Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Beneath the Surface of My Heart

by Dizzy
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Beneath the Surface of my Heart

Beneath the Surface of my Heart

by Dizzy

TITLE: Beneath the Surface of my Heart
Author: Dizzy
Email: vampae@Hotmail.com
Category: Missing Scene/Epilogue, POV, Romance, Thoughts
Pairing: Daniel/Sam
Spoilers: Um...Beneath the Surface
Season: 4
Series: The Endings That Should Have Been
Rating: PG
Content Warnings: none
Status: Completed
Summary: After Beneath the Surface. Daniel saw Sam and Jack, as Thera and Jonah. But was it all as it appeared?
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
Author's notes: Well, what else do you expect from me? This can only be archived at Helio, Stargaters.html and the SDR. Thanks!!

I can remember so clearly. Jack...Jonah saying those words. "I remember having feelings for you". But all I wanted to say, "I don't have them for you"

It was strange. At the time, I had my head on his shoulder, thinking how comforting it was. And then he said that. That's when I knew that I didn't feel the same. I didn't have those feelings, I didn't remember them. Hell, after we got our memories back I didn't remember them.

But I remember some feelings. Actually a lot of feelings. But not towards Jonah/Jack. No. They were towards someone else.

As he had helped Brenna out of the room, I had seen the look in those big, blue eyes of his, and realised that he had seen what had happened between Jonah and I. I hadn't mean it to happen. But it had. Just like he had got to hear about the re-testing in the Zaytarc incident. Really, it was because Jack was a friend, someone I loved as a brother. It hadn't seemed that way to the others. And someone had told him.

"Its okay Sam, you don't have to explain it to me" he'd said, when she had confronted him. But as she had tried to explain he had got up and left.

"He's just hurting" Janet had told her.

That was easy for her to say. She didn't have to work with him, like she, Sam did.

That was it. It was time to confront him. I stood up, ready to leave my office after about half an hour of thinking, but as I moved towards the door, it opened.

"Sam, can I talk to you?"

Daniel.

"Sure come on in....i was just coming to see you..."

"Sam I have something to say to you. Please don't interrupt me, because this is important. I know Jack and you like each other, but I love you Sam. I always have, and probably always will. I wanted to keep quiet but I would hate myself for ever if I did, so I've come to tell you now" he took a quick breath. "I love you"

I just looked at him and then smiled. He obviously took it the wrong way and got up to leave.

"Daniel. I was coming to tell you the same thing"

He stopped and turned.

"You...you were?" I nodded at him and he almost ran over to me. I thought he would trip over and fall.

"But during the testing....on the planet....you were so close to Jack...I thought"

I shut him up quickly, kissing him gently on the lips. "You were saying?" I asked him

He blushed. "Nothing" and kissed me back.

Nothing to worry about. We may have been stuck beneath the surface. Daniel has always, and will always be beneath the surface of my heart.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback toDizzy