Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Folie a Deux

by Dizzy
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Folie a Deux

Folie a Deux

by Dizzy

Title: Folie a Deux
Author: Dizzy
Email: vampae@hotmail.com
Category: Action/Adventure, Drama, Hurt/Comfort, Romance, Series
Season: Season 4
Pairing: Daniel/Sam
Rating: G
Warnings: none
Summary: Daniel and Sam find themselves in a nightmare situation, away from any comfort. Folie a Deux- nightmare shared by two
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).

Folie a Deux

Author: Dizzy
Pairing: Daniel/Sam
Rating: PG-13
Disclaimer: Nope. They don't belong to me. I just have insane answers for everything. Please review? Or email me? Mails nice!! Authors note: Um...the above?

Part 1

"Well at least that mission is over...thank god" As usual, Colonel Jack O'Neill was happy that the mission was over. His 2IC, Major Samantha Carter, and Teal'c just looked at him, and Sam sighed.

Jack looked around and couldn't see Daniel with them, but as he stopped and looked around, properly, he could see him behind them, looking annoyed.

"Come on Daniel, this isn't a holiday camp!" he yelled and then carried on walking, shaking his head.

Daniel just threw a wave in their direction and smiled to himself thinking about the mission.
* This was more something for Sam** he thought to himself. The Meshka were a very advanced race, and there was barely any of their primitive side left. So, Daniel hadn't had to do much translation work there, or to be a diplomat and to be honest, he felt tired.

*They didn't need me today. When do they ever need me actually? Now we know who the enemy is, and Teal'c can translate for them. Teal'c understands most things now, and even Jack is starting to understand Sam, and doesn't need me to dull it down for him*

Daniel sighed. Lately he had been thinking about giving up SG-1. There was nothing really left for him to look for. The harsesis child was with Oma Desal, Sha'rui was dead. There was nothing really left for him on SG-1.

(At this point I would like to point out that this isn't the authors point of view at all. On the contrary. But it does for my plot so :P)

"Daniel" Sam's voice pushed him out of his thoughts, and he looked ahead and saw Jack and Teal'c already at the gate, waiting for them. "Are you alright?"

Daniel put on his usual fake smile and nodded. "I'm fine Sam, honestly. Lets get to the gate before Jack has a reason to shout at us"

He started to move away and waved his hand in front of his face, as a cloud of what seemed like dust went up around him. Sam shrugged and followed him through the cloud of dust, back to the Stargate. *Your lying to me, Daniel* she thought to herself. *Why are you lying to me*

It hurt her a lot when he lied to her for whatever reason, be it good or bad. She shook her head and followed him to where Jack was waiting.

"Finally." He started "I thought you were going to take all day. Will one of you two dial home?"

Jack knew how to dial the Stargate, but preferred it when someone else did. He or Sam would send through the GDO code and he felt all would be well. Besides. It was Daniel's job. It always had been.

Daniel just threw Jack a look and dialled them up home. Sam picked up her GDO, out of her pocket and dialled in the code as the wormhole opened. She was about to walk up to it when Jack stopped her.

"You've got something in your hair, Carter" he told her and picked out a couple of spores, throwing them on the ground. Sam was surprised. Usually, the messier she went back, the happier he was, because he thought she was getting in as one of the guys. She shrugged. It wasn't exactly important.

As they stepped back through the wormhole, something happened that made Sam jump. She heard a thud behind her and turned quickly, to see Daniel lying on the other end of the ramp.

"Daniel!" she called out, and went back to him. Jack turned as well and went back.

"Daniel?" she asked him this time. But he didn't move or say a word. She supported his head in her arms as Jack yelled for a medic. "Come on, Daniel" she murmured. "Not again. Don't do this again"

A sense of Deja vu washed over the group as the medics ran in to see to Daniel. How many times had this happened before? Too many, counted Jack.

The medics got Daniel onto a stretcher and carted him out. Sam saw his glasses on the floor and picked them up, pulling them towards her chest. Jack saw the movement and knew exactly then, what was going on.

"He'll be fine, he always is" he began and then stopped, Sam wavered in front of him.

"Carter?" Jack asked as she started to fall over. "Sam!" he called quickly and caught her as she started to fall.

"Teal'c" he called the Jaffa over. "Take her to the infirmary. Janet is going to have a field day here!"

Confused. That's how Daniel felt. He remembered just coming through the wormhole and out into the SGC and then nothing. Except what was in front of him. And it wasn't the infirmary.

"Jack? Sam?" he called out. "Teal'c?"

He took his glasses off and rubbed his eyes, placing them back on the end of his nose. The darkness still surrounded him.

"Anyone?" he called out and then decided to walk around a bit. It was starting to get lighter and he could see more.

"Ow!" he yelled as he walked into something thorny. "Well, this defiantly isn't the SGC. I don't remember there being thorn bushes in the SGC"

He found a tree and leant against it. There was something familiar about this place, but it wasn't. Most planets they had been to looked like this, so Daniel just ignored that feeling.

"Okay. I have no idea where I am. And I can't find the others. Oh boy"

He stood up straight again and moved forward. It was much lighter by this time and he could see a fair way ahead. There were plenty of trees there and a few more thorn bushes. He saw, what seemed to be a clearing up ahead and headed there.

He grimaced as he trod on a thorn bush, and the taller branches scrapped his leg. There were going to be lots more scratches for Doc. Frasier to treat when he got back this time.

He made it to the clearing, and what he saw there, made him stop dead. Asleep against a rock was Sam, her blonde hair masking her face. She didn't seem to be injured, that Daniel could see from the short distance between them, but he wasn't taking any chances.

Part 2

"What do you mean you can't wake them up!" Colonel O'Neill yelled across the conference room. Janet winced, as did Hammond at his angered tone.

"They seem to be in a deep state of sleep, almost like a coma"

Jack visably recoiled at the word 'coma'. He had come to despise that word, especially when it was mentioned, concerning Daniel.

"A coma, Doctor, what do you mean by that?" Hammond took over, seeing that Jack was in shock.

"I mean, General, that I can't wake them up. Their vitals are stable, and there doesn't actually seem to be any injuries. Its just like they're in a deep sleep"

Hammond thought for a moment and then looked at Jack, and the silent Jaffa.

"Do you remember eating or drinking anything on that planet that tasted at all strange?"

Jack shook his head. "We made contact with them. Then we started to come back. Daniel was lagging behind a bit, but he just seemed to be lost in thought"

Jack didn't know why he had added that Daniel had been lagging behind, but he had a feeling that it was important.

Janet shook her head. "Sir's, unless there is anything else, I would like to get back to monitoring my patients."

Hammond nodded and she left. He looked over at Jack and Teal'c. As Jack opened his mouth to speak, Hammond shook his head.

"There is no way I can let you go back to that planet until Dr. Jackson or Major Carter wake up. We don't know that it's safe."

Jack closed his mouth. Damn, the general was getting good.

"Then permission to go and see that their okay at the moment"

"Permission granted. Dismissed" Hammond watched them leave and then left himself.

"Sam? Sam, wake up" Daniel shook her gently and she rolled over and stretched, then jumping to her feet quickly.

"Daniel!" she said, quickly. She didn't want him to know that for a moment she had been scared. Very scared.

"Sam, thank god your okay" Daniel felt funny saying god now especially after all they had been through.

"Yeah...I'm okay. Where are we?"

Daniel grinned like a child. "I have no idea"

Sam wondered for a moment why Daniel was grinning and then decided that it was probably because he was pleased to see her. She was pleased to see him.

"Where are Colonel O'Neill and Teal'c?" she asked suddenly, realising that they weren't there.

"I have no idea" Daniel replied. "I woke up a few metres from you, and no one there"

"But I remember coming through the Stargate, you collapsed, then I felt faint, Colonel O'Neill caught me then I was here."

She saw Daniel bristle at the mention of Jack catching her, but let it go.

"Okay. So we both collapsed. Now what?"

"Now we go look around" Sam said and started to walk towards the forest again. Daniel watched her for a moment, thinking about Jack catching her and then shook his head and followed her.

Jack couldn't believe it. Here they were again. Maybe it was slightly different this time. So Daniel and Sam were both out. That just left him and Teal'c to find a cure.

Hammond was in his office as Doctor Frasier walked in.

"General, we have to let Teal'c and Colonel O'Neill back to the planet."

Hammond sighed and looked at the petit doctor in front of him.

"Doctor I can't risk their lives just for the sake of Major Carter and Doctor Jackson. I wish I could"

"Well if you don't then I have nothing I can do for Dr Jackson or Major Carter. We'll just have to see if they come out of this on their own."

And she turned and left. Hammond didn't know what to do for a moment, and then decided. He picked up the phone.

"Get Colonel O'Neill and Teal'c up here, now"

"Sam I don't think we're going to find anything" Daniel picked his way over another tree trunk. He was hot and angry. Sam, with her military training had gone on ahead, and although Daniel had been with them for four years now, he was lagging behind again.

"Sam, just stop," he told her, and to emphasis his point, he sat on a fallen tree. She stopped a couple of metres away and looked back at him.

"Daniel what is it?" she moved back towards him and he held up his hand to stop her.

"I just need a break, that's all" she nodded and sat next to him anyway.

"Daniel, something's bothering you. What is it? You haven't been yourself for a while now. I'm worried"

Daniel shook his head, trying to put her off this topic of conversation. He knew where it was going.

How could he explain to her that he felt useless? That the cultures they were meeting now were more up to her standard. That they didn't need him again the Goua'ld. He hadn't made any discoveries in months. More and more, the SGC was becoming a military operation completely. Protecting earth from the Goua'ld, not making the discoveries that they should be.

He looked up, out of his train of thought to see her still looking at him waiting for an answer.

"I've been thinking about leaving the SGC," he told her. There, he thought to himself, said it. But as soon as the words left his mouth he regretted it. The instant look of hurt on her face that she quickly dispelled was enough for him to realise that he shouldn't have said anything. Daniel just assumed that it was because now speculation would rise that she loved the Colonel.

Leaving. How could he? After all they had been through. Sam opened her mouth to say something and then closed it again. What could she say? What could she say that would change his mind. I love you? That wouldn't change his mind, and now he would just see it as a way to keep him there.

She watched him brush his hair back. She smiled to herself. Daniel had never got used to having his hair that short. It almost irritated him that he couldn't brush his hands through it like he used to. Then she shook herself. That wasn't important. The fact that Daniel wanted to leave was.

"Lets keep moving" was all she could think of saying. Daniel got up without a word and started walking again. But as he did, the scenery changed. Into something that they both had prayed they would never see again. Ever.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Dizzy