Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Disappearance I

by Dena
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Disappearance

Disappearance

by Dena

Title : Disappearance
Author: Dena
E-mail: natalieverrydt@hotmail.com
Status: Part no 1 (follow-up in progress)
Category: Sam/Jack romance, angst
Spoilers: none
Sequel/Season info: no particular season
Rating: PG
Content warnings: none
Summary: Sam and Jack end up stranded on an alien planet with a lot of problems on their hands. Will they be strongs enough, emotionally and physically, to be able to finish their journey?
Disclaimer: Stargate Sg-1 and its characters are the property of Stargate (II) Productions, Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. This story is for entertainment purposes only and no money exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author. This story may not be posted elsewhere without the consent of the author.

"Let's go campers!"

O'Neill and the rest of SG1 headed up the ramp towards the open Gate. Daniel and Major Carter were excited about this trip because the images of the MALP had shown some interesting things. When the Gate on P3X-509 spit them out, they were instantly welcomed by a cosy temperature. Daniel moved towards a little building, with some weird writings that the MALP had discovered, and Carter started to do some readings on the surroundings. O'Neill and Teal'c checked the perimeter. All were busy and didn't notice anything out of the ordinary, until a few minutes later.

"Sir?"

"Yes Major?" Seeing the strange look on Carter's face, Jack moved to where she was standing. "Major everything OK here?"

"Yeah, I just .... these readings just don't make any sense! According to this machine we are surrounded by an enormous electromagnetic field, but that can't be because if the field were here everything in a radius of a mile would be drown to it! So my guess is that something or someone is messing with my machinery."

"And this electrostuff..."

"Electromagnetic field!"

"Right that, ..., can it be dangerous?"

"I honestly don't know sir, maybe it's just something that develloped here naturally and than I don't see a problem but... ."

"If it's placed by certain inhabitants it 'might' be dangerous. Right?"

"Right."

"Well let's find out then." Looking in the direction of Daniel and Teal'c he motioned them to join them in their little quest.

SG1, with Colonel O'Neill and Major Carter ahead of the two others, slowly moved in the direction of the electromagnetic field when suddenly a very bright light surrounded the two military members of SG1.

Daniel and Teal'c, blinded by the bright light, stopped dead in their tracks. As soon as their eyes were adjusted to the light again, Daniel and Teal'c started looking around for the rest of the group.

"What the hell just happened here and where are Jack and Sam?", Daniel exclaimed.

"I have no idea Daniel Jackson."

Looking around for their friends again Daniel and Teal'c started calling out to them. No response, not even on radio.

After an hour of searching Teal'c thought it would be preferable to contact the General.

After a long discussion between Daniel and General Hammond, he ordered them home.

*Colonel O'Neill*

I could hear a distant voice call out for someone, but when I tried to open my eyes I couldn't. No mather how hard I tried, I couldn't open my eyes. Slowly a throbbing pain that I quickly identified as one killer of a headache, made it's way trough my system.

"Please sir, you have to open your eyes."

"I'm trying you idiot!" Sweet, at least I didn't lose my tongue.

After a few more attempts I actually managed to open them far enough to see where we ended up this time. I slowly moved my head in the direction of the voice and saw a very strange looking person staring at me.

"Whoa, ..., get away from me you ugly ...!"

"Thank god, you are awake!" The ugly creature interrupted me.

"Ya think ? Waking up with an ugly... person drooling all over me, is just making me pass out again."

The alien standing next to my bed ignored my outburst. It looked like a Klingon.

"You have to hurry sir! The others will be back in a few minutes and then they will perform more tests on you, and I don't want them to hurt you any more then they already have."

"Great, why do they always have to do medical tests on 'me' ? And where the hell are Carter, Daniel and Teal'c?"

"Sir please keep your voice low!"

"Who the hell are 'you' to tell 'me' what to do, ..., Klingon."

"Klingon? I am not familiar with that race of people."

"Oh for cryin' out loud, would you just stop being such an idiot and tell me where the rest of my people are?"

"The rest?"

"Yeah, a woman and two guys, one with glasses and the other is somewhat strange looking."

"There is only a woman here, there are no men present other than you."

"Sweet, now can you also tell me were Sam is perhaps?"

"Sam?"

"Yes, the 'lady' who was in my company?"

"Oh her, she is right over there." The guy indicated a bed on my other side. I slowly turned my head towards the other side but I couldn't see her. I got out of my own bed and walked over to the other side of the room. As I reached the bed I couldn't help but feel a sharp pain go straight trough my chest. She was lying unconscious on the bed, hooked up to some kind of a monitor checking her heartbeat. Her face looked as white as the walls surrounding her. Angrily I turned towards the man.

"What the hell did you do to her?"

"I, ..., I didn't do anything."

"Answer me dammit!"

"Please sir, you have to believe me, I don't want to hurt you. I'm risking my live here to save yours." He walked over to the other side of the bed and unplugged the monitor.

"Now do you wish to escape or not?"

"Of course, but I would ..."

"Patience my friend, I shall explain everything when we are out of here. Now pick her up."

Not wanting to argue with our 'good friend' here, I slid one hand under her waist and one under her legs and slowly lifted her off the bed. While doing so she let out a small murmur and then fell unconscious again.

Our companion pressed some buttons on a console in the wall and then joined us. Before I could say anything the same bright light from before surrounded us again.

*SGC*

"Incoming traveler, SG1's code Sir!"

"Open the iris Lieutenant."

"Yes sir!"

General Hammond took the mic and ordered Daniel and Teal'c directly to the conference room.

A few minutes later the three men were seated and started discussing the disappearence of Colonel O'Neill and Major Carter.

"Well can someone tell me what happened out there?"

As usual Daniel did the talking and he explained the Colonel and Majors disappearence very thoroughly, not wanting to leave out any details. When Daniel finished his speech General Hammond first looked at the two men sitting in front of him and then directed his attention solely to Teal'c.

"Do you have anything to add Teal'c? Maybe something Dr. Jackson missed?"

"I believe Dr. Jackson to have been very accurate in his explanation. I have nothing to add to this General Hammond."

"So what do we do now?" Daniel asked. "We are going back out there looking for them I suppose?"

"Of course we are Dr. Jackson, I'm not going to leave 2 of my finest people out there to die. Now SG3 and 7 will be joining you, as soon as they are geared up you have a go. Whatever you do, bring them back. Dismissed."

Oh boy, did he hate the fact that SG1 always ran into trouble. Why couldn't they have just 'one' mission without trouble. Only one, was that so much to ask for?

*Colonel O'Neill*

The next thing I knew, we were in some kind of draughty cave outside the building.

I slowly put Sam to the ground and wrapped the blankets closer around her because it was pretty cold in here.

"Care to explain now?"

"Yes my friend I shall explain everything now."

"Sweet!"

"I shall start with the beginning."

"Now there's an idea!"

"Will you just let me finish!"

"Yeah, sorry."

"My name is Incaro and I work at the facility for extraterrestrial life forms. For many generations now we have known that alien races use the Stone Circle as some sort of intergalactic travelling device. My great-great grandfather came up with the idea of studying the men and women who came trough the Stone Circle. At first many of the elder-council were against it, but after many debates my great-great-grandfather managed to show the importance of his study, so they granted the building of the facility. Just when they started with the construction of the building he passed away, but my great grandfather took up the project and proceeded as planned. He ran the facility with great competence and a lot of useful research was conducted. There was, however, one big problem. the Stone Circle was located 6 months travelling distance from our research facility, so many of the aliens were already dead when they arrived. Probably something in our atmosphere they couldn't stand. At that time my grandfather, who was about 20 years old, discovered the electrogenetic field near the Stone Circle and after a lot of research he figured out a way to use the electrogenetic field as a transportation devise. The only thing that bothered him was the fact that it only worked in one direction. He could get the aliens very quickly to his facility, but to get them back to the Stone Circle took months. As soon as Grandfathers transportation device was active, more and more aliens came to our facility alive. Most of the tests were non-violent and were just there to learn more about the cultures. Most of the aliens were released after interogation and they were at all times free to do what they wanted if they weren't considered violent or a treat to our nation. The eldercouncil took more and more interest in the facility and finally took over command from my grandfather, who had inhearited it a few years earlier. From then on the tests became more violent, as in torture for militay information etc ... . Whereas before everybody knew what happened to the aliens the government now kept every piece of information for themselves. The aliens weren't allowed to walk around free anymore, and most of them were put in holding cells for several days without food. Most of them didn't make it out alive. About three years ago I learned a few things about the facility, which should have been mine by now, and I decided to apply for a job in the facility. What I saw there was beyond any comprehension, it was just horrible. Ever since I arrived, I've been trying to save as many lives as possible. When you two arrived they were planning on torturing you but at the final moment they decided to do some medical tests first. I'm sorry I couldn't get to you before they conducted the tests. I have a friend who has a boat. He'll be here in the morning and he'll take you the Stone Circle. The voyage will be long but I have faith that you will make it."

"Long? How long?"

"About 6 months long." My heart sank as I looked at Sam's pale face and limp body.

"What? 6 months? Sam needs medical aide 'right now', 'not' in 6 months."

"She will be alright, they didn't do anything which causes permanent damage to her. She's just drugged, that's all."

"'That's all', that's already a little too much !" I was angry, but secretly releived to hear that.

"Look, don't be angry with me, I'm going to try everything to get you back home safe, OK?"

"Yeah, whatever! Look we had a lot of equipment with us, you didn't feel a sudden need to bring that did you?"

"I brought with me everything that was taken from you. But you won't be able to take everything with you. That'll be too dangerous."

"I see, well all we need is the watches, the weapons and the medkit, the rest is replacable. So what's the plan my friend ?"

"Tomorrow morning Quentin will come to the cave. He will knock a wooden stick five times against the wall. That will be your signal to go to the mouth of the cave. Whatever you do, make sure that nobody can see you. Stay in the shadows and cover your faces with a blanket. He will lead you to the boat and will accompany you through your voyage. He can be trusted 100%. He did this a few times before, so he knows all the adressess of friends where you will be able to rest a little. First you will follow the river for about 3 weeks, then you will arrive at the sea. There you will change boats. For the next 5 months you will continue your voyage over sea. When you've crossed the sea you will have horses, on which you will make the final stage of your voyage towards the Stone Circle, waiting for you in a stable. Quentin'll take care of all the expenses made on the way. All you have to do is keep a low profile and listen very carefully to Quentin. 'You' espacially have to take care of your new family."

"My new family?"

"Yes, I can't explain it right now, but you'll come to understand within a month or so."

"Great, riddles, I hate riddles!"

"Oh, one more thing before I go." Slowly rising to his feet he moved towards the wall and started tapping some buttons on a hidden console.

"Oh great, here it comes !"

Looking back at me for the last time before tapping the final button he quickly added :"Quentin is deaf."

"What? The guy's deaf, how do you expect us to communicate with this guy then?"

Before I could ask him some more questions the familiar bright light took him back to the facility.

"Great, this is just great, why don't you just leave us here to die ! Idiot, klingon, bloodsucking piece of shit !"

Through all my curses I didn't hear Carter regaining consciousness again. She was just staring at me now.

"Who are you talking to sir?"

"Oaah Carter, don't you ever do that again !"

"Sorry if I startled you."

"It's OK"

Slowly moving over to her I noticed little pearls of sweat on her forehead.

"Hey, how are you feeling?"

"Like a truck hit me !" Her voice was weak and bearely audible.

"Sorry, stupid question."

Taking a first good look at the cave, I noticed a cupboard filled with food and water and some blankets. I moved over to the cupboard, took out a bowl, a cloth and some water and moved back towards Carter. Before pouring the water in the bowl I gave her a few sips, which she eagerly accepted. I dipped the cloth in the cold water and put it on her forehead.

"Thank you" She whispered

"You're welcome."

"So are you going to answer my question now?"

"What question?"

"Who you were calling names at?"

"Oh him, well ..., his name was Inca ... something. Anyway he got us out of the facility and then dropped us here. According to him we will meet some deaf guy here tomorrow morning so I guess we will just have to hang out here until the guy decides to show up."

"What deaf guy ? Colonel what are you talking about?" At every word her voice went a tone up. By the time she reached the top of her lungs, she squeezed her eyes closed to make the pain that accompanied her speech go away.

"Carter?"

"Still here", came the weak reply.

"You shouldn't be talking, you have to save your strength for the next few months."

While taking the cloth from her forehead and dipping it in the bowl of water again, she slowly tried to sit up. I was just in time to catch her falling body.

"Why do you always have to be so stubborn? I told you just a minute ago you were to save your strength!"

"I'm sorry, I guess I thought I was fine."

"Which you are definitely not!"

"I have a question."

"Shoot!"

"Are you gonna keep me in your arms until I'm strong enough to keep myself upright or are you going to put me down and give me some water?"

I hadn't noticed that I was still holding on to her like dear life itself.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I ..."

"It's OK, thanks for catching me though, another bump on my head isn't exactly on top of my list right now."

I put her down as gently as I could but somewhere in the process my back gave in to her weight, which made me fall right on top of her.

"Sam, I'm so sorry, did I hurt you?"

"Nope!"

Still laying half on top of her, our faces just inches appart, I gazed right into those beautiful blue eyes. My mind was just screaming out to kiss her, but my common sense told me not to take advantage of her in her weak state, so I pulled myself upright, excusing myself once more. I continued my previous task and put a fresh cloth on her forehead to cool her fever down.

"Well are you going to explain to me what happened here?"

"Well I'll start from the beginning."

"Well there's an idea !"

"Hu, ..., you know, you spent way too much time with me, now will you let me finish?"

"Yeah sure, go ahead, I'll just keep my mouth shut and save my strength, OK"

I gave her a glare she could easily identify as -good girl-. Not wanting to recieve another comment from her I started my explanation before she could say anything.

"When I woke up in the facility a strange guy was standing beside me and he told me to ... ."

During my explanation her face went from a soft smile to a frightened one.

"God, you're saying you don't know where Daniel and Teal'c are and that we are a total of 6 months away from the Gate?"

"Yeah that's exactly what I'm saying. Look I don't know whether to trust this guy or not but I suggest we take the chance. What do you think?"

"I think we should trust him, I mean he already got us out of the facility so ..."

"Who says that that wasn't part of some sort of vicious plan they have in mind for us?"

"I guess we won't know until we see for ourselves."

"Guess so. The only thing we can do right now, is get some rest and wait until the morning comes."

"Yeah."

Before I could say anything further, she was already asleep.

"'night Sam!"

I tucked her in and looking at her still form I couldn't resist kissing her on the forehead. I let out a small sigh and then lay myself next to her to keep her warm enough during the night.

*SGC*

"Chevron 6 ... locked!"

"Chevron 7 ... locked!"

"Wormhole established sir!"

"Thank you Lieutenant." General Hammond grabbed the mic and addressed the people standing in the gateroom anxiously awaiting their departure.

"SG1,3 and 7 you have a go. Bring them back."

The people in the gateroom took this as their cue to leave and disappeared one by one through the event horizon.

-God, I hope that they may return safe, all of them, including Colonel O'Neil and Major Carter. Especially Carter. Because if something has happened to them I'm going to have one very pissed father standing here in front of me before I can even say his name out loud. And when that happens I hope God will be on my side.-

Coming out of his daydream General Hammond looked at the officer in the chair next to him.

"Notify me when there's news Lieutenant. I'll be in my office."

"Yes sir!"

TO BE CONTINUED

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Dena