Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Colours Of Love - Part 5 - Respite

by Explosion_Of_Colour
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Colours Of Love - Part 5 - Respite

Colours Of Love - Part 5 - Respite

by Explosion_Of_Colour

Category: Romance
Season: any Season
Pairing: Jack/Sam
Rating: G
Warnings: none
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 03/09/04

Colours Of Love - Part 5 - Respite

It was breaking his heart to see Sam so upset about what her father and brother had said. She insisted she was fine as she always did, but he had yet to see a genuine smile since the argument that afternoon. Jack was worried he'd made things worse by confronting her family like he did, and she'd been desperate to get him away from them, adding to his contemplation.

"Hey Jack." Daniel appeared at his side, surprising him out of his thoughts. "Is Sam okay? She seems very quiet."

They sat in the shade at the far end of the garden, where they could watch everyone else from a distance. Teal'c, Sam and Jo were sitting at the garden table together, Liz was helping Beth do something with her long hair and Jacob and Mark were still in the house.

"Her dad and Mark found out we were living together."

"Oh." Daniel replied. "You didn't tell them?"

Jack glared at him. "Ya think?"

"So what happened?"

"Big argument, all directed at Sam. Then I think I went and made it worse by telling Jake and Mark we should all talk about it."

Before Daniel could reply, Liz approached, sitting down next to Daniel.

"It's so hot today." She exclaimed. "Jack, I was wondering if you and Sam would like to have the house to yourselves tonight. Mark, Dad and I can take the girls out and give you some time alone."

From her sympathetic tone, Jack guessed that she had either overheard the argument earlier or had been talking to her husband. "Why don't you leave the girls with Sam and I, then you can all catch up."

Liz smiled, obviously seeing his attempt to get Jacob and Mark out of the house for as long as possible.

**

Jacob approached Jack in the kitchen where he was trying his best to find something for the girls to eat, as his son and daughter-in-law got ready to go out to the restaurant, having changed into a shirt and tie himself.

"Jack."

"Hey, Jake." Jack greeted him, uncertain where he stood with his girlfriend's father now.

"I was hoping to straighten this out with you."

"No offence Jake, but it's really Sam you should be saying this to."

"I know I may have overreacted, but she's my daughter and I suppose I was just shocked."

"Thanks." Jack replied sarcastically.

"You know what I mean. It's not like Sam has had a string of boyfriends over the last nine years; to see her so settled and committed is... surprising."

"Well, Dad, I like to think none of the guys she met compared to me, so she just... didn't bother."

"Don't call me Dad." Jacob warned him.

"Sam was pretty upset about the argument earlier, you think you could talk to her?" Jack asked, relieved that Jacob wasn't still angry about their relationship.

"Not tonight." He answered, confusing Jack with his hard tone. Why did he get the feeling there was something going on he didn't know about?

Mark called out to Jacob from the hallway, saying they were ready. Sam seemed to have disappeared, and Liz told Jack the girls were in their room. Once they set off to the restaurant, Jack went in search of his girlfriend, hoping his conversation with Jacob would cheer her up and set her mind at rest.

The last place he checked was the roof, his own little hideaway where he watched the stars when he wanted to think or be alone - not that it happened too much these days. She was sat staring up at the starry sky, the full moon making the tear tracks on her face shine.

"Sam?" Jack called as he saw her. She jumped and brushed the tears from her cheeks in one swift movement.

"Hey."

"Was wondering where you'd got to." Jack told her gently, sitting down behind her so he could wrap his arms around her waist. "Don't cry."

Instead it set her off, as Sam turned and buried her head in his shirt, weeping silently while he held her tightly, rubbing her back soothingly.

"Shhh, it's okay." He whispered close to her ear. "You're soaking my favourite shirt."

That got him a weak laugh through her tears and she drew back slightly. "Sorry."

Jack cupped her face tenderly and wiped away her remaining tears with his thumbs. "Feel better?"

Sam smiled in reply and nodded. "I saw them leave."

"Yeah, we can go down and entertain the girls when you're ready."

"I left you on your own with them." She suddenly realised, her eyes widening in guiltily.

"You stop worrying so much. What would you like to eat?"

"You're cooking?"

"Well Major, the girls are only kids, I don't think they'd survive your cooking."

Sam smiled. "I would be offended, but I know you're probably just going to McDonalds."

"Good thinking."

"It happens." She grinned, repeating what Jack had once said on a mission.

**

Nearly two hours later, Jo and Beth were happily playing with their 'Happy Meal' toys in the front room whilst Jack and Sam were curled up together on the couch.

"Jack?"

"Yep?"

"Is it going to be like this when I meet your family?" Sam asked.

Jack gave her a grin. "Well, I think they'll be impressed beyond belief to begin with, then they'd wonder how much I had to pay you."

"Jack!" She laughed, swatting him on the arm.

"Ah, you think I'm kidding." He chuckled. "My brothers would be jealous, and I'd not let you out of my sight in case either of them tried their luck."

"Don't you trust me?" Sam grinned playfully.

"It's them I don't trust. You are too damn cute to resist most of the time."

"Most of the time?"

"I can resist you when you're in explanation of how everything in the known universe...is... you know...wrong mode."

"And I was thinking I'd changed your mind about scientists." She smiled sweetly at him, leaning in for a long kiss until she remembered her nieces were only four feet away.

On cue, Beth pulled herself up on the sofa next to Sam. "Can we watch a film, Aunt Sam?"

"What would you like to watch?" She untangled herself from Jack's arms, who unhelpfully refused to let go of her. Jo immediately cottoned on, grasping Sam's wrist to pull her up, which Beth joined in quickly.

"Not comfortable here guys!" Sam laughed as Jack continued to hold on to her.

"Uncle Jack! Let go!" Jo squealed in between giggles.

"She's mine!" Jack told them, giving the girls an evil look that made them both laugh even more.

"Jack!" Sam admonished.

"Kiss." He pouted childishly.

The girls let go of Sam's arms so she could give him a quick kiss on the lips before escaping from his clutches, much to her nieces' delight. She grinned at Jack, who was still looking decidedly playful.

"I'll chase you." He announced, about three seconds before he sprang to his feet. The girls ran at top speed from the room, Sam close behind. Jack chased them all the way into the garden, as Sam had left the kitchen door open to cool the house somewhat. Jo and Beth were screaming happily as Jack feigned grabbing each of them in turn, before reaching the Major and tackling her to the ground.

"Gotcha." Jack beamed proudly at her, his fingers finding the bared skin at her waist between her trousers and top, tickling her. "Hey you two, your Aunt is very ticklish."

"You... are... so... dead." Sam breathed between squeals of laughter. Jack took pity on her before Beth or Jo started tickling her as well.

"Right, you trouble-makers, come here." Jack chased them both back into the house before turning back to Sam. She was sitting up, trying to catch her breath from laughing so hard, a look of amused wariness on her face as she spotted him approaching.

"Don't you dare! Those girls will be taking home all sorts of bad habits with you around!" Sam told him defensively.

"I'll be good." He grinned back at her, holding his hands in front of him innocently.

She eyed him disbelievingly and then took his offered hand to help her up. Immediately he swept her up in his arms, carrying her protesting form back into the house in his arms.

"If I knew this was all it would take to get you smiling again..." Jack told her as he put her down. She promptly hit him on the chest.

"I swear to god, Jack, I will have Teal'c zat you if you ever do that again." Sam told him, trying to hide her smile.

"Teal'c wouldn't do that to me - he's my buddy."

"Wanna to bet?"

"Okay, you would never do that to me. I'm too loveable."

Sam gave him a defiant glare, before grinning. "I'm going to get the girls to bed."

Jack grasped her waist before she retreated to the front room, pulling her to him in a comfortable hug. "You reckon we have enough time to..."

"If you hadn't just tickled me half to death in front of my nieces, I may have considered it." She answered.

He watched her disappear out of the kitchen and into the front room, a grin on his face as Sam ushered the girls across the hall and told them she would be right back. "I'll put a film on then."

Sam surprised him but looping her arms round his neck, giving him a kiss to keep him going whilst she took care of the girls. "I'll be there soon."

"I thought you were mad at me."

"Oh I am." She smiled, fixing two glasses of milk and taking them out to the back room.

"Women." Jack commented, a grin on his face despite himself.

"I heard that."

**

Now go check out my one and only music vid pls :oD http://explosion-of-colour.tripod.com/downloads.html

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Explosion_Of_Colour