Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

P1X969-2

by Dr Kate
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
P1X969-2

P1X969-2

by Dr. Kate

TITLE: P1X969-2
AUTHOR: Dr. Kate
EMAIL: keldred@telstra.easymail.com.au
CATEGORY: Sam and Jack romance
SPOILERS: "P1X969" (Moi own story), "1969"
SEASON / SEQUEL: Sequel to my story, "P1X969"
RATING: Um, PG13, I think
CONTENT WARNINGS: None
SUMMARY: Sam and Jack haven't really got over what they did on P1X969, when a little complication occurs, which forces them to get it together...
ARCHIVE: "Heliopolis", everybody else ask.
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters belong to MGM, Gekko Corp and Double Secret Productions. This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment (my own) and no money was made from it. Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: This probably won't make sense unless you've read "P1X969", so be warned... This ain't as funny as the last one, as it's more about the consequences, and they are pretty serious for all involved... And it's seriously romantic. I'm such a sap for romance. Blame it on teenage hormones.

Samantha Carter woke up.

Her first thought was, 'I feel sick.' Her second was, 'So? What's new?'

Sam got up out of bed. She quickly made her way to the toilet, and threw up.

She finally finished retching and walked weakly to the sink. She splashed her face with cold water, and then removed a box from the shelf above. She opened it, and read the instructions. "Right. Blue if positive. Easy." Sam really didn't want to be doing this.

She set the test up and then cleaned the toilet. Anything to kill some time. She checked to see if it was ready yet. It wasn't. She threw up some more.

She cleaned up, and then had a shower. She dressed and dried her hair. She checked it again. Still not ready. Maybe it was defective.

She re-read the instructions. Oh. She had left it in the solution too long. The test was ruined. Sam debated another trip to the store, before giving in and deciding to see Janet.

Even though she was on leave, Sam drove up to the mountain.

Jack, Teal'c and Daniel were exercising in the gym.

Well, rather, Jack and Teal'c were exercising, and Daniel was reading. He looked up from his book. "That is truly amazing, Jack."

Jack stopped pummeling the boxing bag. "What is?"

Daniel flashed him a quick grin. "How you can mindlessly beat the crap out of a boxing bag. What has it ever done to you?"

Jack stared at him. "What?"

"The bag. What has it done to you?" Daniel turned a page. "Or maybe it's not the bag you're punching."

"Ok. You've lost me." Jack was puzzled. What was his friend getting at?

"I've noticed you and Sam recently. A lot of tension between you two. Doesn't look like you've worked things out."

"What? What things?" Jacks voice had a slight edge to it.

"Oh, nothing. Just P1X969."

Jack sighed. "Look, Daniel, there is nothing to sort out. We both know that. We were drugged. We weren't thinking straight. End of story." He went back to punching the bag.

Teal'c put down the weights he had been lifting. "I have noticed it too. There is definitely some tension between you and Captain Carter."

Jack turned around. "Well, thank you for noticing! God, can't a guy have any privacy around here?"

Daniel raised his eyebrows. "Teal'c, I think we hit a nerve there."

"Hit a nerve?" Jack spluttered. "Jesus!" He stormed out.

Daniel shook his head. "Do you think he will ever admit it?"

"Admit what, Daniel Jackson?"

"Admit that he loves her."

Jack stormed down the hallway. "Hit a nerve..." Whatever. He turned the corner and ran straight into Sam.

Both of them sprang back, as if burned. "Captain! I- I thought you were on leave."

Sam looked at the ground, the walls- anything but Jack. "I am, Colonel. I, uh, came in to see Janet."

"Oh, ah, well..." Jack stammered, "Um, she's probably in the medical bay."

Sam nodded. "Yes, Sir, um... that's where I was going."

"Oh, well, on your way then."

"Yes, Sir," Sam replied, eager to get away. She went to move around him, but he moved too, and she was blocked again. Jack stepped to the side, and Sam walked on.

Jack stood there. Something told him that something was up. He turned, and stared at Sam. He stared at the way she walked. He realized he was staring, remembered that he was meant to be storming away, and disappeared in the other direction.

Sam sat down. "I need your help."

"My help?" Janet closed the doors to the medical bay, making sure that she and Sam were alone. "What's up?"

"I think I'm pregnant."

Janet looked at her. "Are you late?"

"Yeah. And I'm experiencing morning sickness."

Janet sat down in front of her. "How long?"

"About six weeks. My last period was just before P1X969."

"Which would make it Jack's."

"Yeah." Sam gave a small smile. "Well, either it's his, or it's an Immaculate Conception."

"That would be interesting." Janet stood up. "Have you done a test?"

"No. I was going to, this morning, but I stuffed it up. I guess I was nervous."

Janet nodded. "Ok. Well, I'd guess we'd better get that out of the way first. Then you'll have to decide what you're going to do."

Sam looked at her. "Oh, I'm having the baby. I always wanted to be a mother, I just didn't..."

"I meant, what are you going to do about Jack?"

Sam closed her eyes, and spoke in a small voice. "I don't know. I really don't know."

Jack sat in his office. To an outsider, it would look like he was doing paperwork, but Daniel knew better. "You wanna talk about it?"

Jack looked up. "Yeah. I suppose I should- ya know, in the interest of my mental health."

Daniel sat on the other side of the desk. "You love her, don't you?"

"I guess I do. You did shut the door, didn't you?"

Daniel checked. "Yep."

"Good. I don't want the whole base to know."

Daniel looked at his friend. "When are you going to tell her?"

Jack got out of his seat. He walked over to the back of the room, and picked up a leather jacket. He turned back to Daniel. "I got this in 1969. I like it. Good leather. Soft." He put it back down. "That's what Sam was like. In 1969. Soft. Pretty. Ya know, I think I always took her for granted. Like, she was just another one of the guys. But out of uniform... she was feminine. I think that's when I realized, realized that my feelings for her were... different."

"That you loved her."

"Yeah. But... On P1X969, it was the drug, to a certain extent. I mean, I would never have... it's against regulations, for a start. But I really meant it. Even now I dream..." Jack broke off. He frowned. "How do I know that she meant it? How do I know if she feels the same?"

"You ask him, Sam. It's not hard."

Sam shook her head. "I can't just ask him! I mean..."

Janet looked her in the eyes. "You have to, Sam. There is a third person involved now. Your baby."

"You mean..."

"Yes. The test confirms it. You're pregnant."

Sam took a deep breath. "I guess I really do have to tell him, then."

Jack looked at Daniel. "It's so awkward. I saw Sam today. I didn't know what to say. It was just so... awkward!"

"Sam was here? I thought she was on leave?"

"Yeah, she had to see Janet, or something. I don't know. Was too uncomfortable to ask."

Suddenly there was a knock at the door. "Jack... Colonel, Sir? It's me. Sam. Can I come in?"

Daniel looked at him questionably. "Shall I let her in?"

"Yeah."

Daniel got out of his seat and opened the door. "Hi, Sam."
"Daniel- sorry, am I interrupting?"

Daniel shook his head. "Nope. I was just going anyway." He walked through the door, and turned back to Jack. "Tell her," he mouthed. He then walked off.

Sam walked in and shut the door. She looked at Jack nervously. "Hi."

"Hi."

"We need to talk. I- I need to tell you something."

Jack walked over to her. "So do I- need to tell you something." He took a deep breath.

"I-" They both said simultaneously. Jack smiled. "You first."

"No, no. You first."

Jack laughed. "How clich is this?"

Sam smiled. "Very. Go on."

Jack looked at her. "Sam... I haven't been entirely truthful with you. On P1X969... I..." he looked down. "I felt something. I feel something, for you. I..."

Sam put her hands on the sides of his face. She gently made him look at her. "What?"

"I love you, Samantha."

He nervously looked for her reaction. She was smiling from ear to ear, which he took as a good sign. "Oh, Jack!" She kissed him tenderly.

He pulled back. "What were you going to tell me?"

"That I love you too. And that I..."

"What? Tell me."

"I'm pregnant."

Jack sat down. "What?"

"I'm pregnant, Jack. We're pregnant." This wasn't the reaction Sam had been hoping for.

Jack looked at her. "We're pregnant? Since when?"

Sam moved closer to him. "Since P1X969."

"Well, obviously. I mean, how long have you known?"

"I've had suspicions for about two weeks. I only just found out for sure today."

"What's why you were seeing Janet. Oh..."

"This isn't good?" Sam asked in a small voice.

"No! No..." He took her hand. "No. I just didn't expect it." He pulled her in close, and put his hand on her abdomen. "I'm going to be a father again..." He looked up at her in wonder.

Sam smiled. "Daddy. It fits you." She kissed him.

He kissed her back. They kissed each other slowly, passionately, learning more about each other in a single kiss than they could in a million conversations. They would have kissed forever, except a knock on the door interrupted them. They broke apart slowly.

"Yes?" Jack stood up.

"Ah, Sam, Jack? It's me, Daniel." He opened the door hesitantly. "I'm sorry to interrupt, but General Hammond has called a meeting. He was going to call you in from home, Sam, so it's probably pretty important. I told him you were here." He stood back.

Jack nodded. "We'll be right there."

General Hammond looked at them. "SG7 was due back six hours ago. This was the last we saw of them." He turned on the video projector. Footage of SG7 played, showing a group of men in front of the gate. One of them was frantically dialing. The rest were looking pretty scared. Then one of them fell to the ground, shaking. The rest followed. The screen went blank.

"We sent through SG2 and SG4 to find them, and bring them back. They couldn't find a trace." Hammond cleared his throat. "We want you guys to go through, see if you can't find something they couldn't, and to bring them back if you can. Alive."

Hammond sat down. "Any questions?"

Janet cleared her throat. "Ah, yes, Sir. I don't think Captain Carter should participate in this mission. I, ah..."

"Don't think she's recovered from P1X969." Jack finished.

Janet silently thanked him. "Yes, the Colonel's right."

Hammond frowned. "What do you mean? I was under the impression..."

"Well, so was I, Sir," Sam said. "I..."

"No!" Jack and Janet said simultaneously.

Sam looked at Janet. "What?" she mouthed.

"Not in your condition!" she mouthed back.

"What is going on?" the General demanded.

Daniel looked at Jack. He was sitting next to Sam, and had absentmindedly put his hand on her stomach, like he was protecting something. Daniel hid a smile. This was all too perfect. He stood up. "Congratulations, Sam, Jack."

Sam stood up. She realized he knew. "How do you..?"

Hammond looked at Sam, Jack, Daniel, Janet, and finally Teal'c. "Do you know what's going on?"

Daniel looked at him. "Why, General. It's really very simple. Sam's pregnant, and Jack's the father."

Suddenly a siren sounded. "Incoming traveler." Hammond stood up. "I want a full explanation of this, soon. In the meanwhile..." He walked out of the room.

They followed him to the control room. "Who is it?"

"It's SG7's signal, Sir," the technician replied.

"Well, open the iris. But keep the guards there."

The iris opened, and SG7 tumbled through, a little worse for wear. Janet hit a button. "Medical staff to the gate room." She hurried out.

Hammond looked at Jack. I want to see you and Captain Carter in my office as soon as possible." He turned to Daniel. " And get that smirk off your face, Jackson!" He turned and left.

Jack looked at Daniel, whose facial expression hadn't changed a bit. "You heard the man!" He left, Sam following closely behind.

Daniel turned to Teal'c. "What did I do?"

Hammond sat across from Sam and Jack. "SG7 will be ok. They don't remember what happened, though." He looked at them. "Now, to other matters... Am I to understand, Captain Carter, that you are pregnant? And that Colonel O'Neill is the father?"

Sam took a deep breath. "Yes, Sir."

Hammond looked at her, and then at Jack. He noticed that Jack was holding her hand. Well finally. "I take it that this is a good turn of events?"

Jack looked him right in the eyes. "Yes, Sir. I love Sam. She loves me."

Hammond smiled. "Good. That's all that matter's, isn't it?"

Sam blinked. "You mean, this is ok? It's against regulations..."

"The President has given me the authority to... disregard regulations, if needs be. This is most definitely ok." He stood up, and offered Jack his hand. "Congratulations are in order."

Jack shook it. "Yes. Yes they are."

The End.

Dr. Kate, 1999

Hehe. Is a trilogy in order?

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Dr.Kate