Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

P1X969-1

by Dr Kate
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
P1X969

P1X969

by Dr. Kate

TITLE: P1X969
AUTHOR: Dr. Kate
EMAIL: keldred@telstra.easymail.com.au
CATEGORY: Sam and Jack romance
SPOILERS: None...
RATING: Um, PG13, I think
CONTENT WARNINGS: None
SUMMARY: Sam, Jack, and Daniel go on a mission to P1X969. (Teal'c is on down-time) They mysteriously end up stoned and some interesting things happen. Warning: This is meant to be funny...
ARCHIVE: "Heliopolis", everybody else ask first.
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters belong to MGM, Gekko Corp and Double Secret Productions. This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment (my own) and no money was made from it. Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: This is my first Stargate fanfic (although I write X-Files stuff all the time), so please no flames. Also, according to some fanfic I've read, Sam is a Major. According to the episodes being shown in Australia at the moment, she is a Captain. I've made her a Captain, and if that isn't right anymore... ah, who cares? *G*

Samantha Carter woke up.

Her first thought was, 'Where am I?' Her second was, 'Who cares?'

She felt warm and peaceful and complete. Her thoughts were hazy, like she was stoned. She knew this, deep down, and a tiny part of her was screaming at her to shake off whatever it was and wake up, but yet... 'Why?' she thought. 'Why bother?'

She looked beside her. A man was lying next to her. She recognized him. Colonel O'Neill. Jack. The team leader. The tiny part of her shrieked that this was wrong, that she shouldn't be lying in bed naked with him. She shrugged that off also. Again, who cares?

She sat up, and he stirred. He opened his eyes and looked up at her, momentarily confused. He looked like he was going to say something, but then stopped. He smiled up at her. "Sam..."

Sam silenced him with a kiss. "Shut up, Sir..."

Daniel woke up. He was in a smoke filled teepee. The smoke trailed up through the hole in the top. He sat up. He had no idea where he was, but oddly, he didn't care. He felt a hand on his shoulder, and looked up. An old man was standing next to him. "Daniel? You are awake. One thought you would sleep forever..."

"No..." Daniel stared at him. His mind was fuzzy. "You are..."

"Marknae. You don't remember. We talked before. When you arrived."

"No, I don't. I'm sorry." Daniel looked at the old man. He was wearing a ceremonial robe and an eagle headdress. He was holding an intricately carved staff. "You are a... Shaman, aren't you?"

"Yes. One is the shaman of all the tribe. You and your friends came through the water-portal to learn our ways. Come." He held out his hand. "One will teach you."

Teal'c knocked on General Hammond's door. "May I come in, Sir?"

"Come in," replied the General. Teal'c opened the door and stepped in. The General motioned for him to sit down. "How are you enjoying your rest, Teal'c?"

"Fine Sir. But I am here on another matter. SG1 are late. They were due back two hours ago."

General Hammond sighed. "Daniel Jackson has probably found something, and Colonel O'Neill's just decided to humor him. You know how those two are. There's most likely no reason to worry."

Teal'c considered this. "If that was the case, Sir, wouldn't one of them contact us?"

Hammond frowned. "True. Captain Carter would have contacted us at least. Would you like to take SG2 through to find out?"

Teal'c was about to reply when a technician burst in. "General, Sir- There's some unusual activity happening on P1X969."

Hammond rose. "What do you mean?"

"Sir, you may want to see this yourself."

Hammond and Teal'c started off for the control room.

Hammond stared at the computer screen. It showed footage being transmitted by the video camera they had sent through with SG1. It showed a campsite; a group of Teepee's circled around a fire. The sun was going down and a group of people was dancing.

"Is this right in front of the Gate?" Hammond asked.

"No, Sir," the technician replied.

Suddenly one of the dancers broke away. She skipped closer. It was Captain Carter. She waved at the camera. "Hi, guys!"

Hammond looked at the technician. "The camera has sound now?"

"Yes, Sir. Captain Carter was working on it before they left."

"That's right! I can hear you and you can hear me! Cool, huh?" Sam smiled. "Ain't this place great? No worries... just fun!"

Hammond frowned. This wasn't the Captain he knew. "Are you alright, Captain?"

"Alright? Hell yes, Sir!" Sam attempted a salute. She failed dismally, which made her giggle. It turned into a shriek, as Colonel O'Neill snuck up behind and grabbed her around the waist. He then turned her around and kissed her passionately.

"What the hell... Teal'c, you'd better get Dr Fraiser..." Hammond stared at the screen. This was definitely NOT the Colonel he knew. Something was wrong.

Jack turned to the camera. "Hey, Sam, you got that sound thingy working! Good job! I wonder if I can promote you..." He winked at the camera. "Hey, Hammond! Great girl I've got here, huh?" Sam giggled again.

"Just you two stay there, ok?" Hammond told them. "We're going to come and get you outta there."

Jack smiled. "Whatever. Come on, Sam. I feel like dancing again!"

The two of them skipped off, hand in hand, laughing.

Dr. Janet Fraiser pressed pause. She gestured to the screen. "Can we zoom in on this?"

The technician nodded. "Yes. What part?"

"I want to get a closer look at Captain Carter's eyes, if possible."

The technician zoomed in. "That ok?"

Janet frowned. "Yep." She turned to the General. "Sir, it's as I suspected. Captain Carter's pupils are dilated. From that, and their... erratic behavior, I'd say that they are under the influence of a stimulant."

"A what?"

"They're stoned, Sir. Probably a stimulant. Maybe an aphrodisiac, it would explain the... lowering of O'Neill's and Carter's inhibitions."

General Hammond took all this in. "And Jackson?"

"Well, Sir, he's probably under the influence as well, but as he isn't on the footage..."

"...We have know way of knowing." Hammond turned to Teal'c. "I want you and SG2 ready to recover SG1 in one hour."

Teal'c nodded. "Yes, Sir-"

Janet interrupted. "Sir, we have no way of knowing how SG1 got into that condition. The drug could be airborne; it could be in the water... You can't just send more people into a potentially hazardous situation without learning about the risks. I-"

"We don't have the time, Dr. If we put the team in Haz-Mat suits, and tell them to be as fast as possible, in and out, do you think our people will be safe?"

Janet thought. "Probably."

Hammond stood tall. "That's it then. Dr. Fraiser, could you ready the medical bay for SG1? Teal'c, get your men ready."

"Yes Sir," they replied simultaneously.

"Alright, you're dismissed." Hammond watched them go. "What am I going to tell the President?"

Hammond's plan ran as it was supposed to and Jack, Sam and Daniel were all in the medical bay by the next morning. Janet watched over them expectantly. "The problem, Sir, was keeping them in their beds. Colonel O'Neill and Captain Carter kept running off so they could make out in the supply closet, and Daniel wanted to 'Run free with the birds.' In the end we had to restrain them. They're just coming down now."

Hammond watched as Jack stirred. He was muttering. "What is he saying?"

Janet cleared her throat. "Ah, I believe he is dreaming about Captain Carter, Sir."

Jack's mutterings grew audible. "Sam? Oh, Sam... Wanna dance again, Sam?" He continued on for awhile, his dream becoming more and more embarrassing for the General and Janet. Finally Hammond said, "Call me when their completely back to normal, will you?"

Janet smiled. "That could be some time, Sir."

"Yes, well, uh..." Hammond left the room.

Janet watched him go. "Well, leave then, Sir. You don't have to listen to him..."

Sam opened her eyes. The bright light of the medical bay nearly blinded her, and she decided to shut them again.

Then a thought came to her with a start. Jack. Where was Jack? She attempted to get up, but she couldn't. She was restrained. Why? Then she remembered: the camp, her wild behavior... "Oh my God..."

Janet heard Sam's words and walked over. "Hey, you back yet?"

Sam blinked. "Me and Jack. We... Oh my God..."

Janet raised her eyebrows. "Hmm, you remember, huh? That was some drug you guys were on."

Sam frowned. "Drug?"

"Yeah. We think it was in the campfire smoke. Pretty powerful. We had to forcefully separate you two." Janet started to undo the restraints. "I don't think you need these now. How do you feel?"

"Nauseous. I mean, Jack?"

"So you don't have feelings for him?" Janet teased.

Sam stared at her. "No!... Yes... I mean," Sam stared wildly around the room. "Jack?" Her voice grew wistful. "Jack..."

"What?" demanded a groggy Jack.

Sam sat upright, her eyes wide. "Oh my God..."

Jack's eyes opened at the sound of Sam's voice. He remembered... he echoed Sam's sentiments. "Oh, my, God!"

Sam stood up and looked at him in horror. "Colonel... I... We..." She ran out of the room.

Jack attempted to get up, but he couldn't, as his restraints were still on. "Hey, Doc, could you, like, undo these or something? Cause I think this is the part where I'm meant to run after her."

Sam raced down the hallway. She wanted to find a place to hide. Anywhere would do. Her brow creased as she thought, 'I wonder if the To'kra will let me hide with them..."

She rounded a corner. She decided she could head for the elevators, go up, and get the hell out of the dammed mountain. Maybe go hide in the woods. There she would think good and hard about what she really wanted in life. And possibly die of embarrassment.

Jack ran after her. He had to talk with her, get it all straightened out. Then they could go back to being Colonel and Captain; teammates, friends.

It had just been the drug, right? It was not as if either of them actually had feelings for each other. Jack mentally cursed. Why did this have to get so hard?

Sam could hear him following her. She ran faster. She was nearly there; she could see the elevators... And General Hammond getting out of them. "Shit!"

Sam decided to change tactics. She slowed down. She walked (abet faster than normal) over to Hammond. "Good afternoon, Sir," she saluted.

Hammond stared at her. "Are you, ok now, Captain?"

Sam blinked. "Ah, yes, Sir. Janet- Dr. Fraiser, said I just needed some... fresh air, Sir." She looked back in the direction she had come from.

Jack rounded the corner too fast, and slid. Sam saw him, and hit the button to open the elevator doors. "Ah, if you'd excuse me, Sir."

Jack saw the elevator doors open. "Sam, wait! We have to talk!"

Sam stepped into the elevator. Jack picked up speed. He reached the doors just as they were beginning to close. He stuck his foot in between them. "Good afternoon, Sir!" He did a half salute and then jumped into the elevator.

The doors closed with a thud. Hammond looked at them, and shook his head. "What am I going to tell the President?"

Daniel opened his eyes. He was in the medical bay, he could tell by the bright lights. He squinted.

Janet lent over him, undoing his restraints. "Your not going to run off on me, are you, Daniel?"

Daniel sat up. "No... no. What happened? Why do I suddenly feel like throwing up?"

"You were drugged, Daniel, whilst on P1X969. I don't think it was deliberate, it seems to be a part of their society. You guys just weren't ready for it, I suppose."

"So I was stoned. Hmm. The nausea would be a part of the withdrawal symptoms, then?"

"Yeah, I suspect so. Do you remember what happened while you were drugged?"

"Um, yeah. I met the tribe's Shaman. He seemed to want to teach me his secrets. I was pretty psyched at first, but then he wanted to tattoo me... I decided to just have fun like Sam and Jack..." Daniel's eyes widened. "Oh God... Sam and Jack." He looked around the room.

Janet smiled. "There're both ok... unless they've died of mutual embarrassment by now. Sam ran off, and Jack said something about finding her and talking it out."

"So they remember."

"They didn't have to. We have it on film. Security footage. From the supply closet. And the mission camera. I didn't know Jack could sing, let alone dance."

Just then Hammond and Teal'c walked in. "Good, Jackson, you're awake. How do you feel?" Hammond inquired.

"Fine, just nauseous."

"Good." Hammond turned to Janet. "Dr. Fraiser, did you tell Captain Carter to go up and get some fresh air?"

Janet blinked. "No Sir, although, it would probably do her some good."

Hammond nodded. "I see. So why did I just see Carter enter the elevator, closely followed by Colonel O'Neill? He was chasing after her. He wanted to 'talk'. Did you release them, Doctor?"

"Ah, yes, Sir. They are both no longer affected by the drug. Unfortunately, they both remember what they, ah, did whilst under the influence, and, ah..."

Daniel broke in. "They probably just want the chance to talk, General, I mean, so that they can become accustomed to their... actions, and put it all behind them."

Hammond looked at him. "So you think we should leave them to sort it all out?"

Jack stared at Sam from the other side of the elevator. "We need to sort this all out."

Sam looked at the floor. "Yes, Sir, we do."

Jack crossed to her, took her chin and gently made her look at him. "Sam, the name's Jack, ok?"

She nodded mutely.

"Now," he started, "This was just the drug, right? I mean, we didn't know what we were doing."

Sam smiled. Good. Denial. She could handle that. "Yes, Jack. We would never have done any of this if we weren't... "

"Stoned?"

"Exactly. Stoned. It wasn't us. It wasn't real."

Jack leaned closer. "So it's not likely to happen again."

Sam's heart started to beat faster. "No, not unless..."

"Unless what?" His lips moved closer to hers.

"Unless we wanted it to."

With that, Jack kissed her. She accepted him, her mouth opening. The kiss grew more passionate, until...

"Ding!"

The elevator stopped, and they broke apart. The elevator doors opened. Two men walked in (Oblivious to what had been going on) and pushed the button to close the doors. Jack held the doors open, and he and Sam exited.

They looked at each other for awhile. Finally, Sam said, "It wasn't us."

"It was the drug."

"We're just friends." She offered her hand.

Jack shook it vigorously. "Friends."

With that they both turned around, and walked off in different directions.

The End

Dr. Kate, © 1999

Ha. So what do ya think? (Hehe, I'm mentally working on the sequel already...)

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Dr.Kate