Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Someone To Talk To

by Elise Hudson
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Someone To Talk To

Someone To Talk To

by Elise Hudson

TITLE: Someone to talk to
AUTHOR:Elise Hudson
EMAIL: elisemarie@cwcom.net
CATEGORY: Sam and Jack
SPOILERS: None
SEASON / SEQUEL: None
RATING: PG-13 but I'm not sure. There is some angst and stuff and I don't want to offend anyone so I have cut out a scene that may be rated higher due to violence. If anyone wishes to read it I will send it privately.
CONTENT WARNINGS:
SUMMARY: Jack worries about Sam after a bad mission.
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: This is the first Sam and Jack story I have written so please be nice and I'm sorry if this comes out wrong. I also apologise in advance for spelling mistakes, I've had a long day. I was also in a bad mood so not all stories will be like this. I shocked my friends with the content.

Colonel Jack O'Neill was lying on his bed. It wasn't actually his, but it was his for the duration of his stay on this planet. He was lying on a feather mattress with large plump feather pillows surrounding him. This was his teams first night on this planet and it made O'Neill uneasy. On his teams last mission a member had been badly beaten. She had not spoken of the ordeal but it was obvious that she had been affected. She had closed off from everyone, even from her best-friends Daniel and Janet. She was jumpy and quick tempered not allowing anyone near her. And it had Jack worried. She was the strong, intelligent Doctor Captain Samantha Carter and she was scared of the smallest little touch. It was a known fact that she was suffering from nightmares as her screams could be heard nightly throughout the base. Daniel and Jack were always the two that went to comfort her but she continued to push them further away.

Suddenly a scream rang out threw the cold night air. Jack leapt from his bed, grabbed his gun and ran to Sam's room. The door was locked so he kicked it open. He trained his gun on the sounds coming from the other room and walked towards them.

"Come out, with your hands up." He said. Sam's head appeared from around the shower curtain.

"Sir?" She gasped, clinging to the curtain. The wet plastic material of the curtain clung to her, revealing curves he had never seen before. He lowered his gun.

"Sorry, Captain. I didn't mean to intrude, I just..." He trailed off.

"That's okay. The water went cold. It kinda scared me."

"Okay. Again- sorry. I'll be going now." He turned and left. As he got to the door he heard her voice. He turned to see her standing in the bathroom doorway wearing only a towel. A towel which started at the top of her breasts and went down to her mid-thigh.

"I don't really want to stay in this room as you just bust the lock."

He looked at the door and then back to her. Smiling sheepishly he said, "Sorry. You can have my room." He remained where he was and she raised her eyebrows at him. "What? Oh yeah." He said realising she had to get dressed, "I'll wait outside."

A few minutes later she emerged from her room dressed in a towel robe. As he went to walk into her room she said, "Uh, sir?"

"Yes, Captain?"

"I'd like to request something of you. I don't want you to take this the wrong way or use it against me or think I'm unprofessional or not fit for duty or..."

"Captain?"

"Right," She said as she took a deep breath, "Will you spend the night with me?"

He nearly choked on the oxygen he was breathing as his eyebrows raised. He looked at her but she was starring at the floor. "Excuse me?"

"What I mean, sir, is I don't want to be alone tonight. This doesn't affect my work just my sleep and I.."

He stopped her again, "Sure. You can have the bed and I'll take the couch."

She looked up and smiled slightly. It was the first smile that he had seen on her face in the past month.

Two hours later Sam lay in Jack's bed, wide awake. Jack had drifted off to sleep ages ago and she could now hear his gentle snore. It was peaceful and reassuring. It began to calm her down so soon she found herself closing her eyes.

There was another murmur, this time it was louder. It was loud enough to awaken him. Jack sat up straight and, holding his breath, listened carefully.

"No, don't. Please don't." He heard Sam moan, "Oh God, please don't." She pleaded. Jack got up and walked over to her. Perching on the edge of the bed he whispered, "Captain Carter?"

She continued to wriggle and moan.

"Captain?" He said. Still no answer. "Sam, wake up it's just a dream."

She sat bolt upright but didn't seem to notice Jack's presence. Her breathing was unsteady. Jack placed a comforting hand on her shoulder. She jumped back as if hit by lightning. Climbing off of the bed and into the corner she crouched into a small ball. She began to rock backwards and forwards crying.

"Stay away from me!" She screamed.

"Sam, it's me Jack. It's okay." He inched closer and she looked up at him with a tear stained face.

"Jack?" She whispered.

"Yeah, it's me." He said sitting next to her but keeping his distance, "I know that you refused to talk to a Doctor but I think you should talk to someone that you trust."

Her sobs subsided and she raised her head slightly, "Can I trust you?"

"Of course you can but I don't want you to think that I pressured you into this."

"If you don't want to hear it, just say so." She snapped.

"I do. I want to know."

Daniel had been awoken by Sam's pleas. He knew that Jack would go to her but when he could still hear her sobs half an hour later he went to investigate. He checked her room but she was not there. It didn't look like she had ever been in there. He checked Jack's room and found the door closed but unlocked. He opened it silently and saw Sam and Jack huddled in the corner. Jack looked up and acknowledged Daniel's presence. Jack nodded and Daniel took that to mean that Sam was okay. As he turned and closed the door he saw Jack's lips gently touch the top of Sam's head as he shushed her back to calm.

Daniel returned to his room and fell asleep quickly knowing that Sam had reached out to someone.

Jack awoke and wondered where he was. He was lying on his back with something lying on him. It was Sam, sleeping peacefully. Her head was on his shoulder and one hand rested on his bare chest. One of his hands rested on her robe covered shoulder while the other covered her hand. His leg was starting to go numb as her leg lay over him, but he dared not move. She had had such a hard time recently and she needed rest and reassurance. She stirred and sat up, prodding him in the chest as she did.

"Ouch," he exclaimed as his ribs felt the pain.

"Sorry, sir," she said sleepily as she sat up.

"That's okay, I needed a wake up call," he joked trying to get a smile out of her. She smiled as she moved to sit on the bed. He sat up and leaned against the wall. "Are you feeling a bit better?"

"A little, sir," she said starring at her hands. She cleared her throat, "I, um, I want to apologise for my behaviour last night."

"What do you mean?"

"I breached the boundary of Colonel and Captain. I shouldn't have loaded my problems onto you. That's not your job."

"Sam," he said moving closer to her. He could see her tense but she didn't move away, "You needed someone to talk to and I offered. You don't need to apologise."

"It was unprofessional of me." She said rising to her feet. Jack stood as well.

"We were talking as Sam and Jack, not Colonel and Captain."

"There's no difference."

"Yes there is!" He said trying to keep his voice level. "Captain Carter was trained to deal with certain situations but that doesn't mean she doesn't feel pain. You were, still are, suffering and you needed a friend. I was that friend and I still am. Even as Colonel O'Neill I'm your friend and I will always be here if you need to talk."

She looked at him suspicously for a while scanning his voice and actions for sarcasm. When she found none she nodded.

"Now let's get dressed before someone wonders what's been going on."

"You had to spoil it didn't you?"

"Spoil what?"

Sam looked at him, realising she had said it out loud, "Spoil your caring and unsarcastic moment."

"Why do you like that side of me?" He asked moving towards the bathroom.

"I could get used to it." She walked out.

He watched her leave, a smile on his face, "Maybe you'll get the chance to." He whispered to the empty room.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Elise Hudson