Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Overbearing

by Dragonland
[Reviews - 0]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Overbearing

Overbearing

by Dragonland

Category: Romance
Season: Season 3
Pairing: Jack/Sam
Rating: 13+
Warnings: minor language, none
Archived on: 12/23/05

Title: Unspoken Conversation
Author: Dragonland
Email: dragon_land1079@yahoo.com
Rating: PG
Summary: This is what the unspoken conversation should have been between Sam and Jack before he's... frozen.
Classifications: None
Spoilers: Season 7
Archive: SJD, fanfiction.net and heliopolis
Disclaimer: These characters don't belong to me and either does the show, which is okay because I couldn't afford it anyway. But I get to play with them for free.
ALSO: I `yoinked' the lines from the show off some website. The script or website does not belong to me.
Unspoken Conversation By Dragonland
CARTER Hi, Sir.
O'NEILL Carter?
CARTER Did I wake you?
O'NEILL Sorta.
CARTER I couldn't sleep at all last night.
O'NEILL Shoulda called.
CARTER I didn't want to bother you, I...
O'NEILL Um...I was just looking at the sky. Trying to figure out how many stars we'd actually been to.
CARTER Actually... only a few of the stars visible from Earth have Stargates on them, so...
O'NEILL I knew that. Hammond send you by, check up on me?
CARTER No. It's funny really, I, um, I was out driving... you know, in my car, and I, um, I drove here. Yeah.
O'NEILL Funny.
CARTER Yeah.
O'NEILL There's coffee around here. Maybe not. Do you want a beer?
CARTER Sure, why not.
O'NEILL Wanna glass? I can wash one.
CARTER No, I'm fine, thank you Sir. So, do you ever talk to her?
O'NEILL Can we not talk about that?
CARTER Sorry. How you feeling?
O'NEILL Can we not talk about that either?
CARTER Okay. What do you want to talk about? You want to be alone. This was a bad...I should go.
O'NEILL Finish your beer. And then you have to wait at least an hour before you drive.
CARTER Sir...
O'NEILL What?
CARTER I should have done it.
O'NEILL What? Stick your head in that thing? Are you nuts? Carter, you're one of this country's natural resources, if not national treasures. It couldn't have gone down any other way.
O'NEILL I just...hope it's worth it.
CARTER Even if we do find the Lost City, even if we get there and find exactly what we're looking for to defend the planet--
O'NEILL That...would be worth it.
(This is where the story starts)
"No, Sir," she said.
"Excuse me?" he replied
"Sir."
"I know."
"Know what?" she asked.
He nodded in her direction and reached for another drink.
"Please. Let me say it," she pleaded.
"What difference does it make? I'll lose control of my faculties and be worthless to you anyway."
Her chest tightened, feeling like the wind was knocked out of her. She didn't want to cry. She had to be strong for him, no matter how bad it hurt. She squeezed her eyes closed and drew a shaky breath.
"I don't want to lose you," she whispered.
"Major," his voice warned.
"Well," she sighed, "At lease you know your feelings weren't one-sided. I was stupid not to take whatever was offered to me in that damned room. People think I'm smart? If I had any brains, I would've taken you then."
"You made the right choice."
"Did I? Really?"
He sighed and put his drink down. "Yes. You deserve a man who is still full of life. Someone who will worship you and give you everything."
"Only you."
"What?" he questioned.
"I've always dreamed that you would love me the way I imagined you would. Behind your cold, painted on, carved out warrior faade, you are compassionate. You are loving. You are..."
"Sam..."
"If you don't want me, just say so."
"You know it's not that. Sam, like I said before..."
"I don't care if you think you know what's best for me. If I have to spend the rest of my life showing you how much I care, I will."
"It may not for long," he responded back with light sarcasm.
"I'll take whatever time is given to me. I love you."
"Are you sure?"
She laughed at his skepticism. "If I didn't, I wouldn't be here."
"So, we're okay?"
"Yeah."
"Sam?"
"Hmm?"
"I love you, too."

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Dragonland