Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Just Your Average Day

by Ella
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Just your average day

Just your average day

by Ella

TITLE: Just your average day
AUTHOR: Ella
EMAIL: bengab1@hotmail.com
CATEGORY: Hurt/Comfort, Romance
PAIRING: Sam/Jack
SPOILERS: none that I know of
SEASON / SEQUEL: 3
RATING: PG-13
CONTENT WARNINGS: none
SUMMARY: Jack has a problem bug in his system but could it be more dangerous than it looks?
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: Feedback. I need feedback of any sort good or bad is welcome just bear in mind if your really nasty You not find out what happened.

It was your average day at the office for Colonel Jack O'Neill. He and his team had gone on a routine mission got captured by a nasty go' auld had been helped to escape by the tok'ra on the inside and had managed to piss another system lord off. He was so used to this now that he didn't even think about it, On this occasion however he had done something he couldn't forget in a hurry.

He had kissed his 2IC Major Samantha Carter. Technically it wasn't his fault he had been under the influence of a nasty bug that had controlled him' but it wasn't that ,that was bothering. Well in a way it was. Alright he couldn't help the fact he had kissed her but the fact he had enjoyed it. How could he She was his to 2IC and he shouldn't have feelings like that, but there again he couldn't help the way he felt.

Sam as always had been great about it. She was always so much better at handling stuff like this than he was. She was really o.k. with it and had told General Hammond that it wasn't my fault I think secretly she enjoyed it , but General Hammond wouldn't let it go so now I was on the Way to the office. Just then I saw the Major.

'Oh god here comes Jack ' He and the Kiss had been haunting her ever since it had happened. It was bugging her so much because she kept thinking about how it could have gone further and would she have let it go that far. Hell of course she would she fancied him like ...... Well hell. She was getting good at hiding her feelings now and she had receded her self to the fact that nothing could or would ever happen with them.

" Carter " A voice cut though her thoughts .

" Hi , Sir . You off to see the general I suppose."

" Yeah. How did you know?"

" Because that's where I'm going."

" O.K then Major after you."

They were both very quiet on the way to the General office. They were both n their own dream worlds. Each thinking about the other , about how they could have gone on. What if they hadn't stopped. Would they still be having a relationship now." Sam"

" Yes...Jack?"

" Do you forgive me?"

" For what'

" Kissing you. I mean I know it's wasn't my fault but I still feel guilty."

" Of course I forgive you. Your to nice to me for me to stay anger at you for long."

'Hang on a minute did I just say what I thought I said. Oh god I hope not if I did I just made an ass of myself in front of my Colonel '

' O.K Calm down Jack she was only commenting that you were nice to her that's what friends do all the time. Isn't it? Oh holy crap this is to embarrassing . Hang on a minute what am I upset about I didn't say it there's nothing for me to be upset about.'

Suddenly they were fancied with the door of the office. O'Neill knocked. " Come in " Came a voice from inside. "After you Major."

After what seemed like hours they emerged from being grilled by General Hammond. He had asked them everything from how they were feeling about the whole mission to If this 'incident ' As he put it would cause a problem for the team. To this last question they had both answered no but neither was initially sure about that fact.

Sam walked off to go and talk to Janet. If she ever felt low she went and talked to Janet, who knew Sam inside out and Knew her so well that she was the one person Sam could always rely on. She found Janet in her office going through files. "Hi Sam. What's up?" Sam sat down and explained everything to Janet. How the meeting had just gone, what she had said to Jack before and her secret desire to see how a relationship would go. At that point Janet reminded Sam of the regulations." That's the whole point I know I can't have him that doesn't stop me wanting him."

Just then Daniel walked in. "Sorry Janet. I need to talk to Sam."

" What is it Daniel?"

"I've just seen Jack. He seemed a bit upset no I'll Change that he seemed a lot upset actually I was wondering if it had anything to do with the meeting with General Hammond he was really cut up about kissing you."

"I don't know Daniel why don't you go and ask him." She snapped.

"I'm just having a little difficulty trying to work out why your being so harsh towards him if there's nothing the matter between you two and besides I was only asking there's no need to bite my head off over it."

" I'm sorry Daniel it's not that it just what with him kissing me and me saying a few things I shouldn't have done.. It's just thrown me a bit that alls plus on top of that I've got a stack of paperwork the size of Everest at the minute. Thinking about it. Janet I've got to go I've got a pile of paperwork to catch up on Thanks for listening to me being stupid."

" Any time Sam. You know where I am." Sam ran over to her gave her hug and left the infirmary. Leaving Daniel trying to figure out what she had said.

Meanwhile Jack was feeling almost as bad as Sam did and the only reason he didn't feel that bad was because he didn't have a pile of paperwork to do. He had just seen Daniel and snapped at him and now he felt terrible about that. 'O.K this has gone far enough I've got to go and Talked to Sam if I don't I'm going to go crazy.'

So he started towards her lab. Thinking about what he was going to say, how she would react and could he have a heart to heart with her. He was so crap at doing things like that and hope he wouldn't bugger it up like almost everything he did and hope she wouldn't blow up in his face.

He stood at the door. She was engrossed in her paperwork that she didn't even notice he was there until he knocked at the door . " Eh... Carter can I have a word please."

" Sure sir." He walked in and shut the door after him.

" Sam about this whole situation. To tell you the truth it's starting to bug me. I know we didn't choose this to happen but to tell you the truth in a way I am but I need to understand this. Plus on top of that I'm starting to wonder what kind of situation we're in."

" Well to tell you the truth I'm not sure how I feel about this either. All right I know the kiss wasn't your fault but I think we need to talk about where we're going to go from here. Not with a relationship but is our friendship going to stay the same because I don't want that to happen and I don't want to start a desk job or move teams I like working with Daniel, Teal'c and you but if things are going to change I might have to."

" Well I don't think anything could go back to exactly the way it was because of the..."

" Kiss?"

" Yeah but they could go back to almost normal, but that depends on whether we are going to go on with this relationship."

" What do you mean?"

" Well we could have a private relationship after all we know how we feel about each other."

" Would that work though?"

"Well why not?"

" A the regulations, B the team and C Daniel and Janet would know."

"O.K but where's your sense of adventure?"

"Somewhere in this pile of paperwork probably."

"O.K lets go over your points. First there's a loop hole in the regulations. The wouldn't suffer because they wouldn't know and finally even if Daniel and Janet did know they wouldn't say anything they be happy for us."

Just then he was brought out of his daydream.' If only any of that was true especially the regulations.' Sam walked up to him. Suddenly he did something he couldn't stop himself doing. He kissed her right there in the middle of the corridor.

' Oh my god he's kissing me again. This is fantastic. He's a brilliant kisser . Hang on a minute what am I saying he's my CO Nothing can happen get out now pull away. What the fuck no way I've wanted this for years I not going to give it up.'

Just then Jack pulled away " Sam I'm so sorry I don't what got into me."

" I've got to go"

" Sam wait! Sam!"

" So I've finally blown my one and only chance of her ever talking to me again."

" Who ever talking to you again Jack?"

"Danny. Don't worry wanter go for a beer."

FINI

If I get enough feedback I might write a sequel.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Ella