Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Dog?, A

by Gater101
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
A Dog?

A Dog?

by Gater101

Title: A Dog?
Author: Gater101
Email: ukgater101@yahoo.co.uk
Category: Humor, Mystery, Romance, Series
Season: any Season
Pairing: none, Sam/Jack
Rating: G
Warnings: none
Summary: Through the eyes of a father.
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).


A Dog?
S+J+S+J+S+J+S
By Gater101
S+J+S+J+S+J+S
"Dad," Sam said happily. "It's great to see you!"

"You too Sam but I'm afraid I have to tell you something." Sam's face darkened and her smile slipped as she looked at him anxioulsy.

"What is it?" She said concernedly.

"I'm afariad your gonna have to put up with me for a few days!" Sam stared at him blankly then a full fledged grin appeared on her face.

"Don't do that to me!" She squealed and playfully hit him on the arm. "Ithought something was really wrong!"

"Sorry Sammie, just your old man coming to visit." Jacob smiled.

"Hey old man! How ya doin' dad?" Jack bounded into the Gateroom and Jacob wondered if he had a spring built into his shoes and clapped his hands. "I see we have a visitor here on terra firma." Jack grinned and shook Jake's proffered hand. "You're just in time! We're having a party at my place, so get cleaned up and come one over!" Jack pivoted on his heel and hopped from the room.

"Is he all there?" Jacob asked his daughter, a concerned frown on his face.

"He's fine, just happy to finally have that get together," Sam smiled and Jacob grinned.

S+J+S+J+S+J+S+J+S+J+S+J+S+J

"Hey," Jack called and bounded down the stairs leading from his huge house towards Sam and Jacob. The Sun was a great ball of fire that would be setting soon and Jacob realized that, yes, this was still his favourite planet. "How's my favourite family doing?" He asked as he hugged Sam and Jacob.

"We're fine," Jacob replied as Sam wandered into Jack's house to put her bottle in the cooler. "So what's this party for?" He asked as Jack guided him to the balcony where everyone was assembled.

Jack shrugged non-chalantly and smiled albeit slightly. "No reason really, other than the fact that Danny boy survived another mission," he said as he turned to watch Sam as she slid down the banister of Jack's back porch.

Jacob wondered - not for the first time - how Sam had so much freedom in Jack's house. He watched as Sam stopped to talk to Cassie the turned towards the house pointing as though giving directions.

When Jacob turned his eyes away from Sam to look at Jack he realized that he was walking towards Sam who held two beers. When Jack reached Sam, Jacob could have sworn that Sam's mouth formed the word 'honey'. Jack took the beer from her and nodded his head in the general direction of his house.

Sam smiled and turned to walk back into the house when Jack put a hand on her shoulder effectively stopping her. She smiled as she turned and licked her lips, her eyes alternating between Jack and Jacob.

"I'll just go-" Sam smiled and walked into the house.

A few seconds later there was a childish scream as Cassie ran out the house followed by a small Gold labradour pup. Jake watched as the dog ran to the crouched form of Jack and licked his face, tail wagging furiously all the while.

After a few minutes of squealing and giggling Jack lifted the pup from a shell-shocked Daniel and turned to Sam who was leaning against the doorframe smiling gently and wandered up to her.

Jacob smiled as Sam took a step forward and grinned a mega watt smile that was for Jack only. Jack stepped up to her, held the dog out and let it lick her once then pulled 'it' away - Jake had yet to find out what 'it' was. He watched in fascination as the dog jumped into Sam's arms and tried to lick Jack. When Jack reached out to take it back it hid it's head in Sam's chest. When Jack stepped away it popped it's head back up and began licking Jack's face again. Whenever Jack went near Sam or the dog it hid from him and Sam would smile.

Jacob had never seen Sam so relaxed and decided it was a good thing. He turned to Daniel who was fussing over Cassie and a digital camera. Deciding to leave them to it he turned towards his favourite person: Janet Fraiser. She looked deep in conversation with a man Jacob had never seen. Smiling wanly he turned to his old friend Major General George Hammond.

But instead of getting an image of Hammond he got a blurrly image of a ball of fur that gave him a big wet slobbery kiss.

Trying his best to keep his balance and not get mad at the owner he smiled and greeted his daughter.

"Do you like him dad? Jack bought him for me!" Sam said with a childlike innocence that reminded him of when she was five years old.

"Jack?" He asked wondering when she started calling her commanding officer 'Jack'.Sam clearly misunderstood his question.

"Yes! For my birthday last week." She cradled the dog to her chest and it began licking her chain. Sam giggled at the dog's playfullness and Jacob wondered when his thirty-five year old daughter started giggling - she had never did it as a child, why start now?

"Sam! I completely forgot!" He cried as her words penetrated his mind.

"It's okay," she murmured still giggling slightly. Deciding to change the subject, he reached out and patted the dog's head carefully.

"So, what's his name?" He asked lightly as the dog explored his fingers with his wet nose.

"Selmak," Sam smiled shyly and ducked her head.

Jacob's eyebrow rose in a perfect imitation of Teal'c.

"My gratitudes Samantha," Selmak's echoey voice sounded through her father's mouth. "May I take this opportunity to say what a wonderful creature 'Selmak' is."

Sam smiled. "Thank you Selmak. We decided to call it something...sentimental."

Jacob's head ducked and her father was back in control. "Selly is absloutely flabbergasted!"

"It's okay." A hand came up from under Sam's arm and Jacob wondered if Sam had grown an extra limb until he realized it was Jack.

"Jack," Jacob acknowledged.

"Dad," he replied. "The rest of the guys'll be here in a few, we should go inside it's getting chilly."

"Jack the Sun is just going down! I don't wanna miss it!" She whined in a childlike manner.

"Samantha Carter get in that house right now or I will take that dog right back to the shop!" Jack grinned as he continued to pet the dog from under Sam's arm the sun setting his features in a shadowy haze.

Jacob shifted on the freshly cut grass - the smell would have gone for his sinuses a few years ago but Selamk had put a stop to that - suddenly feeling uncomfortable with his daughter's behavior to someone he loved like a son.

"Okay! Take him back!" She turned and thrust the dog into his arms.

"Fine!" Jack began walking away stopping only once to readjust Selamk. Ssam still hadn't moved so Jake began counting to see how long it would take for her to rush after him and apologise profusely.

Jacob was surprised when he reached twenty and Sam was still rooted to the spot. He was about to speak when she bolted for the front of the house where Jack had gone with 'Selmak'.

"So Jacob! How've you been?" George asked.

Just another thing to add to 'The Things Jacob Has Seen' file in his head.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Gater101