Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Legacy Part 2, The

by Hallrho
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
The Legacy Part 2

The Legacy Part 2

by Hallrho

Title: The Legacy Part 2
Author: Hallrho
Email: Hallrho@AOL.com
Category: Action/Adventure, Angst, Hurt/Comfort
Season: Season 5
Pairing: Sam/Jack
Rating: PG-13
Warnings: language, violence
Summary: O'Neill and SG-1 discover the true intentions of the Araraan race with horrific results. Sequel to 'Through Another Eyes' and 'The Special Gift.'
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).

Chapter Eleven

Daniel felt like his feet were on fire. He was hot, sweaty and miserable. Eight and a half klicks was just over five miles, but it was up and down large hot sand dunes. Thank God for the somewhat of a road they followed.

Somewhat as it had not been used for a while.

Currently, they were traveling up a particularly large sand dune.

Daniel grimaced.

Sam seemed sure the city was right on the other side of the dune.

He sure hoped so.

Jack had forged ahead like a madman. No one could keep up with him. Daniel had yelled at Jack several times to slow down. Jack would ignore him and kept up the killer pace.

Daniel figured he had to be tired. Because he knew that he certainly was! He reached up to block the sun from his eyes and saw Jack standing at the top of the dune.

Motionless at last!

His hands were hanging loosely by his sides.

Teal'c made it up to the top of the hill next. He looked down and then turned around to face the other people struggling up the hill.

"Hurry, you must see this." Teal'c said with the slightest hint of excitement.

Sam and Jacob reached the top next.

Then Daniel came trudging up. He placed his hands on his knees and inhaled deeply. He eased up to a standing position and looked down.

"Oh my." He whispered. Daniel turned to Jack and touched his sleeve.

Jack was burning up. Sweat was rolling down his face and his skin was reddish in color. He did not respond to Daniel's touch.

"Jack? What is it? Are you okay?" Daniel asked. He glanced over to Janet Frasier, who was steadily making her way to O'Neill.

"No Daniel, he is not okay. Colonel O'Neill?" She grabbed his arm.

"My God! Will you look at that!" Sam whispered.

"How could they have kept this hidden?" Jacob wondered outloud.

"They kept many things hidden from the Goa'uld." Jack answered softly.

Janet glanced away from O'Neill to the sight before her.

Down the dune, settled in an oasis, was the true Araraan research center and home to many of the Araraan people.

"They are all gone now." Jack said sadly. He moved away from Janet and started down the dune to the city.

Daniel stared at the rising spires and multi leveled buildings. The architecture here was vastly different from anything the SG team had ever encountered. Daniel licked his dry lips and took in everything. It was a beautiful, artistically designed place. Everywhere Daniel looked, there were tall shimmering glass like buildings jutting out from the desert floor. Some of the buildings were created with several stories of multiple colors of glass sending rainbows of colors across the desert. Tree's, or what appeared to be trees, dotted the outskirts of the city. There was a low brick like wall surrounding the city itself. It appeared to be more for aesthetics than for purpose. Daniel knew that these people did not do anything unless there was a purpose. So the wall had some type of function.

Sam and Jacob both turned to watch as Natar, the Tok'ra guard, Taylor and Craft brought up the rear. Smythe and Whemby stood at the bottom of the dune scanning the grounds, waiting for the order to come up.

Janet and Teal'c took off after Jack.

Daniel had taken out his camcorder and was videotaping the city from the top of the dune. He was awestruck with the simple but elegant design of the city. He could not wait to get into the city to explore.

Sam turned to watch O'Neill scamper down the dune. She frowned and spoke to her father without taking her eyes off her commanding officer. "Dad, what are we looking at here?"

Jacob had his eyes on the Goa'uld Natar as he reached the top of the hill. "We are looking at the biggest con ever pulled on the Goa'uld. Look at his face!" Jacob nodded his head towards the astonished Goa'uld.

"Surprise." Jacob said quietly.

"What is this place?" Natar asked angrily.

"This is the Araraan research and development location." Jacob answered. He with held the smile he so wanted to effect.

"No....no..that is not true. This has to be something else." Natar swept his hand over the sight.

"Search Tor's memory, if he'll let you. You'll find that it's there." Jacob said looking at Mike Taylor.

"Not possible." Natar whispered. He shook his head in shock as the memory flooded in.

Sam turned and started down the dune after O'Neill. Daniel had already made his way to the bottom.

O'Neill, Janet and Teal'c were stepping on to one of the cobbled sidewalks that lead to the city's entrance.

O'Neill sharply raised his hand, stopping them in their tracks.

"Wait, there is a shield here. I will have to disarm it." He walked over to a tall obelisk at the beginning of the walkway. He ran his hand over its smooth surface.

A screen appeared.

He placed his fingers on the screen and pressed. The screen lit up. O'Neill frowned slightly, then ran his fingertips over the screen as if punching in a code. Each time his finger touched the screen a color and symbol would appear then vanish. After a flurry of movement he stepped away and looked up. The air around them shimmered slightly then stilled.

"It's safe now, we can go in." O'Neill pointed to the open threshold.

Teal'c nodded and went around O'Neill into the city. He held his staff in battle ready.

Frasier stood next to O'Neill.

"You have to let go. At least for a while. He cannot continue like this." She touched the tall man's arm.

"He understands the necessity. He says....not to worry." O'Neill said with that odd lilt to his voice.

"Sorry, but I am worried. He's not doing well. If I don't know anything else about what is going on here, I do know he is suffering. Let him go so his body temperature can come down some." Janet urged.

Jack blinked twice then smiled gently at his friend.

"Janet, I know what I am doing. She doesn't mean me any harm. The symptoms I experience will go away, you know that. I am serious, don't worry." Jack reached out and gently squeezed her arm.

"Jack, each time this happens, it places more stress on your already battered systems. You cannot continue with your core temperature at 102 degrees. It will damage your major organs and trash your thermoregulatory system. As your physician, my job is to look after your well being. Jack, that comes first in my book. If this keeps up, it will kill you." Janet admonished.

"I know that. But right now, I am the only one who knows anything about this place and why we are here. I have a feeling she won't be with me that much longer. So I must finish whatever needs to be done here, whatever she demands. You gotta admit, we have been through far too much to stop now. Right?" He smiled slightly and wagged his brows.

Janet frowned and shook her head as if to disagree.

Daniel came up to them slightly breathless. He still was filming the city

Jacob turned around taking in the view. He shook his head in amazement and said, "Good grief Jack, we really had no idea the Araraans had built this place. And neither had Natar, you should have seen the look on his face when he saw it! Whatever we do, we must protect this place from the Goa'uld."

Sam moved towards Janet. She noted the frown on the doctor's face. "Is he going to be alright?" She asked.

"I can't answer that. I know he cannot keep this up much longer, but he is not listening to his doctor." Janet gestured towards her subject of distress.

Daniel edged to O'Neill. "Jack, is it safe to go in?" He asked peeking over the top of the camera.

"Now it is. You can go in, but do not touch anything, any of you. Is that understood?" He warned.

"Of course." Jacob said looking at the others.

"Sir, are we looking for anything in particular?" Sam questioned easing into the archway.

"Yes, we are." O'Neill's voice had changed again as he stared at Natar moving down the hill. Mike Taylor and Craft were escorting him. Whemby and Smythe were now topping the hill and looking down in amazement.

Natar reached O'Neill and sneered at him. "So, why am I here? What do you intent to do with me now human?"

"I intend to remove that fucking snake from your head and set you free. How does that sound Goa'uld?" O'Neill tilted his head in an odd way.

Natar stepped back suddenly. "You cannot do that. You do not have the technology."

"Why the hell do you think we're here?" O'Neill waved his hand towards the entrance of the city. "This is where the real technology is located. As you are fully aware, the Goa'uld as a race, are really quite lazy. Your arrogance is to be your downfall. You never knew of this place." O'Neill stepped into Natar's space. "I have long waited for this moment of revenge. Tor will be free of you, and I will have the opportunity to destroy you with my own hands. Do not think that I will not derive pleasure from that thought."

Natar looked at O'Neills hands. They were clenched tightly.

"Those are not, and never will be your hands Diama." The Goa'uld whispered harshly.

"Ya think?" O'Neill answered. He backed away from the Goa'uld. His head was pounding with each pump of his heart. He felt like his body was burning from the inside out. She was pressing again.

"Jack?" It was Mike.

"Yeah Mike, I'm okay. She can be..pushy at times when it comes to this slimy piece of shit here." O'Neill gestured towards Natar.

"She? You mean Diama?" Mike eyed the Tok'ra guard Lian as he pushed the Goa'uld into the city.

Natar stopped short and was about to become combative when a blue electric field surrounded him and he dropped heavily to the ground.

Lian stepped back alarmed and turned around.

"One can never be too sure about the Gould." Craft remarked holstering his Zat.

"Bad boy. Bad bad boy." Taylor admonished his man while wagging his finger at him.

"Diama? Do it quickly. He still doesn't know the truth. Quickly before Ptah-sek-ani arrives." Natar breathed.

Jack's eyes grew wide. "Ptah-sek-ani? Where is he?" O'Neill dropped down next to the fallen Goa'uld.

"On....his way here. Not through the gate...he does not know of the gate. He has two battle cruisers..he is coming for you. Hurry." Natar closed his eyes.

"He is unconscious." The Tok'ra guard announced annoyed. He reached down and grabbed the Goa'uld's arms and tossed him over his broad shoulder like a sack of potatoes.

"I hate carrying these creatures." He muttered.

"Hey, that is a really odd statement coming from one snake to another, but I can carry him. After all, I shot him." Craft offered stepping up.

"No....uh, thank you. However, I might require your assistance later. Better that your hands are free." The guard answered shifting his load and standing up straight.

"Who the hell is Ptah-sek-ani?" Taylor asked Jack.

Jacob was staring at Jack. His expression disturbed.

"Com'on, we need to get into the city before it gets dark." Jack urged. He turned but was stopped by Janet's hand.

"Colonel O'Neill, whom was Natar speaking of?" She turned her attention to Jacob.

Lian stepped around the humans and looked expectantly to Jacob.

Jacob raised his head slightly. "Dr. Frasier, I believe we can wait until we get into the safety of the city before we answer that question." It was Selmak who answered.

O'Neill glanced down to the petite doctor and nodded. He eased around her and entered the archway. He stood inside the doorway and waited.

Lian entered first. He turned slightly to look at the gray haired human.

"Take him four doors down to the left. Place your right hand on the palm pad and press firmly. It will open for you. Put him in there and stand guard outside until I tell you otherwise. Is that understood?" O'Neill pointed in the direction. He had begun to sweat again and had a mother of a headache.

"Of course O'Neill." Lian replied, then turned to follow the order.

Jacob and Janet stepped through and stared in frank amazement.

"Oh my Lord, this is astonishing." Janet whispered.

Taylor and Craft stepped in next. Taylor looked over his shoulder and hand signaled his other two men. They lagged behind, covering their six.

Taylor peered about. "Mall rats." He muttered.

"Hey, have you no respect?" O'Neill said with a tight smile.

"What is this place?" Craft asked, his rifle up and ready. There was a slight nervousness to his movements.

"My home." O'Neill whispered.

"No, not your home Colonel O'Neill." Janet said sharply.

He looked really rough.

"Janet, the headache is really bad this time. I might need something to ease the pain somewhat.' Jacks voice was pinched with pain. The sweat was rolling down the back of his neck, soaking his shirt. He removed his cap with a shaky hand and ran that hand over his damp hair. "You got something, doc?" He said squeezing his eyes shut.

"Sit down right here." Janet grabbed Jack's arm and eased him down.

"Dr. Frasier, what is happening to him?" Teal'c asked concerned.

"Diama is much stronger in this place. I am afraid if we are not careful, Colonel O'Neill may not survive this. She has got to go and allow him to rest." Janet was speaking to Jack.

Jack exhaled softly. His shoulders slumped and his head dropped to his chest.

"Jack?" Mike said alarmed.

Janet dropped to a squat and was taking his pulse. Fast, but slowing down.

"He'll be okay." She announced.

Mike looked down the cobbled corridor and then at the spires of colored glass. Really astonishing. The doorways were all made of multi colored stained glass. The metal looking material wove around each building like lacework. He had to admit, this was some kind of beautiful architecture. Tearing his eyes away from the tall glittering buildings, he turned to Jacob. "Who is Ptah-sek-ani?"

Jacob pulled his attention away from O'Neill and briefly signaled his companion. Who was standing at attention in front of the Goa'uld Natar.

"Let's get the others and I will tell you what I know."

Mike nodded to Craft, who eased around his CO and made his way down the street looking for the others.

Janet touched Jack's forehead. Hot. Really hot. She looked at his face. He was fighting it even while unconscious. She reached down and took one of his hands. Hot and dry. Janet looked up to Jacob.

" I am certain that the Araraan woman has a plan of action, otherwise we would not be in this place." Jacob said answering her unasked question.

"I really hope so Jacob." She replied.

Jacob turned slightly to the sound of approaching footsteps.

"Colonel!" Sam spotted O'Neill slumped against the wall as she rounded a glass corner.

Jacob could not mistake the look of concern and something else on his daughter's face.

"Jack?" Daniel was behind her running with the camcorder in one hand.

Teal'c and Craft were pulling up the rear.

They all approached about the same time but from different directions.

"What has happened to Colonel O'Neill?" Teal'c asked frowning down at the unconscious man.

Sam dropped down next to Janet.

"Dad? What is wrong with him?" She brushed the back of her hand against his forehead. Then placed the palm of her hand on his cheek.

"Hmmm, hands feel good. Cool to the touch. Leave it right there." O'Neill murmured. His eyes remained shut.

Sam smiled slightly and moved her hand away slowly.

O'Neill opened his eyes. He looked around blearily. "Gang all here?" He asked.

"Yes Jack, now tell us what is going on. Did you know that most of these doorways lead to quarters of some form? What exactly is this place? I found a huge library about an eighth of a mile from here? This...city..for lack of a better word, is fantastic!" Daniel was almost babbling with excitement. He really wanted to jump back up and head back to the library, but he understood that he had to wait.

"I have located no weapon or arsenal sites. How do they protect themselves from the Goa'uld?" Teal'c asked curiously.

O'Neill waved his hand. "Yes, there is more to this place than what you have seen. Much more. I'll show you later." O'Neill rotated towards Teal'c. "You haven't located them because they are not obvious. The Araraans are quite clever when it comes to protecting themselves. We have already witnessed that much."

"Yes, that would make sense." Teal'c agreed.

"Now, let us discuss Ptah-sek-ani." A new voice broke through the discussion.

Selmak.

"Yeah, I'm kind wondering about this scary Gould myself." Mike said glancing around.

"Scary? Yes. This is truly a terrible Goa'uld. The likes none of you have ever seen. Natar and Diama have very good reason to fear this one. I fear him." Selmak's normally calm voice rose slightly. Jacob had a pained expression on his face.

"Really? Uh, I know of the ancient Egyptian God Ptah. He is mentioned in the 'Book of the Dead. Uh..he was noted as being the creator of the earth, God of the city Memphis, God of crafts and creativity, one of the really old Gods of ancient Egypt. But this Ptah-sek-ani, I'm not sure where he fits in. How come we haven't heard of him before now?" Daniel questioned.

"Because even among the Goa'uld, his name is a curse. He is an abomination. But that does not take away from the fact that he is a very powerful Goa'uld. He has control among many systems."

"What makes him so bad among his own kind? Is he feared like Ra or Apophis?" Sam wondered outloud.

"Feared yes. Even his own Jaffa is rumored to have hate serving his needs. But they do because they are born into his service. We would do well to destroy this one if we can. Natar claims he is on his way as we speak." Jacob glanced towards Jack.

Jack was staring at Jacob. His dark eyes were slightly unfocused. He cleared his throat. He pushed up to a somewhat unsteady stance waving off Teal'c pro-offered hand.

"Diama fears him. He was ultimately responsible for the destruction of her homeworld. And for what happened at the...other site. She is pushing for us to finish..ah...something...umm." O'Neill frowned, his hands weaving back and forth. He looked away. His expression was confused, lost, as if he was searching for something. He looked to the ground. His dark eyes darting about.

"What sir? What does she want us to finish?" Sam asked gently.

"The remerging. I know now what she wants with this place. It is here!" O'Neill looked up excited. He pointed to the ground. "We really need to hurry." O'Neill looked about the people standing there. They all wore puzzled expressions. He jerked his eyes down the walkway in front of him, and suddenly broke into a full run.

"Damn it, I hate running after him." Daniel groused.

"Where is he going?" Smythe asked astonished. He had been standing next to Daniel.

"Who know with Jack, just follow him." Mike said waving his men out.

Sam had taken off and was at his heels leaving the others behind. Something had been nagging her, pushing, coming to the surface of her conscious memory.

It was something that did not belong to her.

"Stop sir! Stop running." She called out.

O'Neill came to an abrupt stop and stood staring at her as if she was a complete stranger.

"Why have you stopped me?" He asked confused.

Sam was bent over panting. She slowly stood up and glanced behind herself. The others were closing the distance.

"Because you took off like a banshee." She was trying to control her breathing.

"Sorry." He said simply.

"Where are you going?"

"There, in there!" O'Neill pointed to an open doorway.

"What's in there?" Sam asked curiously.

O'Neill frowned suddenly. He took a step back. He made a strange face and then diverted his attention to the other people coming his way.

"Jack, if you take off again, I am going to shoot you in the knee." Daniel gasped. He slowed down and met Sam's eyes.

"I need to get out and exercise more, this is killing me." Craft coughed and bent over trying to catch his breath.

Whemby's dark eyes were rolling around in his head. They had warned him that O'Neill was impulsive, but this was ridiculous.

Taylor, Smythe, Teal'c and Janet brought up the rear. The Tok'ra and Natar were lagging behind.

"Why the hell are we running?" Taylor demanded.

"Jack was in a hurry." Daniel jerked a thumb towards a nervous looking O'Neill.

"What's up? What's the big rush?" Taylor glanced about taking in their location.

Teal'c and Smythe had peeled off and were exploring the open doors.

Teal'c poked his head out of one. "There is nothing to be found in any of these rooms. What are we looking for?"

"Colonel O'Neill? What are we looking for?" Frasier asked, walking up to the errant soldier and eyeing him carefully.

O'Neill's eyes grew round and he looked up.

Jacob, Lian, and Natar had made it to where everyone else was standing.

"Could someone please tell me what is going on?" Jacob said exasperated.

Natar looked nervously at O'Neill. He also looked up.

"I warned you." Natar started. "I tried to warn you, but you would not listen and now it is to late." There was real fear in Natar's voice.

"About Ptah-sek-ani?" Daniel ventured. He turned around to face the frightened Goa'uld.

The other's were now looking up and searching the sky.

O'Neill raised a finger and pointed.

"There." He said softly.

Followed by the sound of safeties being clicked off.

"Where? Just what are we looking at? Or for?" Whemby asked angrily.

"Look, he comes." O'Neill answered in a distant voice.

"Sir, I don't see a thing up there." Sam said turning about staring at the pale sky.

"What's up there?" Teal'c asked, his staff weapon up.

"We need to take cover now. Get in those buildings and spread out." Jack said snapping out of his trance.

"Why Jack?" Daniel asked confused.

Taylor, Smythe and Craft were already moving on O'Neill's command.

Whemby stood next to Teal'c and raised his hands in confusion. Teal'c grabbed the man by his knapsack and jerked him through a doorway.

Jacob, Lian and Natar had already ducked into a room. Jacob could feel something also, and it was making him intensely nervous.

Jack ducked into the room he had pointed out earlier. Sam, Frasier and Daniel followed.

Once they entered the semi dark room there was a collected gasp.

"Damn." Daniel whispered.

There, in the middle of the room was an ornately beautiful sarcophagus.

Daniel moved towards the object. "My God Jack, did you know this thing was in here?" He eased over to take a better look. It was etched in bright blue and gold. There was inlay of semi-precious stones decorating the cover of the large box. Daniel leaned forward. There were symbols and hieroglyphics carved down the sides. On the top of the sarcophagus, there was a large round black marble plaque. Daniel squatted down and began to decipher the words, his lips silently moving as he read.

"It's Diama." Jack said staring at the sarcophagus.

"Huh? Are you sure?" Sam asked amazed.

"She is in that thing?" Janet said moving closer.

"Yeah, I believe so." Jack nodded.

"Who put her in there? I thought Natar killed her. Is this why we are here?" Janet fired off the questions, still looking at the thing in awe.

"Wait." Jack's hand shot up. He put his finger to his lips, then to his ear. "Listen." He whispered.

At first, they heard nothing. And then the sound came.

Soft and distant at first.

A hum, vibrating throughout the room.

Sam looked to Jack.

"Jack? Jack? What are we hearing?" Mike's voice came over the comm.

"Ptah-sek-ani's ship." Jack clicked back.

"No shit? How much trouble are we in?" Mike's voice came back astonished.

"Deep shit." Jack's said softly.

"Sam?" Jacob hailed his daughter.

"Yes Dad. It's what you think it is." She answered the unasked question.

"I have an absolutely terrified Gou'ald over here. I may have to Zat him if he does not calm down."

"Colonel O'Neill?" Teal'c calm voice broke through. "Is the shield still operational?"

"Yes, it is at the gate and at the entrance of the city, but that does not guarantee it will keep him out if he has a Gou'ald battle cruiser. I am not really certain how much protection we have at this location."

The shaking had become more pronounced. There was a strumming and pounding to the air that pulsated through the humans.

"The mother is right above us!" Taylor said.

" Damn it, he must of broke through the shield. Stay put! Don't move! He may not know we are down here!" Jack yelled into his mike. "Radio silence until further orders!" He eased over and looked through an open window.

He could see from his vantage point the underside of the large cruiser. He pulled back into the room to see Sam staring at him. She stepped up close to him.

"What are they looking for?" She asked searching his dark eyes.

"Us, they are looking for us." O'Neill turned his attention to Daniel, who was curiously walking around the sarcophagus.

"Daniel, don't touch it..not yet." O'Neill warned.

Daniel, upon hearing Jack's voice, turned away from his point of interest.

"Huh? Jack? I can hardly hear you through..all that noise." Daniel's eyes rolled to the sky. Most people would have been terrified with the thought of a Goa'uld battle cruiser above them, Daniel was merely annoyed, it was taking him away from something fascinating.

Jack walked along the wall to reduce the possibility of something seeing him move. He grabbed Daniel's arm and pulled him against the wall.

"Don't touch it!" Jack said harshly.

"Uh, sure. I won't. What's happening?"

"We are about to receive an unwanted visitor." Jack let go of Daniel and eased over to the window again where Sam stood.

Her P-90 poised and ready.

Even Janet had her gun up and a round engaged in the chamber.

Jack nodded to Janet and made a hand movement for her to go back with Daniel.

She nodded and scurried in a crouched position to the archeologist.

Sam's teeth were aching as a result of the powerful noise coming from the ship. It was traveling overhead slowly away from them.

Sam met her commander's eyes.

He looked back into her blue eyes.

"What are we to do sir?" She shouted through the din.

"We wait. While they are directly above us we can go nowhere and do nothing."

"Will the other's do the same?"

"They are all soldiers. They understand the situation."

O'Neill lifted his hand suddenly. He pointed to his ear. Listen!

Sam nodded.

There was a high pitched sound that filled the air.

O'Neill's eyes widened.

"Get down all of you!" He cried out and pushed Sam down, knocking her to the floor.

A sudden white hot bolt of energy hit the road by their window sending debris up in the air and against the wall protecting them.

The earth shook violently.

Another bolt and another rained down upon them. Some directly hitting buildings causing explosions or collapsing of the buildings themselves.

Daniel and Janet were huddled by the sarcophagus. Daniel's arms were around Janet's head. He peered up to Jack and Sam.

Another tremendous explosion hit nearby. The walls shook.

O'Neill grabbed Sam by the knapsack and dragged her away from the window. A fraction of a second later, the window and wall caved in. The wreckage falling inward.

Jack could feel his back and shoulders being pelted by the debris. He kept her down and under him.

When the attack began, Whemby was peering out his window and shrugging off his knapsack carefully. He had been commenting to Teal'c about the sheer size of the cruiser.

The first barrage hit close to where O'Neill and the rest of SG-1 was hold up.

The next one hit on the side of their building.

Teal'c leaped forward and jerked Whemby from the window. The knapsack flew across the room.

Whemby screamed and tried to reach for the bag.

Teal'c wrapped both arms around the man and slammed him against the wall, using his body as a shield as the wall exploded. Bricks and wood crashed down upon them.

Teal'c could feel the debris pounding against his broad back.

The entire time Whemby was shrieking about retrieving the bag.

What was in the bag that was so important, that this fool would risk his life during an attack to retrieve it?

Another piece of the roof slammed against Teal'c shoulders. He gritted his teeth. Whatever is in that bag better be important!

Taylor, Smythe and Craft were in crouched positions. Each man had taken a different point in the room and was battle ready. When the bombing began, Mike herded his men to the back of the building.

They could hear the sounds of the laser like beams striking the street and buildings.

Mike looked at his men.

They were not afraid.

He smiled at them and prayed the other's felt as safe as he did at that moment. He looked up to the roof. Damn Goa'uld! If they can't have it, they destroy it. Fuck them! He was going to have a Goa'uld before this battle was over!

Come on down!

Chapter Twelve

Lian had finally zatted Natar when the battle cruiser moved over their space.

Jacob was tired of the Goa'uld's frantic screams. For some strange reason, the creature was scared out of his wits. What was the deal here?

Lian told Jacob, after unceremoniously shoving the Goa'uld to a far wall, he thought Natar might have a transponder planted somewhere in his body that was not picked up upon inspection. Or it became activated upon going through the Stargate on this world. Jacob agreed. How else would Ptah-sek-ani know they were here?

Both Tok'ra turned to the sounds of the barrage striking the buildings. Jacob ran to the window and peered out.

"Oh God! They just hit the building that Sam and the other's are in!"

Lian scurried to the window and looked up at the huge ship looming over head.

"Damage?" He asked.

"It appears part of the building has collapsed. The building that Teal'c is in has also suffered damage." Jacob prided himself for not allowing panic to color his voice.

"We must wait until the attack is over." Lian said, understanding Jacob's fear.

"Yes, yes, of course." Jacob glanced at the unconscious Goa'uld. "He will be out for a while. I wonder if the Zat might deactivate the transponder?"

"Probably not. It would have done so when I zatted him the first time." Lian answered calmly.

"Yeah, you're probably correct." Another blast hit the ground close to them. Both men ducked down and retreated to the far part of the building.

"They are passing over." Lian commented as small pieces of rubble rained down on them.

Jacob agreed, nodding his head slowly. However, Selmak had other thoughts on the matter.

He turned to Lian and spoke softly. "O'Neill is in grave danger. Ptah-sek-ani has come for Diama."

Lian frowned. He glanced over to Natar.

"Then he will come for Natar as well."

"That is very likely. We must warn the other's." Selmak eased over to the now shattered window and poked his head out. The ship was gone for now. It was time to tend to the others.

Chapter Thirteen.

Ptah-sek-ani was enraged. He knew they were there! He knew that for certain. He had ordered the battlecruiser to randomly fire upon the city below. As much as they tried, there was no detection of life on the surface. He knew that to be a lie. So therefore, they were being shielded somehow.

Damn that bitch, Diama! She was shielding the city. The cannons could rain fire upon the city and he would not know if the destruction were worth his while.

But they were there!

He ordered the cruiser to pull away and set a docking pattern high above the city. His Jaffa would storm the city as soon as his so-called scientists disarmed the force shield surrounding the perimeters. They could not use the Stargate because of the shield. It was powerful enough to prohibit any travel, but not so powerful to prevent the barrage of fire power.

He frowned. He was lounging in the large command chair. His fingers playing idly on the controls. He glanced at the screen before him. The city moved lazily below him. He had already dispatched the death gliders. Surely they would find some sign of life down there! Ahh Diama. So clever, so damn deceptive, so utterly desirable, and nothing like her weak and useless husband Tor. Who knew nothing. And as a Goa'uld, he was totally useless! Ptah-sek-ani was beginning to feel the edge of anger again. He wanted results and everyone was failing him! He wanted the Araraan technology and it wasn't forthcoming! He wanted the Araraan woman Diama. And where was she? Her precious imprint was lodged in the mind of a worthless sniveling Tau'ri. He growled and angrily gripped the sides of his chair. Why didn't Ra destroy them when he had the opportunity? Why are these creatures still alive and plaguing the universe? Why didn't Apophis ruinate them? Ptah-sek-ani shoved himself out of the chair and began to pace the floor. His fury growing with each step. He shook his shaggy mane. Yes, he would personally take care of this nuisance O'Neill! These creatures would learn fear! Ptah-sek-ani stopped suddenly. A thought occurred to him.

What were they doing here? What does she have in mind?

Ptah-sek-ani turned to the screen and stared at it thinking.

Something. There is something there. She led those creatures there for a purpose.

Ptah-sek-ani knew Natar was not alone. He glanced back to the command chair and lumbered over to it. He slapped the arm of the chair.

"Talmek, kree!"

Ptah-sek-ani turned back to the picture below him. He suddenly thought of O'Neill. Moving to the control panel, he waved a puffy hand over the right side. He then keyed in a sequence. The screen wavered slightly and the city below vanished. When it solidified, there was Colonel Jack O'Neill, standing with his rifle up and looking about cautiously. He was on a Goa'uld ship. One of Apophis's. Stupid fool. Ptah-sek-ani watched with interest as he noted O'Neill's warrior like behavior. This Tau'ri had destroyed many Jaffa, with no apparent fear of them. Ptah-sek-ani ran his hand over the control panel again. The scene changed. This time, a very defiant O'Neill stood facing Hathor. Ptah made a face. Failed attempt to implant this one. Hathor was dead as a result. He killed her. Ptah-sek-ani smiled slightly. O'Neill was an experienced warrior. An older Tau'ri, but none the less, full of life and vigor. He might have some worth yet. He scanned the control panel again. The remainder of SG-1 appeared. The Shol'va Teal'c. Death would be too good for him. Ptah-sek-ani scowled. Major Samantha Carter, once host to a Tok'ra. Humm, a tasty little morsel. Dr. Daniel Jackson, ahhh lovely looking creature. This one holds much promise. Delicious looking. Ptah-sek-ani stirred suddenly. He leaned forward and licked his bottom lip. Ah, we must have this one also! A movement behind him returned his attention to the room around him.

Talmek stood quietly in the doorway.

Ptah-sek-ani looked him over. Typical Jaffa. Waiting to do his immediate bidding.

Talmek was an older Jaffa. He had close-cropped graying hair. There was a jagged scar that ran down the right side of his face. His eyes were the same color as his hair. He stood tall even though he was only of medium height and weight, but it was his presence that made him stand out among the Jaffa. He had seen and survived many battles and still lived to serve.

Ptah-sek-ani smirked. They all lived to serve him!

"My Lord?" Talmek asked in a deep voice.

"Yes, I have need of your service." Ptah-sek-ani answered turning his back to the man. The Goa'uld now faced the screen and was enjoying the fact that he making the Jaffa uncomfortable.

Talmek's heart almost leaped out of his chest. He pressed his lips together to prevent the demonstration of fear that was so close to being revealed.

"At your will My Lord." He said without any emotion bleeding through.

"I want you to lead a battalion of Jaffa to retrieve a Tauri..no make that two Tau'ri for me. You will find them on the surface of the moon below us. Somewhere." Ptah-sek-ani waved a hand towards the screen.

Talmek looked to the screen. There was an image of a young human with blond hair and blue eyes. Intelligent looking. Handsome. The picture changed and it was replaced with an older human with gray hair, much like his. Only this man had hard dark eyes and a military bearing. Much like a Jaffa. A warrior. Both men were physically fit looking and attractive. They were part of the Tau'ri SG-1. Most of the Jaffa knew these people one way or another. They had a price on their heads. Ptah-sek-ani wanted them? Why?

"I want you to bring them to me. Is that understood?" Ptah-sek-ani turned and looked at the Jaffa with disdain.

"Yes My Lord, perfectly." Talmek had no idea where to begin his search for the Tau'ri. The reports indicated no life forms on the surface of the moon. But for some reason, this creature believes the Tau'ri to be on the moon. So, to the moon they will go.

"Gliders are ready. Go." Ptah-sek-ani waved him away and turned back around dismissing the Jaffa without a second thought.

Talmek counted his blessings and left the room as quickly as possible, away from the abomination.

Chapter Fourteen.

Teal'c had been watching Whemby closely. They were seated across from each other waiting instructions from Colonel O'Neill. It had quieted down considerably since the initial attack. Teal'c figured at least twenty minutes had passed. Whemby had the knapsack gripped tightly to his chest. Teal'c found the man's behavior odd, therefore making him all the more suspicious.

When the attack began, Whemby was looking out the window in amazement at the Goa'uld ship. When the fire from the sky began, that was a different story. Teal'c frowned at Whemby. They were being attacked and all this man cared about was his rucksack. After the attack, the man stumbled over to where the bag lay among the debris and pulled it close to him.

Whemby glared at Teal'c.

Teal'c then realized he must have been staring. Jaffa style.

"What is in the bag Whemby?" Teal'c asked suddenly.

"Nothing..really. Stuff for my research."

"It must be very important as to risk your life for it." Teal'c observed.

"Uh, yeah, important enough." Whemby turned slightly away from the curious Jaffa.

"What exactly were you sent here to do?" Teal'c asked now standing.

"Record events. Back-up. Whatever SG-4 required of me." Whemby made a face. He did not trust the large Jaffa. He looked away. This creature was beginning to make him nervous. He shifted his position again until his back was to Teal'c.

Teal'c stepped forward and with one explosive move ripped the bag from Whemby's hands. With the other hand he placed it firmly against the man's shoulder, keeping Whemby at bay.

"Give that back to me! You have absolutely no right to take that from me!" Whemby screamed. The man attempted to grab the bag back.

Teal'c held the bag up and away. "I do not think so." Teal'c glared at the man and shook the rucksack open. When the top flopped over Teal'c glanced inside. His lips tightened with anger.

"How did you acquire this?" Teal'c asked lifting the bag to Whemby.

"I had special permission. Over and above Hammond." Whemby remarked sitting back uneasily.

"This does not belong to you. You have no business with these objects." He shook the bag at Whemby. The Jaffa reached up and keyed his radio. "Colonel O'Neill?" He said keeping the fury from his voice.

"Yeah Teal'c?" O'Neill responded quickly. "What is it? Are you guys okay?"

"Is it possible for you to make it down to me?" Teal'c glared at the hapless man.

Whemby made no move what so ever towards Teal'c. He knew better.

"Uh, yes. We have gotten things squared away here. Be right there."

"Oh, and O'Neill, I believe Major Taylor needs to accompany you as well." Teal'c said evenly.

"I'll pick him up on the way. O'Neill out."

Teal'c looked in the bag again. He was really very angry, but did not react. It would have done no good.

The Jaffa nodded his head towards a far wall. "Sit over there. I do not know what your true purpose happens to be, but research and back up apparently are not it."

"You can't interfere. I'm telling you, this goes higher than O'Neill or Hammond any day. You'll see. It will come down to you people listening to me." Whemby blurted out.

"I doubt that." Teal'c answered and turned upon hearing O'Neill and Taylor enter the room. Smythe was on their six. He stood in the doorway and watched the golden sky for the enemy.

O'Neill did a quick survey of the room and spotted Whemby sitting against the wall and Teal'c holding what appeared to be Whemby's rucksack.

"What gives?" He asked cautiously. He closed the space between Teal'c and Whemby.

Taylor frowned at the bag and then to Whemby.

"What the hell is going on? Whemby? What's in the bag, man? Something, maybe I don't wanna know?" Mike had a real bad feeling about this whole affair.

"Just following orders, sir." Whemby said stiffly.

"Whose orders?" O'Neill said sharply and reached for the bag.

Teal'c noted that O'Neill had several cuts and scratches on his hands and his uniform was torn on one shoulder. He said nothing and handed the bag to his commander.

O'Neill jerked the bag open and peered inside.

"What the hell?" O'Neill exclaimed astonished. He looked at Teal'c, then jerked his head to Taylor.

"What's going on here Mike? What is the meaning of this?" O'Neill thrust the bag to the confused Major.

Taylor took the bag and looked inside. He inhaled sharply and returned his attention to a furious O'Neill. He handed the bag back to the Colonel, and with one quick, explosive move leaped at Whemby.

"Are you a goddamn spy or something?" Taylor grabbed the man and jerked him off the floor.

"Something!" Whemby gasped. "Let go of me!" He tried to shove the tall man away.

"No, I don't think so." O'Neill remarked drawing his Beretta. "Why would you be here with the Neel'pa, Toomis and Fraa'le? Huh? What? Were we going to have a little look-see? Didn't count on the big bad Goa'uld showing up? Huh? You sorry little bastard! You thought you would come down here and test the weapons potential. When were we going to find out? When you were good and fucking ready?" O'Neill was now standing next to Whemby and had his gun planted into the man's chest.

"I am doing what I was ordered to do. Clever O'Neill, test we are. NID wants to see what these puppies will do with or without the permission of the SGC or Hammond. What? You want to wait forever? While the Goa'uld plot our destruction? Can't you see? This is our chance to test these weapons now! The big bad Gould are here!" Whemby motioned towards the bag then to the sky.

O'Neill stepped in a little closer. Taylor had pressed the man against the wall. It was difficult to tell who was angrier. Taylor, because it was another mole within his team? Or O'Neill, because of the sheer audacity of the NID bullying their way in again.

"I ought to just blow your head off and put the blame on the Gould. How about them apples?" O'Neill growled. He knew his blood pressure was through the roof, his head was beginning to really pound.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you." Whemby said shakily.

"Shut up you little piece of worthless shit before I do it and save Colonel O'Neill the bullet." Taylor hissed. His green eyes flashing in rage.

O'Neill still had his gun trained on Whemby's chest. He could sense Teal'c standing close by. For a brief moment, he wondered if he did blow this man away, what the Jaffa might do in response. He then slowly lowered the gun.

"Tell me Whemby, what the hell were you planning to do with these things? You have no earthly idea how they work. I know how they work and I fear their potential." O'Neill turned to Teal'c. He moved his free hand and tapped his forehead. "You know, I use to think the NID was comprised of idiots and morons, now I know beyond a shadow of a doubt they are. I personally don't give a damn what your orders are, I'm in command here and you will follow my orders or I will send you back without the Araraan technology, leaving you to explain to Hammond exactly how you stole SGC property. As a matter of fact, that is exactly what I am going to do." O'Neill stepped back and keyed his mike to Daniel.

"Hey Daniel, you and Sam contact the others and meet me here." O'Neill inhaled deeply and blew out. He was trying to control his temper. He stared at Whemby.

Mike still had his forearm pressed against the NID spy's neck. Every now and then he would press a little tighter.

"Everything okay Jack?" Daniel came back.

"No, everything is not okay. Just get down here now. O'Neill out."

"Listen to me O'Neill, you are making a terrible mistake. I read your reports. I've seen the studies. Why the Fraa'le alone could bring that big ship down. While it is true I have no idea how the weapons work, you do...and perhaps...uh..Major Carter could." Whemby raised his brows.

O'Neill took two quick steps and was in the man's face. Taylor moved slightly.

"Not even! Neither one of us will give information. Is that understood?" O'Neill backed away and jerked his head at Whemby. "Mike, bind that fucker's arms behind his back and secure his legs. I want him going nowhere!" O'Neill's voice was tight with rage.

"Gotca." Mike reached over and whipped out some plastic restraints and quickly bound Whemby. He then, none too gently, shoved the man to the floor.

Whemby looked up at the three men. He was angry and a little frightened. "You can't do this to me." He shouted.

"O'Neill, perhaps a gag in the mouth might be beneficial." Teal'c suggested glaring at Whemby in disgust.

"Might be." O'Neill answered thoughtfully.

Smythe entered the room with Jacob in tow.

"Sir?" He asked Taylor.

"Stay on post Smythe. Keep your eyes sharp to the entrance to the city and the sky. Radio Craft and tell him to recon further into the city. Give me 15 minute updates." Taylor stepped away from Whemby.

Smythe had heard the interchange between the men in the room and Whemby. He made a face at Whemby. "Are you certain you do not need assistance of any type here?" He asked softly.

"No, not yet." Taylor also looked at Whemby. Taylor was trying hard to control his temper.

"Very well sir." Smythe turned and began to contact his friend as he was leaving the room.

Jacob stepped into the damaged room. He surveyed the sight. Whemby was bound on the floor and O'Neill had a gun in one hand and a rucksack in the other.

"Please tell me that's not what I think it is." Jacob said slowly.

O'Neill surrendered the bag to Jacob. Jacob took the bag and gave the Colonel a strange look.

O'Neill shook his head and walked over to the doorway. He eased around the doorframe and peered out. He saw the other members of his team scuttling down the sidewalk, staying close to the building.

No sense in being out in the open.

He glanced up to the sky and saw nothing. That meant nothing. Diama suddenly pushed hard. He gritted his teeth in pain and tried to push back.

Not now!

Daniel, Frasier and Carter entered to room. Sam looked at O'Neill as she passed him.

She frowned. He was ashen and sweating. There was moisture around his forehead and upper lip. His dark brown eyes were pinched with pain.

Daniel and Frasier eased over to where Teal'c stood. Both glanced at Whemby curiously.

Sam touched her Commanders upper arm. Her blue eyes searching his face.

"I am not even going to ask. But..I am concerned about you." She said softly.

O'Neill smiled briefly. "It's okay. We have much bigger problems." He nodded his head towards Whemby.

Sam's eyes widened. She spotted a tightly wound Taylor standing next to the seated Whemby.

"Okay." She muttered. She then looked over to where her father and the other's were standing. Jacob had a knapsack in his hands. His face was tight with anger.

"What's going on?" She asked.

"It would appear, that Whemby had an ulterior motive upon coming to this place." Teal'c observed.

"Araraan technology." Jacob said holding up the bag.

Sam's mouth dropped open.

"It's the Toomis, Neel'pa and Fraa'le." Daniel said to her.

She turned to the seated man. "Why?" She asked astonished.

"Oh, our friends at the NID are at it again." O'Neill interjected furiously.

"I should have known. They had replaced Rand way to fast. I should have smelled a rat." Taylor said angrily.

"Not your fault Mike." O'Neill reminded him.

"Yeah, but why not another SG team? Why mine?" He muttered.

"Because they knew you would be accompanying SG-1." Daniel answered looking at Whemby disgusted.

"So, what do we do with him?" Jacob asked.

"I have a suggestion." Mike said raising his hand.

"So do I, but we wouldn't get away with it...too many witnesses." O'Neill said smiling.

Sam looked at O'Neill, then to Taylor. She knew what they were contemplating.

"Okay, now we have the Araraan technology here, a mole with our group, a Goa'uld down the road, a battlecruiser flying around above us and a sarcophagus over that way that holds my unwelcome houseguest. Can it get any better than this?" O'Neill's busy hands were moving everywhere. He tightened his lips and rubbed his forehead. Diama was making her presence known. She wanted out. He wanted to oblige her, but not quite yet.

"Well, the very first thing we need to do is to go back to the sarcophagus and make sure she is inside. Then..." Daniel looked at Jack.

"Sarcophagus?" Jacob asked looking to his daughter.

"Yes, the building we took shelter in has a beautiful sarcophagus. Colonel O'Neill seems to believe that it houses Diama. There might be a way to transfer her conscious mind back into her physical body. That is, if her physical form is uh, still in one piece." Sam glanced towards her commander. She wanted to say, if the body was not mummified or rotted away.

"I've read the glifs and hieroglyphics that cover it, it mentions something of a transference." Daniel stopped and looked at Jack.

"I hear a 'but' in there. Go on." Jack closed his eyes. The pain in his head was getting worse.

"Uh, it's doesn't exactly sound like the safest thing to do." Daniel glanced to Sam then to Janet.

"Okay. According to the writings on the top of the sarcophagus, usually one would install a chip of some sort that had been downloaded from the 'Wall of Grief'. That information then would be transferred to the uh... it is called the maqtor'mensor. Which I believe translates to 'compartment of transfer'."

"It is a component which transfers the energy and memory back into the individual. It filters out any trash picked up during the reloading of the information and then downloads with the same methodology as was uplinked when she died. That word means, 'retrieval'." O'Neill said tightly. His head was pounding. He stepped to the wall and leaned against it. With narrowed eyes he peered at his friends.

"And the danger?" Janet pressed.

"The stress it will place on Jack....uh.. he is the chip. All information will have to be downloaded from him." Daniel said looking at his friend. Jack was beginning to look very pale.

"The trash picked up along the way..what would that be?" Janet asked already seeing the whole picture.

"It could be my own memories." Jack said slowly.

"So, it is possible that you could lose some of your memories along the way?" Teal'c asked quietly.

"No..yes...ah, I don't know."

"Is she alive?" Mike asked astonished.

"Yes. In a manner of speaking. The sarcophagus returned her physical body back to life, but her essence, consciousness, her memories if you will, are all locked away in Jack." Daniel pointed to O'Neill.

"If we returned her consciousness to her body, then she will be able to help us?" Whemby blurted out, his brown eyes widening.

"Shut up you weasel." Mike cuffed the man across the back of his head.

"Ow!" Whemby cried out grabbing the back of his head and glaring at Taylor angrily.

Janet moved to her commander's side. She reached down and took his left hand. His right hand was still gripping the Beretta. She frowned. Pulse rate was through the roof. He was burning up and now kind of weaving on his feet. She turned to Jacob and Daniel.

"Fella's, we better do something now."

Jack let his eyes drop heavily, he then forced them open. He looked at the petite doctor dazed. He lifted his head slightly and looked beyond the doctor to some very concerned people, then back to Janet.

"Not yet." He said to her.

She still held his left hand. He was no longer sweating. No, it was way beyond that now. His entire body was having difficulty in cooling off. His skin was red and hot to the touch. His pulse was racing. She looked up to his face. He looked so confused.

"You are killing him. If there is a way to remove you from him safely, lets do it now while we still have time."

"We can't just yet. Jack O'Neill has to complete what he was sent here to do."

Janet was slightly taken back listening to Jack speak of himself, with his voice but another's mind.

"What exactly was he sent here to do?" Sam asked coming over and standing next to him. He turned to look at her.

"He was sent here to destroy Ptah-sek-ani. You, all of you, will help him. Then, he must destroy the Araraan technology. All of it." Jack's eyes dropped slowly. He forced then open. She was too damn strong. She was pushing too much.

"Jack, stay with us." Daniel said worriedly.

"He is still here." Jack opened his eyes unevenly and pointed to his chest.

"Why would you want him to destroy the Araraan technology?" Teal'c asked.

"No! No! That would be a terrible mistake!" Whemby yelled at O'Neill.

Mike kicked him. "I told you to shut up. Teal'c, gag him!"

"With pleasure." Teal'c moved over with a piece of torn material. He tied a piece around Whemby's mouth. He stepped back to survey his work. "That should keep him quiet for a while."

O'Neill followed their movements. He could feel the pressure of Sam's cool hand on his. He felt better having her near. He turned his attention to Daniel.

"The Goa'uld would eventually gain access to it. They would destroy the Tau'ri in the process, along with many other worlds. We cannot allow this to occur."

Mike snorted rudely.

O'Neill looked to Taylor. "Their logic evolves around the fact the technology was supposed to be developed for them. Therefore, the Tau'ri and Tok'ra are the thieves."

"Really." Taylor rolled his green eyes.

"Wait, destroy all of it?" Sam looked at her father.

O'Neill tilted his head and smiled slightly.

"I agree, there are things I created that are not weapons. O'Neill is pressing that point as we speak. He is wiser than you believe."

"Ho-boy, gotta get that girl right out of his head." Daniel muttered.

"Very funny Daniel." O'Neill said in an O'Neill tone of voice.

"Jack? You back with us?" Daniel asked looking to Teal'c.

"Not yet, he pushed that. He is....a fast learner." O'Neill blinked hard and motioned to Jacob.

"Jacob, you have Natar in your possession. Watch him closely as Tor will try to kill himself. The more frightened Natar becomes, the stronger Tor gets. You do understand that there is a way to remove the Goa'uld from the host without damaging the host." O'Neill nodded.

Sam was still trying to get use to Diama speaking through her friend. She turned to catch Teal'c eye. Something was here. Something they needed to pay close attention to.

"How can you remove the Goa'uld?" Daniel asked. He understood the Tollen had a method. They did it with Skarra. But, the Tollen were, as Jack so eloquently put it, fried, dried, and put out as hide.

"The sarcophagus. It has many uses other than what the Goa'uld utilize it for."

"Natar...we had to sedate him earlier. He was hysterical. Why is he so afraid of Ptah-sek-ani?" Jacob raised his brows in question.

"That Goa'uld is an animal. A beast. He is known as 'The Abomination'." O'Neill made a face. He removed his hand from Janet and leaned towards Sam. He pointed to himself. "Watch this one closely. I have grown to like him very much and I would not wish him harm." O'Neill closed his eyes again and exhaled softly. He slid down the wall and plopped heavily on the floor. Catching everyone, including himself, off guard.

"What the hell? Sure didn't see that one coming." Daniel said moving forward towards Sam.

Janet grabbed his hand again and fumbled for a pulse. She found one. A steady soft beat. Alive. She looked to Sam and nodded her head in relief.

Taylor, who was still standing by Whemby, raised his hands up. "Well?"

"Well, he is alive. I believe that Diama is gone for now. Spent. He can only take so much stress on his body and then it shuts itself down." Sam had dropped down and had pulled him to a reclined position. She had taken off her BDU jacket and wadded it up creating a headrest. She was surprised upon touching his face how really hot he was to the touch. She glanced at his face. No smirk, no sarcastic comeback, or hard-line frown on his features. Just vulnerable. Diama must of retreated back to his subconscious mind, or where ever she goes when he can't take anymore. His face had relaxed. He sort of reminded her of a little boy at rest. Sam looked up to her friends, her eyes resting on Daniel.

"Okay, we now know that Ptah-sek-ani is a...really really bad Gould." Daniel said raising his hands up and returning his attention to his unconscious friend.

"Yeah, really bad." Jacob said thoughtfully.

"Really bad?" Mike asked worriedly. He turned and keyed his mike.

"Hey Craft, what'ca got for me?"

A moment passed and Sgt. Craft answered. "Nothing much to report sir. I don't see a thing. No one. No sign of the Goa'uld at the gate, but that could change given the nature of the beast. I am closing the gap as we speak. Is there something I should know?" Craft's voice registered no concern.

Taylor smiled. Typical. "Yeah, I am sending you some backup. Maintain radio silence unless something pops up. Taylor out."

Smythe raised his big blond head and nodded. He looked to the door and then to Whemby. Mike made a hand sign. Smythe bobbed his head and vanished out the door.

Jacob walked over to where his daughter was sitting. He stood next to Janet, who was pulling out a canteen of water.

"How is Colonel O'Neill?" He asked.

Janet handed the canteen down to Sam and met Jacob's dark eyes. "He appears to be recovering. It happens each time she backs off. What I am afraid of is, each time she comes to the surface, we lose a little more of Jack O'Neill. His vitals are not recovering as quickly each time this happens. His internal systems are showing signs of stress. I have had to resuscitate him twice in the last week due to her appearances. He has been bouncing back...but he is not super human..and..the wear and tear on his body is beginning to tell." Janet glanced at Sam, who was trying to rouse the man.

"Janet, we will get though this. Jack is very strong. Look what he had had to endure. Besides, Diama won't let his die." Daniel argued moving towards her.

"If Ptah-sek-ani manages to break through the field, Colonel O'Neill's survival will be compromised. Diama is correct in stating that we must destroy the Araraan technology before the Goa'uld have the opportunity to take it from us. For once that happens, we have given them the ability to wipe us out. Either we use it or we destroy it." Teal'c said quietly.

"But Jack understands how the weapons work. He has given us a tremendous amount of information already. We can't just throw that away!" Daniel argued. He looked at Jacob.

"Jack knows how they work. Not us!" Jacob pointed to himself.

"Dad, you know Colonel O'Neill does not fully trust the Tok'ra."

"Don't I know that!" Jacob shot back.

"Okay, okay.. until Jack comes to, we need a game plan. Smythe and Craft are doing a little recon." Mike pointed outward towards the street.

"Send Teal'c and Daniel the other way." A weary voice broke through.

Sam looked at her commander. O'Neill's eyes were opened and he was looking at her.

"Sir?" She said smiling slightly. She backed away to give him some space.

O'Neill pushed up, easing his back up the wall. He looked up to Jacob. "Yeah, send Teal'c and Daniel to scout the other direction." He shifted his head to peer at Taylor. "Hey, what's the situation with your men?"

"Hunt and seek." Mike said glaring at Whemby.

O'Neill blinked hard. "Changed my mind...Carter, you go with Teal'c, and be careful. Ptah-sek-ani is not gone, he is looking for a place to set up. Be on the alert for the pesky death gliders, he'll send them out for certain. He knows we are here. He just doesn't know where. Sweep each building and look for anything that appears unusual or out of place. Contact Smythe and Craft so they won't try to shoot you. Report back in one hour." O'Neill made a movement with his hand towards the door.

"Uh Jack? How would we know if something was out of place or looks unusual?" Daniel asked curiously.

Jack stared at Daniel for a long hard moment. "You just will. Or rather, they will." He answered pointing at Teal'c and the now standing Carter. Both Sg-1 people nodded to him. He nodded back. They eased out the door without another word.

Jack was now standing. Frasier was hovering close by. O'Neill looked at Daniel.

"Daniel, you Jacob and Janet come with me. We are going to check out that sarcophagus. I have a feeling that most of our answers are there." O'Neill turned his head towards Taylor. His expression darkened as his eyes flicked on Whemby.

"Mike, what 'ca think?" O'Neill said still staring at the NID agent.

Mike glanced down at the man on the floor. "Send him out. He can't make it through the gate. He has no GDO. He cannot contact his people. I say put his ass to work." Mike looked back to Jack and then to Jacob.

Jack smiled thinly. He also looked to Jacob.

"Sounds like a plan to me. I need to check with Lian. Whemby has no choice. Either stay here and take his chances, or out there on recon. Or come with us. Hell, give the bastard a radio and send him out." Jacob handed the bag to O'Neill.

O'Neill hefted the sack over his shoulder and nodded to Mike. "At this moment, that man is totally useless to me. Do whatever you wish with him, just keep him out of trouble or I will kill him."

Mike cut away the arm bindings and then the leg. He then dropped a radio in Whemby's lap. "Get up!" He growled.

Whemby slowly rose to his feet, looking around. His dark eyes were wide with unconcealed panic.

"W...wait, you can't send me out there without a weapon. I must have a gun." He looked to Jacob.

"Nope. You screwed up and we don't trust you anymore. Take the west and be back here in two hours for report. If you don't return, if you don't come back...well, you don't come back. When we are ready to depart, if you are here, you will go with us. If not, bye-bye." O'Neill waved at him.

"You can't do this to me!" Whemby said tightly.

"We just did you slug. The door is over there. I suggest you take your radio. Use it wisely. You never know when the Goa'uld might be listening." Mike jerked his thumb in the general direction of the door.

Daniel was quietly watching the interplay between O'Neill, Taylor and Whemby. Considering what this man was planning to do, and the fact he was from the NID, Daniel could not bring himself to feel sorry for the man. He could hardly convince himself this man was that terrified of the Goa'uld. How much of the Araraan technology was he familiar with? How in the world did he get possession of the prototypes? What happened here? Especially after what happened with Becker and Rand. Someone sure dropped the ball. Or did they? He wondered about letting this man go without something to protect himself against any wandering Jaffa. Daniel mentally shook his head. Naw, he would probably shoot one of us with a gun. Jack is right. Daniel moved over to Jack's side. He took note that the back of Jacks shirt was damp with sweat.

"Go on Whemby." Taylor gave the man a hard shove through the shattered doorway. The man took a few stumbling steps and turned back to them. "You will regret this action. All of you. That Araraan technology is what is keeping the SGC alive and Hammond knows that! You destroy it, you destroy what remains of the program. It will be on your head O'Neill. Go ahead, play God and see where it gets you. It will be your fault, not mine!"

"Job detail." O'Neill muttered in a bored voice. He pointed outward again. He turned away from the man and motioned to the others.

"Let's go, I am dying of curiosity." He remarked with a grin.

"Not even funny Jack. I swear, you have the most macabre sense of humor." Daniel walked around his friend and headed out the door pushing by Whemby.

Mike stepped out and shoved the NID man again.

"I'm your six, you asshole. Get moving and don't even think about running from me." Mike tossed a look to O'Neill.

Who nodded.

"Well, let's go see what's in this mysterious sarcophagus." Jacob said stepping beside a quiet Janet.

O'Neill allowed everyone to walk around him. Taylor and Whemby were gone already. He looked about the room, then blinked twice.

You know who is in that sarcophagus. Time is running out. Hurry.

Chapter Twelve

Talmek watched as the deathgliders were lowered into the atmosphere. He knew each and every Jaffa that was housed in the small ships. He sighed as he watched Cristis being dropped down, then Canow. He nodded as Cristis signaled to him. Why were they heading to a dead world? There was nothing there! Nothing! Talmek frowned to himself. Ptah-sek-ani saw to that. The Araraan people were dead. All of them. So, what were they looking for? Oh, a few Tau'ri were suppose to be on the surface of the moon. They had managed to drop the shield that had surrounded the moon. But some of the shields remained, like the one by the Chap'pai. That one required coding. And Natar did not know that. Talmek blinked at the sight before him. A few more gliders dropped out of sight. What were they going to do? There was nothing on the moon. So we waste time and energy going after a few insignificant humans? He shook his head. Looking up he saw that his personal ship was ready. He headed towards his glider. He loved flying the ship. The speed and power beneath his hands made him feel almost invincible. Almost. He knew that the Araraans, before Ptah-sek-ani wiped out their species, brought down several of their ships. The Goa'uld still had not figured out how they did it. The ships disintegrated and fell to the world in small fragments. Whatever it was, Ptah-sek-ani wanted it! Along with the creator of the weapon.

Talmek reached his glider and climbed into it. He sat still as the ship sealed itself around him. He sighed again. He had been doing that a lot lately. Sighing. The humans, if they are there, are ferocious fighters. Bold creatures. They are relentless, tenacious fighters. They appear to be quick to adapt to new technology and think nothing about utilizing what they learn. Against his Jaffa and God. Talmek felt his ship shudder slightly as it began to power up. He reached up and lowered his head shield. He snorted to himself. There was a rumor that one of the humans had access to the Araraan technology and was going to use it against them. Talmek nodded to himself. He certainly would if he had that knowledge. He felt the small craft jerk slightly as it was lowered into the sky below. The moment it fell free, he pushed the throttle forward and felt the G-force slam him into his seat. Ahhh, a wondrous sensation. He flipped his sensors on and began to seek the elusive Tau'ri.

Chapter Thirteen

Natar was cringing in the corner of the room. He had been ranting and screaming at Lian for the last two hours. There was madness etched in his blue eyes and fear knotting up his muscles.

The Goa'uld was absolutely terrified

Lian watched in amazement. He was waiting for Jacob, who had gone to check on Colonel O'Neill. He stood off from the Goa'uld with his Zat trained on Natar. He had been seriously debating on just putting this creature out of his misery, especially when the host pushed through and tried to kill himself. That had unnerved the Tok'ra guard thoroughly.

"Look for him. Look for him for he comes. He is the destroyer. Even Ra feared him. Listen to me, listen to me, we are in grave danger." Natar looked at Lian with glittering eyes.

Lian frowned. He turned around as he heard Jacob approach.

Jacob met Lian's eyes with question.

"He has been most irrational, especially for the last two hours. He claims Ptah-sek-ani is on his way to this place."

Jacob nodded. He stared openly at the creature huddled on the floor.

"Yes, we know Ptah-sek-ani is on his way here. I am sure he will send his gliders in first. He will be coming for the Araraan technology."

"And Colonel O'Neill." Lian pointed out.

" More than that my friend. The Araraan within O'Neill shared with us some very disturbing news." Jacob walked over to where Lian stood.

"What?" Lian watched the Goa'uld shift his weight. Natar was now staring up at the ceiling and muttering to himself.

"She has asked us to destroy the Araraan technology."

"Destroy it? Why? That is insane." Lian turned to Jacob with confusion.

"She feels that the Goa'uld will eventually gain access to it and will use the technology against us. Especially the Neel'pa. Her logic is unwavering. Apparently, O'Neill has had some internal arguments against the destruction of the weapons. He would you know. But he also understands their potential. They can be viewed as weapons of mass destruction and in the wrong hands, it could be the catalyst that could change the course of a war."

"The original three, Neel'pa, Toomis and the Fraa'le hold such promise in the war against the Goa'uld. How can we possibly and willingly destroy them?" Lian asked distressed.

"That is what she requested. She also claims that Ptah-sek-ani is an animal. If he gains access to this information, not only will he destroy the Tau'ri and the Tok'ra, but he would go after other powerful Goa'uld as well. He might even be so bold as to challenge the Asgaard."

"The Asgaard have their own difficulties with the Replicators." Lian reminded.

"They could be our problem as well." Jacob said sharply, referring to the Replicators. He walked over to Natar and knelt down looking into the terrified Goa'uld eyes.

"Tell me of Ptah-sek-ani." Selmek spoke through Jacob.

"You already know Tok'ra." Natar sneered and moved closer to the wall.

"No, I do not. I know only of rumor and hysterical stories. What is the truth?"

"He is a beast, an animal! We fear him. We all fear him!" Natar looked around Jacob to Lian.

"He is coming for that Tau'ri. He knows the Tau'ri has the knowledge of the Araraans."

"How does he know this?" Selmek could not help but be repulsed by this whining creature at his feet.

"Through me." Natar beat his chest.

"Through you? You have been our prisoner this entire time, how is it he would know these things?" Lian asked angrily.

"I have a device...inside of my chest." Natar now pointed to his chest.

"A device? What kind of device? What does it do?" Selmek demanded.

Natar suddenly smiled. "It is a tracking unit. It emits telemetry. In a manner of speaking, it utilized the vibration of my voice and translates into a language. So when I speak, he knows what is going on around me....even now. How do you think they were able to break though the shield? I told them how! I figured out how to break through it" Natar continued to smile.

Lian drew up his Zat.

Jacob's hand shot out and pushed the weapon down.

"No, no, not yet." He narrowed his eyes and stood up. The situation was getting worse and worse. "So, through you information is being passed on to him. What else does this device do?" Jacob/Selmek already had an idea.

Natar smug smile slipped from his face. His handsome features contorted.

"A failsafe protocol. It also prevents me from doing other things".

"Like what?" Lian asked curiously.

"Like escaping Ptah-sek-ani." Natar's blue eyes grew round with fear.

"Ah.' Lian said, raising his brows. " If you try to escape before all information is known, he could destroy...you." Lian pointed to Natar.

"That is why he was so willing to let you stay with us. You lead him to us." Jacob shook his head annoyed. "How did we miss this one?" He halfway turned to Lian.

"It is organic. Tissue and bone and a tiny intricate transmitter buried deep within my heart." Natar said bitterly. "When my host was taken, Ptah-sek-ani knew the Araraans had not only lied to him, but were with holding valuable information. Scraps. They were throwing us scraps. They were far more clever than we believed. It made Ptah-sek-ani furious. He knew what value I had to the leader Diama. After all, I was at one time her mate." Natar looked at his hands.

Jacob sighed. He turned away from the Goa'uld. Facing Lian, Selmak spoke softly.

"We are already compromised. We cannot allow O'Neill or anyone of his party to destroy the Araraan technology. It is imperative that we are able to study and utilize the science. It is the best technology against the Goa'uld we have ever come across."

Lian nodded. "But Ptah-sek-ani is here. How do we protect what we now have? What of O'Neill?" Lian looked over Jacob's shoulder to Natar.

"O'Neill will belong to Ptah-sek-ani before this is over. Count on that. And the weapons will be in his hands. You are powerless to do anything about it. The To'kra will never have access to the Araraan weapons." Natar bared his teeth, then laughed harshly.

Jacob refused to turn around. He looked at Lian.

Who promptly zatted Natar.

Jacob reached into a pouch and pulled out a small capsule. He turned around to the writhing Goa'uld and forced open his mouth. Taking the capsule, he squeezed it between his thumb and finger, bursting the liquid contents into the Goa'uld's mouth.

The Goa'uld fought the Tok'ra. He inhaled and coughed, then convulsively swallowed. His head wagged back and forth for a moment, then flopped back into unconsciousness.

Lian watched dispassionately. He was actually glad Jacob finally shut that thing up. True, they got some intelligence from the thing, but not much. He nodded as Jacob stood up.

It was Jacob's warm eyes that greeted him, but it was Selmak's voice.

"That should keep his quiet for a while. And not transmitting information. We must warn the other's so any other thing he happens to hear will be disinformation. I wish we had picked on this earlier. I pray that it is not too late." the Tok'ra shook his head.

"Colonel O'Neill and the others?"

"Ah, they went back to seek out the sarcophagus of Diama. They seem to think they can reintegrate Diama's conscious mind into her healed body."

"Can they do that? Is that possible?" Lian's green eyes widened.

"I believe so. It is something we must look into if they are successful."

"And the Araraan technology?"

"Some of it is already in our hands. Brought here by one of their NID spy's. I do not believe Colonel O'Neill or Major Taylor were very pleased with Whemby's behavior." Jacob thought back about what Sam had told him. O'Neill had put a gun to Whemby's head, and seriously considered pulling the trigger. But it would have been a coin toss to see who would have put Whemby away first, O'Neill or Taylor.

"Whemby? A spy? Why?" Lian, although he tried not to, he absolutely loved gossip. He was the greatest source of amusement and juicy stories. Whenever Jacob wanted to know something, outside of need to know, he would seek out Lian.

"They wish for the weapons to be field tested. This moon offered a perfect opportunity. How he thought no one would find out is what astonishes me." Jacob shook his head in amazement.

"So who has the Araraan weapons now?"

"O'Neill does."

"Is that wise? Do you believe he might destroy the weapons while under Diama's influence?"

Jacob shook his head slowly. "No, I do not believe so. He has several primary goals here. One is to reunite Diama with her physical self. The other equally important task is to destroy Ptah-sek-ani. He has many things to consider at this time. If Diama does leave him, will he retain any of the Araraan memories? If so, could he recreate any one of the weapons? We, as the Tok'ra, must coerce O'Neill into sharing this information and not destroy it." Selmak spoke his thoughts.

Lian was now staring at the unconscious Goa'uld. "Yes, but will he? As you well know, O'Neill has made it no secret that he does not trust the Tok'ra."

"And for good reason. Our track record with him is not exactly the best. We haven't always been up front with them." Jacob now spoke.

"He is Tau'ri." Lian said simply shrugging his shoulders.

"At one time, so was I." Jacob gently reminded.

"Ah, yes, I do remember." Lian smiled slightly embarrassed.

"I am going to locate the Colonel and check with his progress. Please keep me informed on Natar's condition." Jacob gestured towards the supine Goa'uld.

"He should sleep for a while, yes?" Lian raised his brows.

"Yes, let us hope it keeps Ptah-sek-ani wondering for a little while."

Jacob nodded to his friend and left.

Lian glanced back down at the unconscious Goa'uld. He shuddered slightly. Then exhaled loudly, wondering what made him shudder like that.

Chapter Fourteen.

O'Neill ran his hands over the lid of the beautiful sarcophagus. He was thinking about the astonishing workmanship. For once, he truly appreciated the artistry that went into designing this rig.

Daniel carefully watched Jack's body language and facial expressions as he explored the home of the Araraan woman Diama. There was a look of joy and pleasure on the older mans face. His body was doing something else. The military man gently ran his weathered hands over the carved symbols, stroking each one and lingering over some to read.

Read?

"Uh Jack?" Daniel moved towards his friend.

"Yeah Daniel, what is it?" Jack knelt down by the side of the large sarchogus and ran his fingers over a black opaque plate that one raised on one side.

"What'ca doing?" Daniel squatted down next to Jack to watch him closer.

"What does it look like I'm doing?" Jack s voice held a far removed quality to it.

"Reading hieroglyphics." Daniel said simply.

"Okay." Jack continued to scan the sides of the box.

"And?" Daniel pressed.

"And I am reading. Okay? Anything wrong with that?"

"Uh, last I recall, you weren't exactly proficient with the ancient Goa'uld language. Sooo..is this Diama or Jack reading?" Daniel turned so he could look into his friend's face.

Jack looked exhausted.

"I know some. I've learned a few things in the years I have known you. Don't you like surprises Danny-boy?" Jack turned to face his friend. He was sweating again.

"It is Diama!" Daniel accused. He stood up suddenly. "She needs to leave you."

"And she will. We are merely waiting for Ptah-sek-ani to arrive. She wants to personally destroy him for the ruination of her people and her homeworld. He wiped out her entire race." Jack looked up at Daniel. There was a strange glimmer in his dark eyes. It was there for a fragment of a moment, then it was gone.

"Okay, if you can read the glyphs, what do they say?" Daniel backed away uneasily.

Janet walked over from a corner of the room. She had been reviewing past imprints of other SGC personnel. She now wondered if there was some long term effects that they had overlooked. When she got back to the base, she was going to call everyone back in for a re-evaluation.

"Daniel, I know you don't remember,' Jack smiled fondly at the thought, ' but you and I spent several loops studying ancient Egyptian. I could not go the hieractic or Doric or that odd cuneiform..you know, the Sumerian and Akkadian stuff, but I did learn this and what they mean." O'Neill pointed at the raised glyphs.

Daniel's mouth dropped open.

"Loops?" Janet asked curiously.

"Not fruit, thank you, but as in time." Jack said scanning the remainder of the text.

"Oh." Daniel said as he shut his mouth. The light bulb finally went off. What else did he do or learn during that time? Daniel knew that Teal'c and Jack had learned a good bit of Latin, actually, a lot of Latin. Jack loved to annoy him when he would spout off Latin phases every now and then. He also learned pottery making. Daniel mentally shook his head with that one. Who would have ever thought Jack O'Neill, soldier extraordinaire would have taken this time to create beautiful pottery? And Teal'c? Golf. Daniel smiled briefly. Teal'c could drive the hell out of a ball. Then could turn around and sink a perfect four-foot putt. Daniel came out of his musings when he heard Janet calling his name.

"Daniel?" She said for the third time.

Daniel blinked and smiled sheepishly.

"Sorry, woolgathering." He shrugged.

"Must have been really interesting." She observed.

"Uh, yes." He returned his wandering attention to Jack, who was now standing off away from the sarcophagus.

"So, ah, back to...ah..what does it say?" Daniel had already translated some of it but he wanted to hear Jack's interpretation.

"Okay, here.." Jack pointed to the side he had been looking at. "They, or whoever, it does not specify who wrote this, claims that Diama is their....Arvalam..something like a ruler or ah...guardian of sorts. She is to return." Jack leaned over and ran his finger over a symbol. "She is to return to save her people...no..no...not save her people...ah, release her people." Jack frowned suddenly.

"That's exactly right!" Daniel said amazed. He pointed to the writings down the side and rapidly read the text. "It's Gould alright. It goes on to say, she shall return..she will set the world right and good. Look, here and here..." Daniel jabbed his finger at the etchings. "It makes claim of conquering their greatest foe and freeing the people from slavery. Or perhaps that is death." Daniel squinted at the symbol.

"It is death. Uh oh, looky here." O'Neill ran his hand over the finely carved symbols.

Daniel bent over and peered owlishly. Uh oh is right.

"Okay Jack, I don't like the read of this." He said backing away.

"You think I do?" Jack's dark eyes widened.

"What? Let us in on the big secret here." Janet said feeling way out of the loop. She was standing between the two men.

"Well, it says that an outworlder, with knowledge of the Arvalam shall lead the way to freedom. This one will strike down the evil and raise the sword, uh..wait a minute..is that word sword?" Daniel frowned. He pointed.

"It's an euphemism." Jack answered. He backed away from the sarcophagus.

"An euphemism for what?" Janet looked at her commander curiously.

"I think this passage means that I will be the one to kill the bad guy and release her people from the Wall of Grief."

"Prophecy?" Daniel kept reading the passage.

"If you want to call it that." Jack said uneasily.

"Okay, according to this, you are going to destroy the Goa'uld and set everything right for the Araraan people? How?" Janet asked O'Neill.

O'Neill had paled slightly and appeared to be shaken.

"Colonel O'Neill?" Janet took a few steps closer.

"Sure, ya betca. Just a little sick to my stomach now. I know what she wants us to do and it ain't pretty." Jack turned to Daniel.

"She wants us to use her technology to destroy Ptah-sek-ani." Daniel answered.

"Oh, and more. She wants us to destroy the first research center and then this place. Leave nothing of their race behind. And then finally..." Jack swallowed and looked at Janet.

"Go on." She said guarded.

"I must reinstate her to her form and I am suppose to take her life." He said slowly.

"What? She wants you to kill her?" Daniel said outraged.

"She said it is to come. The Araraan people must be totally free of the Goa'uld. That includes the histories that are etched upon the Wall of Grief. If she continued to exist, and was able to raise an army against the Goa'uld and become allies with us, the Goa'uld would hound her for the knowledge. They would use it against her and those who would be her allies and the outcome would be disastrous. It would be universally disastrous. She opts for the control of her own destruction." O'Neill closed his eyes.

"She wants to die? After all this? I don't understand. Why? She has so much to offer. We could help her." Daniel said passionately.

"Yes, but what would she be coming back to? Her people are dead, murdered by the Goa'uld. Her mate a Goa'uld himself. And her gifts, there would be the real possibility of them falling into the hands of the creature who created these acts of terrorism. And ultimately, she would be responsible. Especially, if other worlds succumbed to his tyranny due to her technology." Janet said sadly. She watched O'Neill carefully.

"She knew from the moment I touched that wall what was going to happen. Or what the inevitable would be. She controls the end results, whether we like it or not. She was waiting for someone like me to touch that wall." O'Neill opened his eyes slowly. The strange glimmer happened again. Then it passed.

But not before Janet and Daniel saw it.

"Hey, what was that?" Daniel said pointing to Jack.

"I saw it also. That is not the first time that has occurred." Janet said covering the distance between her and O'Neill.

"We gotta get out of here." Jack said suddenly. His dark brown eyes widening. "We gotta get out of here now!" He jerked forward grabbing Janet by the arm. With the other hand he grabbed his radio.

"Carter! Report!"

There was a moment of static and then her voice came in. There was a lot of background noise.

"Sir! Gliders just dropped out of the sky. I count at least three. Teal'c and I are taking cover. I don't think they have seen us yet!" She shouted into the mike as she ran.

"Stay out of sight. What is your twenty?"

"From you sir? We are about two klicks west of our original position."

O'Neill could hear one of the gliders scream overhead.

"Don't move. We are on our way out. They probably won't attack the outskirts of the city. What is your weapon situation?"

"C-4, a few grenades, two Zat, my P-90 with two clips. Teal'c staff weapon, a Beretta 44 with two clips, ah.."

"Okay, I get it, do not waste ammo. We might have to get creative. I'll check back in fifteen. Unless you are in trouble, maintain radio silence. O'Neill out."

Daniel's blue eyes widened. He reached over and pulled out his handgun. He engaged a round into the chamber.

Janet did the same. She turned her warm brown eyes to her commander.

The radio crackled. O'Neill flipped it on and responded.

"O'Neill."

"Jack?" Static filled the room. "Jack?"

"Yeah Mike, what is your sitrep?"

"Under fire. Smythe and Craft are with me. Oops, damn it, that was way to close. Jack, I count four gliders, two heading your way."

Jack could hear the sound of the gliders buzzing over Taylor's group.

"Mike, stay put man. Don't return fire yet. They are guessing, they do not know for certain if we are down here. Travel only if there are no ships in sight. Copy?"

"Yessir." Mike's voice sounded tinny.

"What's your twenty?"

"Uh, whoa, low glider! Uh, we are about three klicks north-northeast of your position. Our protection will hold for now, but I don't know how long it will remain safe here. Get down you stupid fucker! Damn Whemby, you wanna get your fucking head shot off?" Mike yelled off in the distance.

"Let him! That is one less problem we have to deal with." Smythe shouted over the glider strafe.

O'Neill heard Smythe's comment.

Not a bad idea.

"Colonel, I think this might be just random firing. Believe you are right about them guessing if we are down here." There was another sound of an explosion nearby.

"Stay down, conserve your ammo. Whatever you do, don't give away your position. I'll be in touch. O'Neill out."

Jack turned around to face Daniel and Janet. He glanced down at the bag on the floor. His eyes lingered there a moment.

"You are not thinking about using those things, are you?" Daniel asked following his eyes.

"Maybe, maybe not. At least two of those things could bring down a ship. The Fraa'le could disable that mothership up there." O'Neill said thoughtfully.

"Is that what she has in mind?" Janet asked.

"I don't think so. There are good points and bad points to using these weapons." O'Neill stepped over and picked up the bag. He peered inside and pulled out the Toomis. He held it up and admired the glittering band.

"Ya know, this thing holds eight rounds. I could bring down eight gliders."

"And what if there are sixteen gliders?" Daniel asked sharply. He watched Jack closely. He was afraid that his friend would slap that weapon on his wrist again.

"Then there would only be eight gliders left. We have to do something. We are sitting ducks here." O'Neill snapped back.

"Is this what you want to do? What do we have to do to bring down a glider?" Janet asked looking from man to man.

O'Neill shrugged. "Two rocket launchers with four rounds each. So, there go the other eight. Problem solved!" O'Neill directed the remark towards Daniel.

"But are we sure we want to use the Araraan technology? If we bring those gliders down with the Toomis, don't you think all hell will break loose?" Daniel argued.

"You don't think it has already? Those gliders are nothing! That character up there has weapons on his ship that can, and by the way has, destroyed planets!" Jack waved his hand furiously towards the ceiling. "But, you know what? He won't do that!" Jacks brown eyes were flushed with anger.

Janet directed her attention solely towards O'Neill. "Why Colonel O'Neill? And how do you know that for certain?"

"Because he knows I'm here. And he won't risk killing me, at least not yet. Not until he has all the information on the Araraan technology." Jack pointed to himself.

"You're right Jack. He knows you are here and probably everyone else." A new voice piped in.

Jacob. He was standing in the remains of the shattered doorway looking very worried.

Jack and Daniel turned to face the Tok'ra.

"What do you mean he knows?" Daniel and Janet asked at the same time.

"Jinx." O'Neill muttered.

"Natar has a cleverly hidden locator in his chest. Clever because it appears as tissue and bone. But all the while sending information to Ptah-sek-ani. He was the one who enabled the Goa'uld to break through the moon's shielding. I am sorry Jack, we did not know." Jacob said quietly.

"How could you?" Jack asked raising his hands.

"Now what?" Daniel said to no one in particular.

"Well, we could shut that ship down, but God knows where it would crash." Jack said looking at Jacob.

"You could at that. In the long run, you may not have a choice." Jacob agreed.

"More Araraan technology?" Janet asked.

"In the bag." Jack lifted the rucksack up and eyed it.

"Uh Jack, do we want to do this?" Daniel began, raising a finger.

Somewhere very close by a violent explosion rattled the room. Then another and another. The wall on one side began to fracture apart.

Jack spun around and looked to the wall. "Like Jacob said Daniel, we may not have a choice." He shouted over the next two glider bombardments.

Daniel fell to the floor when one explosion hit very close to their cover.

Janet slammed into Jacob.

"Oh, sorry General." She said pushing off. Then with the next attack she too fell hard to the floor.

Jack ran to the ruined doorway and peered out. Two gliders zoomed overhead. They were flying right above the building.

"Damn, damn, damn!" Jack glanced back. Jacob was by his side looking out also.

"Stay down." Jack made a pushing down motion with his hand. His radio came to life. He quickly keyed it in.

"Sir?" It was a slightly stressful sounding Carter.

"Carter?" O'Neill shouted back. The bombardments were getting closer.

"We had to move on sir. We are about a half a klick from your twenty. They made us sir!"

O'Neill could hear the sounds of attack through her radio. She and Teal'c were right down from them. That made him feel somewhat better. "Carter, they knew we were here. Stay put. Don't come any closer for now. We need to stay separated." O'Neill was worried, but if they were all together, capture would be a piece of cake. No, he wanted them scattered for now. They need to work on the defense.

"Roger sir. Do we return fire?"

O'Neill looked to Jacob, then to Daniel and Janet. Why not?

"Yeah, yeah, but make every shot count." He keyed the mike off and thought for a moment, he quickly clicked the mike back on. "Oh, and for Gods sake, stay under cover, don't give me a heart attack!"

There was a moment of silence, then she replied. "I understand sir, be careful also. Carter out."

O'Neill was contacting Taylor. "Hey Mike, pick up!"

There was a sudden blast of static then Taylor's voice came through. "Jack! Jack?" It sounded like he was running.

"What's your twenty?"

"Ducking in and out of these God forsaken bombed out buildings. What the hell is going on?" He had stopped somewhere and was panting heavily.

"Mike, there is no doubt they know we are here. Protect yourself. You guys have the rocket launchers?"

"Craft's GI Joe toy? You betca. Can we use it boss?" There was a slight edge to the Major's voice.

"Have at it. Aim true, we only have eight rounds."

"I told you we should have brought the nukes!" Craft shouted in the background.

O'Neill knew they were under attack as well.

"Mike, we stay apart. We are working on something here. Just be patient."

"Roger that. We'll hold the fort from here. Taylor out!"

O'Neill could hear Teal'c's staff weapon firing. They were close.

Think!

There was a loud thunking sound somewhere in the distance.

"That's a hit." Daniel said helping Janet up.

Shortly after that noise, there was the unmistakable whining of a glider coming down and then the horrific impact close by.

"That's one." Jack whispered.

"Jack, there is no way in hell we are going to be able to defeat Ptah-sek-ani's glider force, not with the weapons we have at hand. We are going to have to get out into the open to bring those ships down." Jacob shouted over another explosion.

Fragments of ceiling crumbled in around them.

"Yeah, I know that. It's time to break out the new stuff." Jack still held the Toomis in his hand. He hefted it, rotating it from side to side. He stared at it for a long moment, then slapped it on his right wrist.

"I am going to need some cover fire." He said looking at Jacob and Daniel.

Janet stepped around Daniel. Another volley of fire hit close by. She ducked momentarily then stood up. "What exactly do you have in mind?" She demanded.

"The ships that get by Mike will have to come this way, and when they do fly over, I'll knock them down with this thing." Another explosion rocked the room. O'Neill figured that the explosion would help drive his point home.

Daniel stared at the Toomis, now locked on O'Neill's wrist. It was flashing a sequenced pattern. Red, red, purple, purple, blue. Over and over again. Daniel watched amazed. He pointed to the band and asked. "What does that mean?"

Jack touched the band, making physical contact with it. "It means it is armed and ready to go."

"You are positive you know how to work that thing?" Daniel looked worriedly at Janet and Jacob.

"Yes, I do." Another explosion hit the building across the street from them, sending debris into their shattered doorway. The force threw all four to the floor.

"Okay, you know how to use it, tell us what you want us to do." Jacob said crawling up to a shaky stand.

O'Neill was already on his feet. He flicked a look at Daniel and Janet.

They both nodded that they were okay.

"I've got to get out into the open to effectively use this thing. I need to draw them to me. I want you guys to fire from the sides to provide a distraction while I get into position."

"You are making yourself a target?" Janet said outraged.

"It works." Jack reached down and contacted Carter.

"Major Carter?"

"Sir!" His SIC answered over the sound of a glider zooming overhead.

"Cease firing. Let them come my way."

"Sir?" Her astonished voice came back.

"I have the Toomis and I plan to put it to good use."

"Is that wise, O'Neill?" Teal'c got on the radio.

"Wise? Maybe not, but it is the best option we have to offer, considering what we are up against. Save your ammo, send those puppies to me."

"Sir, I really don't want to ask, but I will. How do you plan to do this?" Carter asked as a glider screamed over them.

"As quickly as possible. Don't worry about how I plan to do it. Besides, what better time than now to field test the weapon. Isn't that what the NID would do?"

"Sir? I must tell you, I don't like your plan one bit."

"Yeah, how about that? Just do as I asked, Major. O'Neill out." He emphasized her rank to drive his point home. Jack looked to Jacob. O'Neill had that 'see' look on his face.

"Yes, I know. She would argue with a barn door if she thought she would win the argument." Jacob answered glancing outside again. Another glider buzzed by.

"Are you guys ready?" O'Neill said looking at his friends.

"I'm going out there with you." Daniel announced.

"I don't think that is such a good idea." O'Neill countered stepping to the door.

"I don't think so either, but neither is your idea. So, I'm going to be your back. Jacob and Janet can supply the distraction. You are not going out there alone."

"Daniel, I know what I am doing. I do not want to put you or anyone else at risk."

"Oh, it is way too late to consider that. If you go out there I go out there."

O'Neill recognized the jaw set on Daniel's face. "Aw, for crying out loud." O'Neill muttered.

"Here they come!" Janet shouted from the window.

Jack took out the doorway with Daniel hot on his heels. He ran to the center of the road and watched the glider drop out of the sky and swoop towards him. He could feel Daniel at his shoulder. Gun raised and ready.

"Ho boy." He heard Daniel breath.

As the glider neared, Jack held up his right arm and pointed the weapon towards the small ship that was bearing down on them. Then, very quickly, he ran his left hand in a sequence over the flashing lights. A breath passed and then the lights all turned red. O'Neill raised his arm high and squeezed his hand.

The glider was still several hundred feet away. There was a vibration and then the sound of something.

Ffuuummmpppttt.

Neither O'Neill nor Daniel really saw what hit the glider, they just knew it had been hit. The ship shuddered, tilted, then suddenly fragmented into thousands of pieces. O'Neill and Daniel ducked across the road into shelter as the fragments fell to the ground.

"Oh sweet! Was that cool or what?" O'Neill panted excitedly.

His radio came to life and he clicked it on. "O'Neill here."

"What the hell was that?" Taylor's voice shouted.

"Oh man, that was the Toomis hitting one of their gliders, Neat huh?" O'Neill's eyes glittered with excitement.

Daniel watched the older man's face. Jack really got into this type of stuff.

"That's what the Toomis does? Wow." Taylor's voice held amazement.

Jack could hear excited voices in the background. After all, none of them has ever witnessed the power of the weapon he now held.

"Hey Mike, hold your position. Give us cover, but don't waste your ammo. I have no idea how many gliders are left." O'Neill turned to Daniel and met the sharp blue eyes.

Daniel was clearly worried.

"Roger that. Out." Mike cut the communication.

"How did you control that force? As I recall, the last time you did that, it threw me on my butt. This time I only felt a slight vibration."

" Uh, I really don't know. I believe it has something to do with the sequence values I put in. Whatever, it did bring that ship down, well didn't it?" O'Neill raised his brows and jerked a thumb outside.

"Almost on top of us!" Daniel shouted.

"So, I wait until it is right over us to fire and the debris will fall away from us. That way!" O'Neill stepped into the street and pointed away from his people.

"We wait until it is right on top of us? Have you lost your damn mind? Why not just paint a big target on our chests? Jack, we won't have any protection if that glider decides to rain fire on us! Have you even considered that?" Daniel was outraged by O'Neill's suicidal behavior.

Jack stared at Daniel for a long moment, then blinked.

"They cannot touch us." He stated and headed to the middle of the street. He caught Jacob out of the corner of his eye. The Tok'ra had moved into a more strategic position. Jack nodded in approval. It gave them better cover. O'Neill turned his head and saw Janet peering out of a door. Her brown eyes were wide but unafraid. He could hear the gliders in another part of the city firing on his people.

Sam and Teal'c.

He could hear the sound of a staff weapon releasing round after round.

He waited.

Daniel stumbled out from their protected place and nearly ran into his friend.

Jack was smiling slightly. He appeared calm and relaxed. His dark eyes searched the sky.

Waiting.

Yeah. They were coming to him. Thanks to Sam and the others.

"Come to Poppa." He whispered.

Daniel grabbed Jack's left arm and pulled him around to face him. Daniel had never seen Jack take this kind of attitude with battle. He was usually keyed up and buzzing with adrenaline. This was something totally out of character for the soldier.

But maybe not Diama.

"What do you mean, they can't touch us?" Daniel demanded shaking Jack.

"They can't. Watch." Jack smiled at Daniel. "This will pissed him off."

"Him? Him who? Him, like Ptah-sek-ani? How on Earth do you know that?" Daniel could hear the sound of a glider in the distance closing fast.

"Uh Daniel? Maybe you want to move over there?" Jack wagged a finger towards Janet.

"No! This is insane! You are coming inside with me! She is making you risk your life!" Daniel looked over his shoulder to see the glider begin to drop into its attack.

Jack wrapped his arm around his friend and shoved him behind him. He waited as the glider descended lower and lower. The bulb like weapons attached to the wings flared open.

"It looks like they have all intentions of firing on us." Daniel shouted over the din.

"Naw, just watch." Jack held up his arm. As the glider beared down on them, he ran a sequence on the armband.

"Uh...uh...Jack? I think you should fire now!" Daniel pointed to the craft now almost on top of them.

A bolt of fire exploded on the ground in front of them. A mere 60 feet away.

"Hold it....and now!" Jack cried out.

Once again, there was a vibration to the air. But this time, there was an electrical tingly sensation that went through both men.

Ffffffuuuuuuuummmmmppptttt.

They both saw the ship take a solid hit. The vessel rock back and then fragmented into pieces, scattering downward. There was no sound of an explosion. The remainder of the glider fell to the ground beyond where the two men stood.

Jack and Daniel watched as the ship disintegrated.

"What was that?" Daniel asked shaken.

"Force shield. I told you it was cool." Jack glanced at the Toomis and raised his arm towards Daniel.

"Force shield?"

"Yeah, that tingly tight feeling right before it hit the ship? It's a limited range force shield that surrounds us. Similar to the one Apophis used on us when we first met the Nox. When I initiated the second round, I also put in a secondary sequence for a shield.

"Jack? This is serious stuff. You act like this is some new toy to play with." Daniel said outraged.

Jack spun around and looked up to the sky. "Uh-oh, company. Look sharp Daniel."

Another glider dropped from the sky.

Chapter Fifteen.

Sam spun around to the new sound. It came from O'Neill's direction.

"What is that?" She asked Teal'c.

Then there was the absolute sound of something large hitting the ground.

They both ran to the doorway and looked out. Both soldier and Jaffa could see smoke rising from beyond the city.

"Did you hear that sound?" Sam asked. She turned and looked at the Jaffa in surprise.

"Yes, it is unlike anything I have heard before. I take it O'Neill is utilizing the Toomis."

"Oh my God, he really is using the Toomis." Sam lifted her head as she watched another glider shoot by them.

"They are heading towards O'Neill." Teal'c said watching the glider. "It did not attack us nor Major Taylor's group. If it is the Toomis, O'Neill could easily bring the glider's down...for a while."

Sam looked at the Jaffa. "How is he doing this?" Very much dreading the answer.

"I do not know. I am not sure I want to know."

Again, the strange sound filled the area.

Sam and Teal'c looked at each other.

They both heard the distinctive sound of something hitting the glider. The next sound was a huge renting noise, then pieces of something hitting the ground. Somewhere beyond the street.

"Ah, O'Neill is allowing the ship to come up on them so that the debris will travel away." Teal'c observed.

"Has he lost his ever loving mind? He can get killed doing that!" Sam blurted out angrily.

"I am certain that thought has crossed his ever loving mind."

"His mind or hers?" Sam looked out again. She studied the sky, thinking to herself. No sign of further gliders. Where were they? Maybe they pulled off knowing that conventional weapons were not being used but something unknown to them. She stepped back and frowned at Teal'c.

"I'm contacting him." She keyed her radio.

"Colonel O'Neill?" She glanced outside again.

There was a moment, then her commanders voice came through.

"Yup. What is it Carter?"

"Ah sir? What are you doing?"

"Right now? At this moment?"

"No sir, with the Toomis." She tried not to sound angry.

"This thing is way cool Major. Did you know I can configure a force field into it while firing it at the same time? Danny and I just tested it. The parameters of this thing are absolutely endless. Why I can even determine what type of material I'm dealing with, and for clean up purposes, change the particle settings, because that is what destroys the material of whatever we are attacking, you know, it separates and breaks it down to a molecular basis that can be altered...."

"Sir!" Sam was now angry. She took a deep breath.

"Carter?" There was a slight hurtful sound to his voice.

Sam realized that he was reacting the exact same way she would have with the given knowledge. Ahh, now she knew how he felt sometimes. She exhaled slowly before answering.

"The glider's have stopped their attack."

"Yeah, I noticed. They are trying to figure out what is bringing their ships down. They know about the RPG's and staff weapons, but this, this is new to them. I figure they can't risk losing any more gliders to an unknown weapon." O'Neill answered.

"Sir, Teal'c and I are coming out."

There was silence on the other end.

"Sir?" She glanced at Teal'c, who was now waiting at the door.

"Uh, wait five minutes, then come on. Watch the sky. I really don't trust them. I think we threw them for a loop. Don't you?"

Sam smiled slightly. "Yes sir, you might say that. Five minutes sir and then we will be on our way. Carter out." She returned her attention to Teal'c.

He turned away from the door and faced her. "We must be very careful from this point on. I have a bad feeling about this entire thing. I do not understand it, but when O'Neill has a gut feeling about something, he is seldom incorrect. I shall follow his example." Teal'c nodded outside to a momentarily calm sky.

"Let's get moving. I don't want to be caught out there if they decide to come back."

Sam walked beside the large Jaffa and stepped to the doorway. She looked out and upward.

"They will be back. They are temporarily confused. But regardless of the loss of life in those gliders, they will return, even if it insures their death. This much I know of Goa'uld warlords." Teal'c said nodding.

"Yes, I can imagine." Sam frowned at the clear sky. Deep inside, she knew Teal'c was right. It was the other parts that frightened her senseless. What they would do to Colonel O'Neill if they captured him? She shuddered.

"Are you unwell Major Carter?" Teal'c asked concerned.

"I'm alright. Just worried."

"I understand. I feel that way as well."

Sam chewed on the bottom of her lip as the five minutes ticked away. She was worried.

Chapter Sixteen.

Ptah-sek-ani howled in fury as one more glider fell to the moon's surface.

"What is that? What do they have in their possession that is doing that? He cried out to the ceiling. He pulled at his clothes. There was no one in his chamber at the moment. The last one there had to be..... removed.

Ptah-sek-ani stormed over to a view screen and watched in amazement as the Tau'ri O'Neill raised his arm and successfully brought down yet another glider.

Fractured.

Splintered.

Ripped apart by some unseen powerful force.

He watched the look of amazement on the other human's face. Daniel Jackson. Ptah-sek-ani forgot about the destroyed gliders and Jaffa within. He studied Jackson's youthful face.

Such blue eyes.

Intelligent eyes.

Frightened eyes.

Aahhhh, such beautiful eyes.

He then turned to O'Neill. The human had lowered the....weapon and was smiling at the other human, Jackson. Here was an older, more experienced warrior. Yes, a warrior. Ptah-sek-ani watched the human move about with an assurity that goes with being such a warrior.

What a Jaffa he would have made!

Far too dangerous to become a Goa'uld. He continued to watch O'Neill move with an athletic ease that comes from years of training.

A fighter.

A leader.

Older, yes, but worthy.

Nice features. He has such dark expressive eyes.

Ptah-sek-ani put one hand to his chest. He could feel his heart racing. The potentials were endless.

He decided that he needed them both.

O'Neill's knowledge of the Araraans was priceless, yes. And that stupid bitch Diama deserved to die. Really die. But the package is worth keeping.

Ptah-sek-ani stepped away from the screen. His anger spent. Now, he was considering his options with the Tau'ri. He could ill-afford to send out any more gliders. The Tau'ri already brought down five and he had nothing to show for it. He pressed his lips tightly together. A sign of frustration. He had to draw the two humans out into the open.

Yes.

He raised his dark brows and ran his hands through his long dark hair.

The plan was forming.

Chapter Seventeen.

Mike Taylor did not trust the calm. It made him very nervous. He was leaning against a wall inside a crumbling building. The Goa'uld gliders had really done a number on the city. They had randomly rained fire on anything and everything. That's all they understand! How to steal and destroy. He glanced over to Whemby. Who was looking nervously at him. Taylor glared at him. We are not so different from the Goa'uld, are we? Steal and destroy. Yeah, sounds just like some factors in the NID. Taylor thought this bitterly. He pushed away from the wall and wandered over to his men.

Smythe was quietly looking out the window. Scanning for enemy ships. He turned slightly upon hearing his commander's approach.

"Something is going on here." He said softly.

Taylor stood next to him and nodded in agreement. He looked down to a seated Craft. Who was cleaning his rifle. Craft nodded as well, but continued to quietly work.

"They have been called off for now." Taylor observed.

"To regroup?" Craft asked slapping a new magazine into his P-90.

"Don't know for certain. I think the Toomis threw them for a loop. I would bet money that they now know it was an Araraan device, especially since it was used on them once before."

"That much I understand, but, it is not like the Goa'uld to back off. If he...Ptah whatever, has the man power, it has been my experience, they will use every Jaffa they have to get what they want. They know we are stuck here, what are they waiting for?" Smythe asked still watching the clear sky.

"The Araraan technology." Whemby piped up from across the room.

Craft bared his teeth at the man. "Well that's a no brainer!" He sneered.

"No, no, don't you see, we made it work. They are powerful weapons in the hands of those who understand how they operate. We have that capability! That's why we can't destroy them. We cannot carry out that Araraan woman's wishes!"

Craft jerked his weapon up and sighted it at Whemby's head.

Whemby's arms jerked up. He looked to Taylor.

"Listen to me! You are a reasonable man, don't you see the potential of these weapons in the war against the Goa'uld?"

"Sure I do, but not in your hands." Taylor said slowly.

Craft motioned with his gun and fluidly stood up. "Major Taylor? I respectfully request permission to blow that asshole away."

Smythe barked out a laugh.

"Ahh, let me think." Taylor narrowed his eyes.

"Please?" Craft smiled darkly.

"No, Colonel O'Neill said not to waste our ammo, and that would be a clear waste of a bullet." Taylor made a motion with his hand.

Craft nodded and pushed his weapon around to his back. He walked over to Whemby and pushed the man to the floor. "Stay there Whemby or I will be forced to bound and gag you." Craft said with open contempt.

"How dare you treat me like this! I am only doing what I was ordered to do. Which is to test the Araraan weapons. I'm going to file a report describing in full this horrendous treatment and behavior of so-called military people. You will be punished I can promise you that!"

"What makes you so sure you are getting back to file that report?" Smythe said from the doorway. "I see trouble on the horizon!" He jerked his blond head to the east.

Gliders were dropping from the sky and heading their way.

"Damn. Told you it would not last long!" Smythe said reaching down to grab a RPG. They had two rounds left.

Taylor slapped his radio.

"Hey Colonel, got your ears on? We have company dropping in fast at ten o'clock."

"Yeah Mike, we see them. You need to make a run for the Stargate. I don't know how long we can hold out here. We need reinforcements."

"It is about eight klicks from here to the Stargate."

Smythe and Craft were listening intently.

"And open desert. Yeah I know. Not to many places to take cover. But we all can't stay here and allow them to take pot shots at us forever. The options that I have left don't look real encouraging. I want you guys to work your way to the entrance of the city. Stop whatever comes your way. We'll cover your six."

"We will bring back help. Be careful. Taylor out."

Major Taylor looked at his men and smiled gently. "Anyone for aerobics?"

Both men grinned back.

Whemby frowned. His only thought was to get to the Stargate and report the terrible usage of military protocol and misconduct. His second thought was retrieving all the weapons before O'Neill destroyed them. The thought of killing O'Neill crossed his mind several times. If necessary, of course. He pressed against the wall and worked on a plan of escape.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Hallrho