Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Goodbye Daniel

by Georgia
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Goodbye Daniel

Goodbye Daniel

by Georgia

Title: Goodbye Daniel
Author: Georgia
Email: foxy_snow_kitten@yahoo.com
Category: Angst, Hurt/Comfort
Episode related: 521 Meridian
Season: any Season
Pairing: Daniel/Janet, Sam/Jack
Rating: G
Warnings: character death
Summary: um, well they want to give Daniel a good send off--> probably best if you just read!!
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).

Disclaimer: I own diddlysquat, well except my chocolate milk and snail like 'puter!! So please don't sue, coz all y'all get is a 'puter that crashes every 5 minutes and a half drunk glass of choccy milk!!!

Authors Notes: (wow that sounds cool!!) uh, well I use one song in this, only I can't remember who its by, or what its called, (sorry to that person!!! I have the memory of a marshmallow!!) But I thought it filled with Daniel leaving and all. Enjoy... or cry, whichever you want. Oh and feedback would be great whether it s criticisms or praise- I will be most thankful- maybe y'all get a cookie or summit.

It had been a pretty normal day for SG1, the flag team of StarGate Command- normal yet somehow empty. The day had progressed like any other- Colonel Jack O'Neill, his 2iC Major Samantha Carter, Teal'c and Jonas Quinn had gone off world exploring, and had come back surprisingly uninjured. They had been checked over and cleared by Doctor Janet Frasier- the SGC's Chief Medical Officer, debriefed with General George Hammond- head of all at SGC, and put on downtime for the next 72 hours. They had been working almost non-stop since the tragic loss of their friend Anthropologist Dr Daniel Jackson. Everyone had been shocked and grounded by his loss, but soon life returned to normal, for most anyway. Those fortunate enough to have known Daniel for who he was- kind, passionate, smart, and almost childlike in his thirst for knowledge, they were still reeling from his 'ascension'.

Jack had decided that it was time to face facts, and give Daniel a royal send-off. He and a select few were off to SG1's favourite bar haunt to drink to their friend, but also to properly welcome the team's newest recruit- Jonas. Although San nearly had to be ordered to take time out and get off base, she, Jack, Teal'c, Janet, George and Jonas met at the bar at 8pm. Together they sat at a table, ordered drinks and conversed about matters as far away as Daniel as possible, but soon the conversation changed direction and Daniel Jackson, the friend they all missed, was all they spoke of- well except Jonas- he kept to the sidelines and merely observed the interactions.

After a couple of hours, and several alcoholic drinks later, the memories had travelled in all directions, form happy ones to ones that could do well with being forgotten- Jonas had seen fit to join in with a few, though he had known Daniel a few mere days. A few rounds later, Sam had spotted a piano a few metres away from the bar, tuning out the conversation around her, she listened to the pianist play for a while. She excused herself from her companions and made her way to the piano, had a few words with the person playing and then sat down in front of it herself. Letting her slender fingers acquaint themselves with the keys, she began to play, and after playing the opening bars, she let her soul take over and began to sing a song that would haunt her friends for days.

"I've spent my life building castles of dreams, reaching for each distant star. As tears clear my eyes I finally realise, happiness is where you are. And you're still a part of me, and im still a part of you And I swear I'll always celebrate your memory, You'll live inside of me."

As soon as she had begun singing, almost the whole bar had quieted its chatter and listened to Sam's voice.

"Heaven holds the ones I love, I see your eyes twinkle in the skies above, My hopes are floating in the clouds, the wind repeats your name out loud, Woah, Heaven holds the ones I love."

The table full of SGC personnel we probably the most attentive they had been in a long time. Jack especially was giving her his undivided attention- something that didn't happen all too often anymore. Janet was taken aback by the purity, and yet at the same time raw emotion in Sam's voice, and immediately began to feel tears streaming down her face- torn between her memories of Daniel and the lyrics of the song.

"The times I'm unsure, why our hearts must endure, All the pain and such great loss.
Still, look what I've gained- I feel your kiss in the rain, But it's your smile i miss the most.
And I'm still a part of you, you're the biggest part of me, And I swear I'll always celebrate your memory, And trust what's meant to be.
Heaven hold the ones I love, I see your eyes twinkle in the skies above. My hopes are floating in the clouds; the wind repeats your name out loud. Woah, Heaven holds the ones I love."

George watched on as one of his favourite and brightest officers pulled off one of her best performances in a while, even Teal'c had a note of sadness etched onto his usually stoic features. Jonas observed but was also hit with the pain in his teammate's voice.

"And in my grief and disbelief, one thing I know is trueEvery breath I take brings me that much closer to you."

Sam's voice had so much emotion in it at this point that several muffled sniffs were coming from all around the bar, and even Jack's eyes had glossed over. She sounded like she was desperately trying not to cry and finish the song, barely managing it.

"Heaven holds the ones I love, I see your eyes twinkle in the skies above. My hopes are floating in the clouds; the wind repeats your name out loud. Woah, Heaven holds the ones I love,
Heaven holds the ones I love."

Before she had finished the last note, Jack could see the tears coursing down Sam's cheeks. He was by her side and sweeping her into a hug before the piano's reverberations around the bar had faded.

"I miss him so much, Jack." She cried into his shoulder. "I know, Sammie, I know- we all do." He replied, choked with emotion himself and pulled her closer to his body.

In the background, Teal'c was comforting Janet with help from George and Jonas. Unbeknownst to anyone, Daniel watched over his friends, had heard Sam's emotional playing, had heard both Jack and Sam's whispers to each other, and had also seen Janet break down in tears- all this over him.

"You'll see me again soon, guys. I promise. Real soon."

He hadn't counted on one of them hearing this, "You'd better Daniel. They all need you more than you know."

If you enjoyed this story,please send feedback to Georgia