Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Dreams

by Elise Hudson
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Folie a Deux Pt. 2

Folie a Deux Pt. 2

by Dizzy

Title: Folie a Deux Pt. 2
Author: Dizzy
Email: vampae@hotmail.com
Category: Action/Adventure, Drama, Hurt/Comfort, Romance, Series
Season: Season 4
Pairing: Daniel/Sam
Rating: G
Warnings: none
Summary: Daniel and Sam find themselves in a nightmare situation, away from any comfort. Folie a Deux- nightmare shared by two. Part 2
Sequel to: Folie a Deux
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).

Jack couldn't believe it. Here they were again. Maybe it was slightly different this time. So Daniel and Sam were both out. That just left him and Teal'c to find a cure.

Hammond was in his office as Doctor Frasier walked in.

"General, we have to let Teal'c and Colonel O'Neill back to the planet."

Hammond sighed and looked at the petit doctor in front of him.

"Doctor I can't risk their lives just for the sake of Major Carter and Doctor Jackson. I wish I could"

"Well if you don't then I have nothing I can do for Dr Jackson or Major Carter. We'll just have to see if they come out of this on their own."

And she turned and left. Hammond didn't know what to do for a moment, and then decided. He picked up the phone.

"Get Colonel O'Neill and Teal'c up here, now"

"Sam I don't think we're going to find anything" Daniel picked his way over another tree trunk. He was hot and angry. Sam, with her military training had gone on ahead, and although Daniel had been with them for four years now, he was lagging behind again.

"Sam, just stop," he told her, and to emphasis his point, he sat on a fallen tree. She stopped a couple of metres away and looked back at him.

"Daniel what is it?" she moved back towards him and he held up his hand to stop her.

"I just need a break, that's all" she nodded and sat next to him anyway.

"Daniel, something's bothering you. What is it? You haven't been yourself for a while now. I'm worried"

Daniel shook his head, trying to put her off this topic of conversation. He knew where it was going.

How could he explain to her that he felt useless? That the cultures they were meeting now were more up to her standard. That they didn't need him again the Goua'ld.

He hadn't made any discoveries in months. More and more, the SGC was becoming a military operation completely. Protecting earth from the Goua'ld, not making the discoveries that they should be.

He looked up, out of his train of thought to see her still looking at him waiting for an answer.

"I've been thinking about leaving the SGC," he told her. There, he thought to himself, said it. But as soon as the words left his mouth he regretted it. The instant look of hurt on her face that she quickly dispelled was enough for him to realise that he shouldn't have said anything. Daniel just assumed that it was because now speculation would rise that she loved the Colonel.

Leaving. How could he? After all they had been through. Sam opened her mouth to say something and then closed it again. What could she say? What could she say that would change his mind. I love you? That wouldn't change his mind, and now he would just see it as a way to keep him there.

She watched him brush his hair back. She smiled to herself. Daniel had never got used to having his hair that short. It almost irritated him that he couldn't brush his hands through it like he used to. Then she shook herself. That wasn't important. The fact that Daniel wanted to leave was.

"Lets keep moving" was all she could think of saying. Daniel got up without a word and started walking again. But as he did, the scenery changed. Into something that they both had prayed they would never see again. Ever. "Lets keep moving" was all she could think of saying. Daniel got up without a word and started walking again. But as he did, the scenery changed. Into something that they both had prayed they would never see again. Ever.

All around them were the cries of pain and suffering. Bodies lay where they had been thrown. Daniel and Sam picked their way through the bodies. He stopped to help one woman, and Sam grabbed his arm, pulling him along again.

"I could have helped her!" he said, angrily. He was just a little frustrated by now, of Sam's attitude that they couldn't help anyone. He just wanted to be left alone.

"Daniel, we have to find out what is affecting us. Think for a moment. Have you ever seen time and places around us change like that before?"

Daniel thought for a moment and then shook his head. He didn't want to think about it. He just wanted this to be over. Permanently.

"Exactly." Sam ignored the look on his face, not because she didn't care. That was obvious to her. That she did, a lot. "Daniel, something is bothering you, but can you put it behind you so we can get out of here. Alive?"

Daniel jumped at her almost harsh words, but realised that she was right. If they got out of here, he would quit anyway, so he had to put his mind to that.

"Okay. Lets get out of here" Sam nodded and started to look around. At least she didn't have to worry about her dad this time. Netu wasn't exactly the place you'd want anyone you loved. Which was exactly why she wanted to get Daniel out of there, fast.

Daniel moved towards what seemed to be an exit and then jumped back as a gate shut across it. "Okay...that's not good" he muttered, almost to himself. He turned and saw the same thing happen to Sam. Now both exits were covered and they seemed to be in a smaller cell. And it was getting even smaller by the minute.

"Sam... can you see the walls moving at all?"

Sam concentrated on one of the walls and saw that it was indeed moving closer to them. "Yep. They're moving!" she called and went up, rattling one of the gates. It refused to move. They were trapped.

Jack O'Neill was desperate now. More desperate than he had ever felt before.

The locals from the planet had been unable to help him. When he mentioned how quickly they had become ill some has stepped back, as thought they could catch it from him. For a technically enhanced society, they were very afraid of what Jack was describing. Which made him wonder why.

He turned to speak to Teal'c and found the Jaffa with a face of annoyed confusion. For a Jaffa, that was a lot of emotion in one go.

"Teal'c?" he asked. All he had to do was say his name and the Jaffa responded. But it wasn't what Jack wanted to hear.

"The local population appear to know nothing about our situation, O'Neill" Teal'c informed him. Jack thought hard for a moment. Why did it have to be Daniel and Carter? Why had only they been infected?

"Okay Teal'c. We have to retrace our steps from the moment we arrived on this damn planet to the moment we left and the others got ill"

Teal'c nodded and they began.

"Sam we have to do something!!" Daniel yelled at Sam. Sam looked back at him, confused. Usually he had the ideas, but lately he had been quieter and letting the others do everything for him. It wasn't the Daniel she had know for years, but that could wait until they were out of this situation and back on the base. Then she would get it out of him.

"Daniel, just think positive for a moment. I can figure this out" she told him, hoping she was right.

Daniel sighed and thought positive. At least he could do that about something still. He thought positive; we will get out. We will get out alive. At least so I can tell Sam I love her. We will get out.

Suddenly the walls stopped moving. Sam looked over at Daniel, who still had his eyes closed and was mouthing something. She walked over and put a hand on his shoulder, making him jump.

"They've stopped" was all she said.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Dizzy