Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Crazy 1: I'm Going Crazy

by ErYnN
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
I'm Going Crazy

I'm Going Crazy

by ErYnN

TITLE: I'm Going Crazy
AUTHOR: ErYnN
EMAIL: j_bond5@yahoo.com
CATEGORY: D/S, romance, hurt/comfort, angst, "the usuals"
SPOILERS: none of which I can think of at this moment.
SEASON / SEQUEL: sometime in season four; part one of the "Crazy" series.
RATING: PG, PG-13
CONTENT WARNINGS: none that I can think of
SUMMARY: no summary given
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: I don't in any way own the lyrics and/or the songs that are in this fan fiction. I will never own them, so don't ask me, if you can have them, because they aren't really mine. Someone else owns them, so ask them, if you can buy them, if you'd like to. Thanks.

It was a normal day at Cheyenne Mountain, but there was one person, who wasn't feeling rather normal. Sam was too sad to be normal. She felt horrible, and she was so down in the dumps that if she were any more down, she'd be in China. She kept remembering the day that the General adopted Daniel. It was strange. Daniel had no family, except for his foster families, who he hadn't seen for years, and his SGC family. No one ever thought that the General would adopt him as his own son. He already had one real son, but now, he had two. Daniel changed his name to Daniel James Hammond Jackson, and he was happier, and then, he left the SGC. She was even remembering the day he left. He hugged and kissed her 'good-bye', got on a plane, and left. She missed him so much. She had nothing to do, because SG-1 was stand-down, so she sat unhappily in Janet Fraiser's office in the SGC infirmary, and sat with a sad look on her face. The saddest face that Janet had ever seen on Sam. She let out a sigh, and went over to see what was wrong with her friend.

"Sam, what's wrong?" Janet asked.

"What? Huh? Oh. Sorry, Janet. What did you say?" Sam questioned back.

"I asked 'Sam, what's wrong?' "

"Oh. Nothing's wrong. I am fine. Swell. I'm great, Janet. No need to worry so much."

"Sam. You are lying to me. Colonel O'Neill tells me that you have been like this for the month and a half. I would really like to know why."

"Well, Colonel O'Neill doesn't know what he's talking about, and I don't really want to discuss it. Okay?"

"Okay. I just was worried, that's all."

"Well, don't."

"Don't what, Sam?"

"Don't worry. I will be okay, and I will deal with what I am dealing with alone like always."

She stormed out of the infirmary, and back to her office, where she locked her door, and climbed underneath her desk. She sat with her knees close to her chest with her arms around her legs. A couple lonely tears fell down, and Sam quickly wiped them away. She'd do that every time, until she couldn't wipe fast enough, and she starting balling. She cried loudly into her knees, and she knew that crying had to be the best way to deal with her problems.

Meanwhile, back in the infirmary, Jack O'Neill sat in Janet's infirmary office, and was thinking of something, when she arrived.

"Colonel, what are you doing here?" She wondered.

"Ah . . . I am still worried about Carter." He replied softly.

"Me too, sir. She won't let us know what her problems are. She shelters her feelings, and won't let us know what her problems are about, until its too late."

"That's true, Doc. But, I think I know what her problems stem from."

"What?"

"From, you know, 'him'."

" 'Him', sir?"

" 'Him'." He emphasized softly, but using his hands.

"Oh. Ohhhh. I think I know who you are talking about."

She whispered something in Jack's ear, and he nodded.

"Yep, that'd be him, all right." He answered.

"Wow. He's only been gone for --" She started to say.

"A month and a half." They said together softly.

"Well, we now know what we have to do." Janet stated.

"Oh, what would that be? Would you like to fill me in, please?" Jack questioned back.

"We have to call him, and tell him about the situation here."

"No, we can't do that, or he'll come back, and you know that he doesn't want to come back, and she doesn't want him to come back either."

"I know that, but we should at least fill him in, or the General."

"I think we should tell him first, and I think that he'll probably call the General."

"Thinking about that, he probably will."

"Yep, he sure will."

A long silence filled the room, and then, the phone in Janet's office rang.

"I have to answer that." She stated.

"Yeah, I should get going. Maybe I will go and talk to her." He answered.

"Maybe you should try to get to her problems. I'll call him after this phone call, and I will tell him that both you and I are worried about her."

"Don't forget Teal'c. He's worried worse than both of us combined."

Janet laughed, and answered her phone as Jack left to go to Sam's office.

Jack walked down to Sam's office, and knocked on the door twice.

Silence.

He knocked again twice.

Silence.

"Carter! Are you in there?" He stated loudly.

Silence.

"Carter! Come on!"

Silence.

He tried to turn the doorknob to open the door, but it was locked.

"Carter, please! Open the door now! We need to talk!"

Silence.

"Carter!" He said as loud as he could out screaming.

Silence.

"She's calling him, Sam." He said loudly.

"What?" She said softly.

"She speaks."

"What do you say?"

"I said 'She is calling him, Sam.' "

"She's what?"

"She's gonna call him. She is calling him right now."

Loud unlocking noises overcame Jack, and he stepped back quickly. Sam opened her office door quickly and watched to the elevator to go upstairs to the infirmary.

"Where are you going?" Jack asked.

"Where do you think?" Sam replied as she entered the elevator.

As Sam got upstairs and into the infirmary, Janet had already calling a number, and was getting in touch with someone. Sam bursted into her office, and stood in front of her, with a frown on her face.

"How dare you call the General?!" She stated loudly.

"What?" Janet asked in a confusion tone.

"How dare you?!"

She stormed out of the office, and went back down to her office, and began to cry once again. What a Major, she thought. A whining, crying, wimpy, wussie Major Samantha Carter!

Meanwhile, Janet had gotten in touch with some people and was getting closer to talking to her mystery man. Finally, the phone got to him, and Janet knew he'd be there.

"Hello?" the mystery voice asked.

"Hello." Janet stated.

"Janet?"

"Yeah, it's me."

"Wow, you haven't changed, I guess. I can't really see you."

"That's okay. I can't really see you either."

"True, and you wouldn't want to see me. I look gruff."

"Oh, me too."

They both laughed, and Janet started, "Sam would care, if you changed."

"Sam? I had almost forgotten about her. How is she doing?" the voice asked.

"Not good. She's been so sad since you left a month and a half ago."

"Really? Poor Sam. You want to know something?"

"Sure."

"I am feeling the same way."

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah. But, I get through it."

"How?"

"By taking it one day at a time."

"Well, that's a definite measure, but I don't think that it'll work for her."

"Why?"

"You see, Sam is one of the those people, who likes to bottle-up their feelings, until it's too late. You go slow about getting her to talk, before she does something that she'll really regret."

"That would be a good idea, Daniel."

"Thanks Janet. Well, I --"

"Yeah? Oh. Sorry, Daniel. You were saying."

"Well, I have ta get going. Business as usual, you know."

"Yeah, me too. I have to get back to the infirmary, too. Well, we all miss you, and hope you are very well."

"Thank you. Good-bye, Janet."

"Goodbye, Daniel."

They both hung up, but Janet still had a problem to solve. She had to somehow get Sam to cheer up as quickly as she could, before something terrible happens.

Sam stormed into the General's office, and set an envelope on his desk.

"Major, what is the meaning of this?" General Hammond stated.

"My resignation is the meaning, sir." She answered.

"What do you mean, 'your resignation', Major?"

"I am resigning, sir. My reason is explained in the letter, sir."

"Major, I--"

"I was great working with you, sir. Good-bye."

She saluted, and left his office. As she walked back to her office, Jack stopped her.

"Carter." Jack stated.

"Leave me alone." She said back.

She stormed into her office, and slammed the door behind her.

"What did I do?" He said to himself as he walked to the General's office.

As he got to the office, Lt. Samuels was waiting for him.

"Lieutenant?" He stated.

"Colonel, the General would like to speak with you. Now." Samuels replied.

"All right."

He walked into the General's office, and stood at attention in front of the desk.

"At ease, Colonel." Hammond stated.

"Yes, sir." Jack replied.

"Sit please."

"Yes, sir. Thank you. So what is this all about, sir? No, wait. Let me guess . . . it's about Carter, isn't it?"

"Yes, how did you figure that out?"

"Lucky guess, sir."

"Well, she just resigned a couple minutes ago."

"What?!"

"Here, read her letter."

Jack took the letter from the General and read it to himself softly.

"Sir, I don't get it. She was happy that he was leaving. She was actually told him that he should go away from here, and live out his dreams again. Now, she can't stand that he's not here. This is so strange. Maybe we should bring him back, sir. To convince her to stay."

"Maybe that's the best case situation, Colonel. I'll call him. He's my son, so he should hear it from me."

"Yes, sir."

"You are dismissed, Colonel."

"Yes, sir. Should I tell Dr. Fraiser what's going on?"

"Yes, you should, because she will need to help Sam cope with her sadness."

"Yes, sir. She's trying, sir, and so am I."

"Good. Good."

"Yes, sir. Thank you, sir."

Jack saluted the General, and left the room. The General made a phone call, and finally, got someone on the other line after five minutes of waiting.

"Hello?" a voice stated.

"Yes, this is General George Hammond of the US Air Force. I need to speak with Dr. Daniel J. Jackson." He said.

"Yes, sir. Hold on."

"All right."

The person on the line clicked the General over and a familiar voice answered the phone.

"Jackson." The voice said.

"Daniel?" he questioned.

"George, ah hello. How are you? How is everyone?"

"Everyone is good, except for one person."

"I know. Janet told me. It's Sam, isn't it?"

"Yes, son, it is."

"Oh, god."

"Colonel O'Neill and I think it's both wise that you come back to talk to her. You are our only hope, because she won't tell any of us what's wrong."

"Geesh . . . where is she now? Is she there at the SGC?"

"No, she isn't. She resigned."

"She what?!"

"No calm down, son."

"When?"

"Today."
"God. What is she doing now?"

"The Colonel said that she was probably cleaning out her office, and leaving. When is the best time for you to come back to Cheyenne Mountain?"

"Well, I can leave whenever I need to, but only for a short time, because I am one of the head archaeologists and the other archaeologists don't know what they are doing."

The General laughed, and stated, "Well, how 'bout I make the travel arrangements and send you the information on your computer."

"That would be good. I have to get going, George." Daniel said back to him.

"Oh. All right. See you soon, son."

"Bye."

"Good-bye."

They both hung up, and the General made a few calls, and scheduled a flight for Daniel to come home. He knew if he (meaning Daniel) couldn't get to Sam, no one could, except Dr. Mackenzie, which no one wants to call. Ever.

A few days later, Daniel was on an airplane, and on his way to Colorado Springs, and Cheyenne Mountain. Jack, Janet, and the General devised a plan to get Sam to the airport to meet Daniel, without her knowing. The General told Janet and Sam to meet Sam's replacement at the airport, because the replacement is from out of town and doesn't know the town very well. So, Sam and Janet went to airport, and waited for the airplane to arrive.

"I hope that this new doctor is like you. Fun, and smart." Janet stated.

"Thanks, Janet. I will really miss you." Sam replied.

"I will miss you, too."

They hugged, as one of the airport attendants announced, "Flight 1415 is arriving from London, England, at Gate 20A.
Flight 1415 is arriving from London, England, at Gate 20A."

"Well, that's the flight. We'd better go." Janet stated.
"Yeah, we should." Sam replied.

They stood up, and walked outside of the terminal. The arrival gate was an outdoor gate, so the passengers had to walk from the airplane, outside to the gate, no matter what the weather was. Janet and Sam stood by the terminal, and watched as people got off the airplane one by one, and sometimes two by two. Janet saw the 'replacement', and smiled widely. Sam kept watching the passengers come out of the airplane, when Janet stated loudly, "Stay here! I am going to meet your replacement!"

"Why can't I meet her?" Sam replied just as loud.

"Because I know what she looks like!"

"Oh!"

"Stay right here!"

"All right!"

Janet started walking toward 'the replacement' and then, she just started running him. Sam looked closely at 'the replacement' and saw that it was a man. She was getting replaced by a man. Typical, she thought. Just typical. So, she turned around, so she couldn't see his face. When she turned around, he and Janet were hugging.

What is she doing, Sam thought. Janet has been acting so weird lately. Maybe they are together. Who knows?

What she didn't see was who Janet was hugging. Janet ran up to 'the replacement' as he came off the plane, and when he came down the stairs, he dropped his carry-on luggage, and hugged her close.

"Oh, it's so good to see you, Janet." He stated.

"You too, Daniel. You too." She replied.

"Where's Sam at?"

"Over there."

Janet motioned to where Sam was, and he saw her, looking at the other airplanes taking off.

"She looks well." He stated.

"But, she isn't though, Daniel. She's had some better days and some worse days, but I know when she sees you, she'll be
better." She replied.

"We should surprise her."

"We could, but how?"

"I know how."

He began to whisper something into her ear, and she nodded to acknowledge that she knew what was going to happen. Daniel slipped on his hat and jacket quickly, and then, put his sunglasses on. He had contacts now, which Sam didn't know he'd gotten. Only Janet really knew. She was a doctor, she knew all of these things.
They had now one chance to fool Sam, and they had a plan to do it, too.

To be continued . . .

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to ErYnN