Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

When You Said Nothing At All

by ErYnN
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
When You Said Nothing At All

When You Said Nothing At All

by Erynn

TITLE: When You Said Nothing At All.
AUTHOR: Erynn
EMAIL: j_bond5@yahoo.com
CATEGORY: Romance, Angst, Drama, Hurt/Comfort, Daniel/Sam.
SPOILERS: none
SEASON / SEQUEL: I don't know when.
RATING: PG-13 (maybe even PG).
CONTENT WARNINGS: m/f
SUMMARY: Daniel tells Sam that he loves her, but....
STATUS: Completed.
*(DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors).*
AUTHOR'S NOTE: I wrote this, when I felt done, and without anyone to turn to. When I began thinking about my situation, I just had to write it out, and write about it as much as I could. When I did think about it, I thought that it would be a good storyline for some characters on Stargate SG-1. So, I used it, went with it, and here's the final product. Enjoy! If you do enjoy it, email me and tell me why you like it. If you didn't like it, email me and tell me why you didn't like it. Thanks a bunch.- Erynn.
*(The song used in this story is, "When You Come Back To Me Again, " sung by Garth Brooks, at the end of the movie, "Frequency.")*

There's a ship out
On the ocean
At the mercy of the sea
It's been tossed about lost and broken
Wandering aimlessly
And God, somehow you know that ship is me
There's a lighthouse in a harbor shining faithfully
Pouring it's light out across the water
For this sinking soul to see
That someone out there still believes in me

As he listened to the music as it played on the radio in his office, Daniel began to think of everything that had gone wrong in his life. He thought most about the tragedies at first. His parents' death. Sha're's death. He thought about all the happy things that have happened. Seeing all of his friends again after returning from Abydos. Being surrounded by the people, who he loved like family. But, there was one thing he kept thinking about, more than ever.

Sam.

She kept entering and exiting his mind the whole day and night. Sam. His one true love. This one true thing...he loved Sam. He believed in Sam, and she believed in him. But, there was one fact that couldn't be denied...Sam liked Jack, and Jack liked her.

On a prayer
In a song
I hear your voice and it keeps me hanging on, ahhh
Raining down against the wind
I'm reaching out 'til we reach the circle's end
When you come back to me again.

He had to tell her. Someway, somehow, he had to tell her. He began to think, "Why don't I just say it? Why can't I just say it?"

But, his mind always returned to the same answers.You are scared of losing her to someone else.The 'someone else' was: Jack. He had to tell her, before it was too late. He got up out of his chair, went into the locker room, changed clothes, and went to his car to leave Cheyenne Mountain to go home to his apartment in town. He got into his car, closed the door, and sat in the seat quietly. No noise. No movement. No nothing. It was a silence that was so hard to put into words. He sighed softly, and then, all of a sudden for no reason, tears fell sweetly from his eyes. He couldn't contain it all inside him anymore. He knew he had to tell her. It was now, or never. He slipped his keys into the ignition, started the car, put it into 'drive', and set off for Sam's apartment in town, instead of his own. He turned on his car cell-phone, and dialed a phone number. He dialed Sam's number. He had to tell her that he was coming over to see her.

"Hello?" a sweet voice answered.

"Sam. It's Daniel." he stated.

"Oh, hi, Daniel. What's up?"

He sniffed up a couple of loose tears that fell from his eyes.

"Daniel, what's wrong?" she asked him.

"I have to talk to you." he answered.

"Sure. How 'bout we talk right before we go to work?"

"No. I need to speak with you now."

"Daniel, I am just about to go to sleep. Why don't we just talk tomorrow?"

"No! No. We need to talk now."

"Okay, okay. Now."

"I'll be there in a couple of minutes."

"Okay."

He pushed the 'end' button on his cell-phone, and kept driving in silence to Sam's place. When he got there, he parked his car in the garage, and walked to her apartment complex's front door. The doorman stopped him, before he could step inside.

"Excuse me, sir, but who are here to see tonight?" he asked.

"I am here to see Captain Samantha Carter. So, could you let me go up to her apartment, and see her, please?" Daniel asked back.

"Not until I call up to her room, and tell her you are here. Wait, please."

The doorman dialed up Sam's number, asked her if Daniel was supposed be coming to her apartment that night, and then, hung up.

"You may go up now, sir." the doorman answered.

"Thank you." Daniel replied.

He knew he had to get up there quickly, so he took the elevator to the floor her apartment was on. It was on the third floor, closer to the ground. The elevator doors opened, and Daniel ran to Sam's apartment door. He stood in front of her door for a second to catch his breath, which made him thinking of Sam, and how he had to tell her that he couldn't live without her anymore.

There's a moment
we all come to
in our own time and our own space
Where all that we've done
we can undo
if our heart's in the right place

On a prayer
In a song
I hear your voice and it keeps me hanging on, ahhh
Raining down against the wind
I'm reaching out 'til we reach the circle's end
When you come back to me again.

He began to cry again, which made it all even worse. But, he decided to knock. He did it twice, and on the second one, she answered the door. She opened it fast, and gasped. She put her hand on her mouth as the sadness she saw in Daniel's face ran throughout her body, engulfing it all like a tear, welling up on your eyelid.

"Come...come in, Daniel." she said softly.

He walked in and sat down on her couch slowly. She closed her door, and sat down next to him quietly.

"What's wrong, Daniel?" she asked softly, trying not to cry.

"Everything." he answered.

"Why do you mean, 'everything'?"

"I mean, everything is wrong. My life, in general, has been missed up, and right now, I am missed up over one thing that I can't let go."

"What? What is it? What is that one thing that you can't let go?"

"It's you."

"What?"

"It's you! I can't let you go anymore!"

"What? What do you mean that you can't let me go anymore?"

"I can't let my mind speak for my heart anymore. I have to say it."

"Say what?"

"Nothing, it's nothing."

"No, Daniel, it isn't nothing. What is it that you have to say, Daniel? What is it? Tell me, Daniel. Tell me!"

"You want to know?! You want to know what I have to say?! You seriously want to know?!"

"Yes! Yes, I do! I want to know! I seriously want to know!! Tell me, goddamnit! Tell me!!"

"I love you, damnit!! I-LOVE-YOU!!! I-love-you!!! I love you."

As he kept saying, "I love you, " he began to cry harder and harder. He couldn't stand himself anymore, so he stood up quickly, and moved away from her reach.

"Do you see?!! Do you see what this is doing to me, Sam?!! Huh, do you?!! Do you?!!" He yelled.

"YES! I do! I can see it in your eyes. I can see it in your face, your voice, your soul. I see it, Daniel, and I'm scared. I am scared." She answered.

"Of what?!! Of what, Sam?!! What are you scared of?!!"

"I'm scared of you. I'm scared of love. I'm scared that you won't believe what I am saying. I'm scared, because I'm afraid of it all. Are you scared, Daniel? Are you?"

"Yes."

"What? I couldn't hear you. What?"

"YES!! Yes, I'm scared!"

"Scared of what, Daniel?"

"I'm scared that I'm gonna lose you to Jack!"

She gasped lightly, trying to hold in her tears, but it was too late. She was crying. He saw that she was crying, and sat back down beside her. With his hands on her face, and his thumbs wiped off the tears that slowly fell off her eyes, he stared adoringly into her face. She was smiled at him sweetly, and he knew that he felt something, deeper than anything else. He was smiling at her, which he hadn't done that day at all. He moved closer to her with his hands still on her face, and without any warning, he kissed Sam. He kissed her so passionately that he forgot all of his problems, all of his grief, and all of the bad things that were in his mind at that moment. For that one moment, he was free. He was free.

And again I see my yesterdays in front of me
Unfolding like a myself
You're changing all that is and used to be
On a prayer
In a song
I hear your voice and it keeps me hanging on, ahhh

Raining down against the wind
I'm reaching out 'til we reach the circle's end
When you come back to me again
(When you come back to me again).

It had been three hours, since Daniel had come to see Sam, and he hadn't left her apartment yet. Sam was asleep softly with her head laying across his lap. He softly caressed her face with his hand. She felt so warm. She felt so free to him. He looked at his watch quietly, and it was 1:31 a.m. He needed to leave her place to go to sleep at his own place. He softly picked up her head, and as he got up off the couch, he relaid her head on a pillow, which was near her. He kissed her forehead softly with his lips, and then, left to go back to his apartment. He knew that he did the right thing by telling her how he felt. He loved her, and no matter what, he still would. No matter what.

* * *

The next morning, Daniel seemed rather odd. He was happy for once. Daniel happy? It was weird. Jack found him, getting his morning coffee as he always did everyday.

"Mornin', Daniel." he stated.

"Oh. Mornin', Jack." the young doctor answered.

"Ah, Daniel?"

"Yeah, Jack?"

"Are you, ah...okay?"

"Yeah. Why wouldn't I be?"

"Because you seem rather..."

"Happy?"

"No, more like chipper, to be exact. But, yes. Why?"

"Can't I be happy for once, Jack?"

"No. When you are this happy, it scares me."

"Well then...BOO!"

Daniel giggled softly, which made Jack even more scared. He stayed scared, until Sam entered the room.

"Mornin', Carter." Jack stated.

"Oh, good morning, Colonel. Daniel." Sam replied.

"Sam." Daniel answered.

"How are you two this morning?"

"Oh, good. Daniel's happy, did you know that?" Jack asked.

"Oh, well, ah...good for you, Daniel."

"Oh, thanks." he answered.

Daniel softly smiled at Sam, and she smiled back. Jack looked at them both, and stood up quickly.

"This 'happiness' thing scares me. It really, really scares me." He stated as he left the room.

Sam and Daniel both look at each other, and laugh. He stood up, and watched toward her.

"I'm sorry about last night." He stated.

"No, you don't need to be. He were great." She replied.

"Thank you."

"For what?"

"Listening, believing, understanding. Everything."

"Well, you're welcome."

"Okay. Bye."

"Bye."

He left to go to his office, and she stayed to get her coffee & return to her office. After she got her coffee, she walked to the hallway to her office. The door was open a tad bit. How could it have opened, when she closed it fully? She stepped closer to the door, and opened it quickly to discover that her office was covered with vases full of white, pink, and yellow roses. She gasped loudly, and began to smile widely. She saw a card laying her desk, and it had her name on it in silver lettering. She opened the card's envelope, and read the message inside. It read:

"I didn't know which ones you liked best, so I got them all. I love you. Daniel."

She smiled softly to herself, and lightly laughing. She looked up at her office door to see Daniel standing there, smiling.

"Hi." He stated.

She got up out of her chair behind her desk, and kissed Daniel so softly & so passionately. When she finally let him go, she hugged him so tightly.

"Thank you." she whispered in his ear.

"You're welcome." he whispered back.

She let him go, and he walked back to his office, smiling happily all the way. Sam laughed to herself sweetly, and then, she went back to her desk to do more work.

* * *

When it was time to leave to go back home, Daniel helped Sam get all of the roses into her car. There were about six vases with a dozen roses in each, meaning there was sixty roses, twenty of red; twenty of white; and, twenty of pink. After they had gotten all of them into her car, they softly kissed each other. Jack got to witness this one moment.

"Hello, kiddies. Geez, Captain...buy the whole flower shop?" He asked.

"No, sir. They were from a friend. Okay?" She answered.

"Oh, really. Interesting."

"Well, I have to leave. Have a good night, sir. Good night, Daniel."

" 'Night, Carter."

" 'Night, Sam." Daniel stated to her.

He smiled at her softly, and she smiled back to him the same way. She got into her car, and drove off to her place in town.

"What was that?" Jack asked.

"What was what?" Daniel questioned with the same smile he gave Sam.

"That!"

"What? What is the 'that' that you are referring to?"

"Ah, nevermind!"

Daniel laughed at Jack, and smiled again. He got his car keys out of his pocket, and waved goodbye to Jack. He waved back, and drove off to his house. Daniel got into his car, put his keys in the ignition, and started it. He smiled, and turned on the radio.

"And now, a special request from Samantha to Daniel. It's Ronan Keating of the band, Boyzone with the song, 'When You Say Nothing At All'from the 'Notting Hill' soundtrack. Here's one for you, Daniel, with love from Samantha. On WZON, the Zone F.M." the dj stated.

It's amazing how you can speak right to my heart
Without saying a word, you can light up the dark
Try as I may I could never explain
What I hear when you don't say a thing

As the chorus started, we see Daniel smiling at something. The sky, maybe. Who really knows for sure, and at the same time, Sam was also smiling at something. The sky, maybe. Who really knows. Who really knows.

The smile on your face let's me know that you need me
There's a truth in your eyes saying you'll never leave me
The touch of your hand says you'll catch me if ever I fall

You say it best when you say nothing at all
All alone I can hear people talking outloud
But when you hold me near, you drown out the crowd
Old Mr. Webster could never define
What's being said between your heart and mine

The smile on your face let's me know that you need me
There's a truth in your eyes saying you'll never leave me
The touch of your hand says you'll catch me if ever I fall
You say it best when you say nothing at all

The smile on your face let's me know that you need me
There's a truth in your eyes saying you'll never leave me
The touch of your hand says you'll catch me if ever I fall
You say it best when you say nothing at all.

The music stopped, and Sam & Daniel kept driving on. For the one moment, when they kissed at Cheyenne, the world seemed to stop. Everything was quiet, so peaceful. Perfect.

Daniel got home five minutes later just in time to answer his telephone.

"Hello?" he asked.

"You said it best, Daniel, because you said everything, that's all." a voice stated.

"Thanks, Sam."

"You're welcome, Daniel."

"I love you."

"I love you, too."

They laughed on both ends of the phone lines as the scene fades away to black.

Perfect.

So perfect.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Erynn