. Rivets of electricity coursed through and around their bodies. Somehow, Diama had both of O'Neill's hands in hers, their arms locked out in front of their bodies, eyes closed and faces contorted in pain.

Ptah-sek-ani, though sheer willpower, stood up, he ripped his hands away from his head, his dark eyes wild with pain. He slowly turned to see the human and the Araraan locked together in some sort of force shield. He gritted his teeth. The pair appeared to be suffering.

Good!

He looked back to where his knife had lodged itself in the wall. He stumbled to the weapon and jerked it free.

An electric bolt of pain lanced through his head. He sucked in air, hissing loudly. He rolled his back to the wall, finding it more and more difficult to focus, much less stand erect.

"You...cannot..defeat..a God!" He screamed.

Diama suddenly released O'Neill's hands. Her brilliant green eyes were opened wide and glittering. She soundlessly spoke to O'Neill, her lips moving, repeating a phrase over and over.

"Together, we are a stronger force and nothing will ever defeat us!"

O'Neill's eyes flew open, there was stark fear in them. He opened his mouth and whispered harshly. "Together, we are the strongest force. We will let nothing defeat us!"

Diama reached out and gently stroked O'Neill's face. Her fingertips tracing a line down his jaw. She smiled ruefully. " No sweeter revenge is that that waits. And I have waited. Now complete me with your strength and perseverance."

O'Neill shuddered. He felt like the air was being forced from his lungs. The room was beginning to spin and tilt. He swallowed convulsively. He felt suddenly nauseated. He squashed the sickness and inhaled sharply.

"Use me as you will." He said quietly.

The Goa'uld behind them was shrieking in anger.

O'Neill flicked a fuzzy eye towards the creature. Ptah-sek-ani was struggling to push himself away from the wall. The Goa'uld was screaming...something.

O'Neill frowned in concentration. He couldn't make out what the thing was saying. Whatever it was...the Goa'uld was certainly pissed off.

Diama turned towards the furious Goa'uld, her right hand re-establishing contact with the Neel'pa. She held out her other hand and reached out towards the creature. There was the slightest vibration to the air. Diama smiled, baring her teeth.

"You so wanted the Araraans to create weapons of pain and destruction, and so we have. Hie! The wait is finally over. It has been long enough since the destruction of my people, and we have suffered much. So, it is fitting that you experience what you would have used on others. Is that fair enough Goa'uld?" Diama sneered. Her pretty features were twisted in rage.

O'Neill's brown eyes grew huge. He could feel the air oscillating around him. His skin was tingling and burning. He bit his lip suddenly. Hard. He could taste the slight coppery blood. Yeah, he was still with it. He looked at Diama. Her hand pressed hard towards the Goa'uld. The air around her was shimmering with flashes of bright blue light emitting from her body. Jack took two steps to her.

"What the hell..." Jack whispered harshly. He could feel the force moving in and out around him. He rationalized that, because it did not hurt, it could not be that harmful to his body.

He sure hoped he was right.

Jack? Diama's voice whispered in his head.

"Uh..yeah?" He said outloud.

Hold out your hands. She said gently.

Jack glanced at his hands, then to her. He lifted up his hands towards her.

Come to me. Her voice caressed him.

Sam was coming to. She slowly raised her pounding head. As she pushed to her knees, she tried to blink away the fuzziness in her brain. She looked up and across the room trying to make out what she thought she was seeing. The pain in her arm struck her suddenly. She rolled over to her back and cradled her arm to her chest. She grimaced and brought her knees to her chest.

"Okay Sam, okay Sam..you can control this." She whispered harshly. She began to breathe deeply. As she calmed herself, she became aware of the strangeness to the room. It felt like it was alive. She rolled back to her knees to look for her commanding officer.

She found him.

"Sir?" She said tentatively. She saw him standing a few feet away from her. He was touching hands with the Araraan female. A soft bluish light surrounded the two. She could see O'Neill shudder slightly. Carter shook her head. It rewarded her with a hard non-stop pounding. She could not take her eyes off the two people. Diama appeared to be speaking to him. Carter saw Diama drop one of her hands and touch the Neel'pa.

"What in the world?" Sam whispered to herself.

Diama turned her head towards the now approaching Ptah-sek-ani. He had broken away from the wall and was stumbling to her. In his hand he held an ornate dagger. He was grunting and screaming in fury.

"I will destroy you both." He screamed.

The blue glow around O'Neill and Diama began to grow in intensity and territory. It pulsated and caused the air to shudder with a strange uncomfortable force.

O'Neill swayed and shut his eyes in pain.

"Almost there my love." She whispered.

The light suddenly exploded outward, filling the room with energy.

Ptah-sek-ani felt the force of the light slam into him. It went through him, causing him to shake violently. He shrieked in rage and with all his might, he hurled the weapon at Diama.

It vanished into the blue glow.

Sam tried to stand. Her heart pounding with fear.

She could no longer see Colonel O'Neill or the Araraan woman. The room was humming with power. She could feel it penetrating every pore in her body. She hoped that it was not some type of radiation. Sam managed to get to her feet. She glanced to the Goa'uld.

The blue light was slowly enveloping the creature. He spun around, batting away at an unseen enemy. He turned and slammed into the wall, screaming in raw agony.

Sam's blue eyes widened in horror.

What was he doing? She thought.

Then, a sound filled the room. A soft low rumbling noise.

The blue light vanished.

O'Neill fell to the floor heavily.

Sam whipped around to see him hit the floor, unconscious.

Diama stepped forward and walked purposely towards the Goa'uld.

Sam jerked forwards to her commanding officer. She cried out his name.

"Jack!"

Jacob and Teal'c burst into the room the same moment O'Neill hit the floor.

Janet and Daniel quickly moved to their friends.

Jacob scanned the room for his daughter.

She was struggling to get to her commander. Jacob cut her off and wrapped his arms around her.

She cried out in pain.

Jacob looked down to her cradled arm. Obviously fractured.

"Good grief Sam, what happened here?"

"Dad, Colonel O'Neill is..." She looked over his shoulder to O'Neill. Teal'c and Daniel were pulling him out of the room. Janet jerked around to peer at Sam and then to the Araraan woman.

"What the hell?"

Teal'c ran back into the room.

"We need to leave this place." He said urgently. "Now!"

Jacob pulled his daughter towards the door and turned around to look at Diama.

"What about her?" He shouted. The sound was increasing in pitch.

"I'll get her." Daniel had come back into the room. He almost ran into Teal'c in the process.

"Negative, you will not. There is nothing we can do for her. We need to get O'Neill and Major Carter to safety." Teal'c pointed to the door.

Janet raised her hands up to cover her ears.

"The Neel'pa is building up in power. We must vacate this place." Teal'c glanced towards the Araraan woman. She was making steady progress towards the shrieking Goa'uld. The sight he saw was astonishing.

The Goa'uld was on the floor, curled up in a fetal position. His large hands over his head. He was bellowing and begging at the same time.

Diama now stood over him. There was a soft blue light that washed over her petite form. She turned slightly and looked at Daniel.

Daniel, get your people away from here. Those who have a symbiote within will die if they do not leave this ship.

Daniel frowned.

Her mouth was not moving. She used some type of telemetry to communicate with him. She sounded like she was standing right next to him.

"Uh.. Jacob, Teal'c? The Jaffa that helped us, how do we warn them?" He cried out. He was still staring at the Araraan female.

"They know." She said gently.

"I know where the rings are." Natar had entered the room. He looked at his former mate. He had been terrified earlier to come into the room. Now, he was resigned to stay.

"So do we." Jacob answered ushering Sam from the room.

"What is going to happen to them?" Daniel asked moving forward. He knew at this point, she was not coming with them, nor had any intentions of leaving. Her entire point of existence had finally come to fruition. That was her destiny.

"We will die." She sighed. Her green eyes brimming with tears.

Ptah-sek-ani began to stir and curse her.

Diama glanced to the beast. "He will pay for all the suffering he had been responsible for. I will see to it." She returned her attention to Teal'c and Daniel.

"Tell Jack..thank you. I could not have done any of this without his strength and bravery. We are indebted to him. To all of you."

Daniel pointed to the door, an expression of panic on his features. "Is he going to be alright? He is totally non-responsive."

Diama frowned. "Yes. In time." She turned to Natar.

"I am staying." He told her.

"You will die as well." She said slowly shaking her head.

Natar smiled sadly. He touched his chest. "We will die together as we should have long ago."

Teal'c grabbed Daniel's arm and began to steer him out the door. " We must go Daniel Jackson."

"That's Tor! That's not Natar anymore!" Daniel burst out.

Tor reached out and touched his wife's hand. The glow rolled over him. He grimaced in pain.

Daniel couldn't tear his eyes away from the couple.

Ptah-sek-ani stood up. He towered over the two. He took one step towards them.

"Look out!" Daniel cried out pointing at the creature.

Diama smiled sadly. "Good-bye Daniel." The glow began to fill the room.

Teal'c jerked the archeologist's arm and pulled him forcefully from the room.

Daniel and Teal'c stumbled into the hallway.

The sound grew louder and higher in pitch. The wall of the hallways began to tremble and vibrate.

Jacob and Janet were bent over the supine form of O'Neill.

"We've got to get him out of here. He is not responding. His pulse rate is barely detectable, he feels very cold to the touch. He is going into shock." Janet mumbled distracted.

Teal'c reached down and pulled O'Neill up and over his broad shoulder. The Colonel flopped over bonelessly. He appeared to be barely breathing.

"Let us go. Jacob, you and I are in grave danger if we do not get off this ship quickly."

"Our symbiote." Jacob said looking at his daughter.

"This way." Teal'c nodded with his head towards the flickering lights.

"Wait, wait, what is going to happen to Diama?" Daniel spun around to look back at the shaking room.

"She will finally achieve her peace." Jacob answered helping his shell-shocked daughter down the hallway.

"You mean her revenge." Daniel replied following, but still stealing a look at the receding room.

"It's not like he didn't deserve it." Janet piped in touching O'Neill's face. Colder yet. Not good. His lips were turning blue. She placed her hand to his nose to see if he was still breathing. Yes.

"We are going to the Stargate. It is down this way." Teal'c shifted the unconscious man and picked up his pace.

'Do we have a GDO?" Daniel asked suddenly worried with that thought.

"Yes Daniel, we do. It was one of the things left on the surface by the Jaffa. Real damn convenient, don't you think?" Jacob said looking at his daughter.

She was following her fathers lead. He was halfway supporting her as they ran to the Gateroom.

"Are you alright Sammy?" Jacob asked looking at her dazed expression.

She stared ahead, but nodded yes. She knew O'Neill could still sense and hear Diama. He would know what was to happen to the Araraans. She stumbled slightly, but never slowed down.

They had to make it out for him.

Chapter Thirty-Three

They stood facing each other.

The beast.

The La'e'ka

A Goa'uld no more.

The blue light now pulsated all around them. The high pitched sound soared beyond what was audible. The Neel'pa's force was causing the room to crumble around them. The floor was shaking with earthquake force.

The beast grabbed his head and screamed in pain. It felt like a thousand spikes were being driven into his head. He was literally being shredded apart by the power of the Araraan weapon. He spun about and slammed his head against the wall creating a gruesome pattern. He howled like an animal. He tore at his long black hair. He drew in a long shuddering breath and slide down the wall.

Never had he experienced pain like this. Never!

He had given pain like this. He turned his head, blood now seeping from his ears and nose. He recognized the Goa'uld Natar.

Worthless creature.

He then shifted his attention to Diama. She was staring at him. Her eyes glittering with a strange and powerful intensity. One hand was on the Neel'pa, the other hand holding Natar's hand.

Ptah-sek-ani could see the pain in her eyes. But the hate overpowered the pain. She smiled, again baring her teeth.

"Da mayt Goa'uld, krotar nehayark!"

"You condemn him! You condemn yourself! You will die most horribly." Ptah-sek-ani shook a finger at her. He had lowered himself to the floor, gracelessly splayed out. His head wobbled back and forth. He knew he was dying. She was destroying the creature within him. He had lost the energy to fight her. Words and thoughts were fading as the pain overtook his senses.

Tor doubled over, letting go of Diama's hand. He fell to the floor.

"I'm sorry....I'm sorry." He whispered over and over again. He crawled away from her.

Diama blinked away hot tears. After all this, he had come back for a fraction of time only to die at her feet. There was nothing she could do to save him, for she could not save herself.

"My heart to your heart forever." She whispered in response.

"How touching." The Goa'uld sneered. "I'm glad I wiped out your traitorous race. It will go along with all the other pleasures I have enjoyed. Including the death of the Tauri O'Neill. You know he is dying?" Ptah-sek-ani taunted.

Diama returned her attention to the creature on the floor. She shook her head. "I have made certain that he will not suffer our outcome. You have lost that battle also. You have lost all the way around. Now, do you know you are dying?" Diama stepped closer to him.

The Goa'uld grimaced, then smiled harshly.

"I cannot die, I am a God."

"Look deep within you Goa'uld. Your time is short. I can promise you this, your existence in this time and space is coming to an end. My pleasure is seeing it through."

Ptah-sek-ani eyes slid shut, then snapped open. " I sense your death as well."

"True. But I will die happy and content." Diama's nose had begun to bleed, she had a trickle coming from her left ear. The pain was intensifying. She inhaled and tried to calm herself.

"All is dying around you. All your loyal Jaffa, those who rebelled against you, they are fleeing this ship as we speak. You have failed."

Ptah-sek-ani gasped painfully. He looked at her with astonished eyes. He raised one hand to his head. The blood was now flowing from his ears and nose. He opened his mouth to speak, but no sound escaped. He began to shudder, then shake violently. He slumped forward, still shaking.

Diama stumbled towards him. She raised both hands over his head. Her back arched and her head jerked back. She shrieked in triumph, the sound in the room reached a frenzied peak. There was a sudden explosion of white light, then silence.

Then, the room began to disintegrate.

Chapter Thirty-Four

They had made it to the gate room meeting absolutely no resistance. At first, it was unsettling. Having been used to being shot at and all. Teal'c was carrying the still form of his commander. He signaled for Jacob and Daniel to take point while he and Janet took the six. Janet had her handgun out and was ready. Sam was near her father.

Janet was relieved to see the gate room. Jacob and Daniel scurried into the room, eyes alert, Zat up.

There was no one guarding the gate. No one at all. Jacob stepped back out of the room to retrieve the others as Daniel dialed in their co-ordinates to their homeworld.

He glanced about nervously. Where did they all go? He felt a sudden shudder to the ship. The Stargate vibrated, then stopped. Daniel hastily finished slapping the symbols in and pressed the device in the center to activate the gate. A calming and familiar whoosh of matter exploded from the middle and settled into a watery shield. He glanced back as the door opened again and Janet and Sam hurried in, Teal'c and Jacob close behind.

Jacob spun around and sealed the door as it slid close behind them. He turned around and smiled tightly when he saw the activated gate. He turned to take a look at O'Neill, who was still dangling from Teal'c shoulder and the smile dropped from his face.

"Holy Hannah." He said softly as he reached for the man.

The room shuddered again, this time it was stronger.

"Uh fella's, we need to get the hell out of here. Teal'c? You have our GDO? Right?" Daniel raised his brows in hope.

"Yes, I have the GDO. What is it Jacob?" Teal'c turned around to see both Carter's and Frasier surrounding his back.

"Put him down quickly. Something is wrong." Janet ordered.

"Of course." Teal'c murmured gently placing O'Neill on the floor. The man was bleeding profoundly from his ears, nose and mouth.

"Oh my God, what is happening to him?" Sam asked dropping to the floor with O'Neill.

Daniel stared at his friend, appalled by the sight. For some odd reason, there was some of the reddest blood he had ever seen seeping from O'Neill's right leg.

"What's that?" He said pointing at the blood.

The room shook violently. Knocking several of the people to the floor.

Jacob jerked his head up towards the gate. He flicked at glance to Teal'c. "Teal'c, send the signal, hurry, we'll worry about Jack when we get home and in one piece."

Teal'c was already punching in the code. He turned to Daniel. "Go through and take Major Carter with you."

Daniel reached down and pulled Sam to her feet. His ribs were protesting loudly.

She looked up at him stunned. Her blue eyes clouded and confused. "I can't leave. I am in command." She protested.

"Not anymore. You are in no shape to command anyone or anything. Get back to the SGC, we will be on your heels." Jacob said sternly. He looked at his daughter suddenly realizing how much pain she must be in. He was proud of her for her bravery and strength. He turned his attention to Daniel, who did not look any better than his Sam. Poor kid, he was barely standing on his feet, let alone trying to shake off what happened to him. It had to have been bad. He nodded to the gate.

"Make sure they know we need medical assistance, stat! I need a full crash cart." Janet shouted from behind Jack.

"We are on our way. Come on Sam, he's in good hands." Daniel grabbed Sam's upper arm and pulled her towards the event horizon.

"Okay, okay, I'm okay." Sam said disengaging her arms from his grip. Her forearm was throbbing with a vengeance. She looked at her father.

"I left him once before when he was dying. I am not leaving him again." She said in a clear voice.

"Dammit Sam, he'll be okay. Go. You have my word, we will be right behind you." Jacob read the determination in his daughter's eyes.

Janet stood up. "Go, I need you there. I'll be with him the entire way."

Sam, without another word, turned and stepped through the Stargate.

Daniel nodded and followed.

Janet watched the two Sg-1 members vanish through the gate. She dropped back down to O'Neill.

"What is his condition?" Teal'c asked looking at the door. The room shook violent again. Bits and pieces of the ceiling began to crash to the floor.

"I don't know why he would be hemorrhaging unless..." She looked up to Teal'c. Frasier had lifted O'Neill's head up and was wiping the blood off his face. She could not stop the bleeding.

"Diama is bleeding and dying." Teal'c finished her unsaid words. He squatted down and jerked O'Neill's limp body up. He placed him over his shoulder again and did not wait for the other's, he turned and stepped into the gate.

Janet stood up surprised.

Jacob grabbed her arm and pulled her with him, both leaping into the gate at the same moment.

Behind them, the room began to vanish.

Chapter Thirty-Five

Sam and Daniel stumbled down the ramp. Both stunned and disoriented. Daniel looked up and around. The Gateroom was full of....people.

Hammond was standing at the foot of the ramp. He reacted immediately. Spinning around, he saw Mike Taylor pick up the phone to call for medical. Satisfied, he moved up the ramp to help his people.

"Where are the others?" He asked, almost dreading the answer.

"Right behind us sir." Sam looked over her shoulder. She wasn't moving until they came through the gate.

Then there was a ripple and a tall imposing figure came through, carrying another person over his shoulder.

"Teal'c!" Hammond came up the ramp further.

"Colonel O'Neill is in need of immediate medical assistance." Teal'c came down the ramp still carrying the unconscious man around his shoulders.

Hammond walked around and looked at his SIC face. "What happened there?" He asked shocked. He followed Teal'c down the ramp.

The medics were streaming into the room about the time Janet and Jacob stepped through the gate.

Janet's sharp eyes went immediately to O'Neill, then to the two people waiting at the end of the ramp.

"To the infirmary, now!" She ordered pointing to Sam and Daniel.

They hesitated.

"Now!" Janet grabbed one of the medics. It was Lieutenant Hartman. Good man. Guess he wanted to see this to the end.

Hartman gently led the two stunned people from the frantic room.

"Janet?" Sam had stopped and turned around. Her pale face a stark contrast to her blue eyes. There was a streak of blood close to her mouth. She looked like she was ready to collapse.

Janet came down the ramp, Jacob coming around her, heading for his daughter.

Jacob reached his child and placed his arm gently around her waist.

"Com'on Sammy, you and Daniel need medical attention. Colonel O'Neill will be just fine." He steered her and the silent Daniel out of the room.

Janet glanced their way then headed to where Teal'c and the medics were placing O'Neill on a gurney.

Janet finally got a good hard look at the Colonel. What she saw at first upset her, then she set about checking his vitals. She grabbed a BP cuff and stethoscope and wrapped it around his arm tightly. He had yet to respond to any stimuli. She watched the gauge. 90/50. His blood pressure was to low. A flicker of movement beside her caused her to glance up. One of the medics was wiping some of the blood away from O'Neill's face and neck. There seemed to be a lot. She suddenly thought about what Teal'c said. Could this be connected to Diama? Could she be taking O'Neill with her?

She hoped not.

Janet Frasier looked up to the medic and motioned for him to take O'Neill to the infirmary. Janet shifted her attention to the large Jaffa staring down at her.

"Colonel O'Neill is not doing well." It was a statement, not a question.

"No Teal'c, he is not." She watched the medic push the gurney out of the Gateroom. She signed softly and looked at Hammond.

"What happened down there?" Hammond asked, his expression at best, neutral.

"Diama took out the Goa'uld Ptah-sek-ani.'" She said.

"What of Liam and Natar?" Taylor asked also watching his friend being hastily rolled away.

"Dead." Teal'c replied, as he left the room to be with his team.

"General, sir, as soon as I have checked out our people, I will report. Not until then." Janet said answering the unasked question.

"Very well, Doctor. I'll be waiting." Hammond knew better than to press her. He knew she was doing her best. And that was all he could ask for.

Chapter Thirty-Six.

Janet sat on the edge of her seat staring at the unconscious form of one Colonel Jack O'Neill. He had not stirred for 48 hours. She picked up his chart and glanced through the results of his blood work. Everything was within normal ranges. His blood pressure was still low, as well as his pulse. It was as if his body was trying to conserve energy. She leaned forward and placed the chart on the edge of the bed. His respiration was shallow. His chest was barely moving with each inhalation. She had already treated and stitched up the leg wound. She had him on oxygen, albeit a mask. She did not want to intubate him. Not yet. He really had her worried. She had no earthly idea what Diama had done to him.

Diama was dead.

That much Janet Frasier was absolutely sure about.

She reached out and took O'Neill's hand. It was cold to the touch. She frowned and tutted to herself. She rubbed the hand in-between her two small hands.

These hands. She smiled briefly as she thought about his hands.

Always busy. They moved about restlessly as he spoke, teased or commanded. But when he had to, they were still as glass. Unmoving. She gently rubbed the dorsal side of the hand. Rough, battered, and war torn, but gentle and tender when needed. These hands could convey much with just a touch. She rubbed the fingers looking at the broad flat nails. Two were broken off at the quick. When did that happen? She placed the hand back down on the bed and pulled the cover over it. She touched his arm. Cold to the touch. She turned around and spied Lt. Hartman.

"Lieutenant, please bring me one of those heated blankets."

Hartman glanced at the unconscious man and nodded.

Sam and Daniel came into the room at the same moment. Both looked rough.

Sam had a heavy cast on her right arm. There was a large dark bruise coloring her jaw. Janet had ordered her to go home, lot of good that did! The young woman had taken quite a beating at the hands of the Goa'uld. And it was telling on her as she moved slowly to her commander.

Daniel did not look any better. He had suffered a grade one concussion, but no skull fracture. He had three cracked ribs and dozens and dozens of bruises. He also had taken a beating at the hands of the beast. There was a strange haunted look to his clear blue eyes. He was supposed to be resting in his quarters, not wandering the halls of the SGC.

Janet knew better than to mess with these people and their priorities. And O'Neill was a big priority.

Janet smiled resigned. She pushed away from O'Neill's bed and picked up the chart. Hartman stepped around her. He placed the blanket around O'Neill's form. He glanced from Major Carter to the archeologist. "Sir. Major." He said and returned to his work.

"Anything?" Sam asked hopefully. Her voice was fighting fatigue.

She dragged a plastic chair over to the bed and sat down heavily. She looked at her commander with sad eyes. He has to wake up! He owes me that much.

"Well, he is still unconscious. His heart-rate and respiration are very slow. I don't know what to make of that. He had some internal injuries that are healing nicely. He's still running a low grade fever. I haven't a clue as to where that is coming from. I am afraid that we are just going to have to wait." Janet sighed. She shook her head in frustration. "You know, it doesn't make sense. His EEG shows slowing brain wave activity, as if he was..." Janet trailed off.

"As if what?" Sam pressed. She quickly looked at Daniel. Who raised his brows slightly.

"What did she do to him?" Janet looked at both people.

"We don't actually know what she did or what his part was in the destruction of Ptah-sek-ani. What I do know is the Jaffa on that ship seemed to believe that he was some sort of savior to them. I had several tell me. I told Jack what they had said, and it just served to piss him off. He really got annoyed with the entire concept. He said it was some type of weird coincidence." Daniel waved about his bandaged hand.

"The Jaffa thought he was their savior?" Janet asked astonished. She looked at Sam. Who shrugged in return.

"Yeah, apparently. You know, if you think about, he was in some way. He did help bring about the destruction of Ptah-sek-ani." Daniel returned his attention to his friend. A worry line appeared on his brow. "I just wish he would wake up and say something annoying. I would feel better."

"So would I." Sam said sadly. She fretted about this man more than she professionally should. She thought about his touch, his laugh and the way his brown eyes would light up when he was teasing her. She leaned over and touched his hand. It appeared to be bruised. She peered at it curiously. It was. In fact, he had some pretty spectacular bruises. She glanced at her hands. Yeah, they all did.

"Is Diama gone?" Daniel asked suddenly.

"Yes." A voice said weakly.

"Colonel O'Neill?" Janet raced to the bed.

Sam grabbed his hand and squeezed it gently. He squeezed back. His eyes were still closed and he still appeared barely breathing.

"Sir?" She said shaken.

"Jack?" Daniel eased over stiffly and stood next to Sam.

Janet was checking his vitals and motioning for Hartman to stand by.

O'Neill was pulling at the oxygen mask. He jerked it down. "You guys are so noisy." His voice trailed off in fatigue.

"Colonel? Can you open your eyes for me?" Janet held his hand. It was still real cold to the touch. She reached over to touch his face.

"No." he said softly.

"Why not sir?" Janet glanced at Sam, who was still holding the other hand, and Daniel, who was frowning deeply.

Teal'c and Jacob entered the room quietly. They had heard Janet's question.

"It hurts." He whispered. He could sense that there were several people around him and that he was not with Diama anymore. But something was not right with him.

"What hurts Colonel. Tell me where it hurts." Janet was taking another blood pressure reading. His BP was all over the place.

"Inside. Hurts inside." He said exhausted.

"Colonel, stay with me here." Janet tapped his cheek gently.

"Where's Daniel? Sam? Sam?" He shifted suddenly on the bed. He twisted violently towards his friends, his knees drawing up. "Oh God, what is happening?" His dark eyes flew open. He saw Teal'c standing just beyond Sam and Daniel.

"Tell me he's dead Teal'c! Tell me!" He tried to sit up.

"He is dead O'Neill. In fact, Natar is dead also." Teal'c looked at his friend with concern.

"I can't think. I can't think! There is so much noise in my head! What is wrong?" O'Neill raised his hands to his head. He squeezed his eyes shut and grimaced. He uncurled his body slowly. He exhaled.

Sam reached over and touched her commander's arm. He was trembling. He slowly opened his dark eyes and peered up at her. He stared at her for a long moment, not seeing her, his eyes glazed and dull. His brows knitted together, then he spoke.

"Together, we are the strongest force in the Universe and nothing will ever stop us!"

He closed his eyes and was rewarded with blissful sleep.

Janet Frasier hastily checked his pulse, then backed away. "I believe he's sleeping, not unconscious. His breathing is even and relaxed now."

"Uh, what exactly did that mean?" Daniel asked to no one in particular.

Sam shook her head. The entire event unnerved her tremendously.

Teal'c found himself staring at O'Neill. The Tauri slept quietly. The Jaffa frowned. "It will take a while, but in time I believe he will forget."

"Forget what?" Daniel shot back. He felt a wash of fatigue claim him. He suddenly felt old and used.

"Her. What she did to him." Teal'c nodded towards the sleeping man.

"What exactly did she do to him?" Sam said sharply. Her blue eyes narrowing with anger.

Daniel and Janet gave Sam an odd look. They exchanged glances, then turned to Teal'c for an explanation.

Teal'c continued to stare at O'Neill. He motioned slightly with his left hand. "She knew O'Neill would carry out her legacy. I believe in their prophecy, because it has come to pass. O'Neill and Diama together, freed her people, and the Jaffa, from the beast Ptah-sek-ani."

"O'Neill the Messiah?" Daniel said, not without amusement.

"Ho-boy, let's keep that one from him, we will never be able to live with him. Janet muttered

"No, no, that is not the explanation I want! What did she do to him! Did she change him in any way?" Sam said agitated.

"Change him? How?" Daniel asked cautiously.

"The moment she imprinted him, she changed him. He was....the one. I cannot explain it Major Carter, but he knew it also. He may not have wanted to admit it." Teal'c felt the sudden need for Kel'nor'reem. He did, however, understand her frustration.

Janet looked at the sleeping Jack O'Neill. "Look, let's not worry about this right now. I want all of you to go and get some rest. None of you have recovered from the ordeal on that moon. If I have to make that an order, I will." She pointed to the door.

"Janet, one of us needs to stay with Jack, you gotta admit, he was very disoriented upon waking just now." Daniel gestured towards the sleeping man.

"I'll stay with him." Jacob spoke up for the first time since he entered the room.

Sam looked at her father curiously.

"No, really, I'll stay here with him. You guys go and get some rest. He'll be in good hands." Jacob shooed his hands towards the doorway.

Daniel and Teal'c took the hint and quietly left the room. Sam remained.

"What's wrong with him?" She asked hoarsely.

Jacob looked at Janet, a frown played upon his features.

"Look, he said he hurts inside. What does that mean?"

"Sam, he'll be alright. I'll be here with him. It will do him no good if you are so exhausted, that you can't talk to him when he does come about. Go, go get some rest." Janet said firmly.

Sam looked to her father, then to Janet. She knew she could not win this battle. She frowned tightly and without another word walked out of the room.

"Well, that went well." Jacob muttered. He walked over to O'Neill's bed and pulled up a chair. He eased into it looked up to the petite doctor.

She was frowning as she stared at the sleeping man.

'Your thoughts on this matter?" He asked her.

"I don't know. He is stable for now. He is sleeping. But I have no clue how he is going to act when he wakes again. We'll see." She touched O'Neill's hand again.

Cold. His hand was really cold to the touch.

She pulled the covers up and placed both hands under the blanket. She looked at Jacob.

He reached over and touched O'Neill's arm. Jacob looked at her alarmed. "Man, he is cold. Is he suppose to be this cold?"

"No, blood pressure is down, pulse slow and uneven, respiration shallow, and he is cold." Sounds like he is going into shock." Janet observed.

"What is causing all those symptoms?" Jacob asked looking at O'Neill.

"Why would he be going into shock?" Janet muttered shaking her head. She flashed a look to Jacob. Then walked around the bed and pulled a cover off the bed next to him and threw it over the now shivering man. "There is no reason for this." She said to Jacob frustrated. "I'm elevating his feet." She reached down under the bed and grabbed a wedge and propped it under O'Neill's feet. "This must have something to do with...what the hell!" Janet jumped suddenly, her eyes flew open with surprise.

O'Neill's eyes were open and glittering. He was staring at her intensely. He reached out slowly and touched her hand. He blinked heavily.

Jacob stepped closer. He saw O'Neill's eyes, only they weren't O'Neill's eyes. They were like Diama's. She was dead!

Or was she?

"Uh, Colonel O'Neill?" Janet asked looking at Jacob.

"Thank you." O'Neill whispered. His hand tightened around her hand. He was barely breathing. It was as if he was struggling to draw in each precious breath. His eyes searched her face for a moment. Memorizing every nuance and expression. He still held her hand, but looked beyond to Jacob.

"Jacob of the To'kra, I have a message for you." O'Neill's voice faltered and he closed his dark eyes.

Janet looked around. Her eyes wide. She felt his touch. It was cold, so cold. She squeezed his hand.

O'Neill's eyes snapped back open. The strange glittering effect gone.

"Jack, stay with me. Tell me what the message is." Jacob urged.

"Jacob?" Jack frowned. His mouth turned down, his brows knitted in thought. He shifted and looked about.

Janet continued to hold his hand. "Sir?" She said trying to get his attention.

"Uh yeah..whoa." He turned his dark eyes towards her. They appeared unfocused and confused.

"Jack, com'on. I believe Diama had a message for me."

Jack stared at Jacob for a long quiet moment, as if trying to remember. He licked his dry lips. God, he was thirsty.

"Can I have some water?" He asked.

"Yes..yes of course." She placed his hand down. She looked to the small table next to the bed and saw that there was no water on it. "I'll be right back." She said and took off.

O'Neill watched her leave, then turned back to Jacob. "Diama is dead. Trust me on this one. But she left me with an imprinted message for you."

"Okay." Jacob said patiently.

O'Neill closed his eyes for a moment, then opened them, that strange glitter returned. He met Jacob's eyes and spoke with the same soft lilt that was recognizable as Diama.

" I have given this much thought. Your peoples must preserve the Araraan technology. Use it against the Goa'uld. Ptah-sek-ani is not the only one who knows of it. Protect the city. Occupy it with the Tauri. Protect this one. The information he withholds will...." O'Neill closed his eyes and exhaled unevenly. "Will change the way you battle the Goa'uld forever."

"How? Is it the weapons we currently know about or is there something more? What other Goa'uld know of Araraan technology?" Jacob was counting his lucky stars. He and Teal'c had not set off the charges in the control room yet.

"Jacob!" Janet stood behind the man.

Jacob turned around with a guilty start. He looked at the petite woman. She held a glistening jug of water and a cup in her hands.

"Please Janet, this is important."

"Look at him! How important? Important to the To'kra?" Janet stalked over to the table next to the bed and placed the pitcher and cup down. She reached over and took O'Neill's hand to check his pulse. It was faint and thready. She frowned and placed his hand down. She spun around to face Jacob. "This isn't over, is it? What else is there for him to do? I thought she was gone!" Janet ended up raising her voice.

Jacob looked at Jack and raised his brows slightly. "She is gone. This is an imprinted message. She left him with her final instructions on what to do with the Araraan legacy. This is very valuable information. It can and will effect Earth and the other worlds that are under the constant threat of the Goa'uld. She is offering us a way to protect ourselves against these creatures. We must pay attention, because, once it is gone, it is not retrievable."

"Really?" Janet's voice had a sharp unbelieving edge to it. "I don't think so."

"You don't think what Dr. Frasier?" A new voice broke in.

It was General Hammond. He cut his sharp blue eyes to her. He nodded at Jacob. "What is going on here?"

"We were having a discussion concerning Colonel O'Neill's health." Janet snapped glaring at the To'kra.

Hammond flicked his attention to the subject of their discussion.

O'Neill was quietly watching all of this with solemn brown eyes. He turned his head towards the General. He frowned slightly as if trying to remember something, then returned his attention to Jacob and Janet.

"We are having a discussion about the future of Earth." Jacob said sharply.

"Well, what about the future of Colonel O'Neill?" Janet countered.

"I think this discussion needs to go elsewhere. Conference room, both of you. Now!" Hammond pointed to the door.

"Sir?" Janet began to protest.

"No argument Doctor, I want you there now." Hammond took one last look at O'Neill and spun around. "That goes for you too Jacob." He said over his shoulder as he left the room.

"Uh-oh, now you guys are in trouble." O'Neill murmured.

"Jack?" Jacob said looking past Janet.

"Yeah, I just thought I was the only one that got called to the office all the time. Hah, now you know how I feel." O'Neill smirked and pushed himself up. He stopped suddenly. "Whoa, head rush." He placed his hands on his head.

"Lay back." Janet admonished. She placed her hand on his forehead. It felt warmer now.

"I'm fine. Go on. You wouldn't want to piss off Hammond anymore than he already is." O'Neill wagged a finger to the door.

Janet and Jacob exchanged a guilty look.

"Sorry." Jacob said softly.

"Yeah, me too. Okay Colonel O'Neill, we will be right back. Get some rest. Call button is right there, you know how that drill works." She gestured to the button and the side of the bed.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, go on." He settled back, wishing his head would stop pounding.

Janet and Jacob traded concerned looks and left the room.

O'Neill watched them leave. He knew something was still not right with him. He felt...off.. He was slightly sick to his stomach and achy, almost flu-like symptoms. He shivered suddenly. He was already tired of this whole sick in the bed stint. He was ready to get on with his life in a somewhat normal fashion. Whatever normal happens to be that day. He pulled the blanket up over his shoulders. God! He felt like he had been running a marathon and dodging Jaffa with staff weapons. No, more like a really rough hockey game against the entire Colorado Avalanche bench. Yeah, he felt like he had been cross checked a million times. His head continued to throb without mercy. He really wanted to kill the fellow with the mallet who was working overtime in his skull. He inhaled deeply and exhaled slowly. Then without warning fell sound asleep.

Chapter Thirty-Seven

Sam jerked up in her bed. A scream caught in her throat. She raised a trembling hand to her face. She was sweating profusely. Her forearm was throbbing painfully. She eased her legs over to the side of her bed. There was not a spot on her that did not hurt. Really hurt. She pushed herself out of the bed, trying to control her breathing and the uncontrollable shaking that attacked her entire body. She wrapped her arms around herself. She force herself to stand erect for a moment, then stumbled to her bathroom. Sam glanced in the mirror above her sink and ran an unsteady hand through her short blond hair.

It was a nightmare. That's all.

She stared at the stranger staring back. She leaned over to peer at the dark circles under her eyes and the fatigue lines around her mouth. Her spiky blood hair stood on end.

She had been dreaming of Diama.

And of Colonel O'Neill.

And Tor. Not Natar, but Tor.

Carter leaned over and turned on the cold water. She splashed a handful over her face. The chilled water felt good. She inhaled sharply and rotated her head side to side to remove any kinks.

Exhaling slowly, she closed her eyes to remember the dream.

Colonel O'Neill was standing in an empty courtyard. There was a fountain with flowers spilling over to the ground. The flowers were draped over his feet. He did not see them. He was staring at something directly in front of him. He shook his head and turned as if to speak to someone. He pointed in front of himself.

Sam blinked. She exhaled and closed her eyes again.

Diama was standing across the courtyard. She was talking but Sam would not make out what she was saying. Diama held her arms out towards O'Neill, beckoning him to her. She was smiling, a warm golden glow surrounded her.

O'Neill moved towards her. He frowned slightly and turned back around. He was trying to talk to someone behind him.

Tor.

Tor was standing next to Diama now. He was holding her arm, keeping her from moving to O'Neill. The glow now surrounded both Araraans.

O'Neill slowly rotated around to Diama. He cocked his head curiously. He took one step towards the Araraans, then another.

He seemed to be fighting some unseen force.

What? What? What does this mean? Sam shook her head.

O'Neill was reaching for the Araraans. His hand imploring, reaching to them.

Sam's eyes flew open again. She could clearly see the pain on her commander's face. She looked in the mirror again. No, there is more. Don't stop now. She leaned forward and placed her hands on the sink and closed her eyes again.

Then she saw herself. Standing behind him. She could see the Araraans. They were now holding each other. But Diama was reaching for O'Neill. She was speaking to him. The glow around the Araraans was growing, expanding outward towards O'Neill.

O'Neill struggled with another step.

Sam cried out to him. Her voice no more than a whisper.

She began to move towards him. Each step sending torrents of agony through her body.

She gasped. She could not allow this to happen. He was not supposed to be here.

No! She heard herself crying out.

O'Neill stumbled and fell to his knees. A cry escaped from his lips. He dropped to his hands.

The glow continued to grow.

Sir? Colonel? Sam heard herself shouting. She struggled with each torturous step.

O'Neill slumped forward. His face slammed onto the floor. He lay still. But his hand was reaching for the Araraans.

Sam felt herself blinking. She was now in the infirmary. She spun around. She suddenly felt the force surrounding her break free and she pitched forward. She felt herself hitting the cold hard floor. She jerked up and saw O'Neills prone form ahead of her. She blinked again.

He was within touching distance. The room was dark and the Araraans were gone.

O'Neill was not moving.

"Jack?" She screamed.

"Sam? Sam?" Daniel banged on her door. He had heard her scream Jack's name twice. He had been making his way to the infirmary when he heard her cry out. He banged on the door again, then decided to just barge in. He flung open the door and rushed into the room.

"Sam?" He turned about and saw her standing at the bathroom sink. Her blue eyes wide with fright.

Daniel hurried to her side and grabbed her arms. "Hey, hey, it's okay." He pulled her around and shook her slightly.

Her mouth was working, but no sound escaped. She stared right through him.

That scared Daniel. He placed his hand on the side of her face. "Sam? Jack is okay." He said gently.

Sam began to blink furiously, then she suddenly pulled away, frantically taking in her surroundings. She met Daniel's worried eyes and tried to step around him.

Daniel still had her in his arms. "No, no you don't. Stay here with me. What's wrong?"

"There is something wrong with the Colonel. I feel it." She looked around wildly. "Please, we must go to the infirmary."

Daniel released her arms. "Uh, you might want to change clothes first."

Sam looked down. She was still wearing her T-shirt and pajama bottoms. "Oh, right. Give me two minutes." She spun around and snatched her clothes from the dresser and motioned for him to turn around.

Daniel hesitated, taking in her panicky behavior, then capitulated and turned his back to her.

Chapter Thirty-eight.

"What is going on here?" Janet yelled as she heard the crashing of a tray table to the floor. She raced around the bed to see her most errant patient lying crumpled on the floor.

"What the hell was he doing?" She dropped to the floor and touched his face. Two nurses scurried over. Fraiser eyes widened.

"Quick, quick, help me get him on the bed. Now! He is not breathing!"

A distant voice called for a crash cart.

Lt. Hartman slid around behind the prone man. He rolled him over with one smooth motion.

An airman and Teal'c appeared in the room. Teal'c grabbed the Colonel's legs and together they placed O'Neill's dead weight on the bed.

How in the world did Teal'c know to be here? Frasier thought frantically.

She placed a stethoscope on his chest.

"Shit!" She cursed. Jerking around she grabbed the defibrillator paddles.

"200 Joules!"

"200 Joules!" Hartman responded back.

"Stand clear!" She placed the paddles on O'Neill's chest. Someone had cut off his shirt.

O'Neill's body violently jerked off the table and flopped back down.

Janet stared at the monitor. Flatline! Flatline! Damn it. People were rushing in and around her.

"Again, 250 joules." She barely heard the machine winding up. "Clear!" Again she slapped the paddled on his chest. Again, his lifeless body spasm with the jolt.

"Com'on, com'on, com'on Colonel, don't you dare do this to me. Don't you dare!" She hissed through clenched teeth. She could still hear the sound of the monitor indicating no normal sinus rhythm. She glanced to her side and shouted for a syringe of ephedrine.

Daniel and Sam came skidding into the maelstrom.

"Oh my God, what is going on here?" Daniel whispered.

"Janet, it's Diama. She is trying to take him with them." Sam yelled as she approached the bed.

Janet was rubbing the paddles together. "His heart is not beating. Get back, try 300 joules!" She placed the paddles on his chest. "Charge! Clear!" Again he jerked lifelessly.

"Stop it! Stop it!" Sam cried out. "Don't ask me how I know, but please trust me. Stop this right now." She pushed away two of the nurses.

"Doctor Frasier?" Hartman asked quietly.

Janet held the paddles in her trembling hands. The monitor was still showing a flatline.

"What does that appear to be to you?" She asked Carter jerking her head towards the monitor.

"Please Janet. He is there. I know it." She walked around the doctor and gently touched O'Neill's forehead.

"Colonel? Jack? They are gone. Gone now forever. Come back. I know you are still there. Come back to us." She said so softly people strained to hear her. She moved her hand down and stroked his hand. "They left in the light. The light never reached you. You are still with us." She coaxed.

"Sam, we can't wait, look, there is no heartbeat. There is nothing!" Janet grabbed Sam's arm and pulled her around to see the monitor.

Beep.

"What?" Janet said astonished.

Beep.

Janet leaped to check O'Neill's pulse. She held it for a long moment, savoring the beat. She placed her other hand on his chest. Breathing. He was breathing again. Janet removed her hand and stepped back. She stole a quick glance towards the monitor then exhaled slowly. She turned towards Sam.

"He uh, he appears to have a normal sinus rhythm. How did you know? How could you have possibly known?" She asked Carter.

Daniel turned to see Teal'c and Major Taylor standing at the doorway.

Taylor had just stepped into the room and had witnessed the entire thing. It had unnerved him in no small way.

Teal'c gestured towards O'Neill. "Now, he will be better." He said softly.

"I saw Colonel O'Neill with Diama and Tor. They were disappearing in a circle of light. She was beckoning to him to come to her and he was moving towards her. Then.. he stumbled and fell. I couldn't touch him, as much as I tried. I could not touch him! Then, the light was gone and so were the Araraans."

"So, Jack is finally free of Diama?" Daniel asked as he walked around Sam to Jack's side. He looked down at the now sleeping man. Jack finally looked at peace.

Sam stared at her commander, then broke away to look at Taylor and Teal'c. "I think..he was trying to contact me. I don't know how, but, maybe he wasn't strong enough to fight them both."

"Fight who? Diama? Why? What did she want with him? She had Tor." Mike asked wrapping his arms around his lean chest. He still stood in the hallway. Teal'c had walked into the room again and had pulled up a chair for Sam to sit in.

She smiled and sat down. "Thanks." She said returning her attention to O'Neill. "You are right. She had Tor, but she wanted Colonel O'Neill as well. I don't know why Major Taylor. Maybe we will never know."

"Yeah, that would be our luck. We would never know." Daniel muttered stealing a look at Janet.

She stared at O'Neill with troubled eyes. She hoped that was true.

Chapter Thirty-Nine.

Epilog: one month later.

Jack was standing at the edge of Daniel Jackson's office. He looked in. He smiled, mildly amused at the volumes of books, videotapes and artifacts that were scattered throughout the cluttered room. He stepped into the room and began to wander about. He hated to wait. Especially when he had been ready for hours.

"Com'on Daniel, you are holding up the show. Teal'c and Carter are already in the Gateroom and we are now late!"

Daniel was hunting around his desk for something. He was muttering the entire time. Every now and then he would flash an annoyed glare Jack's way.

"Instead of standing there nagging me, you could be helping me look!" He snapped lifting a book and tossing it aside.

Jack sauntered into the room and scanned the desk. "What exactly are we looking for?" He drawled.

"My notes on the Talwansea Society." Daniel shoved over more books. "I know it is here somewhere."

"Talwansea Society?" Jack picked up odds and ends and peered under them with little interest.

"Yes, that happens to be the race of people who occupy PR2-997. Damn it, they were right here. Where are those notes? I need them!" Daniel moved over to the terminal.

Jack slowly worked his way around the clutter, picking up stuff and glancing at it. "It would help if I knew what these notes looked like...you know, in a blue folder or something?" Jack picked up a blue folder and flipped through it curiously.

Daniel spun around. His blue eyes lit up. "Aha! There it is, you have it in your grubby hands." He reached over and snatched the folder from O'Neill's fingertips. "Thanks. Now we can go. Give me a moment to shove this in my rucksack." Daniel turned and went hunting for his knapsack.

Jack shook his head and glanced back down on the table. He stopped suddenly. Something caught his attention. He slowly reached down and picked up the photograph. He stared at it. A pained expression flew across his features.

Daniel turned to rag Jack when he noticed Jack holding a picture in his hand. The older man had the strangest expression of his face.

"Damn, damn, damn." Daniel said softly and moved to snatch the photo from Jack's hand.

Jack came to life and pulled the picture away. "When did you take this picture?" He said in an angry tone. He shook the picture in Daniel's face.

"You were never suppose to see that." Daniel said gently.

"And why not?" Jack looked at the picture again and grimaced.

"We didn't know how you would react. What sort of memories it would invoke." Daniel stood there with a guilty start. He had promised Sam that he was going to destroy the photo. She was so adamant about O'Neill never seeing it.

Too late now!

"When did you take this picture?" O'Neill demanded. He shook the picture at Daniel, clearly upset.

"On the moon's surface. When we found her in the sarcophagus. That was taken just moments after she rose from it." Daniel gestured at the picture. "I'm sorry. It was just such a fantastic sight. I couldn't help myself."

"I don't remember any of this." Jack snapped. He still held the picture in his hand.

"She was so beautiful." Daniel eased over and gently took the picture from Jack. "I'm sorry. I know you don't remember much when she arose from the sarcophagus. You were unconscious. If you like.....I'll get rid of it." Daniel held up the picture.

"No." Jack said suddenly. He had paled several shades and looked slightly ill.

"Are you okay?" Daniel turned around, the picture still firmly in his hand.

"Yeah, don't destroy it. You..probably need it for research or something. You know." Jack looked to the door. A moment of panic flew across his handsome features.

"Do you remember her?" Daniel placed the picture down. He moved to his friend and took his arm.

Jack winced and looked from Daniel's hand up to his blue eyes. He swallowed hard and nodded. He thought of the picture. Diama, standing there, so beautiful, so utterly fragile that touching her might cause her to break. He exhaled softly. "I still dream of her. I still sense her being. Yes, I remember her." He broke away from Daniel and hurried from the room leaving Daniel alone in his lab.

Daniel glanced down at the picture of Diama rising from the sarcophagus. She was so beautiful. He exhaled deeply and shook his head ruefully. "I bet you do Jack, I bet you do."

End.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Hallrho