Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Legacy Part 3, The

by Hallrho
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
The Legacy Part 3

The Legacy Part 3

by Hallrho

Title: The Legacy Part 3
Author: Hallrho
Email: Hallrho@AOL.com
Category: Action/Adventure, Angst, Hurt/Comfort
Season: Season 5
Pairing: Sam/Jack
Rating: PG-13
Warnings: language, violence
Summary: O'Neill and SG-1 discover the true intentions of the Araraan race with horrific results. Sequel to 'Through Another Eyes' and 'The Special Gift.'
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).

Chapter Eighteen

Sam and Teal'c had made it back to O'Neill's location without being spotted by the gliders. When they came through the doorway, the first person Sam saw was her father.

"Hey Sammy. So glad you are here. You also Teal'c." Jacob said. His voice held a funny edge to it.

"What? Where are the other's?" Sam asked pointedly looking for O'Neill.

Jacob jerked a thumb behind him into another room.

"Back in there."

"The sarcophagus." Teal'c spoke up. His eyes flicked forward to the door beyond Jacob.

"What is going on in there?" Sam moved around her father and to the door.

Jacob's hand shot out and grabbed his daughter's arm. "We couldn't wait any longer."

Sam, momentarily stopped by her father, frowned. "Wait for what?"

"Colonel O'Neill collapsed right after speaking to Major Taylor."

Sam pushed around her father and stormed into the room. She stood at the doorway stunned.

Teal'c and Jacob were not far behind her.

Teal'c's jaw tightened.

Jacob sighed softly.

Daniel was standing at the base of the sarcophagus. His lips were moving soundlessly, reading the glyphs as quickly as possible.

Janet was pulling off the patches for the AED, having restored Colonel O'Neill's heart to a somewhat normal sinus rhythm.

Sam broke out of shock and hurried to where Janet was kneeling over O'Neill's supine form.

Janet looked up to her. She rocked back on her heels and grabbed a cloth to wipe down O'Neill's face.

"I had to jump start his heart. He had just finished giving Major Taylor instructions when he collapsed. No warning. He has not regained consciousness yet. Daniel and your father agreed that it is time to get the imprint out of the Colonel. Daniel believes he understands the instructions on how to reunite Diama with her body." Janet turned around to look up at Daniel.

"Believes? He doesn't know for sure?" Sam's eyes widened.

"Sam, the method of Taswar is not unknown to the Araraan. According to what is written here, all we need to do is to place Jack somewhere close to the sarcophagus. Uh, his head must be there." He pointed to the far end of the box. "And his feet are here." Daniel tapped the side he stood at. "Once that is done, we are to leave it alone. We cannot touch the sarcophagus or Jack when the transfer begins."

"You're kidding? Diama is in that box?" Sam jerked her head towards the sarcophagus.

"Yes...that is where my body lies." A soft voice spoke up from below them.

"Easy Colonel, lay still for now." Janet placed her hand on his chest.

He was burning up!

Jack turned to look at Janet. He smiled gently and touched her hand. "You are a good healer. We are most grateful." O'Neill struggled to get up.

"Jack, what are you doing?" Daniel, Sam and Teal'c moved towards him.

"The healer is right. We must be separated or he will die. My occupation of his form is far too stressful for the human body to withstand. He will not be able to exist much longer if we remain together as one." Jack was now standing. Albeit wobbly. He took a step towards the gilded sarcophagus.

Teal'c moved over and firmly took O'Neill's arm.

"I will assist you O'Neill."

O'Neill pointed to the top of the sarchogus. "Help me up there. Lay me as Daniel instructed." O'Neill moved stiffly.

"Hurry Teal'c." Janet said suddenly. She had the oddest sense of urgency wash over her.

Sam stood next to her father. Her heart was up in her throat. She looked at her father in question.

"She wanted to wait. But we can't, not without killing them both. Better she fight her own battles and leave him out." Jacob said distantly.

Teal'c and Daniel helped O'Neill up on the top and arranged him according to the instructions. Both men then stepped back for a moment.

"Daniel...Teal'c..get back. Now!" O'Neill's pain filled voice said weakly. He motioned with his left hand towards Janet. "Over there..get over there!"

Teal'c grabbed Daniel's arm about the time a brilliant blue light surrounded the sarcophagus. They stumbled back several feet. A high pitched noise filled the room. It was deafening.

The electric blue light wavered around O'Neill. It formed a dome around his body.

The human's in the room tried to watch, but the light was too bright. They covered their eyes.

Only Teal'c watched. He saw O'Neill's body arch and spasm violently.

"What is happening?" Sam cried out.

"Stay back all of you!" Jacob moved in front of Janet to prevent her from going to O'Neill.

The light and the sound intensified.

O'Neill shrieked in agony.

"God! Please stop this!" Janet looked desperately at Jacob.

"No, let it finish!"

"She's killing him!" Sam screamed at her father.

"Sam! Stay there. Don't move!" Daniel pointed a finger to his friend. He well understood her fear.

O'Neill cried out again.

Teal'c watched in horror as his friend suffered. He could do nothing to help him. Never had he ever felt so helpless, He looked at Daniel Jackson and recognized the same desperate emotion on the archeologist face.

Then, as suddenly as it began, it stopped.

The sound and the light vanished. The room became silent and dark.

The people in the room stood in shocked silence.

Then, as if on cue they all rushed to the sarcophagus.

Teal'c and Jacob reached it first.

"Get him off that thing now!" Janet barked.

Jacob grabbed O'Neill by the shoulder's and Teal'c by the feet and they gently removed him from the top of the sarcophagus.

He was totally non-responsive.

Sam and Janet were at his side. Janet quickly took his pulse.

"He's alive." She announced to no one in particular.

"Thank God." Sam murmured.

Daniel dropped to the floor, his knee's suddenly weak. He touched his friends arm.

"Jack? Come on Jack, wake up." He whispered.

The lid of the sarcophagus began to move outward. Grinding and groaning as it opened.

Teal'c and Jacob jumped back and drew their weapons.

Sam pulled her commander's head on to her lap. She touched his forehead but was watching the sarcophagus in fascination.

It stopped.

A soft yellow light poured out from the opening inside.

Teal'c looked at Jacob curiously. He had his weapon up. Nodding to the Tok'ra, he began to ease forward towards the edge. He peeked inside then stood back. He looked at Sam with the strangest expression on his normally placid features.

"It would appear that Diama awakes."

A slender hand reached up and Teal'c, placing his weapon aside, grabbed the small hand and pulled her up to a seated position.

The room was deathly quiet as Diama sat up and peered about the dark room.

Sam held O'Neill tighter. He was still unconscious.

Janet and Daniel just stared.

Jacob moved around to the other side of the box to get a better look at the astonishing female.

She was stunning.

Daniel's mouth opened slightly. She was so beautiful. He reached in his bag and grabbed his camera.

She still held on to Teal'c hand. She placed her other hand over his and squeezed lightly.

"I am indebted to you, all of you for your patience and bravery." Her voice was soft and had a sing-song quality to it. She turned to Jacob and smiled. Her entire face lit up with that smile.

"Ah, the Tok'ra. We have known each other throughout the years. Thank you."

Jacob was speechless.

Daniel openly stared at her. Sure he had seen beautiful women in his lifetime, but this woman had a rare quality of refined and delicate beauty. Long pale blond hair that floated around her small shoulders, a small heart shaped face with the largest jade green eyes Daniel had ever seen. She had finely sculpted features that almost appeared to have been carved from marble. She looked like a Greek goddess.

Greek goddess? Get a grip Daniel!

He tore his eyes away to look at Jack.

Diama went to stand up when Teal'c reached in and gently picked her up. He carefully placed her down on the ground.

She smiled at him. Then turned her attention to her hands, arms, legs and feet. She touched her face and ran her fingers through her fine silky hair.

She shifted her body in a familiar way.

Daniel wanted to gasp. It was a movement Jack did when he was working kinks out of his 6'2 frame. Now she was doing it.

Sam was openly staring at the woman. She figured Diama to be about 5'6 in height and very slight in build. She was wearing an emerald colored gown that when she moved flowed like water. There was an odd multi-colored band on her right wrist and one around her neck. Sam wondered if they were ornaments or weapons. The woman moved towards her weaving unsteadily. She then dropped to the floor next to O'Neill. Her green eyes filled with unexpected tears.

"Please...I meant him no harm." She said in a soft lilting voice.

Sam continued to stare at the Araraan woman.

"Can you help him?" Daniel asked breaking the sudden quiet of the room.

Diama turned her almond shaped eyes towards him. "Yes, I can. If you will permit me to do so." She turned her attention to Carter.

Janet was taking O'Neill's pulse. She jerked her head up towards Sam.

"There is no pulse. He is not breathing."

Sam broke eye contact with the pale alien. She moved to Janet and reached to check his pulse also. No reassuring beats. Nothing. Sam frantically put her hand on his chest and felt no movement.

"Oh God. What is going on?"

Diama leaned forward towards Sam.

"Let me help." She whispered. Her brilliant green eyes bored into Sam's own blue.

Sam looked to Janet.

Who nodded in response.

"Do it." Sam said harshly.

"I must take your place." Diama gestured when Sam sat.

Sam gently laid her commander's head on the ground. When had he stopped breathing?

"Hurry or I will need to do something myself. He is not breathing!" Janet said urgently.

Diama eased around to where Sam had been seated. She lifted O'Neill's head and placed it on her lap. She smiled softly as she laid her delicate hands on his temples. Diama leaned back and dropped her chin to her chest. Closing her eyes, she began to hum.

Teal'c closed his eyes. The sound was pleasing and his symbiote was responding to the sweet sound. He allowed himself a moment of self-indulgence. He felt himself slipping into Kel-no-reem. It was so tempting.

The sound washed over Jacob. It was like nothing he had ever heard. Selmak signed within him.

This is most pleasurable. Selmak commented to Jacob.

Indeed. Jacob thought back, and closed his eyes.

Daniel looked at Teal'c and then to Jacob and saw that both men were entranced by the sound. They looked lost in ecstasy. He returned his attention to the beautiful woman and his friend. There was now a soft yellow haze falling around them. Diama rocked forward and touched her forehead to O'Neill's. She was now softly singing. It was a sweet tantalizing sound. Like a mermaid luring sailors to the sea. Daniel blinked suddenly. Where did that crazy thought come from? He shot a glance to Sam, who was kneeling next to Diama.

Her eyes were closed as well. Her mouth was slightly opened and her face was totally relaxed.

Daniel jerked his attention to Janet.

Who was not entranced or enthralled by the sound. She was upset. Clearly upset.

"What is going on?" She demanded.

Daniel shrugged. "I don't know. I've never seen anything like it."

Diama had taken her hands off of O'Neill's temples and had them wrapped around his shoulders. She had her head lying on his left shoulder. She was still singing softly. The light now surrounded them.

A glider zoomed overhead.

Very very close.

Daniel quickly realized that he and Janet were the only two that was not affected by Diama.

Why?

Symbiote. It had to be the symbiote.

But, Sam did not have a symbiote.

Oh..she still had protein markers from Jolinar. So..it could be possible that she would be affected as her father and Teal'c.

Janet looked at Daniel. She had come to the same conclusion.

Another glider shrieked overhead and released a volley nearby. The earth shook violently.

Diama was uncurling from O'Neill. She had stopped singing and the light was slowly fading. But not before she gently kissed O'Neill on the lips.

Daniel thought it was the single most erotic thing he had seen in a long time.

As she eased back, she studied the soldier's face. Her long fingertips tracing the lines of his jaw, then to his hairline and down his nose to his mouth. She sighed. Pushing away she sat looking about the room.

The light was completely gone.

Jacob, Teal'c and Sam opened their eyes. They all looked at Diama in question.

"Good healer, you may tend to O'Neill now. I believe you will find him well." Diama gestured to a now arousing O'Neill.

Jack placed his hands to his face and groaned. He opened his dark eyes and looked up to the ceiling. His eyes were glazed and unfocused.

"Jack?" Daniel was the first to him. He dropped down next to his friend.

"Hey Jack, talk to me."

Janet was checking his blood pressure and pulse. Normal.

The other's stood quietly by.

"I hear you Daniel." Jack muttered looking about dazed.

"What the hell am I doing on the floor?" Jack sat up and turned sharply seeing the woman beside him. He gasped slightly.

"I know you." He whispered.

"Yes, you do." She smiled fondly.

O'Neill exploded back, scooting away from the woman as fast as he could.

He turned to face Daniel and pointed to the woman. "That's Diama!" He said astonished.

"We know that Jack." Daniel said guardedly.

"She...is..no longer in here." Jack touched his chest. He looked back at her with untrusting eyes.

"What happened here?" He demanded.

"We could no longer wait. You were dying and we could not permit that to happen. You have become very important to us."

Diama reached over and touched his face.

Jack pushed away from her in a panic.

"She's a Gould!" He shouted.

Daniel quickly pulled his gun and pointed it directly at her.

O'Neill was scrambling up. He patted himself down and realized he had no weapon on his body. "My gun!" He hissed to Janet.

Janet had taken his handgun before the transfer, she tossed it to him and then jerked out her own. She trained the weapon on the alien woman.

"No, she is not." Selmak said.

"I agree." Teal'c said moving towards her cautiously.

"No, no, no, I felt something!" Jack said, his voice rising slightly. He could feel his heart slamming in his chest. This was way too much to assimilate.

"The Araraan people are very similar to the Tok'ra. There are, of course subtle differences. Some Araraans have a symbiote, some do not. Only few have what is known as a La'e'ka. They are born with a symbiote within. They are not implanted. Little wonder the Goa'uld are after you hot and heavy." Jacob observed.

"I have never met one of the La'e'ka. I am honored." Teal'c bowed slightly to her.

She nodded back, a slight smile played on her lips.

"Yes, I remember Jolinar speaking of the rarity of the La'e'ka. I think they were part of a master race. But long since dead according to myth." Sam offered as she remembered. She looked at O'Neill.

Who was still holding his gun on the Araraan woman. He raised his brows to his second in command.

"Why don't I know this tidbit of history? After all, you took up house in my head for months." The gun did not waver.

"You hate the Goa'uld, as I do. If you ever suspected that we were anything similar to a Goa'uld, you would have allowed yourself to die rather than have 'a snake in your head'." Diama moved slightly. She wanted to reassure O'Neill.

O'Neill kept his gun on Diama. He looked at Jacob, Teal'c and finally back to Sam. None of them had raised their weapons in defense.

He looked behind himself and noted that Daniel and Janet still held their weapons at bay.

Ookkaayy. Looks like a Mexican standoff. Who is right?

Jack knew that he would have to be the one to make that call.

"Jack, search for me. I am truly gone." Diama opened her hands towards him.

Jack closed his eyes.

He saw nothing. He felt nothing. There was quiet within himself. He slowly opened his eyes and lowered his weapon.

Daniel and Janet looked at him in question.

"Lower your weapons. She is right. She means us no harm. Ptah-sek-ani is another matter."

Diama raised her hand. She made a fist. "I will destroy him." She said firmly.

Sam, Teal'c and Jacob moved towards Jack.

"Sir, so glad to have you back with us." Sam said, not really knowing what to say.

"Yes, it is most gratifying to see you as you." Teal'c said placing a big beefy hand on O'Neill's shoulder.

"Now the real war begins. We must stop Ptah-sek-ani." Jacob said as another glider screamed overhead.

"Easier said than done." Daniel said holstering his gun.

"Perhaps not. He will come here, to this place for O'Neill and myself." Diama answered the question.

"How would he know that you are no longer linked to Colonel O'Neill?" Sam asked curiously, finally getting a real look at the stunning woman. She wondered if she was dreaming when she saw the Araraan kiss her commander.

"He would pick up certain energies that are not Terran. The Sarcophagus puts out a tremendous signal when healing, or in my case blending. He would know the difference in the signal and come seeking. I fear for all of our lives, for we are in danger. Let me go, he wants me." Diama touched her chest and looked at O'Neill.

"No, that's not the entire truth, now is it?" O'Neill countered.

Diama nodded slowly. "No, you are correct, it is not."

"Well, go on. We are waiting." Daniel pushed.

"Helllooo Mr. Diplomat." O'Neill said under his breath.

"I heard that." Daniel shot back.

"Please, I wish to hear what she has to say." Teal'c said mildly annoyed at the two men.

Amazing, how annoying humans could be at times. Teal'c thought to himself.

Jacob moved towards his daughter. He watched her eye Diama. There was tension in her movements. Not a good thing either.

"Before we get to far off the mark, and get blown up by the death gliders, I insist on knowing what just happened in this room. The singing, the glazed look on your faces, the strange light, and your ability to bring Colonel O'Neill back from the dead." Janet said in frustration. Her hand went from Diama to Teal'c and finally back to O'Neill.

"He was never really dead."

"Ah, no pulse, no heartbeat, no breathing does not constitute sleeping." Daniel said frowning.

"No, but O'Neill's life-force was still there. You see he is well. Is he not?" Diama gestured towards O'Neill.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm okay. I'm okay. I want to know about Ptah-sek-ani and his plans." Jack waved Janet's demands down.

Another glider shrieked overhead and shot at something in the distance.

Diama looked up, her delicate features darkened. An expression of pure hatred set over her face. She tightened her lips and looked at O'Neill.

"Look inside of yourself." She said to him.

"Huh? For what?" O'Neill's eyes narrowed in suspicion.

"Your true purpose."

"I have no true purpose except to get my people out of here safe and alive. With or without your help." O'Neill snapped. He went to the door and glanced down the charred and littered street, then to the darkening sky.

Night was coming fast.

"Does Jack retain any of the knowledge of the Araraan or was that removed when you..ah..transcended back into your body." Daniel said involuntarily looking to the sarcophagus.

Diama turned to look at Daniel. Her jade green eyes glittering.

Daniel saw that same strange thing in Jack's eyes earlier.

"Ask him." She said softly.

"I thought you said you were gone. Out of him totally." Sam broke in. She moved to her commander's side and drew her weapon.

Diama smiled slightly. Her hands moving towards O'Neill.

"I am. We no longer share a conscious mind together. He is he, and I am me."

Teal'c frowned at O'Neill.

"O'Neill, she had given you the knowledge of the Araraan people, has she not?" He asked, suddenly realizing the entire truth.

O'Neill continued to stare outside. He knew all eyes were on him. Staring holes through his back. Demanding answers he was not ready to provide. Damn it! It just wasn't fair! She was supposed to take her luggage with her. He never asked for this. Didn't want it! And still didn't.

Sam watched as her commanding officer's expression tightened. His lips thinned out and his eyes pinched with pain. She reached across the doorway and touched his arm.

"Sir, is that true? Because if it is, you are in great danger."

O'Neill would not look at her. He was afraid to search for the information in fear that it was true. He truly hoped not.

Jacob walked over to Diama. He reached out and touched her arm. Yes, she was indeed La'e'ka. Tor/Natar was not. Maybe she was the only La'e'ka among her people. That would make sense considering what he has learned so far.

She looked away from O'Neill. Diama's eyes briefly glanced to Jacob's hand, then to his face.

" I cannot allow Ptah-sek-ani to obtain our technology. True, we did betray the Goa'uld. It was our intention all along. They have no idea how far it goes. They will find out. I should have known the Goa'uld would destroy us when they found out about the deception. I am directly responsible for the destruction of our world and the death of my people. As well as the...." She stopped suddenly, her face pinched with pain. She looked over to O'Neill.

"That wasn't your fault and you know that!" O'Neill said harshly.

"I could have saved them." Diama began to cry softly. She slowly dropped to her knees. Jacob grabbed her arms and eased down with her. He looked at O'Neill in question.

O'Neill frowned ruefully. His dark eyes soft with remorse. He turned his attention to Sam and Janet. "Her children, Ptah-sek-ani took her children."

Janet looked at the crying woman on the floor. Her heart tightened. She remembered from O'Neill's report about two little girls.

Jacob wrapped his arms around the sobbing woman and held her.

"God." Daniel whispered, his blue eyes wide.

Another glider came overhead and fired on a building close by. The ground shook with the blast. Fragments of ceiling fell around them.

"Damn it!" O'Neill shouted angrily.

"They are not sure where we are, just that we are somewhere in the vicinity. But we must find shelter, or upon the next volley, this building will crumble down on top of us." Teal'c said hefting his staff weapon.

"Teal'c is right sir. We have to get to the Stargate." Sam glanced outside for another glider.

"Diama, can you travel?" Jacob asked helping her up.

"Yes, of course I can." She wiped her hand across her eyes in a curiously child like manner.

"Diama, is there anything here we can use for defense?" O'Neill waved his hand about the room.

The slight woman nodded slowly. "Yes, I can show you." She gestured to the back of the room, passed the sarcophagus.

"What is it?" Teal'c asked curiously.

"It is a defense shield. We have never used it, but now is as good a time as any." Diama smiled suddenly.

"Sounds like something Jack would say." Daniel observed wryly.

"Yes, it does, doesn't it." She looked at O'Neill fondly.

"Folks, lets go and find out if it works." O'Neill motioned to the back of the room. "Teal'c, watch our backs."

Teal'c stood at the doorway. He nodded in response.

The rest walked around the sarcophagus to a wall. Diama reached out and firmly pressed her hands against the wall.

O'Neill blinked. He remembered seeing her do that very thing when trying to escape Natar.

The wall fell away revealing a large dark room.

Diama stepped into the room. She raised her right hand and the room lit up. It was a command center, fully equipped with terminals, panels of controls, stuff mounted on the walls and long curving tables that used to house a half a dozen people.

Daniel stepped into the room and began to peer about curiously. There was strange computer systems embedded into the dark colored walls. It was very complex, complicated looking equipment. He walked over to the wall and looked up. This was no different than any other control center and yet, it still looked alien. He turned around to find Jack standing directly behind him. Staring at the wall.

"I remember this." He muttered.

"Uh Jack, how could you remember this? You've never been here before." Daniel asked.

"Yes he has. Through me." Diama stepped around Daniel to Jack. Her right hand reached out and touched Jack's face. "You do remember, don't you?"

Jack broke away from her and spun around, away from the woman. He took in the whole room. He opened his hands to encompass what he saw. "All of this, I know it. I have been here before."

"No Colonel, you've never been here. It's just memories of Diama. Isn't that true?" Sam turned to the woman. She was rapidly losing what little patience she had with this woman. She could not understand what sort of control the woman had over her commander.

Diama cocked her head towards Carter, her eyes glittering. "I did not believe it would linger so. But for now, my experiences, or at least until the link wears off, are his experiences." She turned back to O'Neill, who was now staring at her with confused eyes.

"And how long will that be? I thought once you vacated my body, all of your memories would be gone. Now I find that's not the case. I know everything that happened in this room. You were planning to destroy the Goa'uld."

Jacob's brow's rose in surprise. Could she have done it? Was the Araraan technology advanced enough to destroy the Goa'uld race? How? What were they doing here?

"You have a method of destroying the Goa'uld? How?" Jacob asked.

Janet watched O'Neill carefully. He appeared to be somewhat unnerved by still having Diama's memories. He was moving back and forth in front of the woman, clearly agitated, his hands moving restlessly.

Diama watched the gray haired man pace the floor. He was the one. He just didn't know it yet. She wanted to calm him, to assure him that all was well, but he was far too upset to reason with logically. She could sense his confusion and anger. And he was so tired.

"O'Neill, it was never my intention to leave you with any residual memory. The link must be very strong between us. To much of my subconscious memory must have blended with your subconscious memory, leaving a powerful trace of history." She shrugged slightly.

"No, that is not the entire truth here. You are not sure about this, are you? You need my help in defeating Ptah-sek-ani. That was the reason for us coming to this place! To lure him here so you could destroy him. You were waiting for him." O'Neill jabbed a finger in her direction, his dark eyes flushed with anger.

"Is that true?" Daniel asked Diama.

"How do you plan to destroy Ptah-sek-ani?" Teal'c asked as another glider zoomed low overhead. He moved closer into the room.

"What do you have that could destroy the Goa'uld?" Jacob pressed.

Sam had gone to the front earlier and conferred with Teal'c. The gliders were now circling the area.

"Sir, they are no longer firing on us, but they haven't gone away either." She said quietly.

O'Neill broke away from Diama. His thoughts were jumbled and confused. His head pounded with each and every breath he took. He gritted his teeth and looked at Carter.

All eyes were on him.

Waiting.

He knew Diama had a weapon. It was so powerful, so destructive that even the Goa'uld were fearful of it.

And its existence was but a whisper.

A rumor.

A truth.

Ptah-sek-ani wanted it desperately. Because he knew it could destroy him and his kind.

Diama might have held all the cards, but O'Neill knew he was her ace.

"Yeah, they're waiting. They are not sure what to do since we have not returned fire. They fear we could draw them into a trap. After all, we did bring a few of those mother's down.' O'Neill mused.

"Has Major Taylor made it out of the city yet?" Carter asked.

"I don't think so. When it gets dark, they will leave the city. We will be responsible for diverting the gliders away from them." O'Neill was thinking that they had to divert the gliders so Mike Taylor and SG-4 could get out of the city.

"And how do you propose to divert the gliders?" Daniel asked round eyed.

"You already have. O'Neill, your other people are free to go. The Goa'uld are not interested in them, only in us." Diama answered looking at Daniel.

"Us?" Daniel turned and gave her a hard look.

"Yes, us." She shot back.

"Hold it folks, my question has yet gone unanswered. What weapon do you have that has the potential of destroying the Goa'uld? Now don't get me wrong here, I have been very impressed by what you have done so far, it's just, a Goa'uld destroyer is rather tantalizing. Especially to those of us who fight the Goa'uld everyday." Jacob spoke up moving towards the Araraan.

"Ah, the Tok'ra. Yes, you are correct. It is tantalizing. It is my best creation yet. Unfortunately, it was created out of grief and anger. It is not a weapon I would wish to share with you, for it's destructive powers are far greater that any ever created. I have some shame for creating such a thing." Diama met Jacob's dark eyes. Her green eyes soft with grief.

"But not to much, or you would have never opted to use it." O'Neill said quietly.

"O'Neill, have you the knowledge of what this weapon might be? Would I have seen such a thing?" Teal'c asked fascinated.

"Yes, I know of it and no you have not seen it. I know how she plans to use it. And all I can say about that plan, is that it's insane." O'Neill dark eyes flashed angrily. He moved about agitated and ended up standing between Sam and Janet.

"How do you plan to use it?" Sam asked looking at her commander. She didn't like the way he looked. It was like he was about to drop in his tracks. She glanced to Janet. Who met her eyes with concern.

"We must get on the ship." Diama said.

"What? Have you lost your mind? Daniel asked startled.

"No, it is the only way it will work."

"We have destroyed Goa'uld warships before. We know how to do that. What makes this weapon so different?" Sam questioned, looking now to her father.

"It has nothing to do with destroying the ship."

"It has to do with destroying the symbiote." Jacob said suddenly.

"I must be in the proximity of a Goa'uld in order for this to work."

"Wait, what about Teal'c and Jacob? They both have symbiote. It would destroy them as well." Janet said worriedly.

"As well as myself. They cannot go. They must stay here."

"You're talking about suicide." Janet accused.

"Yes, I am. That is where O'Neill comes in. He currently carries all my knowledge and understands exactly what is to be done."

"No. You are asking us to surrender to the Goa'uld." O'Neill said frowning.

"You know it will work. We can destroy all of them with this weapon. Quickly, quietly and without their knowledge. It is virtually undetectable."

"What the hell is it? A poison? A virus? What?" Daniel asked looking hard at the woman.

"A contaminate through the air. They would inhale it and within moments the Goa'uld would be dead, leaving the host free."

"To destroy the symbiote in the Jaffa, would insure their death. The symbiote is their immune system. You know that without it, they would perish." Teal'c said disturbed.

"So it would Teal'c. For that I am sorry. There is the problem, they do serve Ptah-sek-ani."

"The only way they can survive is with a symbiote."

"I am aware of that. Forgive me if I am not overly sympathetic to the Jaffa. But those very Jaffa are responsible for the death and destruction of my people and my world. I see you served Apophis, did you not obey his orders, no matter how horrific they were?" Diama gestured sadly, her beautiful face reflecting her feelings. She watched the Jaffa struggle with his reply.

"I no longer serve Apophis. He was a false God. And yes, there were many times, that I, as his First Prime, was ordered to commit terrible acts against people. I hated it. I hated doing it, as I hated him." Teal'c said vehemently.

"And yet, here you are with this group of Tau'ri and Tok'ra. Enemies of the Goa'uld." She waved her hand towards Daniel and Sam. Her eyes on Jacob.

"He made that choice to save our lives." O'Neill said harshly. "Like he says, he no longer serves the Goa'uld."

"Yes, a brave thing to do. One wonders, if all Jaffa, if they had that choice, would make the same decision. However, these Jaffa still follow their God and they still commit cruel and heinous acts."

"Okay, now what? It's getting dark outside. How will the Goa'uld understand our surrender." Daniel asked.

"I have communication devices that can signal the mother ship. I will speak to Ptah-sek-ani myself."

"Just like that?" Jack asked suddenly angry.

"This is crazy." Janet announced.

"What makes you think he can trust you? He knows you have superior weapons. Wouldn't he suspect a trap?" Sam said. She had to agree with Janet. This woman was a real fruit basket.

"Of course he would suspect a trap. We call him up and say we give up, come and get us. I would be highly suspicious. I don't know how long you have been in that box lady, but I think it has been way too long." O'Neill remarked. He moved about the room restlessly. He knew what she wanted to do. All of it. He had done some crazy thing in the past, sometimes on purpose, sometimes on the spur of the moment, but she intends to destroy the Goa'uld. This would be devastating for those who were not Goa'uld, but were incubators for the snakeheads. Or even the Tok'ra. Jack shuddered slightly. Not that he cared for the Tok'ra, but Sam's dad was one of them.

"Ptah-sek-ani would be suspicious. You are correct O'Neill. But, this creature has other agenda's unlike any other Goa'uld. He would put his own pleasures before that of conventional wisdom." Diama made a face and turned away. She thought of her mate Tor.

O'Neill hit his radio. "Mike, what is your twenty?" He turned away.

The radio came alive with Taylor's voice.

"Hi there, Colonel. We are on the outskirts of the city. This is really weird. We have had no glider action for the last thirty minutes. What's the deal."

"Yeah, well according to Diama, the Goa'uld Ptah-sek-ani is not interested in you. You know, she is now where she is suppose to be, ya know, in her body instead of mine." O'Neill had moved to the front of the building and was speaking softly into the mike.

"Do you trust her?" Mike asked.

"I dunno. I still have some of the residual memories. Some are really strong. Now that she is free, I think I know what she is planning to do."

"Really? What would that be?" Mike voice sounded relaxed.

"She plans to take out the Goa'uld."

"No shit?"

O'Neill could hear the disbelief in Mike's voice.

"Yeah, no shit." O'Neill answered suddenly tired.

"Okay, what are our orders?" Mike answered down to business.

"Get back to the Stargate. If we are not back in 24 hours, send help."

"Uh, why 24 hours? Why not let us get help now? It's obvious we have the Gould stalking us. I suppose you are going to wait to tell me the plan." There was the slightest hint of impatience in the Major's voice.

"Trust me on this one. Wait 24 hours. I know what I'm doing."

"Yes sir. We can do that. What about Whemby?"

"You really want a honest answer?"

"Uh, well, I see Smythe sharpening up his knife and Craft checking his rifle, no..no, I suppose not."

O'Neill smiled to himself. "Turn him over to Hammond. Tell Hammond everything. I want that stupid bastard out of the SGC pronto."

"Gotca. Are you certain you don't want us on your six?"

"I would like that, but no. I need you elsewhere. I've got a good team here. Just let Hammond know what is going on. I need you to do this Mike."

"Yes sir. And Jack..." Taylor hesitated.

"Yeah Mike?"

"Be careful."

"Back at you."

Taylor cut the transmission. O'Neill turned around and returned to the others. He had a bad feeling about what was about to occur.

Chapter Nineteen

Ptah-sek-ani listened to the message for the third time. He frowned and paced the floor. He was in the big command center of the ship. Every now and then he would glance at the front view screen and glare at the moon.

What was she up to?

He walked back to the command chair and flopped down. He mulled over the message.

She was alive!

He impatiently tapped his fingers on the arm of the chair.

All that valuable knowledge was now at his disposal. And she was surrendering to him.

A trap. Surely this was some kind of trap. She claimed to have several Tau'ri and Tok'ra.

What is she up to? She had betrayed him before and could very well do it again.

Ptah-sek-ani ran his large hand through his long thinning hair. These creatures brought down five of his gliders. Good pilots in each one. Did they run out of fire power and knew they could not escape? No, no, not possible.

O'Neill. He was with her. Which means her conscious mind is gone from him. Which also means her knowledge of the Araraan culture is housed within her own form again.

What of his value? Ptah-sek-ani scrubbed a hand over his face. Perhaps as a Jaffa. The Goa'uld raised his bushy brows. Did he have any residual memory? Ahh.. there could be a great possibility that he does. Must find out. Ptah-sek-ani shifted his bulk and smiled slightly. Daniel Jackson. Ah, so sweet. Intelligent, but not a warrior as O'Neill. Ptah-sek-ani stirred in his massive chair. Beautiful eyes. He licked his thick lips in anticipation. Perhaps he would have them both. Perhaps he could locate the Tau'ri homeworld. Or knowledge of other pathetic races he could control. They are weak creatures and easy to dominate. He sat and thought of the two Tau'ri men for another moment. He did not have much experience with this strange race. He had grilled his Jaffa about these people, and none of them had much to say except that they had the Shol'va Teal'c among them. He tried other contacts and still came up empty handed. What he did know was that this particular group was directly responsible for the deaths of Ra, Seth, Apophis, Heru-ur, Hathor, Sokar and other minor lords. O'Neill! He cursed that name. That Tau'ri was responsible. He was their leader. These creatures were inferior to the Goa'uld, and yet,...and yet, clever enough to escape the Goa'uld many times over. They managed to befriend the Nox, Asgaard and Tok'ra. The stupid Tollen did themselves in. Fools. This was indeed a curious race.

Ptah-sek-ani needed the Araraan female, he wanted Natar within his fold again, he could be somewhat useful against the Araraan woman. He desired the Tau'ri Daniel Jackson, and wanted to control and command the warrior O'Neill. If Teal'c is with them, then he would celebrate the painful death of a traitor. A Tok'ra could possibly provide information concerning their stronghold. Yes.

Yes.

He stood up and slammed his hand down on the control panel.

"Talmek, Report!" He growled. He would send the transport rings to gather the waiting creatures. A support group of gliders would cordon off the area to ensure no stragglers would escape. He nodded to himself as he heard Talmek answer his page.

"My Lord Ptah-sek-ani. I am here to serve." Talmek's voice boomed out.

"Yes, I'm sure you are. We just received a message from the Araraan female."

There was silence on the other end. Then Talmek's voice came through with a hint of unease.

"I was under the impression that she was dead." He said tonelessly.

"Ah, and so she was. Apparently there is a sarcophagus on the moon. She must have been placed in it after her death." Ptah-sek-ani mused.

"But, her chip was downloaded into the Wall of Grief. She was without consciousness." Talmek carefully argued.

"The Tau'ri O'Neill was imprinted with her memories. Somehow they were capable of communicating at a much higher level. Enough that it brought them there. But that does not matter now. I want that woman and the Tau'ri. And whoever else is down there with them. I want them all. She has offered their surrender."

"Surrender?" Talmek's voice held a thread of disbelief. That was not like the Tau'ri to just up and surrender.

"Yes. I want all gliders in that area and cordon off all escape routes. No one comes in or out. Then I want six of your best Jaffa to accompany you to the surface."

The view screen became a map. The area of the transmission zoomed forward. Talmek watched from his station. He leaned in and peered at the picture.

"Use the transport system to bring me those beings. Natar is located in this building." The screen changed and another structure came into view.

"Bring him to me as well. He might be somewhat useful." Ptah-sek-ani's voice came across as bored.

"You desire the Tau'ri?" Talmek asked.

"Yes, we want the Shol'va and the Tok'ra. We believe they might have additional information, plus they do hold some value to other system Lords." Ptah-sek-ani smiled to himself. He knew that from Talmek's screen, he could see the area clearly. He also knew Talmek would obey whatever he asked him to do.

After all, Talmek was his First Prime.

Talmek answered slowly. "My Lord, they will be armed."

"So will you. What would be the point of attacking a small group of Jaffa? They have nothing to gain by surrendering, then assaulting those who comes to retrieve them. No, I do not believe you would have a problem. Go now." Ptah-sek-ani's voice brooked no argument.

"Yes My Lord. At once." Talmek heard the transmission end. He turned away and saw his younger friend Cristis standing behind him."

"Canow is dead." He said flatly.

"Yes, I know. I am sorry my friend. The Tau'ri used an Araraan weapon that was unknown to us. I grieve for him as well." Talmek reached out and grasped the shoulder of Cristis. He squeezed it tightly for a moment then released his hand.

"What did that beast want?" Cristis spat out, not caring if he was heard of not.

"He desires us to capture the Araraan and the Tau'ri. The Shol'va Teal'c and Tok'ra are with the humans." Talmek moved away towards the door.

Cristis hand shot out and he grabbed the older man's arm. His gold eyes were intense with anger.

"Is Teal'c so much a Shol'va? Did he not break away from a cruel master? Are we so different in the way we think?"

"Hush Cristis, this is your youth speaking. If they hear you talk in such a manner, they will kill us both." Talmek hissed.

"Sometimes I think death would be preferable over the falsehoods that I follow. Am I truly what a Jaffa should be when I bring my companions to be defiled by that abomination?" Crisis's eyes flashed with anger.

"No, of course you are right." Talmek tried placating the younger man.

"How long will we continue like this?" Cristis released Talmek's arm. He forced himself to relax. He watched the destruction of Canow's ship. He had been flying right flank to Canow. He had watched the Tau'ri O'Neill lift his arm and with one blast brought the vessel down. The creature boldly stood in the middle of the street. He knew what the weapon was capable of. But not the Jaffa in those gliders.

He did not blame O'Neill, but rather Ptah-sek-ani.

"Cristis, we serve Ptah-sek-ani." Talmek reminded.

Cristis broke away from his reverie and frowned at his friend. "Not because we chose to. I will go with you to the surface. I want to see what Ptah-sek-ani values so much that he would willingly send his men into a possible trap."

"Very well my friend. I will not lie, I could use your help, all I can say is, be prepared."

Chapter Twenty.

Natar was curled up in a corner of the room. He was glaring at Lian. Ptah-sek-ani was coming for him.

Coming for him!

Ptah-sek-ani had relayed a message of sorts a few moments ago to be prepared.

He knew the Goa'uld Lord would sooner or later come for him.

He feared this creature. He served his God..but...

Ptah-sek-ani must never know he had grave doubts about all this. For if he had an inking....Natar suddenly shuddered.

Lian sharply looked at the Goa'uld. For the last hour, the creature was quiet. Too quiet. Natar would either stare at the floor or glare uselessly at him. Lian frowned. He found no particular reason or use for this Goa'uld. And he figured neither would the System Lord Ptah-sek-ani. But Jacob wanted Natar alive. If it was up to Lian, he would remove the Goa'uld and set the host free. But it wasn't up to him. Out of the corner of his eye he saw the Goa'uld stir.

"He is coming for me." Natar hissed.

Lian looked at Natar disgusted. He almost wished Ptah-sek-ani would come and get him. He had been a pain the entire time he had been a captive. He would not be sorry to see him go.

"You do not believe me. Maybe that is good. The other's, they have surrendered to my master already. The Jaffa is coming to get them. You wait, they are coming."

Natar had the sneer thing down well.

Lian digested the news with removed interest. Natar could be goading him into hailing Jacob. Then again, he does have a transmitter device in his chest. The Tok'ra's eyes slid down to Natar's chest.

"That's right Tok'ra! That is how I know!" Natar crowed pounding his chest.

Lian thumbed his communication device quickly.

"Jacob!" He said trying to keep his voice level.

"Lian? What is it?" Jacob replied quickly.

"What have you done?"

"Trust me Lian, just trust me." Jacob harshly whispered.

"Natar claims that Ptah-sek-ani is coming for him. He says he knows this via the communication device in his chest."

"Holy Hannah! Lian, Zat the bastard and get out now!" Jacob shouted.

At that moment.....a wall of rings dropped down. In the time it took Lian to turn to a now rising Natar to Zat him, the Jaffa were out and moving. Lian spun on his heels and hit the first guard in the chest. He went to writhing on the floor. Everything in the room slowed to a crawl. All sound died. Lian turned and saw the Jaffa raise the staff. Lian looked at the strange hood the Jaffa wore. Lian lifted his Zat again. Somewhere deep inside a voice cried out, it was his symbiote, Reyfel. It was a warning more than anything else. He saw the staff weapon flare, that familiar sound...the noise as a volley was released..then..he pointed the Zat and released a round as the staff weapon was fired.

There was no sound in the room.

Lian saw Natar out of the corner of his eye. The Goa'uld was scuttling out of the way, falling terrified to his knees more than once. Lian blinked as the round from the staff weapon hit him square in the chest, knocking him over backwards with tremendous force. But not before he saw his Zat encompass the Jaffa. There was pain. A strangled cry from Reyfel.

Lian fell, crashing to the floor, still convulsively gripping the Zat. He lifted his head once more and shot the Jaffa again. Then dropped to the ground dying.

We cannot heal this Lian! Reyfel conveyed sadly.

"So we die." Lian said outloud.

One of the Jaffa roughly pulled the Tok'ra to his feet.

"Are there anymore here?" He asked gruffly.

Lian began to laugh softly and then coughed harshly. "Thousands...there are thousands of us here."

The Jaffa released the Tok'ra as if he was on fire.

Lian fell to the floor. He faintly hoped that Selmak and the other's would fare better than he had.

Natar ran behind the fourth Jaffa and watched with satisfaction as Lian died.

"There are others. They are that way." Natar said pointing to the door.

"We know that, you are to go to the ship." He shoved the Goa'uld away from him. Then the Jaffa pressed a button on the armband he wore to initiate the rings. The first Jaffa that was zatted was being helped to his feet. He was still suffering from the effects of the Zat blast.

"Take them back and return with three more Jaffa. He,' the Jaffa pointed to Lian, ' was expendable, the Tau'ri and the Araraan woman are not. At least for now."

The Jaffa turned to look at his First Prime. He lowered his hood. "Talmek, what of the Shol'va?"

"Cristis, capture if possible, destroy is necessary. Is that understood?"

"Yes, wait here, I will return shortly." Cristis pulled his fellow Jaffa up his, encouraging him to lean on him. Natar stood behind them, his bright blue eyes intense with anger.

How dare they treat me like a lower caste creature! Don't they know who I am? He thought furiously. They will pay for their insubordination!

The rings lowered down, encasing the people, then swallowed them, pulling them to the starship.

Talmek watched the rings disappear. He lowered his hood and turned to look at the Tok'ra with mixed emotions. Fool creature. No, scratch that. He went fighting. A far nobler death. It is Natar he would like to kill. That is as worthless a Goa'uld there is. Why Ptah-sek-ani chooses to keep him around is beyond his understanding. He walked over and reached down and pulled the body of the dead Jaffa to the far wall. He leaned against the wall, suddenly tired.

He had misgivings about this whole mission. About this place. And about these people.

He frowned and glanced again at the decreased Tok'ra. Something was not right. Maybe it was the timing. Or maybe, this is the way it is suppose to be and he needs to let it happen. Prophecy.

Chapter Twenty One.

O'Neill waited and it was something he did not do well. He looked at his people. They were uneasy. Jacob had just received a disturbing call from Lian.

From the sounds of it, Lian got into a fire-fight. They could hear the unmistakable sound of the ring transport system and a Zat being fired. Lian had left his Comm on. They heard everything. Including Lian's final words..... 'so we die'.

Jacob was ready to dart for the door when O'Neill and Daniel restrained him. Forcibly.

O'Neill recognized the look of anguish on Jacob's face. Lian was attacked and was probably dead. By the time they got there, Natar would be gone and Lian either dead or dying and a whole lot of Jaffa waiting for them. As a military man, Jacob understood these things happen when you are at war. Do not go into a situation if there was no possible way of winning or salvaging something. It was a no win situation. Lian knew that when he fired the Zat.

Jacob heard the sound of the staff weapon and Lian's dying gasp. So we die.

Cut your losses and go. There are other's that need your leadership, expertise and help. O'Neill had faced this hard realization many times. He grimaced remembering a time he left a mortally wounded Daniel behind on a Goa'uld mother ship. He unconsciously looked at his friend.

Daniel was already looking at his friend. He knew what the older man was thinking. Maybe because they had been around each other for all these years? He smiled slightly at Jack. It's okay. He relayed with his blue eyes. He saw Jack's brown eyes soften. Yeah, he understands Jack's anguish. Daniel looked to Sam, who was standing next to Jack.

She didn't trust O'Neill's actions or Diama's?

Jack had been through too much recently. He just exorcised Diama's consciousness from his psyche. Daniel had every reason to believe that his friend was far from being okay. He actually looked like he was hanging on by a thread. A very thin thread at that. Daniel eased over to where Jack was standing.

Tightly wound.

Way way too tightly wound.

"Jack? Was Lian attacked?"

Jack looked at Daniel. His eyes not quite focused. "Yeah, sounds like it doesn't it. Sounds like Jaffa." He jerked his head towards Diama. "Teal'c, Jacob, get the hell out of here! Now!"

The two men looked at O'Neill startled. Jacob removed the expression of grief from his face. O'Neill was frantically waving his hands to the back towards the sarcophagus.

"There is an exit through that area. Hurry, get going." O'Neill motioned Sam and Janet away from them.

"W..what?" Jacob asked starting to move towards the doorway.

"We are in grave danger if the Jaffa find us." Teal'c said grabbing Jacob's arm and pulling his towards the sarcophagus.

Jacob looked at Sam.

"Go Dad, we will be okay." She said catching the urgency in her commander's voice.

Diama was already in the room showing them they way out. The command center was lit up. There was an open doorway. She guided them to it and pointed. "Go there to the tunnel. It will take you down and out several streets away. As soon as you exit the tunnel, turn to your left and there is a smaller more compact command center. It is a vantage point as you can track us on the mother ship. Here is a communication device, attach it to the largest panel. It will tell you step by step what to do. Send no messages or activate anything other than what it commands you to do. Remember, you are both dead to us, having died in one of the strafing raids." She tilted her head to one side and looked hard at the Jaffa.

"Understood. We will do as you wish." Teal'c said dropping into the tunnel.

Jacob met Diama's brilliant green eyes. "What are you going to do?"

"Destroy all the Goa'uld on that ship, then destroy the ship."

"You will die as well." He said as she pushed him towards the tunnel.

"Diama? How will our people get out of there?" He said stepping into the tunnel.

"Do not concern yourself, they will be safe. Go!" She pointed into the tunnel.

Jacob took one hard look at her and turned away, running, running to safety and leaving his daughter and the remainder of SG-1 to face Ptah-sek-ani. He felt like a coward, but realistically he had no choice. He had a feeling something else was up. She had plans for he and Teal'c as well.

Diama closed the room off. She knew they would force her to open it because of the sarcophagus in there, but they would never find the sealed opening. When all was done she would demand that O'Neill destroy what was here. She wanted everything wiped clean. The only history that would remain would be the Wall of Grief. Her people and their sad history would finally be at rest.

She stepped into the room.

The humans in the room turned to look at her. She noted the various expressions. There was Daniel with anticipation, Carter with concern and the healer Janet with worry.

O'Neill.... O'Neill.... She walked directly over to him. He did not move. She placed both hands on his face and looked into his dark troubled eyes. There was total silence in the room, then she broke away and stepped back.

O'Neill had a dazed, painful expression on his face.

"God, you're kidding me." He whispered harshly. He was staring at her. His features twisted in horror.

"No, I am not. We don't have much time. Promise me you will do it! Promise me!" She whispered back.

"I don't know..I don't think I can do that." He stammered, moving backwards to a wall. His back tapped the wall. He was going no further.

"You can, you must. Please, you know why it must be done." She reached out and grabbed his right hand, she pressed a small round electric blue object into his palm.

He looked down at it confused. Then gasped outloud in pain.

It burned like fire. He watched in fascination as it vanished into his skin. His knees gave out and he sunk to the ground grasping his right hand.

"Shit, that hurts!" He bent over moaning.

Janet leaped forward and roughly shoved the Araraan away. She dropped to the floor and pulled O'Neill's hand to her.

"Let me see Colonel. Let me see your hand." She said urgently.

Diama watched quietly.

Sam reached out and grabbed the alien woman by her arm and jerked her around. The Major's face was brimming with anger.

"What did you do to him?" She demanded. She so wanted to shake this woman. Sam looked to her commander. Daniel was by his side.

O'Neill had slowly stood up. He gently waved Daniel off. Janet had his hand in hers and was inspecting it closely. The palm had been a bright red shade and hot to the touch, but in the few seconds that passed, the redness and pain all but vanished. She looked at O'Neill.

"What happened here?" She asked him.

Sam pulled Diama to her and hissed. "If you have hurt one damn hair on his head, I promise you I will personally kick your ass. Is that understood?"

"Absolutely. But he is not hurt. Ask him." She gestured with her free hand to O'Neill.

"I want to know what you placed in his hand." Janet demanded.

"It is a communication device. Quite harmless. Actually, it is not suppose to cause pain, but Araraan and human physiology is quite different. For that, I apologize. But he will be alright." She smiled slightly to O'Neill.

O'Neill was already up and moving, glancing down every now and then to his palm.

"No, I'm okay. Really. She's right." O'Neill nodded to his SIC.

Who nodded back and released her grip on the Araraan.

"Why would you put a communication device in Jack?" Daniel asked peering down at O'Neill's open hand. It appeared unscathed.

"Because the Jaffa will strip you of everything, including your communication devices. I am certain they will separate us. We must have a way of contacting each other."

"Do you have more of those?" Daniel asked.

"One more." She said looking at Daniel curiously.

Daniel looked at Jack, who frowned in turn. He knew what Daniel was thinking.

"How does this thing work?" Jack asked suddenly.

Diama slowly smiled.

Jack blushed furiously.

Sam suddenly had that urge to choke the woman again.

"Uh...uh..okay. I get it. Non-verbal. That'll work." O'Neill turned to Daniel. "It hurts like hell when it penetrates the skin."

"It would be good to have someone else with a communication device. It is organic and will dissolve in time. We would use in cases such as this one." Diama explained to Daniel.

"Sir? I volunteer to have the device. If command is to be split, we would need to communicate with each other." Sam said. She stared at the alien woman, daring her to belabor the point.

O'Neill had already considered that option. He figured it would not take her long to volunteer. For more than one reason.

"Okay, Sam it is. Remember, it hurts like a son-of-a-bitch."

Diama turned to the other woman and produced another disc. She held Carter's hand tightly and placed the disc in the palm of her hand. O'Neill frowned suddenly. That disc was purple, not blue! Before he could protest, the disc sank into her hand.

Even though she was prepared for the pain, the intensity of the pain took her by surprise.

"Ahhh!" She cried out and went to the floor, pulling her hand into her chest.

O'Neill was already by her side. She buried her head in his chest and moaned painfully.

"Oh sir, you weren't kidding." She gasped.

"It'll be okay." He said helping her up.

That was true. She was already forgetting the pain and the redness was easing off.

Janet peered at her open palm and saw the same thing. Nothing.

"Are you okay?" She asked.

"I am now. It doesn't hurt anymore."

Daniel walked over and looked at the two soldiers. "Okay folk's, now what?"

"They are coming. Do not behave in a defensive manner. Do whatever they tell you to do. If they believe you would attack them, they will attack you." Diama warned.

"Jack, we must stay together." Daniel said glancing up.

"Yeah." He also looked up, waiting for the rings. He wasn't taking off any of his weapons. They would have to take them from him. They very idea of willingly going unarmed galled him. He walked towards Diama.

"What was that?" He hissed.

"Yours was merely a more powerful communication device. You and I can communicate over a greater distance. I can communicate with you and her but she cannot communicate with me. I did not see the necessity." Diama's green eyes flashed.

Ho-boy, they really don't like each other! O'Neill suddenly realized.

Should have picked Daniel. This was a really stupid move on your part.

He moved to the window and signaled for Sam to move to the other side. He motioned for Janet and Daniel to tuck down behind the downed pieces of equipment.

"They will look at this as an act of aggression." Diama warned.

Then..there was the familiar sound of rings dropping down and the bright light filled the center of the room. Daniel and Janet scattered. Diama stood in the front of the receding rings. Jack and Sam had their P-90's up and drawn.

"Put down your weapons!" A voice boomed from behind them.

Four Jaffa stepped out from the rings, their Zat and staff weapons up. They fanned out, each training a weapon on the small group.

Carter and O'Neill kept their rifles up and ready. O'Neill did not acknowledge the man behind him. He already knew the Jaffa was there. He cut his dark brown eyes to Carter. She kept her eyes concentrated on the Jaffa before them.

"I repeat. Put the weapons down or we will shoot." The Jaffa from behind pushed himself between Carter and O'Neill.

Do not fight them! The thought slammed into O'Neill's mind. He almost said something outloud, but clamped his mouth shut. It was Diama sending a stern warning.

Sam felt the Jaffa squeeze himself between her and her CO. She flashed a look to O'Neill.

O'Neill watched the other Jaffa roughly jerk Janet towards them. He started slightly, a movement towards the doctor.

"Hey!" He heard himself shouting.

And was rewarded with a resounding whack across the back of his head. He felt the blunt end of the staff contacting with his head. There was a brilliant flash of light, pain, and then rapid darkness as he fell heavily to the floor. He remembered thinking that it was really to hurt when he woke up.

Sam had tried to stop O'Neill from racing forward to help Janet. She could see the events unfolding. Damn him! You'd think he'd learn. Before she could grab his arm, she saw, out of the corner of her eye, the staff weapon swinging around and connecting soundly with her commander's head. She heard the sound of the contact. A nasty head rattling sound. He fell immediately, unconscious to the floor. She eased down next to him, watching the Jaffa who struck him. She reached over and checked O'Neill's pulse. Okay. He was out cold. She quickly assessed his injury. He had a rather large bump forming on the back of his head. It had split the skin so it was bleeding.

She returned her attention to the Jaffa who had clobbered O'Neill.

The Jaffa's hood was lowered. He frowned at her.

Sam took in that he was handsome. He had a strange mark on his forehead that she did not recognized. The young Jaffa pointed to O'Neill.

"Get him up or I will kill him." He said harshly.

Daniel raised his hand to get the Jaffa's attention. "Uh? Why don't you let me help him." He looked at Sam. Is he okay?

"I need his help. Allow him to come over and help me." Sam said not moving.

"Go." The Jaffa motioned Daniel over.

Daniel scrambled over and grabbed O'Neill by one arm, Sam grabbed the other, and they pulled the unconscious man up.

"God Jack, you are dead weight!" Daniel groused under his breath.

"Shut up Tau'ri!" The Jaffa roughly jabbed Daniel in the back. "Over there, put him over there!" He pointed to the space where Janet and Diama had been herded.

"Cristis, where are the Tok'ra and the Shol'va Teal'c?" Talmek was standing near Janet.

"I have not seen anyone else other than Natar and that Tok'ra guarding him.' Cristis was staring at the now stirring O'Neill.

"Get him up." Talmek ordered Sam and Daniel.

O'Neill felt hands grabbing his arms and Sam's soothing voice coaxing him to stand. He opened his eyes..slowly. It hurt just to get them to open. His head felt like one big kettle drum and someone was indiscriminately banging away on it. He gritted his teeth and stood up slowly. His legs felt wobbly and his stomach rolled violently upon becoming erect. He nodded to his friends.

"I'm alright. Let me stand alone." He said softly. He turned to glare at the Jaffa. His face set in determination, willing himself not to fall down. Boy, would he feel stupid. He understood that he had to make a stand with this Jaffa since he appeared to be their commander. O'Neill felt like he had to show his authority..ya know.. that Alpha male thing. Jaffa hated it when someone bowed up to them. They like to believe that they are fearful looking. It's that silly outfit they wear and those big honkin' boots. He blinked. Woolgathering O'Neill? That was not a good sign.

"Tauri, where is the Shol'va and the Tok'ra?" Talmek demanded.

"Uh? Don't know." O'Neill looked about. He opened his hands. "Hey, didn't you idiot's kill the Tok'ra?" He looked back at the Jaffa with humorless eyes.

"Then it would be wise to tell us where the Shol'va has gone." Talmek growled ignoring the insult. Cristis had moved up behind O'Neill, Daniel and Carter. He jabbed O'Neill in the back with his staff.

"Hey, easy!" O'Neill hollered.

Sam's eyes cut towards her commander. Daniel rolled his.

"He does not know his location." Diama called out from across the room.

Talmek turned away from O'Neill. He hated the Tau'ri. Especially when they are being belligerent.

"Then who knows? You? We were commanded to bring all back with us. Now, where is he?"

"The Shol'va Teal'c is dead. He was in one of the buildings that your glider's attacked. However, the others have some worth to your master. Is that not why you are here?" Diama had motioned towards O'Neill, Sam and Daniel. She nodded to Janet.

Talmek stared at the petite woman for a long hard moment. He then frowned and jerked his gloved hand to the waiting Jaffa. "Take them to the ship." He turned to the other two Jaffa. "Rael and Tomas, search for the others. Bring them to me. I do not care in what condition. Ptah-sek-ani is waiting."

"And you know how he hates to wait." Cristis muttered.

Jack turned slightly to look at the young Jaffa. That comment was unusual. Just making a comment about his God was unusual. He took in the young warrior's appearance. The young Jaffa was not a bad looking male. Probably would have made a decent soldier in the Air Force. He had that look. O'Neill frowned again. Must have been the blow to the head. His thoughts were wandering all over the place.

"Turn around." Cristis ordered.

Jack raised his hands in defense. "Okay-dokey." He eased back around and caught Daniel's eye. The archeologist was thinking the same thing.

Really odd behavior for a Jaffa.

The Jaffa herded the group to the center of the room. Talmek grabbed Diama's arm.

"He is waiting most impatiently for you." Talmek growled

"Good. I have much to say to him. Let's not waste time here." She replied with a small dark smile.

Talmek released her arm. She was different. Similar to a Goa'uld, but not. There was something very disturbing about this female. He elected not to touch her again.

They stood still and quiet as the rings dropped down and engulfed them, whisking them to the mother ship.

And the abomination waiting for them.

Chapter Twenty Two.

"They are aboard the Goa'uld mother ship." Teal'c announced.

Jacob nodded wordlessly. Diama was correct. He and Teal'c had found the other control room. Might have been difficult without her instructions. It was well hid. So he felt relatively safe in the place. But that did not keep him from worrying about the others and their safety. He hoped Jack kept his mouth to a minimum.

Probably not.

"All of them?" He asked suddenly.

"Yes, it would appear so. I do not understand how she did it, but there appears to be tracking devices on all of our people. I cannot distinguish between which is which." Teal'c frowned as he watched the screen. It had taken him a few moments to figure out how the communication panel operated. Once he did, he readily recognized it as a very advanced form of Araraan technology. One he had not seen before. He inwardly smiled, little wonder the Goa'uld were upset with the Araraans. They were obviously hiding technology from them. He looked up from the massive panel and raised a brow. He noted that Jacob was rapidly scanning the instrumentation as well.

"Very clever this woman. As O'Neill would say, she has screwed the Goa'uld over but good!"

Jacob smiled in response. O'Neill rubs off on everyone. What does Daniel call it? Oh yeah, O'Neillism.

"So, we just sit here and wait? I'm not very good at that, especially when my daughter is on board that mother ship." Jacob pointed upward.

"As are my friends. I have a feeling there is a purpose for us being here. And obviously there will be some communication between her and us. She has a plan, but I do not know what it could be." Teal'c shook his head slowly.

"It's plain to see she plans on destroying Ptah-sek-ani. Not to say those Jaffa would mourn him much. He is not very well liked among his own kind."

"He is an abomination." Teal'c said disgusted.

"I worry about our people. If the Jaffa hate and fear him, there must be a damn good reason." Jacob mused. He wandered about the room taking in all the equipment, thinking how the Tok'ra could use most of this stuff.

"There is. That is why we must find a way to get on that ship undetected."

"How? How do we do that?" Jacob looked at the Jaffa wrinkling his brows.

"I do not know, but taking a page from O'Neill's book of optimism, we will find a way."

Jacob smiled suddenly, remembering a time when Jack protested his pessimistic attitude about getting out of a tight spot. Leave it to Jack to look on the bright side.

"Okay Teal'c. Until that moment, we will monitor their movements from here. I think a little exploring is in line."

"Indeed, this place would drive Major Carter wild." Teal'c glanced about the room thinking about how excited she would be if she saw this room.

"Yeah, you would never get her out of here." Jacob said fondly. He also looked about the control room in appreciation.

"Then we will retrieve them so she can see this room." Teal'c leaned down again, studying the information before him.

Jacob heard Selmak sigh. He knew they needed the Araraan technology. Selmak reminded him multiple times. Bringing the Araraan woman back alive was also a must. Selmak tactfully reminded Jacob that apparently O'Neill still retained much of the Araraan knowledge. He wondered about Jack's cooperation. There were times he could be obstinate about things he did not want to share. Jacob mentally shook his head to Selmak's opinion and decided to check out the rest of the control center.

Teal'c would inform him if anything went awry.

A SG-1 favorite past time.

Chapter Twenty Three

Jack's overly co-operative behavior was at its all time best. He didn't like the way the Jaffa was handling Diama. They were walking down a long corridor adorn with hieroglyphics. He had seen them enough times to recognize some of the symbols. Almost all glorifying their God Ptah-sek-ani. The other glifs were instructions. You know....this way out...watch your helmeted head..check the safety's on your staff weapons...Blah, blah, blah. He cut a look to Daniel, who was quickly reading the symbols. Every now and then he would frown and look at Diama. Jack knew something was amiss, he just could not put his finger on it. He could sense Diama's unease. He looked at her.

She appeared calm, cool and collected. She turned around to peer back at him. Her glittering green eyes sad. She smiled slightly.

The Jaffa grabbed her shoulder and roughly jerked her around.

"Hey, leave her alone!" Jack shouted.

"Jack." Daniel said tightly. His voice bearing a warning. Do you want to get whacked on the head again?

The Jaffa who was herding them to their destination sharply turned around to glare at Jack.

Jack glared back but decided to keep his mouth shut. He felt the pressure of Sam's hand on his arm.

A warning.

He heard Daniel hiss his name. They were both way smarter than him. He ignored the hand and chose to look at the petite doctor. She has seen action before and been around Goa'uld, but not in this kind of situation. It is different when you are on a Goa'uld mothership and surrounded by cranky Jaffa.

Janet caught O'Neill's eyes glancing towards her. Her brown eyes met his in silent affirmation that she was okay and not to worry.

O'Neill noted that and felt somewhat better.

They walked in silence until they reached a large ornate doorway. One of the Jaffa reached over and tapped a symbol on the wall. The carved doors swung inward revealing a huge room.

The Jaffa's pushed the human's into the room.

Daniel stepped into the room first. He gasped. It was easily one of the gaudiest things he had ever seen. It reminded him much of the throne room of Ra. There were gossamer sheets of spun silk like material hanging from the ceiling. The walls of the large room was brightly painted. Daniel peered at them curiously, then blushed furiously. He went to say something to Janet and Sam but realized it was too late. They were both staring in shock at the murals. He turned to look at Jack and Diama, who was standing next to him.

"Well..this is....interesting." Jack said slowly surveying the startling sight.

"Oh God, it's so vulgar." Janet whispered.

Sam slowly turned taking in all the paintings of lurid sexual activities, very graphic and life-like. She swallowed and looked at her CO. It was right at the top of the list of the absolutely worse things she had ever seen. She had been enough Goa'uld ships to know this was not the norm as far as dcor for Goa'uld's.

O'Neill tore his eyes away from the obscene, disgusting sight. He loathed to think what kind of creature would consider this art. He found Sam's eyes and saw the distress in them. The absolute worse part of the paintings, was the fact that the details were unbelievably realistic.

"Jack! Look at this." Daniel said fascinated and appalled at the same time. "What do you suppose this means?" He pointed to the wall.

"It means this Goa'uld is a real pervert, kind of like those Roman's who were so corrupt, ya know, they had pictures on the walls too." Jack muttered nodding to Daniel.

"No, no, you are probably right. It is very possible that there was a Goa'uld among the Roman's. This has several overtures of Roman influence..the ah, baths you know and uh, well..yeah." Daniel was turning about studying the walls now with a historian's point of view.

"Ho boy." Jack muttered.

There was a massive chair that sat in the middle of the room, and a large view screen against one wall. The stars were the only reassuring and normal appearing things in the room. To one side of the room was a bed. A big bed with disturbed sheets.

Janet's brows raised slightly. She had gotten over the shock and disgust and was now watching her people.

Sam was still furiously blushing. Daniel wholly absorbed in studying the walls. O'Neill looking at the walls in disgust, and Diama.... staring at the bed. Janet studied the alien woman for a long moment. She had not had the opportunity to scrutinize her. Diama was human looking enough, but still alien. There was something about her that set her apart from them. Perhaps it is the Goa'uld like creature within her? Wonder if it is a separate entity like the Tok'ra, where they willingly share the body or like the Goa'uld where the host is mute and suppressed. She watched the woman who had forced herself upon O'Neill, at times taking full control of him, almost killing him. Janet noted that the Araraan woman carefully concealed her disgust. The alien woman was taking in every nuance of the room. She appeared to be totally relaxed.

Diama knew the healer was watching her closely. Good. She knew they were waiting for the beast to appear. He will die. He will die by her hands. She smiled briefly.

Janet frowned. What a strange sight. The Araraan woman was smiling. And it wasn't a pleasant smile.

A sound off to her left grabbed her attention. Another massive door was sliding open. Janet's frown deepened and she decided to move towards Jack.

Jack's head whipped about towards the noise. Company!

Beware! It is Ptah-sek-ani! A voice within his head warned.

He did not look her way. No point in giving away their secrets. He did, however, look at Sam.

She was already looking at him. A slight frown playing along her lips. Thinking.

One of the Jaffa stepped forward and roughly shoved Daniel to the floor.

"On your knees!" He barked.

"Why?" Jack turned around and asked.

Diama had already dropped to the floor. She motioned for Janet and Sam to knell as well.

"Our Lord Ptah-sek-ani approaches, you will show obedience to your God! The Jaffa boomed out loudly.

"Not my God." O'Neill murmured. He looked at Daniel. Who nodded in return. O'Neill slowly lowered himself to his protesting knees. He always hated the 'kneeling to the God thing.'

"Be silent! He comes!" The Jaffa pointed his staff weapon towards the open doorway.

O'Neill scanned the room checking out exits, guards and possible weapons. Naturally, they were roughly stripped of their weapons upon entering the rings. The Jaffa left their stuff in the center of the shelled out building they had taken shelter in. That might work to their advantage. Why would they do that? Leave their stuff there? O'Neill frowned. Something is amiss. He continued to study the room, then noted one of the young Jaffa staring at him.

It was one of the soldiers from the moon. The one he thought looked like he would fit right in with any soldier on earth. Clean cut nice looking kid...uh Jaffa. He stared back.

The Jaffa slowly nodded to him. O'Neill had a vivid flashback of a first Prime of Apophis doing that very same thing to him years ago. Teal'c. What's with the nod? He continued eye contact until the Jaffa turned away and faced the door.

"What was that all about?" Daniel leaned over and whispered.

"Dunno. Mighty odd if you ask me." Jack whispered back to his friend.

"What is going on here?" Janet asked to no one in particular.

"It is a simple meet and greet Goa'uld style." Jack received a hard poke to the back for that comment. Oh yeah, the Jaffa jab squad. He thought sourly.

They heard the sound of tromping boots then six Gold armored Jaffa entered. Behind them, came an elaborately dressed Natar. The dark haired Goa'uld was adorned in a long emerald colored gown with a wide gold belt around his narrow waist. He had a wide gold collar around his neck. His gold sandals slapped the floor as he walked into the room. His eyes immediately locked on to the blond woman kneeling in the front of the group. He schooled his reaction. He visibly tightened his lips and hastily moved to the massive throne.

Diama turned and pointedly watched her former mate make his way to the chair. She felt a moment of grief, then quashed any other feelings that might push its way to the surface.

O'Neill felt her sudden grief, then nothing. He frowned to himself. The link was for communication only. Right? He glanced towards her.

My apologies. Sometime strong emotions can come through. Her voice whispered to him.

That almost startled him. He would be so glad when all this other crap filtered away, and he was alone in his head.

She smiled gently with his unintentional thought. Ah O'Neill, you have no idea what is in store for you.

Daniel could sense the Jaffa behind him, only because he was fidgeting.

Fidgeting? A Jaffa?

Daniel watched Natar come into the room. The look of shock, that momentarily played across Natar's face when he saw Diama, was well worth kneeling for. The Goa'uld jerked his head away and stalked towards the throne. Daniel realized, many times before, he had been in this position, kneeling before a wannabe God. It was almost a clich. He smiled inwardly thinking of Jack. Jack probably feels the same way. But, there was still something different here. The Jaffa in the room was disturbed. Almost upset. He dared turned around to study the one standing directly behind him. Daniel heard a noise. Like a gasp, and jerked his head about to the sound.

Oh my God! He thought as he saw the God in question enter the room.

He was huge. Really huge. Daniel involuntarily looked at the throne. Little wonder it was so massive. So is the creature that occupies it!

Ptah-sek-ani entered the room. He always preferred a dramatic entrance. He peered down at the kneeling people. The first person he spied was the traitorous bitch, Diama. He will make her wish she were still lying lifeless in her sarcophagus. He will make her pay and pay and pay for her deceit. He met her startling green eyes with contempt.

She smiled.

It was a sly, knowing smile. Ptah-sek-ani clenched his fists in anger. Oh, she will die slowly and painfully.

But not before he drained her of all the knowledge she hid from him.

He then looked at the small knot of Tau'ri before him.

He walked over to Daniel and leaned over. He studied the young man's face with interest. Ahhh, beautiful eyes. Intelligent eyes. Ptah-sek-ani backed away. Perfect. The young man did not flinch upon being examined. Good. This one holds great promise. Ptah-sek-ani nodded to one of the Jaffa and pointed to Daniel.

The Jaffa that stood directly behind Daniel reached down and grabbed Daniel by the arms and roughly jerked him to his feet.

"Hey, let go! Let go! I'll follow!" Daniel struggled with the larger man.

"Let him go!" O'Neill barked out in the process of rising towards his friend.

"Get down you fool!" A voice behind him hissed.

O'Neill felt a strong hand grip his shoulder and roughly shove him down. He struggled against the hand for a moment knowing it was the Jaffa. This was even odder behavior than the fidgeting Jaffa. What was going on?

Ptah-sek-ani turned his attention to the Tau'ri who had the gall to speak up. He silently assessed the older man. O'Neill. Yes, just as he hoped. Spirited. Even better. He watched as his Jaffa pushed the man back to the ground. The human fought against the movement. The Goa'uld smiled slightly. Yesss. He pointed to O'Neill.

"That one as well. But separate them." He said still smiling. He then turned towards the women.

"Take those two together, but nowhere near them." He gestured at Daniel and Jack.

Sam shot a look to her commander.

Colonel? Are we in touch? She thought hoping the communication device worked.

Yeah, I hear you loud and clear. No worries. Just take care of Janet. We can handle this. Okay? He inwardly smiled with her frantic thought. It was discerning to hear her voice in his head. But certainly no worse than Diama's. He chose not to look at her while they were communicating.

Lastly, Ptah-sek-ani walked over to Diama and stood towering over her. He knew she was not intimidated by him. He stared at her, his dark eyes boring into hers.

She met his glowing eyes with her own glittering eyes.

"So long I have waited." Ptah-sek-ani whispered. He began to walk around her, taking in every detail. "The sweetest moment will come when I rip every bit of data you stole from us. And I will retrieve what is rightfully mine."

Diama lifted her chin and glared at him. "You are pathetic. Your race, as a whole is parasitic and useless. There is a day coming, my Lord, when you will be reduced to what you truly are, a groveling slimy excuse for a species." Diama hissed, her teeth bared in hatred.

"Ah, but we were able to destroy your race, all save for a few we found useful as hosts. I believe your children made wonderful hosts. And of course...." Ptah-sek-ani waved his hand towards Natar.

Who was staring at Diama.

Diama pushed away the pain of knowing that her children were no longer hers. She glanced at her former mate and smiled softly. "Ah Ptah, you think you control us? You believe by putting a snake in our heads that we are under your pitiful command? You are a bigger fool than I first believed. Might I remind you, that I am La'e'ka." She touched her head in amusement.

Ptah-sek-ani's face darkened with anger. "Shut up!" He bellowed. He raised his hand as if to strike her, then in a massive effort of control, he jerked his body around and stomped to his throne.

"Take her away. Take them all away. I will deal with them later." He angrily waved his hand to the door.

Daniel and Jack exchanged puzzled glances. Jack had struggled against the grip of one strong arm Jaffa when Ptah-sek-ani raised his arm to strike Diama. He settled down when he realized the huge Goa'uld wasn't going to hit her. He and Daniel were roughly jerked to their feet and shoved into an open doorway. O'Neill turned around to see what they were doing with the women.

Sam and Janet were being herded in the opposite direction, to a recently hidden doorway. He tried to see which way they were going when a hand slapped him hard against the side of his head. O'Neill heard the explosive sound of the gloved hand meeting the side of his head. He stumbled slightly and saw black spots floating into his field of vision. He willed himself not to fall or black out. His ears were ringing and his jaw was numb. Oh great, he thought, TMJ. He blinked several times to clear his vision. Man that smarted! He opened his mouth slightly and clamped it shut when he spied Daniel's worried expression. He saw the Jaffa push Daniel through the doorway into the hall. He stumbled close behind.

"Jack?" Daniel said softly. He saw the slap coming. He knew that had to hurt. He noted that Jack's head rocked with the blow. Now he probably had a grade one concussion, judging from the stunned look on his friend's face. The amazing thing was how fast Jack recovered. Jack can be absolutely amazing when it comes to jumping back on his feet. Daniel noted there was a trickle of blood gliding down his friend's ear. Uh-oh, that's not good. He tried to speak to his friend.

Jack turned slightly and winked at Daniel.

"I'm okay, don't worry." He said as he was pushed away from Daniel. Jack went to the left and Daniel to the right.

Daniel felt his chest tighten. It wasn't so much fear for himself, but rather fear for Jack. He understood that it wasn't a rational fear. He turned to watch as Jack was herded down the hall. He desperately felt like he needed to stay close to his friend. Something bad was going to happen to him. He pulled away and cried out, " Jack, be careful." He was jerked away and led down the hallway. But before Daniel was out of sight he saw Jack give him a strange wistful look.

"Do not concern yourself for your friend." One of the Jaffa whispered.

"Why?" Daniel did not turn around.

"He is the one we have waited for." The Jaffa said quietly.

"You have waited for him? Jack?" Daniel stumbled slightly and felt a strong hand grab him and right him.

"Keep walking, turn here." The Jaffa pointed to an opening door. He planted his hand in the middle of Daniel's back and shoved him into the room.

Daniel tripped and fell heavily to the floor. He landed on his right hand and felt a searing pain in his wrist. He rolled and grabbed the hand to his chest. He quickly looked up to see the door slam shut. Daniel leaped up and ran to the door. It had sealed itself.

"Hey! Hey!" Daniel shouted as he pounded on the door with his left fist. He backed away from the door. That desperate feeling came back. The pain in his wrist was now sharp. "Great." He muttered as he turned to inspect his cell. Yeah, typical Goa'uld cell. No windows, no furniture, no facilities, nothing. He guessed no one ever stayed long enough to have need of those things. He rubbed his wrist and looked at it. Sprain no doubt. That was the least of his worries.

Chapter Twenty-Four

O'Neill sat sullenly in a corner of his cell. He had investigated the room thoroughly. He combed the walls, floor and ceiling, nothing. The room was sealed tight. His head still rang but not as bad as earlier. It was the frigging headache. It was constant. He rubbed his temples and exhaled loudly. How many more brain cells did he destroy today? His vision was still slightly blurry, but getting better. He worried about concussion. He has had enough of them in his lifetime to know signs and symptoms. That blow to the head was hard. He had felt nauseated earlier but by staying still, the nausea finally abated. He had tried to contact Sam and Diama, but found that he could not. He figured it was due to the smack on the head. He couldn't hear anything over the ringing in his ears. He closed his eyes in exhaustion. Might as will get some rest before the friendly neighborhood Jaffa returned. He began to practice deep breathing exercises, trying to relax. He had to allow the body to rest. He saw a schematic of a weapon float in front of his closed eyes.

His dark eyes flew open.

"Shit! What was that!" He said outloud. He quickly scanned the room. He knew there was listening devices and probably some type of visual, he just hadn't found them yet. He shivered and wrapped his arms around himself. These stupid ships were always cold. They need to push up the thermostat. He shoved himself into a corner and thought warm thoughts. Ever since the Antarctica experience he hadn't been able to tolerate the cold very well. Janet said his thermoregulatory system was off kilter. Fine. Good. Whatever. He wished he could build a fire in the middle of the room. He shivered again. He was cold, hungry and grouchy. Nope, not a good combination. Now the Jaffa was in for it! He was grouchy. He closed his eyes and tried to sleep. It was difficult to sleep when he was so damn cold. And it was getting colder . Maybe the Jaffa liked it cold because of their big honkin' uniforms. He had been in one a time or two and they were cumbersome and hot. Little wonder they sound like Robbie the Robot when they went down the hallway. He suddenly smiled. Jaffa in ballet slippers! Couldn't hear them, huh? Oh, and pink tutu's! That would be a hilarious sight! Teal'c in a pink tutu! Way too funny! O'Neill began to laugh. God! Hammond in tights! No, no, Daniel might pull that off, but never Hammond! No, he was way more the opera singer, yeah, Hammond singing Figaro! O'Neill barked out a hysterical giggle. His eyes flew open and he clamped his hand over his mouth.

What's the matter with me? He thought. This was some of the stupidest things he had ever thought of. He had to be losing his mind, no, check that, he lost his mind years ago. He was losing the air that occupied the space between his ears. Yeah. Lost his mind and can't find it. He began to laugh again.

Stop it! Stop it! He thought trying to sober up. He shook his head and was rewarded by a sledge hammer pounding inside of his head. "Oh God." He moaned. He dropped his head to his knees and began to breathe deeply. Head injury. He was not hit that hard. He'd been hit much harder than that before. Shit, that was a love tap compared to other blows. He tried to contact Sam again and failed. He tried Diama and could only hear the constant throbbing in his head. He knew he had to control his pain. He even tried Kel-no-reem. He needed the rest. He felt like he was on the edge of losing it. He began to shut out all outside stimuli and lower his heart rate. Lower. Slower. Calm...peace...sleep.

Chapter Twenty-Five

"I can't contact him!" Sam cried out frustrated.

"Why not? What seems to be the problem? I thought Diama said you should be capable of non-verbal communication with Colonel O'Neill and herself." Janet had found herself a spot in a corner of the small cell and was trying to get warm. Coming from a desert environment, they had dressed for warmer conditions. This ship was considerably colder.

"She contacted me. Diama claims that she cannot contact the Colonel either." Sam was pacing the floor in front of the Air Force doctor.

Which was making the physician dizzy.

"Willya sit down?" Janet said in a perfect imitation of their subject.

"Uh, sorry. I do this when I'm upset." Sam apologized. She stopped, but did not sit down.

"Look, maybe that blow to the side of his head has something to do with you not being able to contact him. Maybe he has tried contacting you, but is having the same difficulty." Janet motioned with her hand side to side.

Sam nodded. "Which blow to the head? The one that knocked him out or that last pop?"

Both women had seen O'Neill turn around to see where they were going and both had seen the Jaffa slap O'Neill on the side of his head.

Sam had to be restrained to keep from going to him.

"Yeah, that Sonofabitch didn't need to hit him so hard. He wasn't going anywhere."

"I don't believe that was the point of smacking him." Janet reminded her.

"Yeah, they really don't trust him. Nothing like having a universal reputation." Sam smiled slightly.

"Well, you guys certainly are responsible for the demise of many of their Gods."

"Sweet." Sam answered a broad smile gracing her pretty features.

"I am concerned that Colonel O'Neill may have suffered a concussion." Janet said frowning.

"It was a hard enough blow to the head. My not being able to contact him might very well have something to do with that hit. I want to know what Diama has in mind." Sam mused.

"Better be good. This damn place is getting colder." Janet wrapped her arms around herself and shivered.

Sam agreed with a nod. "I don't much like the cold since Antarctica. And I can only imagine the Colonel's reaction to this cold. He usually gripes bitterly if he gets to cold without reason."

"Well, I see no way out of here and I can assure you I don't care for the looks of that big ugly Goa'uld out there." Janet unwound herself and wagged a finger at the sealed doorway.

"I don't think he is interested in us." Sam said distantly.

"Maybe as Jaffa or hosts or slaves?" Janet shivered again.

"No, he is far more interested in Diama."

"And our guys. Did you see his eyes light up when he saw Daniel? And then the way he appraised the Colonel? I tell you Sam, I don't like this at all. This thing is more interested in something other than getting information or making them into hosts. Did you notice how the Jaffa reacted around him?" Janet looked at her friend with intense brown eyes.

Sam took in everything Janet had said. She thought back and realized the physician was right. "Yeah, you're right. They were acting strange. Curious." Sam turned away with a fleeting expression of disgust on her features. "God, those hideous murals on the wall. You don't think....." Sam turned and looked at Janet in horror.

"I do think. I hope not." Janet answered in a shaky voice.

"The Colonel would die before he would allow anyone to touch him in that manner." Sam voiced firmly.

"Maybe. I think Ptah-sek-ani has other plans for him. It is Daniel I am concerned about."

"Oh God, what can we do?" Sam said realizing exactly what Janet was getting at.

"Nothing while we are in here. Try contacting Colonel O'Neill and don't stop until you hear something. Try contacting Diama also." Janet suggested.

"We are in trouble." Sam said closing her blue eyes.

"Yeah, we are in trouble." Janet agreed, thinking about the lurid paintings on that wall. She wondered in Daniel had any inkling of what might happen with that beast. She hoped it was just her imagination and nothing more.

Chapter Twenty-Six

Daniel heard the tromping of boots coming closer to his cell. He listened carefully. Two times already they had come and gone. He found his cell cold. He imagined they were all cold. He paced the floor nervously. This was the strangest group of Jaffa he had ever seen. Just too weird. His ears perked up. The sound was stopping outside of his door. There was some shuffling about, then the door slid open. Daniel blinked at the bright light streaming into the room. He had not realized how dark his cell was. There were four Jaffa standing in the hallway. Two stomped in. They flanked him and one pointed with a staff weapon to the open door.

"Okay, I get the message, just don't poke me with that thing." Daniel raised his hands slightly and nodded to the weapon. He eased around the Jaffa and walked into the brightly-lit hallway. He was sandwiched between four Jaffa. He vainly tried to remember all the twists and turns they took as they marched through the corridor. Jack would remember all of this. He thought grimly. After several minutes of walking they came to a very large doorway. One Jaffa ran his hand over the wall panel and the door slid apart. He grabbed Daniel's arm and shoved him into the room. Daniel stumbled into the area. He spun around to say something when the door slammed shut behind him, sans the Jaffa.

"Hey!" He shouted. He turned around to study the room. It was certainly larger than any of the rooms they had been in. There was a long oblong black table in the center of the room, the table was surrounded by several ornate chairs. There was a blood red rug under the table. Daniel looked around at the walls. Dark blue. So dark, it almost looked black. He moved to begin his study of the room. At least it was warmer in here! He thought absently. He glanced at the ceiling. There was soft white light coming from the corners of the room. He looked down. In each corner there was a pedestal with large candles burning furiously. Maybe that is why it is warmer in here? Daniel continued to study the room. He reached out and touched the wall. The surface was soft to the touch. Cool to the touch also. Daniel looked around for any surveillance equipment. There was none that he could see. Probably well hidden. He rubbed his wrist. It still hurt. And now it was swollen and he could not move it. He frowned.

Stupid Jaffa.

A sound behind him caused him to spin about. The door opened and a loudly protesting Jack O'Neill was shoved into the room. He also stumbled, but stayed on his feet.

Jack be nimble. Came to Daniel's mind. For some reason he immediately felt better. At least he wasn't alone.

The door shut and Jack spun about banging his fists on the door. "You're nothing but a bunch of low life, no good for nothing, shit eating incubators for a race of slimy worthless.."

"Jack?" Daniel said stopping the tirade.

Jack jerked about and shut his mouth. He raised his brows and quickly scanned the room. "Oh, hi Daniel!" He sauntered over to this friend, appraising the archeologist's condition. Seeing him in one piece he continued. "What's up?"

Daniel was also appraising his friend. Jack looked a little roughed up. His scruffy gray hair was standing on end and his dark brown eyes were slightly out of focus.

"What's up with you?" He asked concerned.

"Nothing. Just hanging around." Jack smiled slightly. He recognized the expression on Daniel's face. He did not want his friend to worry. His eyes darted about taking in the blue-black walls and the long black table. That piqued his curiosity.

"Well, at least it is warmer in here." He muttered looking at the candles.

"What do you suppose they have in mind?" Daniel asked watching his friend closely.

"Dunno. Nothing makes much sense here. I mean, those are some of the strangest acting Jaffa I have ever come across." O'Neill jerked a thumb towards the door.

"Yeah, I have to agree. You know what one of them told me?"

O'Neill focused on his friend. Good God his head hurt. "No Daniel, and I don't feel like guessing." He glanced at the table and chairs and immediately went to sit down.

Daniel followed him and sat in a chair next to him. He watched his friend's eyes. Still glazed looking. He plowed ahead. "He said, you were the one they have waited for."

Jack shot Daniel an annoyed look.

"That is ridiculous." He answered tightly.

"No, they seem to believe that you are the promised one." Daniel came back.

"I don't care what they think. I am not the promised one." Jack's voice raised slightly.

"Okay, just listen to me. First it was Diama, and now the Jaffa? Hard to convince me that it is a coincidence." Daniel eased back in his chair and studied Jack's face.

"That's exactly what it is, a coincidence. " Jack snapped. He had been continuously scanning the room, looking for exits and weapons. He stopped and glared at Daniel.

"Jack, what if it is true? I mean, we have knocked off a good many Goa'uld. Maybe they believe that's what we are here to do?"

Jack rolled his brown eyes. "Kill Ptah-sek-ani? Sorry Daniel. If you ask me, they're not going out of their way to make it easy for us to kill him." Jack paused, a troubled expression crossed his features. " Do you actually believe these Jaffa think we are some sort of God's? For crying out loud, I hope not!"

Daniel stared at Jack aghast. That thought had never occurred to him. What if the Jaffa believes that they are supposed to free them from the tyranny of Ptah-sek-ani. Leave it up to Jack to strike at the problem in a different vein.

"What's wrong with your wrist?" Jack asked pointing towards Daniel's guarded hand.

"Oh, you know me." Daniel shrugged and held up his wrist. "I tripped over my feet and fell on it."

"Yeah, you okay?" Jack raised his brows.

Daniel smiled. The earth could be swallowing them up and Jack would worry more about his people then his own eminent death.

"Yeah, I'll live."

"Okay, I just gotta tell you, I have a bad feeling about this. Why are we here?" Jack waved a restless hand about the room.

"I have a bad feeling also. First, they separate us and then they put us together, they separate the women from us, and I am sure Diama is separated from them. I don't like this Jack."

Jack frowned. Daniel was right. He ran his hand over the smooth dark surface of the table. Curious. Why this room? Is there something more here that they are not seeing? He stood up suddenly and scanned the room again.

"What? What is it?" Daniel asked standing up as well.

"I'm missing something." Jack muttered. He walked away from the table. He reached out and began to skim the walls with his fingertips.

"What are you looking for?" Daniel asked, now doing the same on another wall.

"He put us in here for a reason. I don't believe it was a random choice. I think he is testing us." Jack said distracted. He continued his exploration.

"Testing us? For what reason?" Daniel stared at the high patterned ceiling.

"To see if we are what he believes us to be." Jack turned to look at Daniel. A small amused grin played on his lips.

"Ah, okay." Daniel answered understanding. Those who would destroy him. He must have heard the rumors. Good. Maybe Ptah-sek-ani will take the Tau'ri seriously. Daniel felt the same smile tugging at his lips.

Jack? Jack? A tinny voice in O'Neill's head spoke up.

"Oh." Jack said softly.

Daniel stared at Jack curiously.

Jack tapped at his head, his dark eyes were hooded.

Daniel nodded.

Jack continued to walk about. He contacted Diama in return. Where are you? Have you seen Janet and Major Carter? Daniel and I are back together. Who is this Ptah-sek-ani fellow anyway? He scanned the room closely. Daniel was doing the same on the other end of the large room.

The beast placed me in his personal chambers. However, he is not here. A for your companions, I do not know their exact whereabouts. I do believe they are well. Would you like me to contact Major Carter?

Jack listened and tried to study his surroundings. No use giving away secrets.

Jack, what happened to our link? Why could I not contact you earlier? Diama pressed.

O'Neill felt her presence all around him. She was not only speaking in his head, but seemed to be within him as well. He could sense her agitation. He ran his hand along the surface of the wall, here and there, there were glyphs, Goa'uld. He recognized a few. Then he realized he recognized them all. It spoke of the triumphs and glories of Ptah-sek-ani. O'Neill grimaced. Sick bastard.

Jack? Our link? Diama pushed again.

Yeah, I guess it was the solid whack to the side of my noggin. Probably rattled something up there. Appears to be better now. Hey, do I want to know what Ptah is up to?

You must know. His Jaffa hates him with a passion. You need to get them to help you. In turn, you help then with an uprising to overturn and destroy Ptah-sek-ani. They believe you are the one. Capitalize on that!

Jack's head had begun to hurt again. He unconsciously pressed his fingertips to his temples. He exhaled softly.

"Jack? What is it?" Daniel grabbed his friends arm. Jack had paled several shades and appeared shaky.

O'Neill closed his eyes then slowly opened them. "Just a headache. That's all." He said tightly. He looked towards the door they had been shoved through earlier. "Shhh." He hissed.

The doors opened and a huge man entered the room in full Jaffa gear. He stomped into the room a few feet away from where Jack and Daniel stood.

Neither man moved, but rather watched curiously.

A heartbeat.

Then Ptah-sek-ani entered the room resplendent in reds and gold. A girdle of gems from all over the universe hung around his wide muscular hips. On his broad shoulders hung a gold cape. He wore a coat of armor around his chest. It was ornately decorated and also bejeweled. He was a huge vulgar looking creature. He stopped short of the Tau'ri and stared disdainfully down on them. Behind him was four more Jaffa.

Daniel wondered if the Goa'uld weren't big on washing their hair. Ptah-sek-ani's looked like it had been slicked in oil. Daniel allowed his eyes to travel up the creature. Huh, at least seven feet tall. And a huge three hundred plus pounds. Daniel stole a look to his friend. Jack was making that face.

Uh-oh.

"Bow before your God!" A voice bellowed out.

"Not my God." Jack remarked still grimacing.

"Bow before your God, Tau'ri!" The Jaffa repeated. He stepped forward to force the obstinate humans to the floor.

Jack's eyes narrowed. He could see it coming, but he refused to bow to any Gou'ald unless of course forced to. The large Jaffa moved behind Jack and grabbed his left shoulder.

Jack quickly shifted, faster than what the Jaffa thought a Tau'ri was capable of. The Jaffa stumbled forward, his momentum carrying him between the two humans. Jack and Daniel both shifted sideways and watched the large Jaffa fall heavily to the floor.

Immediately three staff weapons were up and flared.

Jack had dropped to grab the falling Jaffa's weapon.

Daniel was always amazed at his friend's agility and quickness.

Jack had the Jaffa's staff weapon in his hand before the Jaffa hit the ground. He rolled toward Daniel and shifted the weapon from his left hand to his right hand. He spun around bringing the weapon up and centered on Ptah-sek-ani. O'Neill flicked the weapon open. He met the Goa'uld eyes with challenge.

Ptah-sek-ani smirked. He gestured towards the Jaffa on the floor. "So, you bested one." He rotated his shoulder slightly to look at the Jaffa behind him. They had their weapon's up and ready also. "But not them." He said waving a beefy hand at the other Jaffa.

Jack still held the weapon in steady hands. He smiled slightly. "Are you so sure that if I shot you, they would shoot me?" He nodded towards the Jaffa behind him.

"Of course, they love their God." Ptah-sek-ani answered smugly.

Daniel watched the exchange with uncertainty. What was Jack up to? Daniel found it unwise to taunt a Goa'uld. Especially with Jaffa to back him up. Of course, Daniel knew that he had been guilty of the very thing Jack was doing now. Taunting. But Jack was pushing the envelope as far as this Goa'uld was concerned. Daniel looked at the Jaffa behind the Goa'uld. They all had their helmets on. Hard to tell expression on helmeted Jaffa. Funny Daniel. He noted that the weapons had not wavered.

"Have you taken a popularity poll lately? I'm guessing it's closer to loathe than love." Jack mocked.

"It matters not, you attempt to kill me, I will kill him first." Ptah-sek-ani jerked a thick thumb at Daniel. "Trust me human, your friend, no matter how sweet he is, will die. And his death will be on your conscious as you did nothing to prevent it." Ptah-sek-ani smiled darkly at the archeologist.

No, no, no, Jack, put down the weapon! This is not how he will die! You will gain nothing more than the death of your friend Daniel. Diama's voice broke through Jack's mind-set.

Jack frowned deeply. This was not working out the way he wanted it to. He wanted her to disappear, vanish, go to hell, go away.. anything but here in his head. But no, here she is, fucking up his plans royally. He stared at Ptah-sek-ani. He could feel the edges of a fury coming in his head.

Please Jack, I cannot allow this to happen. I know what I am doing. Please trust me. Put down that weapon! Diama pleaded. Then she pushed.

O'Neill gritted his teeth in pain. He suddenly felt hot and flushed. He could feel Daniel touch his shoulder with his shoulder. A cautious bump. It was a gentle sort of warning. Ptah-sek-ani's hand was up and opened. Jack's eyes flared wide. In the Goa'uld's hand was one of those 'slam you on your ass devices'. And he was pointing it at Daniel.

"I can kill him." Ptah-sek-ani reminded O'Neill.

Jack inhaled and slowly lowered the weapon. He knew he could kill Ptah-sek-ani, but who knows, these idiots would probably put him in a sarcophagus, because all they understand is submission. And now, Diama was putting a vise grip on his head and it hurt like hell. He continued to look at the Goa'uld and the Jaffa standing behind the large Goa'uld. He stayed in the fighting stance. This is stupid. He thought. He opened his mouth to say something when he felt something contact with his right side. It was a powerful bone-crunching blow to his ribcage. He dropped the staff weapon and crumpled to his knees, gasping in agony.

"You didn't have to do that!" Daniel cried out. He fell to his knees beside his friend. Jack's mouth was working, but no sound escaped. Perhaps it's a good thing he can't speak! Daniel thought.

Jack's hands wrapped around his battered chest. It felt like someone had set his ribs on fire. He was gasping in pain. Oh, there went three or four for certain. He felt Daniel's arm around his shoulders.

"God Jack, stay the hell down or they will kill you." Daniel hissed.

"Ya think?" Jack gasped looking up at Ptah-sek-ani. He glared at the large creature with disgust.

"Get the Tau'ri up." Ptah-sek-ani waved at the two men on the floor. One unhooded Jaffa grabbed O'Neill by the arm and jerked him up. Daniel held on to Jacks other arm. He looked around the Colonel and made eye contact with the Jaffa.

The Jaffa returned the look.

The Jaffa returned the look?

Daniel found himself thinking about the amazing circumstances occurring in this place. He continued to stare at the man. The Jaffa shook his head slightly and roughly situated O'Neill.

Who was still verbally protesting.

Please, please shut up Jack! Daniel thought desperately.

"Easy!" O'Neill growled. He stood up, weaving slightly. He shrugged off Daniel and figured it was best not fight the Jaffa right at that moment. He stared their God. Then realized that Diama was gone.

Ptah-sek-ani smiled wickedly. He walked around the two humans appraising them.

"Take him to my chamber." He said pointing at O'Neill.

Turning around, he reached out and ran his hand down Daniel's arm. "And this one, you leave him here. Bring him something to eat and drink. Make him comfortable. I will return to him." He suddenly gripped Daniel's arm tightly, causing Daniel to grimace.

Daniel wisely did not pull away. He looked at Jack, his expression remaining neutral.

I will not show fear.

The Jaffa pulled O'Neill's arms behind his back, causing him to grunt in pain.

"I'll going, you pig headed son of a bitch!" Jack snarled. O'Neill tried to shake loose to peer back at his friend. A sudden cold fear gripped O'Neill. This is wrong, I shouldn't leave Danny alone with that beast!

Do not worry about him! Worry about yourself! Diama's voice warned.

"Yeah, yeah." Jack muttered as the Jaffa pushed him towards the door. He turned his head around one last time and made eye contact with Daniel. He wanted to relay that all was okay. He did not want Daniel to worry. Meanwhile, he was trying to get rid of the cold hard feeling that was gnawing away in the pit of his stomach.

Daniel could not entirely keep the look of revulsion off his fair features. He felt his skin crawl as the Goa'uld stroked his arm. He wanted to jerk his arm away and kill the creature with his bare hands. He met O'Neill's eyes. He understood what his friend was trying to convey, but it didn't make him feel any better. He watched as Jack was roughly pulled from the room. Obviously, the Jaffa did not trust Jack because four of them followed him out. Daniel inwardly smiled. Typical. Actually, it could be considered a compliment. He felt pressure on his arm again and was brought back to the fact the Goa'uld still had a firm grip of his biceps.

"Do not worry yourself little one. He will not be harmed unless he insists on being foolish." Ptah-sek-ani smiled darkly and made a movement similar to a shrug.

"You can let go of me. I'm not like that one. I would not fight a winless battle." Daniel growled. Hoping to convince Ptah-sek-ani he was passive.

"Of course." Ptah-sek-ani stepped away, releasing his grip on Daniel. He continued to smile as he appraised the young human. O'Neill will fight. Yes, and he loved a good fight. but, this one was so unbelievably sweet. Too bad he had other pressing duties to finish. Work before pleasure. Such small sacrifices. He signaled to one of the Jaffa standing at the door. The Jaffa nodded and left the room.

"I promise I will return. Then we will get to know each other so much better. Would that not be pleasant?" Ptah-sek-ani smiled again. He turned and lumbered out of the room.

Daniel released a shaky breath. He stared at the closing door. A blanket of dread washed over him. He hoped that whatever Diama was planning to do, that she better do it soon before he and Jack was both dead.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Hallrho