Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

My Immortal

by Dizzy
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
My Immortal

My Immortal

by Dizzy

Summary: Set to song of the same name by evanescence. Its during the six season. I know its only short, but there is a point to it!!
Category: Angst, Drabble, Missing Scene/Epilogue, Thoughts
Episode Related: 521 Meridian
Season: Season 5
Pairing: Daniel/Sam
Rating: PG
Warnings: character death
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 07/28/03

_'I'm so tired of being here
suppressed by all of my childish fears
and if you have to leave
I wish that you would just leave
because your presence still lingers here and it won't leave me alone'_

It wasn't a real grave. It was just a place where Sam could stand with her memories. Just a place where she could talk to the sky without feeling stupid. She looked at the flower in her hand and sighed.

"Hello Daniel" she said quietly. "I've come to talk to you again. I'm sorry it's been so long, but we had to go on a mission. Jonas is getting on okay now. But Teal'c.... he's fighting for his life in the infirmary at the moment. I was there, but then I felt I had to come to talk to you. So here I am"

She gave a little shrug and sat down, staring at the small plaque that Jack and Teal'c had made. All it read was 'Daniel Jackson, Anthropologist, Archaeologist and Friend'

"Can you really hear me up there Daniel? I hope you can...I really hope you can". Her pager went off and she read the note, sighing. "I'm sorry, Daniel. It's Teal'c. I have to go to him. You understand....?"

Knowing she wouldn't get an answer, Sam got up and left.

_'These wounds won't seem to heal
this pain is just too real
there's just too much that time cannot erase

when you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears when you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears and I've held your hand through all of these years but you still have all of me'_

Several months had passed before she had chance to go back. Now the grass had grown partly over the stone, obscuring the word friend. She didn't bother to sit this time.

"I can't stay long this time. We've got a mission in about an hour and I thought I would come and say hello. We've got to go and help Concious, the Tok'ra. It doesn't look good, but still, im sure we can do it.....I had better go"

His memorial didn't capture her mind as much as it used to, but the worry belayed the guilt.

_you used to captivate me
by your resonating light
but now I'm bound by the life you left behind your face it haunts my once pleasant dreams your voice it chased away all the sanity in me

these wounds won't seem to heal
this pain is just too real
there's just too much that time cannot erase_

By the time Sam got around to visiting again, she couldn't find the stone for about half an hour. Then she saw it, as a breeze blew the grass aside. She sat down next to it and stared, reading the words again, her eyes lingering on the word friend.

"Daniel.....I know your okay now. I've seen you. But why didn't you visit me? You visited the Colonel, you visited Teal'c. Why didn't I get a visit. Jonas, I can understand not getting one, he didn't know you like i did, why not me?"

She got back up and paced. "Dammit Daniel, after so long, all I get is the brush off? Is that all im worth? After all we went through is that all I am worth now, the brush off. Well thank you, Thanks a lot Daniel"

She stared at the stone, a tear slowly making its way down her cheek. "After all we'd been through.....Now your gone again. We don't know where you are.....please come home Daniel. All is forgiven."

The same breeze that had moved the grass away, slowly brushed it back again the stone, hiding it from view again. Sam turned away and made her way down to the base again.

_when you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears when you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears and I've held your hand through all of these years but you still have all of me

I've tried so hard to tell myself that you're gone and though you're still with me
I've been alone all along_

Daniel touched her cheek as she stared at the stone, catching the tear on his finger. As she made her way back down, he stood and watched her till she disappeared and then looked at the single drop on his finger. He dropped it on his own stone and then disappeared himself to the punishment Oma had set for him.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Dizzy