Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Thoughts: Point Of View - Jack

by Elise Hudson
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Thoughts: Point of View - Jack

Thoughts: Point Of View - Jack

by Elise Hudson

TITLE: Thoughts: Point Of View - Jack
AUTHOR: Elise Hudson
EMAIL: elisemarie@cwcom.net
CATEGORY: Sam and Jack
SPOILERS: Point Of View
SEASON / SEQUEL: Season 3; Part of the Thoughts series
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS:
SUMMARY: JAck's thoughts
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES:

Colonel Jack O'Neill

I leave the room, Sam's the only one in there now. I've just come back from the alternate reality and I've just kissed Sam, well not my Sam. I don't really know why I did it and I don't know why I did it with my Sam

watching. All I do know is that the past few days have got me so confused.

First I find out that this alternate Sam was married to the alternate me. That in itself was weird. She was mourning for her husband and I was the only one she thought could comfort her. So I did. It'd been uncomfortable - I'm not good at sorting out my own feelings let alone trying to help someone else with their's. Then I became almost protective of her. I sat in the lab with them for a while. I told myself that it was to stop any of their arguments, but really it was because I didn't want to let her out of my sight for too long.

Then there was everything that happened in the other reality. It started with Kawalsky's little talk to me. My only excuse as to why Sam and I had never had anything was because it was against regulations. I didn't even say that because I don't exactly always follow regulations. He'd continued talking and I'd angrily told him to shut up. I didn't need him telling me what I already knew. I didn't need him reminding me what a fool I am and always will be.

And then there was the realisation that the two Sams' are quite different. Not only the hair and rank thing, but also the alternate Sam freely displays emotion. When Hammond was brought back from the dead she ran over to him and kissed him on the cheek. Is that what my Sam would be like if she didn't have the military eye continually watching her?

Then we're back to the question of: why did I kiss her? And I still don't know. Call it part comfort, part mistaken identity, part want, part whatever you want but I did it and there's no taking it back.

Through all of the confusion one thing did become clear. I don't want Sam, my Sam, to ever be hurt the way the other Sam was. I also don't want my Sam to go as quickly as the other Sam had been abandoned. I don't want my Sam to die, or leave, or whatever, without knowing how I feel for her.

I stop in my tracks and turn back to the room I just left. I have to tell her.

I have to. I turn and...

She's stood right in front of me. It's now or never.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Elise Hudson