Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Girl: Part 4

by Dreamer
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Girl: Part 4

Girl: Part 4

by Dreamer

TITLE: Girl: Part 4
AUTHOR: Dreamer
EMAIL: dreamer_fic@excite.com
CATEGORY: None
PAIRING: Daniel/other
SPOILERS: various
SEASON / SEQUEL: 4; Part 4 in The Girl Series
RATING: G
CONTENT WARNINGS: none
SUMMARY: The truth is discovered about the Girl.
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: Thanks for all the feedback. Sorry for the delay in this part. Part 5 will be done shortly.

"WHAT?"

Janet grimaced, "I'm sorry, I don't know what to say."

"So AJ could be classed as Jack and Sam's daughter?" Daniel asked.

"Daniel," Jack warned, glaring at his friend.

"Have you told AJ?" Sam asked, ignoring the feeling it gave her after Daniel said 'Jack and Sam's daughter'.

"Not yet," Janet said, "I thought we could ask her what she remembered."

"Agreed," Hammond said, "Dr Jackson. Talk to AJ and ask her what she knows."

"Yes Sir," he answered.

"Dismissed."

"How you feeling?" Daniel asked.

"Sore."

"That's to be expected."

"Of course."

"Are you always so serious?" Daniel asked.

"No," AJ answered with a smile, "Most of the time you will find that I am serious. I think it's because I could never settle down and get to know people."

"Well I hope you can settle here."

"It is occurring much faster than usual."

"Stop that," Daniel said, "You sound like Teal'c."

"I apologise."

Daniel smiled, "AJ, tell me about you're childhood."

"There is not much to tell. Most of my time has been spent running."

"Before that though. When did you go to Alakin?"

"When I was a baby."

"How did you recognise me?"

"I do not know."

"Do you purposefully do that?" Daniel asked.

"Do what?"

"That," Daniel said, "Cut yourself off. Not tell much."

"Yes," AJ said, looking at her hands.

"Why?"

"Because I do not have the answers that you require."

"Dr Frasier just told us that you have the same DNA as Major Carter and Colonel O'Neill."

"That is not possible. I was not carried by Major Carter."

"Yeah, I know."

"Have no concern for me Daniel," AJ replied, "I will leave this world and return to another."

"You can't do that. I won't let you."

"You cannot stop me."

"She doesn't know anything," Daniel said, slouching in his chair.

"I have no idea what could be happening Sir," Sam said as Janet rushed into the room.

"Dr Frasier? Is something wrong?"

"Sir, AJ had an idea about the DNA thing."

"What?"

"She said that maybe she is from an alternate universe. One that is ahead in time."

"That might explain it. And she's not being affected by the cascade failure because she doesn't exist here," Sam said.

"Well, how do we find out for sure?"

"We can't."

"What about the naquadah?" Jack asked.

"What?"

"Well, whose blood type does she have?"

"Major Carter's Sir."

"OK then, our Major Carter has naquadah in her blood right, from Jolinar?" At Janet's nod he continued, "Well, maybe the other Carter didn't have naquadah in her blood. Therefore it wouldn't show."

"Yessir, you're right, I'll check it now," Janet said, running from the room.

"Good idea Colonel. Let's go to the infirmary."

"Well?" Sam asked.

"She doesn't have naquadah. But she does have something else. We'll have to ask AJ. But at least we know that AJ is from an Alternate Universe."

"Well done people," Hammond said, "Find out what this other thing Doctor. Then report to me."

"Yes Sir."

Hammond left the room.

"I'll ask her," Daniel said.

"Not now. She's asleep. In the morning."

The next morning Daniel made his way to the infirmary.

"She awake Doc?" He asked Janet upon his arrival.

"Yeah, go on in Daniel."

Daniel opened the door, "Morning."

"Yes it is."

"Actually it's a greeting."

"Of that I am aware."

"OK," Daniel gave up, "AJ, I need to talk to you about something."

"What?"

"Janet found out that you are from an alternate universe. But you have something in you're blood."

"Yes, I know."

"What is it?" He asked.

"It is hard to explain."

"Try."

"It would be easier to show you," AJ said.

"What do you mean?"

"Hold out your hands," AJ told him, "Palms up."

Daniel did what she told him, "What now?"

"Close your eyes. Free your mind of all thoughts."

Daniel relaxed and AJ placed her own hands on his, "Allow me to enter your mind and all thoughts. Give me your permission."

"You have my permission," Daniel whispered. AJ closed her eyes. Time stood still for what seemed to be hours but was just minutes. Then, suddenly Daniel pulled back with a gasp.

"Oh wow," He breathed. He had seen all of AJ's thoughts and memories. AJ in turn had seen all of Daniel's.

"Do you understand?"

"The thing in your blood allows you to do that?"

"Yes."

"So what did you find out Dr Jackson?" Hammond asked.

"Quite a bit sir. If you were wondering if AJ is trustworthy, she is."

"How do you know?" Sam asked.

"I saw everything. The stuff in her blood is called mashic. It allows her to perform a ritual with other that transfers her memories with the other person."

"And she performed this ritual with you?" Teal'c asked.

"Yes. It was amazing."

"I have talked to the president," Hammond told them, "He has said that AJ can stay on Earth if she wishes."

"Sir," Daniel said, "AJ won't stay unless she has complete freedom. She hates to be locked up in one place. She's roamed for most of her life. If you gave her the choice she'd go."

"You don't know that for sure Daniel," Jack said.

"Yes I do. When she was on a planet called Rentona she had a relationship. It didn't work out but there was one little consequence."

"She got pregnant," Sam said.

"Exactly. She has a 2 year old daughter."

"She told you?"

"No, I saw it."

"I believe the Renton would be good allies with your planet Daniel," AJ said.

"Yeah, Jack and Sam are going with you."

"Why are you not?"

"I can't."

"You won't," AJ stated, "When I did the procedure I learned of your feelings towards me. Just as you learned of mine for you. I do not understand why you will not come with me. Just for this time."

"It's too hard for me AJ. Goodbye," He kissed her cheek and left the gate room.

To Be Continued. Feedback is always welcome.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Dreamer