Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Taking the Opportunity-Part 2

by Gemmie
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Taking the Opportunity-Part 2

Taking the Opportunity-Part 2

by Gemmie

Summary: Second part.
Category: Challenge, Humor, Romance
Episode Related: 406 Window of Opportunity
Season: Season 4
Pairing: Daniel/Janet, Jack/Sam
Rating: PG-13
Warnings: language, sexual situations
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 10/29/03

Daniel crept up behind Janet in her office and tapped her on the shoulder.

"What are you doing?" He asked in a soft voice.

She jumped slightly, but then relaxed and turned to face him.

"Looking over yours and Jack's results from the tests I had ruan."

Daniel pushed Janet back a little. Not forcefully, but just enough so she took a few steps back so she leaned against the desk behind her.

"Doctor Frasier. Janet. Jan... ,...I was sort of wondering if you... erm... well..." Daniel started stuttering. This is the first time he had asked Janet something like this and he knew if it went wrong, he could just do it again, but it didn't make him any less nervous. "...if you would like to have dinner with me?"

Janet looked shocked at first. Why would someone like Dr. Daniel Jackson ask me out to dinner? Yes, that was a good question...

"Why?" she asked him.

"Why? Are you serious? Why would I want to have dinner with you?" Daniel gaffed.

"Yes. You can have practically any woman on base. I've been asked a few not-to-professional questions about giving you a post mission physical by most of them. Hell, I wont even let my nurses near you in case they jump you!"

Daniel smiled at her. He couldn't help but feel a little smug. "I don't care about any other woman, the only one I want to spend time with is you,"

Janet's eyes widened "And once again... why?"

He wrapped his arms lightly around her. "Because I think you're the funniest, prettiest, most committed, hard working, intelligent woman on base."

Janet put her files down on the desk behind her and put her hands firmly on Daniel's upper arms. "Well Dr. Jackson, I don't know what to say."

"Daniel," he corrected her, "and I've bared my soul... It seems only fair you tell me I'm not the only one or let me down gently."

"Well, I think you're charming, extremely intelligent, funny, cute, sweet, sexy...erm..."

"Janet?" He asked her suddenly.

"Yes?" She looked quizzical.

"Would it be terribly inappropriate to kiss you right now? I've been imagining it for so long," he wrapped his arms tighter around her, "imagining the taste of your lips," he gently brushed his lips against hers for just a second, "imagining the feel of your skin, how it would react if I touched you..." he lifted his right arm to brushed a strand of hair behind her ear then returned it to its rightful place. Janet closed her eyes and shuddered a little "The taste of it when we have built up a light sweat." He was tormenting her and he knew it.

With him ending his speech Janet threw herself backwards over the desk, wrapping her arms around Daniel's head, capturing his lips in a tight frantic kiss, pulling him on top of her as she fell.

"I want your babies, Daniel!" Janet whispered as she went to remove his tight fitting shirt. Just then, there was a knock at the door.

"Janet...have you seen Daniel?" Sam's familiar voice called. Janet gasped sharply and swore.

"Damn, it's Sam," she heard Daniel whisper.

She carefully opened the door a crack.

"Wait a minute!" He shouted desperately.

Sam heard a scuffling of a desk. She pushed the door opened properly and entered the room fully to find a slightly flustered Daniel and a certain Doctor Frasier straightening her skirt, hair and wiping her mouth to make sure her lipstick wasn't smudged... too much.

Janet picked up her discarded files and turned to Daniel.

"Well, Dr. Jackson, I just thought I'd give you the good news." She smiled at Daniel, then rushed out of the room not making eye contact with Sam as she left.

Sam's head tilted to the side and she grinned at him.

"What was that about?"

Daniel hesitated. "Dr. Frasier was just looking for me to give me the results of the lab work she had done."

"And she found you in, her office?"

"Erm...no I came looking for her,"

"Why?"

"To get the lab results."

"The ones she gave you about an hour ago?"

Daniel wrinkled his nose in defeat. "...uh...yeah..."

Sam shook her head laughing at him. "You know, considering your current line of work you are really bad at lying and thinking off the top of your head! I'll give you a little while to think of a plausible excuse to why she ran out of her own office"

Nodding in agreement "Thank you." Daniel shook his head and asked why she had came looking for him. "So? Did you want me for something?"

"Just to talk."

"About what I mentioned in the commissary?"

"Is it that obvious?"

"Well, what do you want to talk about?"

"I don't know... It's just... I know the colonel kissed me. I just want to know what else he may have done."

Daniel smiled. "Well, I'd keep him away from Siler for a while!"

"Why?" Sam asked.

"Well, Jack can get a little jealous, now and then."

"Over Siler?" She looked doubtful.

"Anyone! Do you remember that lieutenant, who went on one mission, then left the SGC?"

"Did Colonel O'Neill have something to do with that?"

"Well, Jack overheard him saying how beautiful you were and how he was going to ask you out on a date. So Jack convinced General Hammond to send him on that three month mineral survey so to 'warm him up' to how the SGC works."

"Oh, really?"

"Yeah, he does this quite a bit. Get people sent to other planets."

"Okay, Daniel. Thank you." With that she turned to leave in search of Jack.

Daniel smiled to himself no he knew how Janet felt he went about thinking of asking her on a date. Of course it would have to be the perfect date, he would have to spend a few loops figuring out how...and then maybe if the date didn't go right first time he would have to do it again and again.

"Spending all those loops with Janet? Oh my how will I cope?" he said sarcastically to himself in an empty room.

Jack kicked the office door. "Let me in, Daniel, before I kill you!"

"You can't kill me, if you can't get to me!" sShouted Daniel through the door.

The red lights started flashing and the klaxon started going. "Oh, you wanna bet?" Jack kicked the handle and the door swung open. Daniel swung around on his butt over the desk, so the desk it was between them. "Oh,... you are so dead!" Jack dived across the table ready to strangle Daniel, when the room was filled with a blinding bright light.

"Anyway, I'm sorry, but..." Daniel stopped mid-sentence again and pushed his chair away a little, getting ready to run. "I really, really am! Look, can we drop it? sShe doesn't even remember!" asked Daniel.

"It doesn't change the fact that you turned on me!" Jack argued back.

"Look, I said I'm sorry..." Daniel pleaded.

Sam looked between the archaeologist and her commanding officer.

"Guys? What's going on?" she asked conscerned. They completely ignored her.

"She has level three hand to hand combat you know. Do you have any idea how many levels that goes up when she's pissed off?" Jack asked.

Daniel smirked a little and tried to hide it, but Jack noticed.

"What the hell you laughing at?"

"She kicked your ass..." Daniel smirked "Sam beat you up!"

"No I didn't. why would I do that? What are you talking about?"

She smacked him hard on the arm looking angry.

"Oww!" Cried Daniel, rubbing his arm. Jack smiled at the fact that Sam's `little' smack hurt so much. "At least she didn't beat me up." Daniel taunted.

Jack picked up a spoon full of fruit loops and aimed it at Daniel. Daniel's face fell. "You wouldn't!" The fruit loops flew across the table and hit Daniel in the face. Daniel just looked at Jack.

"Come on then,... wuss boy! Fight like a man!" Jack taunted.

"Hey, come on guys. Let's behave rationally!" Sam pleaded, but they where still ignoring her.

Daniel stood up and cleaned off his glasses.

"Wuss boy's leaving, he's a little wussy pants!" sang Jack. Just then Daniel picked up what was left of Jack's fruit loops and dumped them over his head.

"Come on then, OLD MAN! Bring it on!" Jack stood up and looked Daniel square in the eye. Daniel picked up his half-eaten waffle and slapped Jack across the face with it. "I challenge you to a duel,... Fly Boy!"

Jack rubbed his hand across his sticky cheek. "Oh,... you are so dead!"

"Stop it! Come on let's act like adults here!" Sam shouted not knowing who to stop first as they both looked as dead set as each other. They ran from the table to opposite ends of the room and started picking up food. Jack went over to a new lieutenant. "Can I have that plate of food, please?"

"I'm sort of eating it, Sir.!" sShe spoke nervously.

"Do you want me to make that an order, LIEUTENANT?" With that, she pushed the tray towards him. He picked up the jello cubes and started flinging them at Daniel.

Daniel ran over to a table full of nurses, looking over his shoulder, dodging the jello. He got to the table and gave them one of `those' smiles.... tThat one that turns Janet to a stuttering pile of mush. "Can I have some of your food, please?" He asked batting his eyelashes. They all simultaneously pushed their trays towards him.

"Yes, Dr. Jackson, take what you like!" They smiled together.

"Please, call me Daniel.!" That had done it, they where mush. He smiled to himself. He loved the fact that he could do that to the nurses. It meant when Jack got the really BIG needles, they were all nice to him. He took a large handful of oatmeal and prepared to throw it at Jack, as General Hammond walked into the commissary closely followed by Sam.

"Just what the HELL is going on?" hHe sounded. A jello cube hit him square on the head and stuck. He looked between Jack and Daniel. He started to turn red. Sam behind him bit her lip to hold back a giggle.

"Get...In...My...Office...NOW!" The General demanded.

The General paced up and down in front of Jack and Daniel.

"Just what the hell happened? Having a food fight in the commissary? What where you thinking?"

"There is no jello in the Gateroom, sir?" Jack suggested.

"I could have you brought up on charges for that comment alone, colonel." Hammond slammed his fists down on the desk.

"Love to see ya try, Georgy poo!"

"General, sir,... let me explain." Daniel started. "Well, Jack and I have been arguing for the past couple of loops."

"Loops?" the General asked.

"Oh, yeah. Did I forget to mention that? Jack and I are stuck in this sort of time loop thing."

The General just blinked and shook his head.

"Anyway, the food fight started, because Jack kissed Sam..."

"You did WHAT? Kissed who?" George demanded turning to Jack.

"Damn it, Daniel!" Jack shouted as he leapt for the chair Daniel was sitting in. Luckily, Daniel moved just in time and ran out of the door to hide from Jack.

Jack was banging on the door of the office Daniel had barricaded himself in. He had been looking for him for the best part of the loop.

"Daniel, this door won't hold out forever!" Jack threatened, shouting through the door.

"It will until the next loop!" Daniel retorted.

Janet passed Daniel in the corridor pretending he was looking for Sam.

"Hey, Janet. What is your favorite restaurant?"

Janet looked at him confused "Erm... The Garden Of Eden Restaurant in the park, why?"

"No reason. What is your favorite flower?"

"Yellow rose. Daniel, are you going to tell me what going on?"

"No." And with that Daniel walked away.

Janet passed Daniel in the corridor pretended he was looking for Sam.

"Hey, Janet. Which do you prefer the smell of; Lavender or Honeysuckle?"

Janet looked at him confused. "Erm... Lavender I suppose, why?"

"No reason. What is your favorite out of these two; chocolate covered strawberries or oysters?"

"Chocolate covered strawberries. Daniel, are you going to tell me what going on?"

"No." And with that Daniel walked away.

Janet passed Daniel in the corridor as he was looking for Sam.

"Hey, Janet. What is your favorite wine; red or white?"

Janet looked at him confused "Erm... champagne, if it's possible, why?"

"No reason. And where do you like to be massaged and how?"

"That's a bit of a personal question."

"Just humor me, please." Daniel begged.

"On the small of my back... in little circles. Daniel, are you going to tell me what going on and on earth do you want to know that?"

"No." And with that Daniel walked away.

Daniel now fully supplied with everything the thought he needed to know about the petite doctor tried to put his plan into action.

Daniel crept up behind Janet in her office and tapped her on the shoulder.

"What are you doing?" He asked in a soft voice.

She jumped slightly, but then relaxed and turned to face him.

"Looking over yours and Jack's results from the tests I had ruan."

Daniel pushed Janet back a little. Not forcefully, but just enough so she took a few steps back. She walked into her desk and Daniel slightly pushed down on her shoulders so she sat down.

"Doctor Frasier. Janet. Jan..." Daniel started,. Janet looked shocked at his informality. "...I heard from a friend that you...erm...well..." Daniel remembered the first time he had asked Janet this.

He had been a lot more nervous that time, but now he knew the answer. He smiled to himself as he remembered her confession of wanting to have his babies and slamming him against the desk. That's why he made her sit down first.

"Daniel?" She asked, noting the slightly amused look on his face after he abruptly stopped.

"Sorry, would you like to have dinner with me?" he asked.

Janet did her best choking fish impression. "Erm... uh... why?"

Daniel smiled at her "Because I want you to." Janet was finding it hard to breath "...ok, sure when?"

Daniel looked at his watch. "How about now?" He grabbed her hand and pulled her towards the infirmary doors.

"Daniel, I'm on duty. I can't," she said pulling back on his hand.

"Trust me, Janet. Nothing's going to happen. General Hammond will never know," he smiled.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Gemmie