Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

By all means

by Gater101
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
By all means

By all means

by Gater101

Title: By all means
Author: Gater101
Email: P_Stebbingstone@hotmail.com
Category: MissingScene/Epilogue, POV, Thoughts
Episode related: 609 Allegiance
Season: any Season
Pairing: Jack/other, Sam/Jack, Sam/Other
Rating: G
Warnings: none
Summary: Jacob has to get this sorted.by all means
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).

Jacob Carter was astounded to see yet another alien male hitting on his daughter, as if she didn't have enough followers as it was. The thing that astounded him even more was that she was reciprocating. Currently she had her hand resting on his forearm and was laughing at something Malek had said.

Malek appeared to be enjoying the view as he leaned over and looked right in her face before whispering something and causing her to stare at him with...was that lust in her eyes? Was she lusting after Malek? Malek the Tok'ra base commander? Surely not, not with Jack sitting so close to her.

Speaking of Jack, Jacob turned to him and saw him flirting outrageoulsy with...Anise. Tok'ra spice...No no! Jacob berated himself, she is a nice girl...really. He - Jack - was watching Sam out of the corner of his eye and over Anise's shoulder. Surely they hadn't moved on...had they? After all the hussle and bussle about the Za'tarc's they finally moved on? He wouldn't believe it - couldn't believe it.

He made his way over to Sam and Malek first and sat on the seat in front of them.

Sam turned to him almost immediately a smile ready on her face; but Malek was taking longer to pry his eyes off of his daughter and when he eventually did it was only to send a cursory nod in Jacob's direction before moving onto the next topic of conversation...which was the Za'tarc detector they had used on one of the Jaffa earlier that day.

Jacob felt for Master Bra'tac; being put in the position of where you can either choose to do good or do the wrong thing. He knew that he couldn't have made the decision to allow one of his men - or women - be put into prison just because some lights shone red. Huh, one of Jack's lines.

Jacob wasn't that much of a fool not to notice the obvious friction between Jack and Malek in the testing room earlier in the afternoon. Jack would send the odd glare at Malek when he noticed that he was staring at his second-in-command. Malek of course would reply with the odd glare or dig at the 'youngness' of human technology.

Realising he wasn't going to get any conversation out of the two people in front of him Jacob moved off to his next victim. Reaching the place where Jack and Anise had last resided he was surprised to find that they had moved. Turning to Jonas he asked where they had gone to but Jonas merely shrugged.

Scanning the crowds he found Anise wandering around the middle of the Jaffa - it's a wonder she's still alive with her cockiness - obviously looking for someone. Moving to the crowd Jacob took his eyes off Anise for a moment and when he looked up she was gone.

Dammit! He wasn't having any luck tonight. Sighing he headed back to the base where the Tau'ri were eating MRE's whilst trying not to look smug towards the Tok'ra who were eating what looked like jellified oatmeal. Jacob sat down next to his close friend Mesh'nik and began some small talk about who had been lost during the evacuations.

Several hours later Jack hadn't reappeared and Sam was still talking to Malek. Deciding he was worried about Jack he went in search for the man. He didn't have to look far - Jack was checking the guns in the aromory looking at each in turn before it on the rung where it was placed to begin with.

"Frustraing isn't it?" Jaocb said knowing that Jack knew he was there.

Jack leaned his head against one of the rungs and sighed heavily. Finally he nodded his head after contemplating the question for a few moments. "More than you know," he admitted surprising the hell out of Jacob.

"Then do something about it." Jacob insisted placing a hand on the younger man's back. He felt him stiffen at the contact so he removed his hand.

"Oh yeah! I can see that! 'Carter could you please stop flirting with snakeboy here cause it's annoying the hell out of me.' No thanks, I cherish my life too much. Besides it's up to her and don't forget the regulations." He muttered the last part as though it was some plague designed to destroy the world that he knew...and in a way, Jacob guessed he would.

Jacob didn't know what to do so turned to leave when an idea popped into his head. Turning to see Jack still leaning heavily against the shelf, he grinned victoriously to himself. He had a plan that may just work.

Leaving the armory of the beta site he moved back to where his daughter was sitting with her left side pressed right up against Malek's right side - so much so that, if they hadn't been wearing different coloured clothing, you wouldn't have been able to see where one began and the other ended.

He walked up to her and tapped her on the shoulder. After she finished her sentence she turned to him and scowled. Jacob bit back a grin as he began to speak.

"Colonel O'Neill wishes to see you." Selmac said deciding she should handle this.

Sam's eyes flickered and Jacob smiled to himself - a reaction - and what? A brief smile?

"Where is he?" She asked standing up and wiping her clothing.

"In the armory." Selmac said with a small trace of smugness in her voice. "Something is wrong...I don't know what it is though."

Sam nodded and turned to Malek and apologised for having to leave and that she'd be back soon.

Not if Jacob had anything to do with it of course.

After she disappeared into the armory Jacob followed her. When he reached the door he bolted it and walked away from the loud 'hey!' that came from within.

They had to get this sorted...by all means.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Gater101