Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Colours Of Love - Part 10 - New Additions

by Explosion_Of_Colour
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Colours Of Love - Part 10 - New Additions

Colours Of Love - Part 10 - New Additions

by Explosion_Of_Colour

Summary: Future/S-J established fic.
Category: Future Story, Romance
Season: any Season
Pairing: Jack/Sam
Rating: PG
Warnings: none
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 03/26/04

Colours Of Love

Chapter 10 - New Additions

When the group finally got back to Colorado Springs, they were worn out from the heat of the day, grateful for the coolness of the house. Liz took the girls to get changed whilst Sam and Jack set about making dinner, leaving Mark and Jacob to fend for themselves in the front room.

"Jack, you're not helping." Sam complained good-naturedly, as he stood behind her, hands looped around her waist and resting his chin on her shoulder.

"So when should we get Jasper?" Jack asked, refusing to let her go.

"Soon I hope."

"You're really going to let me have a dog?" He grinned childishly at her.

"He or she will be our dog, Jack." Sam corrected him with a smile.

"Can't wait." Jack replied as she gave up what she was doing, turning in his arms.

"Besides, a dog can't be as much trouble as you are, so I think I'm prepared."

He feigned a hurt expression, kissing the tip of her nose affectionately. "You love it really."

**

Sam woke late the following morning, having stayed up with Liz until the early hours 'girl-talking' as Jack so eloquently put it. Rolling over, she found the bed empty, much to her disappointment. Trying to shake the last throes of sleep, she spotted a folded piece of paper on the nightstand, addressed in Jack's handwriting to 'Sleepyhead'. Smiling, Sam unfolded the note:

Didn't want to wake you Had to go out, won't be long Love you xxx

"Aunt Sam!" Jo's voice chirped from the doorway pulling her attention from the note. She glanced at the clock beside her, which she was surprised to read 0935.

"Hey Jo. How long have you been up?"

"For ages. Uncle Jack said I shouldn't come in 'cause you were sleepy." Jo replied, pulling herself up onto the bed and slipping her legs under the covers, finding her Tigger toy that she'd lent to Jack.

"Is Uncle Jack downstairs?"

"He went out in the car. He said it was a secret mission." She told her aunt, eyes wide in the secrecy that had been shared with her.

Sam laughed, imagining her boyfriend telling Jo how important his mission was and how she wasn't to tell anyone. "Have you had your breakfast?"

"Mummy made eggs and bacon for Granddad and Daddy."

"Let's go see what they're up to, shall we?" Sam suggested, grabbing her bathrobe to put on over her nightshirt. Jo took her Aunt's offered hand, practically bouncing down the stairs. They found the rest of their family sitting out in morning sunshine, all eyes turning towards them as they stepped out on to the patio.

"Hey Sam, would you like a coffee?" Liz asked her pleasantly, making a move to get up.

"No, no. You're the guest and I've left you to make breakfast for everyone!" Sam laughed guiltily.

"Where's Jack got to?" Jacob asked his daughter, sipping a tea - it had been a condition in his deal with Selmak when he'd agreed to give up coffee.

"He's on a secret mission." Jo informed him in an excited voice.

"I think he's just out at the shops or something, said he wouldn't be long." Sam corrected softly, as Jo ran to the other side of the garden where her sister was reading. "Can I get anyone anything?"

**

It was nearly midday and Jack still hadn't shown up, Sam noted, beginning to get anxious. She thought about calling the base to see if there was some emergency, but decided to leave it a little longer. Sure enough, fifteen minutes later, Jack strolled through the door, setting his keys on the hall table and sweeping her into his arms.

"Good morning." He greeted her, a very pleased-with-himself grin adorning his face as he lowered his head to kiss her.

"Afternoon actually." She corrected, unable to stop her own smile at his infectious enthusiasm.

"I've got a surprise for you. Where's everyone else?"

"Out in the garden. Why?"

"Okay, wait right there." Jack instructed her, and was out the door again before she could ask what was going on.

A minute later he came back in with a black bundle of fur in his arms, a young black Labrador with deep brown eyes now starring at her inquiringly.

"Jasper, this is Sam. You have to be nice to her or we're both in the doghouse." Jack told the dog, locking eyes with Sam to gauge her reaction.

"Jack, he's lovely." She said finally, reaching out tentatively to stroke his head. "Where did he come from?"

Jack placed the tranquil-tempered Labrador in her arms, amazing Sam by how happy he was to be held. "You remember I told you about my friend Eddie, lives up in the hills, has a load of animals around to keep him company?"

"Yeah."

"A couple of months ago he asked me if I wanted one of his Labrador's puppies, then decided to keep them all instead. That guy is a nut for dogs."

"So that's where you went this morning?"

"Turns out twelve dogs are too many for him after all." Jack quipped. "Eddie has demanded we both go up there soon so he can meet you, and he warned us not to be deceived the little guy's docile nature. Apparently he's very playful when he wants to be."

Sam moved forward with Jasper, who was still taking in his surroundings in her arms, to kiss Jack, pulling back with a big smile. "He's great, Jack." As she leaned forward to kiss him again, the dog suddenly sprang to life, wriggling out of her arms and jumping to the floor. They watched as he made his way from room to room, sniffing out his new home.

"I thought if we got him today it would give the girls a chance to play with him." Jack explained, circling his arms around her shoulders as he stood behind her, still watching their new addition find his way.

"I should go find a pet shop, he'll need food and- "

"It's okay, Eddie gave me a load of stuff for him and anything else we need can wait until tomorrow."

Sam smiled, turning to face him. "You thought of everything."

"I thought it'd be a nice change from you doing all the thinking." He touched his lips to hers, taking his eyes off the Labrador for a few moments. They broke away at the sound of a small bark, seeing Jasper at the patio door in the kitchen. By the time they reached the door themselves, Jo was running around on the grass with Jasper, who was barking happily.

"That kid just gets on with everyone, doesn't she?" Jack laughed.

"New friend, Jack?" Jacob asked from his position one of the lawn chairs.

"Meet Jasper, our new canine housemate." Jack introduced with his usual finesse, resting his arm round Sam's shoulders as they sat down on the swing-seat.

"You got a dog?" Liz asked in disbelief, laughing none the less. "You're such a romantic, Jack."

"Hey, I try." He grinned, rubbing his fingers on the bare skin at Sam's waist where her top had ridden up slightly.

"Uncle Jack!" Jo was squealing as she alternately chased Jasper and then he chased her.

"I think my niece needs saving from our dog." Sam advised Jack playfully.

"Jasper, heel." Jack called loudly, earning a surprised look from Sam, especially as Jasper stopped to look up at him, before trotting over to where they were all sitting. "Eddie's trained him well."

"He knows his name?" Sam asked incredulously.

"No, but he knows the command 'heel'. Eddie had named him Buddy, for cryin' out loud!" Jack laughed, patting Jasper's head as he sat up looking at them.

"You like the name Chuckles but not the name Buddy?" She grinned cheekily at him.

"Well Jasper didn't like the name either, never really responded to it. Go figure."

**

Daniel called a little while later, complaining he hadn't got anything to do that evening, and had been roped into the annual fundraiser thrown by the 'big brass'.

"Well Danny, I leave you to fend for yourself for what...three days? And you get yourself in trouble."

"Come on, Jack. Apparently there's going to be a band and everything." Jack could hear Daniel's feigned enthusiasm, congratulating himself on teaching his teammate some sarcasm.

"So you want me to bail you out with the General?"

"Actually...no. I thought you and Sam could go, at least then it- "

"Nice try, space-monkey."

"Will you at least ask Sam? She wouldn't mind I'm sure."

"She's ah...kinda busy at the moment." Jack replied watching Sam out in the garden running around with Jasper and Jo. He called to her anyway, getting her attention and pointing to the phone, to be rewarded with an entourage of Sam, a barking Labrador, and a five-year-old running towards him.

"Hey Daniel." Sam greeted him, along with Jasper's excited yelps.

"Sam, what's that?"

"Oh, Jack gave me a dog." She replied by way of explanation.

"O...kay."

Of course Sam wasn't one to let Daniel suffer alone, agreeing to go with him but only for a few hours due to her guests. Sam apologised to Liz for leaving them alone, and promised to be back early, to which she assured her was fine because they had to collect their things together from around the house and Jacob had suggested he take out his son's family for the evening.

"I'll stay home with Jasper." Jack informed her as he followed her upstairs as she went to find something suitable to wear that evening. She turned abruptly to face him.

"You're coming with me, Jack." Sam replied, pretending she had no idea he'd turned Daniel down.

"So not gonna happen, Carter." He replied decisively.

"What about if I promise to wear the blue dress?" She asked seductively, entwining her fingers behind his head.

"The one with the slit?"

"Only if you come with me."

"You don't play fair, Major."

"So you'll go?"

"Danny-boy owes me so big for this." Jack conceded finally.

**

I'm on a roll - 2 chapters in 48 hours!

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Explosion_Of_Colour