Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Wish...granted!

by DustDevil
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Wish...granted!

Wish...granted!

by DustDevil

TITLE: Wish...granted!
AUTHOR: DustDevil
EMAIL: dustdevil@btinternet.com
CATEGORY: Sam and Jack, humor
SPOILERS:
SEASON / SEQUEL:
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS: A little suggestive
SUMMARY: Sam makes a Christmas wish, and gets it!
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES:

This is so boring.

I wish...

Sigh...what the hell am I spending Christmas Eve in the SGC for? Because you don't have a life remember? Oh yeah...maybe that should be my New Year's resolution. Samantha Carter, this year you will get a life...you will! Right. Just like that. No problem. Yeah. So...I'm still here in the SGC. It' s the scientists Christmas party.

Every year I promise myself I'm not going to go, and every year I end up promising someone I will. It's not that I don't like these people, it's just that I don't spend a lot of time socialising with them. I'd rather be out with the boys. Why did they have to make the party on Christmas Eve? They normally have it at least a week before, leaving me plenty of time to go out drinking with the other SG teams. This base has too many parties. First of we have the big main party, but it's sort of formal. Dress uniforms for the boys, and dresses for us girls. It was fun though, and I even got to dance with Colonel O'Neill, so it wasn't that bad. And let's just not even think about his lean, supple body pressed against me, his warm hand holding mine, his soft breath against my cheek, that gentle laugh in my ear, the almost intangible brush of his lips against my skin as he leans close to gossip about SG-7, that devilish promising wink he gave me when he took me back to my seat...sigh...Yeah...so. Okay...then there are the separate section parties...like this one. It's not fair though, the cultural and linguistic staff don't do this, this pick a museum in the country and go to it, and they did it almost two weeks ago!

I wish...

Sigh. And THEN there is the rather informal but most enjoyable party where all the SG teams go out on the town and...well...get well and truly drunk. And that...is where all my friends are tonight. And I am here. It's so not fair. Why did they have to reschedule the team party? Just because SG-9 got back a little late from the last mission of the year and needed a little extra time to recover. And I could hardly not come to THIS party because I wanted to go to the OTHER one. People would have been hurt. So I'm here, in a lab, albeit a lab decorated with tinsel, sipping a martini, and trying to look interested in the unfortunately non-seasonal work-related conversation between Dr Callum and Dr Woosey. And Janet isn't even here. She's taken Cassie to her Mum's for Christmas Eve.

Help me.

"But Sam, can't you leave sort of early and come join us?" Danny had said when I broke the news to them yesterday.

"Aw Danny she can't, it's a pub crawl remember? We don't know where we'll be and when" Well thanks for the encouragement Colonel. I wish he'd been a bit more disappointed. Instead he gives me a wide grin, slaps me on the back, tells me I'll enjoy myself talking technobabble, and strolls off with Danny. Thanks very much. He knows just how much I was looking forward to this lab party. Not at all. I'd rather be there with him...er...them. We have so much fun at these parties, and the Colonel and I always end up involved in some tricky mistletoe situations, that someone always interrupts. And THIS year...this year it was going to be different. Was being the operative word. This year I was gonna grab him and kiss him and consequences be damned! Especially since last year when we were sprung out of that broom cupboard in someone's house we ended up at, when we had almost, almost kissed. Another minute or two...well...a couple of hours would have been nice...That's the downside of hide and seek I guess...people do keep trying to find you...And so we trooped out of the cupboard and along the hall, and just as we were about to follow our captor into the lounge, the Colonel grabbed my arm, leaned his lips into my ear and said "Next year Captain..." And I intended to make it happen.

"And so this new equipment should really make a difference...don't you think Doctor Carter?"

Uh-oh.

"Umm...yes...I believe it will Doctor Callum"

I wish...

And so the hours passed.

I glanced at my watch to find it was 23:00. I wonder what state the others are in by now? Well...just as long as the Colonel isn't flirting with anyone else tonight. Luckily we don't hold with that kiss-at-midnight tradition at Christmas as well as New Year , as the teams are mostly male, so at least he doesn't have any excuse for kissing anyone else. Well he better not...

Oh look. It's Christmas cake time back at crappy-party-ville. A giant cake shaped like a cathode ray oscilloscope. Fantastic. Don't get me wrong, I love being a theoretical astrophysicist...just not at Christmas. And so the cake is cut and slices passed all around. Aw look...I got a bit with a part of the sine wave on it...apparently I'm lucky. I get extra icing. Well whoopeedoo. I shouldn't complain though...really I shouldn't. I'll get to see the others tomorrow when Danny, Teal'c and the Colonel and I meet up for drinks in the afternoon. Then I'll have to sit quietly while they nurse headaches and tell stories of their fantastic night.

I wish...

Sigh...Mind you...at least this cake is good. Then Doctor Raeburn calls for silence.

"Okay everyone, make a Christmas wish with your slice of cake!"

I close my eyes for a brief second, and make my wish...Damn! I had meant to wish the wish I'd been thinking of all night, that of wishing myself out of here and at the other party, but at the very last second a different thought entered my mind. Great. Nice though that particular scenario would be, it is probably the most unlikely situation that could ever happen. I'll just have to settle for seeing the Colonel in tight jeans tomorrow...

23:20

That's it...I'm out of here. Making my feeble headache excuses, I leave and head for home. To watch late night TV and think about that wish I made...I should be so incredibly lucky...

Oh it's cold.

Where the hell am I?

God my head...How much have I drank tonight? I shouldn't have started that drinking contest with Teal'c. Why the hell did I do that? That was the stupidest, most idiotic thing I have ever...done...Okay...Maybe not the stupidest.

I'm naked.

Naked apart from a strategically placed piece of mistletoe. And it's freezing. Okay, so I shouldn't have LOST that drinking competition with Teal 'c and the others, or maybe I just shouldn't have suggested a forfeit for the loser. I shouldn't have gone out with that lunatic lot. Normally Teal'c, Danny and Carter keep me out of trouble, but tonight there were a few problems with my usual plans. Number one, Danny was rendered unconscious rather quicker than usual. That would be those double vodka's I was slipping him at my house before we left. Number two, Teal'c got rather friendly with that Lieutenant Peters...Rachel or something I think her name is, and ignored me the rest of the night. And number three, Carter wasn't here at all. How could she abandon me like this? She KNOWS the trouble I get into by myself, I usually rely or her to stop me making a damn fool of myself on these nights out. Well she's not here, and I made a fool of myself. Fantastic.

So where the hell am I? I'll freeze to death if I don't get home. I vaguely remember being pushed out a car containing Makepeace and some of his cronies, and them laughing and driving off. I should stop drinking. Either that or find some real faithful friends who will look after me. And Carter...Sam, wasn't even here for me to kiss under the mistletoe. And this year there was a HUGE sprig of it and no-one looking. What a damn terrible waste. It's unlike her, she's normally right by my side when I need her. Mind you, I'm glad that was a huge sprig considering I'm currently wearing it covering my nether regions. Well I hope Sam's living it up at that party of hers while I quite literally freeze my butt off out here in the biting cold wind.

Where am I? Wait a minute...this area looks familiar...I think I know this street.

Oh.

Ah hell, there's no way I'm walking home from here, I'm just going to have to swallow my pride. I look up, and seeing that a certain set of lights is on, I take a deep breath, wrap my arms around myself, and start up the familiar path to the apartment block to my left.

Well...that night was just how I expected. A terrible waste. I even drove past a couple of our local bars on the way home in case I happened to run into the party I should have been with, but there was no sight of them. They could be anywhere I guess, so I gave up and came home. Mind you, this isn't so bad. I'm curled up nice and warm with bare feet on my sofa, holding a nice glass of wine. The tree lights are on, my candles are lit, and the TV is blaring out some old sentimental movie.

My eyes drift from the movie eventually, and I start thinking of my Christmas wish. Or even just a Christmas kiss. I really thought this year I' d get to.

I guess there's always next year.

I'm surprised then as my doorbell goes several times in quick succession. Puzzled, I get up and move to the door, for some reason I don't even check to see who it is, I just open it, and then my jaw drops to the floor. Whether in surprise or plain old lust I have no idea. Standing there, hopping from foot to cold foot, and sporting only a sprig of mistletoe as not-very-concealing clothing, and a rather embarrassed expression, is my Colonel.

"Uh...hi Sam...look...I know this looks dodgy, and I can't really explain it...but it's freezing out here, ya gotta let me in!"

So what do I do? I let him in of course! And seconds later, as I advance on a now grinning Colonel with a large fluffy towel, I thank whoever was listening for granting my wish.

If I'd known someone would hear me wish for Colonel O'Neill turning up at my door buck naked apart from a suggestive placing of mistletoe I would have added a Jacuzzi into the bargain! Oh well...a girl can't have everything...can she?

Here's to NEXT year!

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to DustDevil