Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Lipstick

by El Terranell
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Lipstick

Lipstick

by El Terranell

TITLE: Lipstick
AUTHOR: El Terranell
EMAIL: terranell@hotmail.com
CATEGORY: Missing Scene/Epilogue, a little fic set after Window Of Opportunity, POV, Romance
PAIRING: Sam/Jack
SPOILERS: Window Of Opportunity
SEASON / SEQUEL: 4
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS: none
SUMMARY: Um just a little post episode thing. Carter isn't dumb and guesses something happened during the time loops (other than fruit loop eating and Latin learning)
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. YADDA YADDA.
Everyone knows all this by now so i won't bore you with it. Suffice it to say they aren't mine they belong to other people who provide them for our entertainment.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: Okay i've never written a stargate fanfic, i.e. this is my first, so it's nice and short. It annoys me sometimes when people write something which the characters we are provided with (Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c etc.)would never say or do so i tried to remain faithful to the characters.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Oh *waves* Hi! to Ray-the very (very very)strange person who got me hooked on reading fanfic, but as far as i know has never written anything herself. Please write something Rachel!!!
Lol
xxx

Carter sat in her lab, her computer open and running in front of her. She was staring at it but she wasn't seeing. Sam was thinking about Colonel O'Neill. About his behaviour the past day or so. She remembered earlier in the day, when they were sitting in the briefing room waiting for the briefing to begin. A briefing to try and figure out how to stop the time loops. He was opposite her, resting his face in his hand. There had been a self-satisfied happy smile on his face and he was staring at her. She looked at him and saw the twinkle in his eye.

"What are you smiling at?"

He just smiled more and seemed to shrug, "Nothing".

She had given a smile of her own and then General Hammond walked in and the briefing began.

Then her mind fast-forwarded to the planet when they were trying to stop the loop. To Jack, Jack? The colonel talking to Malachi, to that one short, yelled outburst, "I lost my son!" A pause and then calmer and sadder "I know what it's like." She knew how much he didn't like talking about his son, Charlie's death.

Her mind moved forward in her memories again. Watching Jack eat oatmeal. The three of them, Jack Sam and Daniel in the commissary.

Then Daniel asked him, obviously digging "Let me ask you something. In all the time you were...'looping' were you ever tempted to do something crazy? I mean er... you could do anything without worrying about consequences."

Sam noticed Daniel stressed the 'no consequences' and had a...well a mischievous smile on his face. Jack didn't answer straight away but his eyes did, just a glint of something?

"It's funny, you've asked me that before."

"And?"

He kept eye contact with Daniel for less than half a second and then slipped his eyes to Sam's face, an almost undetectable smile on his lips. Daniel turned and looked at Sam and she turned to him a questioning look on her face and then she turned back to Jack whose eyes had never left her. Sam smiled quizzically at Jack, Jack just looked at her, never losing eye contact. Jack was staring at Sam. With deep brown eyes. He was staring at her. He smiled and took a bite of oatmeal with a strange twinkle in his eye.

Sam shook herself remembering. He had defiantly been looking at her, but he refused to tell any of the things he had done in the time loop. And Daniel! Daniel had looked from Jack to her and back. He had looked at Jack and appeared to be happy with his 'I won't tell' attitude. Normally he would have pestered him till he got mad or told. But he didn't he just got up said, "See ya Sam, Jack." And walked out.

Sam was curious; she felt that whatever had happened had something to do with her. No thinking back to the smiles and Daniel, she didn't feel, she knew.

Sam turned off her computer and stood up. She was going to ask.

"Ma'am." An airman greeted her as she walked down the grey corridor. She nodded and smiled.

"Hey. Do you know where Colonel O'Neill is?"

"I believe he's in his office."

"Thanks." The airman smiled as she walked away.

She knocked on his door, which was open. She could see him sitting with his feet on his desk and his hands behind his head.

"Sam, come in." She smiled, he had called her Sam and had been polite, not that he wasn't always, but this was different. Something had defiantly happened.

"Hey sir. Um I...since when have you had a potter's wheel in here?"

He smiled, obviously glad she had noticed, "Oh I just had a coupla airmen bring it in."

She looked at his relaxed frame, "I didn't even know you knew how to use one."

"I didn't, but I had a bit of time on my hands." She grinned at his obvious joke, then her nervousness crept back as she remembered what she had come to ask. Now that she was here she wasn't as sure about asking him as she had been back in her lab.

"Carter, much as I love idle chit chat, I'm guessing you came down here for something."

"Yes sir, I was going to ask you what you did in the time loops. When Daniel asked you a.... a strange look came over your face. And then Daniel left with out an answer."

"Ah. Major Samantha Carter, the intrepid scientist, always on the search for answers."

"That isn't an answer."

"Okay. Lets just say some things have previously been brought out into the air, to see the sun, or not as we are under a mountain. Which means I have a secret that isn't so secret, but if I told you what I did in the loops, then I would have no secrets. So I ain't gonna tell."

Sam hesitated, then "Okay." She turned to leave when he called out, "Carter" She turned to face him and he just smiled at her, a smile that was on his lips and in his dark eyes.

"Nice lipstick."

Still smiling, she maintained eye contact for a few seconds, standing there as if frozen, and then she turned and walked out. She understood. She knew.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to El Terranell