Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Colours Of Love - Part 11 - Reluctant Outings

by Explosion_Of_Colour
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Colours Of Love - Part 11 - Reluctant Outings

Colours Of Love - Part 11 - Reluctant Outings

by Explosion_Of_Colour

Category: Future Story, Romance
Season: any Season
Pairing: Jack/Sam
Rating: G
Warnings: none
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 03/29/04

Colours Of Love

Chapter 11 - Reluctant Outings

"You're telling me T got out of this?" Jack exclaimed when Daniel met them at the entrance to the large hotel.

"Not really his scene." Daniel replied.

"But for some reason you think it's mine?"

"Jack wanted to stay home and play with the dog." Sam informed Daniel by way of excuse for Jack's outburst, earning her a smirk from the man in question.

"I was promised there'd be cake, Major." He reminded her, slipping his arm around her waist as she clutched one side of her blue dress, lifting the long skirt so she wouldn't trip on the steps.

"You look great by the way, Sam." Daniel complimented her, walking beside the couple.

"Thanks, Daniel. So do you. Where's Sarah tonight?"

"Left for Greece this morning. She's been planning the trip for ages."

"And that's why we've been roped into this." Jack finished off for his friend.

"Actually the General was expecting you to come."

"Never mentioned anything to me..." Sam said, looking at Jack questioningly.

"Well, I er...told him you were going." Daniel added sheepishly.

They reached the doorway to the large function room where the event was hosted; semi-formal dressed SGC personnel accompanied many well-dressed politicians on the dance floor, which was already in full swing.

"Never mind, we're all here now, so lets just have fun." Sam voiced reasonably, taking in the sight before her.

"So long as there's cake." Daniel put in sarcastically, grinning when he earned himself a glare from Jack.

**

"You want to find a dark corner so we can be alone?" Jack bent his head to whisper in her ear as they swayed to the music.

"And what about Daniel?" She looked up at him with a smile.

"Looking how you look tonight I wouldn't trust you alone in a dark corner with anyone, even Daniel." He grinned at her, enjoying winding her up. She didn't look impressed at his flippant remark, causing him to correct himself. "He's dancing with every female here, Sam. He'll never notice we've -"

"Colonel, Major." General Hammond suddenly appeared beside the dancing couple.

"Sir!" Sam's voice betrayed her surprise, untangling herself from Jack to practically stand at attention.

"You two look like you're having a good time." Hammond observed, before turning his gaze across the dance floor where Daniel was - with his fourteenth dance partner that night. "So does Doctor Jackson."

"So sir, what brings you over here? Trying to steal a dance with my girlfriend?" Jack joked good-naturedly, his hand still resting on the small of her back.

"If you wouldn't mind, Major?" The General smiled, receiving one from Sam in return. He watched Jack kiss her goodbye and head off to rescue Daniel from his latest dance victim, all the while regretting that he hadn't done something to let Sam and Jack be together sooner.

**

"Danny-boy," Jack greeted him, clamping a hand down on his shoulder and steering him back to the bar area. "You've got to learn to say no."

"It's fun, Jack. Dancing is good for -"

"How many have you had?"

"I'm not drunk, Jack."

"Well sit down before you fall down." He ordered him, pulling a chair out for the tipsy doctor.

"So how goes the family reunion?" Daniel asked, trying to straighten out imaginary creases in his dark blue shirt.

"Seems okay now, Jacob isn't mad anymore."

"And...you got a dog?" Daniel stated, sounding disbelieving.

"Yeah, just this morning. Figured it was a nice idea as we're often in the house by ourselves, and Sam's really enjoyed the week with a full house."

"How do you two not get sick of each other?" Daniel asked unabashedly, a sure-fire sign the alcohol was relieving him of his inhibitions.

"I'm a funny guy."

"Poor Sam." Daniel sighed.

**

"Is that the sixth guy?"

"Seventh." Jack corrected, taking a swig of beer and watching his girlfriend dancing with another VIP from the selection in the far corner.

"I love Sam." Daniel suddenly said, his eyes looking slightly glazed.

"What?"

"She's the only one of us who will put up with the horrible guys -"

"Not so loud, Danny." Jack warned him.

"We should rescue her." He announced in reply, making a move to stand.

"You need coffee."

"Coffee's good." Daniel agreed.

"Hey." Sam smiled at them, emerging beside Daniel's chair having escaped from the dance floor.

"Sam! Hey, we were just gunna come and rescue you!" Daniel told her, seeing her share a knowing smile with Jack.

"One too many." Jack confirmed for her, grasping her hand to pull her onto his lap, using the lack of seats by them as his excuse. "So how did you outrun your dance partners?"

"I said these were new shoes and my feet were killing me." She grinned, trying to subtly assess just how inebriated Daniel had gotten himself.

"Did the fourth guy hit on you?" Jack asked suspiciously, which Daniel seemed to find very funny.

"He may have given me his number." She laughed, kissing him for his efforts in being a little overprotective.

"That's it. We've been here for two hours...I think. We can leave." Daniel announced, again rather loudly.

"No argument from me." Jack agreed.

**

"You're going to regret this in the morning, Spacemonkey."

They had got to Daniel's apartment with an onslaught of facts and finds from their latest missions from the good doctor, which were all fascinating according to Daniel, before he moved - surprisingly - to the topic of the dcor in his lounge room. Jack had managed to get him as far as the couch before he fell asleep.

"Should one of us stay with him?" Sam asked, placing a glass of water and some aspirin on the coffee table for the inevitable headache the next morning.

"He'll be fine. Didn't even drink very much." Jack laughed. "We can give him a call in the morning."

It wasn't late when they arrived home, giving them the chance to have the house to themselves whilst everyone was still out at a restaurant. The second Sam opened the door, Jasper ran to them, even letting Sam pick him up.

"I love this dog." She said with a smile.

"I think he feels the same." Jack laughed, stroking the black fur of his head.

"I still can't believe we have a dog."

Sam set Jasper back to the floor, and then followed him into the front room, collapsing on the couch. Jack sat beside her, placing his arm round her shoulders and pulling her closer to him.

"We get the house back to ourselves tomorrow." Sam reminded him, resting her head on his shoulder.

"I think I deserve a night of pizza, beer and you all to myself." Jack told her, chuckling at Jasper, who had managed to pull himself onto the couch and was now lying across the cushions with his front paws on Jack's legs, looking up at him expectantly.

"I think we could arrange that." Sam replied with a smile, moving in to kiss him.

Ten minutes later the front door slammed, announcing Jacob and his family had returned. Mark and Jacob came straight in to the front room, while the girls went upstairs with Liz.

"You've got lipstick..." Jacob told Jack with a smirk, gesturing to his mouth and watching with amusement as his daughter flushed red in embarrassment.

Jack, as usual, didn't even look ruffled. "It's a new look I'm going for." The comment, along with his accompanying grin, made Sam see the funny side, burying her head in Jack's shoulder, still feeling embarrassed despite her giggles.

"You two have a good night?" Mark asked pleasantly.

"It was alright, lots of people from work there so at least we had people to talk to." Sam answered with a smile. "What about you?"

Jo wandered into the room in her pyjamas a little while later to say goodnight to everyone, inadvertently waking Jasper, who was still lying across the sofa. He seemed to recognize his new friend and immediately went to her, pressing his head into her palm.

"That little one likes attention," Mark commented. "Come on, Jo. Bedtime." He continued getting up to usher her out of the room.

"I think I'll go up as well." Jacob spoke up, following his son out the door.

"And then there was two." Jack said, feeling the need to kiss her forehead and pull her closer to him now they were alone.

"Actually three." Sam corrected him, gesturing to Jasper and making a move to get up. "I'll let him run round in the garden for a bit."

Ten minutes after she'd opened the kitchen door, and the poor dog being chased around the garden by Jack, Jasper lay down in his bed and closed his eyes.

"You want to go to bed?" Sam asked as Jack locked the patio door behind him.

"Definitely." He replied with a predatory grin, grasping her hand.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Explosion_Of_Colour