Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

I never expected this!

by Gater101
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
I never expected this!

I never expected this!

by gater101

Title: I never expected this!
Author: gater101
Email: ukgater101@yahoo.co.uk
Category: Humor, Romance, Series, Thoughts
Season: Season 4
Pairing: Sam/Jack
Rating: G
Warnings: none
Summary: Just some peoples thoughts.
Sequel to: Why are you doing this?
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).

Jacob

Martouf and I are just back from Vorash. He was cleared by Doc Fraiser a minute ago. I'm still waiting.

"Ok Jacob you're all clear." She says cheerfully.

"Janet can I ask you something?" I ask.

"Yes." She says after a brief pause.

"Did you notice anything strange at the briefing today?" I ask and she laughs.

"General, if you worked here you would know that all missions including SG-1 go like that!" She manages to say through giggles. "It's nothing out of the ordinary don't worry." She assures me.

"Thanks Janet. I'm gonna go talk to Sam is she still here?" She looks at me as if I'm daft. "Stupid question?"

"Yes, she'll be in her quarters I think." She said as she looked at her watch. "Actually you should check the lounge first. I think SG-1 were watching a movie."

There was something in the way she said 'SG-1' that made me think it wasn't SG-1 she was watching a movie. I read too much into things.

I check the lounge but she isn't there. I ask an airman if he has seen her. "Yessir, she and Colonel O'Neill left to go to their quarters a few minutes ago sir!" He said a little too enthusiastic.

"Thank you Airman..." I look at his badge"...Smith."

"Glad I could help, sir!" Too chirpy for me I think as I walk away.

I make my way to her quarters. I knock quickly on the door. There is a long pause before the door is opened and Colonel O'Neill opens the door and steps out.

"Colonel?" I ask confused.

"Hey dad walk can I do you for?" He asks and closes the door.

"Sorry Jack I was looking for Sam. I thought these were her quarters." I say and move to walk away but I freeze when I hear his words.

"They are." He asks puzzled.

I turn and look at the nameplate. 'Major and Colonel O'Neill.'

"Care to explain!?" I shout. Jack makes a shushing gesture and tells me Sam is asleep. "I don't care! I want to know what the hell is going on!"

"Okay, okay. Come in." He opens the door and I walk in. He walks to the bed and crouches down. He gently shakes Sam. "Sam sweetie. You awake?" He asks gently.

"Yes. Who was at the door?" She asks drowsily.

"I was." I say angrily. My anger obviously brushes off her.

"Oh hey dad." She says as she sits up and takes Jack's hand.

"When did this happen?" I demand.

"A couple of months ago." Jack says quietly.

"Shut up, Colonel!" I shout at him.

"Dad!" Sam shouts just as loudly.

"And you didn't think you should have told me you were getting married?" I ask a little calmer.

"'Don't call us we'll call you'!" Sam shouted. I could see her take a deep breath. "We couldn't reach you."

"What about today? You could have told me today!" I remind them.

"I thought it seemed obvious. Couldn't you tell?"

"I can't believe I was so blind. Of course now that I think about it!" I say laughing. "The last time I was here...were you together?"

"Yes." Jack said. "But no one knew then. But we wanted to get married so we had to tell the General. Apparently you owe him 50 bucks, dad." Jack said with a grin.

"It appears that I do." I say distractedly.

"Dad...if you didn't think we were together why did you bet on us?" Sam asks.

"I bet that you wouldn't get together." No wonder Marty didn't come out of his room. "I'm happy for you." I say and hug her and shake Jack's hand. "Now if you'll excuse me this old man needs some sleep."

"Dad?"

"Yeah, Sam?"

"What did you want me for?" She asks.

"Just to see why Jack was suddenly calling me 'dad' now I know." I say and grin despite myself.

Jack my son-in-law. Cool.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to gater101