Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Disappearance II

by Dena
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Disappearance II

Disappearance II

by Dena

TITLE: Disappearance II
AUTHOR: Dena
EMAIL: natalieverrydt@hotmail.com
CATEGORY: Romance, Action/Adventure
PAIRING: Sam/Jack
SPOILERS: none
SEASON / SEQUEL: any; sequel to Disappearance
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS: none
SUMMARY: Sam and Jack end up stranded on an alien planet with a lot of problems on their hands. Will they be strong enough, emotionally and physically to be able to finish their journey?
STATUS: Unfinished
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: Hey, hope you all like this part as much as the first.(third part won't take to long, promiss!!) Feedback as usually very welcome!! Thank you beta-reader for a once again a fantastic job.

*Colonel O'Neill*

'I was riding alongside the shore on a big black stallion and spotted a lone figure in the distance walking barefoot through the surf. As I approached the person I found out it was a woman dressed in a white dress that covered her ankles, her blond hair waving along with the wind. Something about her drew me right to her, so I continued riding in her direction. She must have heard the hooves of my horse because all of a sudden she turned around and then a broad smile appeared on her face. She came closer as I got of my horse with a surprising ease, I didn't even feel my weak knees protest against my action. The closer we came the clearer the woman's face became. When we were about 5 feet apart I could finally make out every line of her face. It was ... Carter??? She continued her approach and when she was close enough to touch me she just stood there smiling her beautiful smile at me. I was still a little stunned about the woman's identity, when she started to close the gap between us. I realized she was slowly coming up to capture my lips with hers when I heard an annoying knocking in the background...

'Ok THAT doesn't fit in the picture here.' Oh god not now, I'm just about to kiss her, no I don't want to wake up, I 'want' to kiss her. But unfortunately the knocking continued.

'Ok, Ok I'll wake up!'

With a small grumble I opened my eyes and the image of my incredibly beautiful 'nightmare' faded away. I tried to sit up but something was pinning me down to the cold stone floor. For a moment I didn't know where I was, so I eased myself back onto the floor trying to make myself as small as possible, but then I remembered. We were captured, saved and caved in one 'very' dark cave. 'Did I mention I hate dark caves?'

Knock, knock, ..., knock.

Yep, there it was again, 3 soft knocks.

"Oh my god, that's the deaf guy calling out for us, ..., or someone is just playing one hell of a sick game with us."

Once again I tried to sit up but something heavy was lying on my arm, keeping me from moving an inch. Ok time to check out that thing on my arm. When I looked down into the darkness I could make out a form lying sprawled on top of me.

'Oh god Carter! I was just trying to keep you warm, didn't mean to disrespect you. Shit, ... shit.

Get a grip Jack, she's still asleep, she probably didn't even notice it.'

Slowly I heaved her of my chest and laid her down on the floor, but not before I made sure she was fully covered in blankets. Don't want her to catch a cold now, do we. I raised myself up on my feet and checked on Sam once more before making my way in the darkness towards the edge of the cave, placing in memory every warning of Incaro. When I was almost there I could hear footsteps coming my way. The 'military me' kicked in and I pushed myself against the wall. The footsteps became stronger and stronger every second. When the person was near my position I realized I hadn't taken my weapons so I was pretty much unarmed, except for my bare hands and of course the little knife in my boot, but that's just in case. So that's what it was going to be, a hand to hand fight, ..., I'm just hoping he's as unarmed as I am.

I put one foot against the wall for support and when the form came onto sight I threw myself at him. Knocking him over I landed on top of him. 'Here's and advantage!' Then the person made a quick strange move, which made me flying against the cave's wall. I heard a sickening thud, which I knew, was made when my scull and the wall made their acquaintance.

"I'm sorry Sam, at least I tried, I'm sorry, ... ." Then everything went black.

*P3X-509*

Daniel, Teal'c, SG teams 3 and 7 emerged from the event horizon and made their way down the few stairs, while the wormhole closed behind them. The leader of SG3 was put in charge of the mission and now he was gathering everybody around him to divide the tasks at hand.

"Ok people, we have one clear goal here, get Colonel O'Neill and Major Carter back home. While doing that we also have to grab the opportunity to examine the surroundings and learn everything possible about the electromagnetic field. Whatever you do keep a safe distance from the field, because we don't want anything to happen. OK, Did I make myself clear? "

He was greeted with some 'Yes sirs' and then the group split up and everyone started to do their assigned jobs. Daniel and Teal'c retraced their earlier steps in the company of an airman carrying the same device Sam had been carrying. Suddenly the airman grabbed the sleeve of Daniel and signalled for him to not move another inch. Teal'c stopped dead in his tracks and gave the airman a questioning look.

"Explain your actions airman."

"I have reason to believe we are standing right in front of the electromagnetic field. My readings here are going through the roof."

"Teal'c I think he's right, this is the spot were Sam and Jack disappeared. Airman?"

"Yes Dr. Jackson."

"How far do you think the field extends?"

"I can't say but we can move along the side to find out."

"Ok, lead the way!"

The three men followed the field until they reached the other side of the Gate. The airman stopped walking and motioned for Daniel and Teal'c to come closer.

"It seems that the field ends here."

"What do you mean 'ends'?" Daniel asked curiously.

"Well I'm not picking up any readings anymore."

"Maybe it is still here, but maybe less strong."

"Maybe but then my readings would just fade out and not drop from overdrive to nothing."

"Good point. What if we throw something through the field and see what happens? "

"That may give us a clue to the whereabouts of the field. I say we go for it."

Teal'c picked up a big rock and threw it in the direction of the field. The rock landed with a big thud on the other side, still in one piece

"Ok, that went well."

Daniel moved a little forward and then he started running towards the place where the rock had fallen.

"Daniel Jackson!" Teal'c lunged forwards but failed to grab Daniel. Both he and the airman just stared at him, wondering when he would make contact with the field.

But nothing happened. Daniel stopped running and looked back at his friends.

"Ok, ..., so my guess is that the field 'did' stop there."

Still recovering from the shock that he had actually done something so stupid made him just stand there and not move an inch. Suddenly the statement on his face changed from astonishment to disbelief.

"Wow, that's weird."

Teal'c and the airman were now standing besides Daniel and were desperately trying to find the object that had drawn Daniel's attention.

"What is weird Daniel Jackson?"

"The building I was examining before. It's in a direct line with the gate and our position."

Looking behind himself he found a big stone sticking out of the ground. When he approached it he found similar writings to the ones on the building on it.

"Waw, this is amazing, whomever lived or lives here 'definitely' knows about the field."

Some airmen had drawn a cordon round the clear path, so now the straight line between the three objects was even more visible.

After explaining the situation to the commanding officer it was decided that SG3, accompanied by Daniel and Teal'c were going to explore the surroundings, looking for signs of the two missing members of SG1, and SG7 would continue their research on the electromagnetic field.

With Daniel and Teal'c taking advance guard they disappeared quickly in the dense forest. After a ten minute walk they noticed the forest becoming less dense and the ground more accessible.

"Look there's a clearing ahead of us, ..., with stone houses on it! " Daniel's voice faded away as well as his will to continue walking. His thoughts were playing a dangerous game with him as he played a dozen scenarios of Sam and Jack being captured and maybe being tortured by these people. No proof was needed to tell that an evolved race could be very dangerous.

"Let's go Daniel Jackson, we have to find out what we can about our two missing members."

Reluctantly Daniel followed the rest of the group into the clearing, hoping that this would be the place where their journey ended.

*Colonel O'Neill*

When I slowly came back to my senses, I realized I was no longer lying against the hard wall but on a soft blanket. When I opened my eyes I was, no surprise here, in our dark cave. I tried to sit up but a wave of dizziness almost made me pass out again. My head felt like it had been hit by one hell of a big rock. 'I suppose that 'is' the way I'm supposed to feel, considering the fact I 'was'.

Lifting my hand to my head to check on the damage, I felt a big bump covered in blood. 'OK, that's enough to make me pass out again.' Suddenly an unfamiliar face bent over mine.

"Good you are awake!"

I felt a sudden urge of violence coming up in me that I couldn't control.

"You! " I spat, " You stay the hell away from Sam. "

"You mean the lady with the lethal fever that is lying over there? "

Looking in the direction he pointed out, I could just make out her lifeless body being covered with soaked blankets. 'Did he just say 'lethal', he didn't mean lethal as in deadly did he?'

"What the hell did you do to her, you bastard!" I grabbed him with the collar of his vest and knocked him over. Once again I was lying on top, looking right into his eyes.

"Look sir, I do not wish to harm you again, so please remove yourself, so that I can tend to your wound and may actually get you out of here before someone finds us or your wife dies on us!"

"Why should I even believe you? You didn't mind attacking us a few hours ago, now did you? "

"Now I think the blast mixed up your head because I can't really remember attacking you, but I do remember 'being' attacked by someone looking just like you!"

"You, ..., I should, ..."

A soft murmur, followed by a cry of pain, interrupted me in my rage.

I looked back towards the person lying underneath me, seeing that he was oblivious to what was happening around him. This 'was' the guy that was supposed to get us out of here.

"Oh god, I'm sorry! You're Quentin right?"

"Yes! Now would you mind, your wife is in pretty bad condition. "

I quickly got of him and made my way over to Sam. Lines of pain and pearls of sweat covered her face.

"What's wrong with her?" My voice wasn't a mere whisper. No answer came. I put a hand on his shoulder to catch his attention. When he looked at me I repeated my question. This time I did get an answer, but not the one I was hoping for.

"It looks like she has been injected with the Semptek-virus. "

"The what?"

"The Semptek-virus, a virus that triggers a vicious fever and causes the body very much pain. When not tended in time it may lead to death. "

"Oh my god! You, ..., Sam is going to be alright is she?"

Looking him directly in the eye, I could see the debate he was having in his mind on what to tell me.

"I don't know, I have been able to give her something but it doesn't seem to work as well as it's supposed to. That's why I want to get her out of here."

"So she's going to be alright, she's going to live right."

"She's not out of the woods yet, so it can still go either way. "

With that he started to change the blankets that covered her body that were there to cool down her fever.

I just sat there staring at her, the thought of losing her crowding my every thought.

"Can you walk? ..., sir?"

" ..., uh, what?"

"I asked if you could walk, we need to get her out of here so that I can administer some stronger drugs."

"Yeah, guess so."

"Great, follow me, stay in the shadows and try not to make any sounds. Think you can do that?"

"I didn't do 4 years of Black Ops for nothing, you know!"

"Ok then, let's go."

He slowly lifted Sam up in his arms, waited until I had steadied myself and then started to make his way out. I quickly grabbed the bag that I had fixed somewhere during the night, containing our most valuable things, like the GDO, the guns and zats and a medkit. Then I followed Quentin out of the cave into the open.

*Daniel Jackson*

As soon as I saw the clearing with the houses on it, a dreadful feeling coursed through my body. But like every archeologist/anthropologist I was also washed over by feelings of curiosity. By the time we came near the village my professional side had taken over and now I was walking directly at some people standing in the center of the road a few metres ahead.

"Hi my name is Daniel Jackson, we are peaceful explorers from earth. "

No response. Ok, maybe they speak another language, have to find out which one. In order to do 'that' I have to get them to talk, ..., what if they don't talk at all, a telepathic race or something like that.

"Daniel Jackson, I believe the tall man wishes to communicate with us. "

"Oh, thanks Teal'c." Man was I really that far away that I hadn't noticed the tall guy coming in my direction? Apparently I was, because now I have this really big, strong guy standing in front of me.

"Hi, my name is Daniel Jackson."

"Greetings Daniel, my name is Hanrelk, leader of this village."

"My friends and I are pleased to meet you, ..."

"But it is something other then exchanging pleasantries that brings you here, isn't it?"

Wow, this guy's good.

"Well, yes, ..., but how did you know?"

"People who come trough the Gate usually don't come here to offer us some help in the harvest, they only come here to retrieve people they have lost here."

"You're right, but how did you know we came trough the Gate?"

"The road you just came down only leads to the Gate and the deserted woods behind it."

"Right! "

"Daniel Jackson, may I invite you and your friends into my home, where we can talk some more, in a more comfortable way?"

"Of course."

We followed the people, who were studying us in an interested way, to the other end of the village into a large house.

"Welcome, into my home, strangers!" Directing himself towards an older woman he ordered her to get some food and drinks.

"Please follow me, the living room is equipped with cushions to sit, drinks and food will follow in a few minutes."

"Thank you very much Hanrelk, you are very kind."

I was so wrapped up in checking out the division of the house that I didn't feel the pulling on my jacket.

"Dr. Jackson?"

"Oh, I'm sorry, guess I wasn't paying attention, sorry!"

"That's ok, look, me and my team are going back outside to make sure that your ass is safe here, and also let SG7 know where we are. You and Teal'c stay here with Hanrelk and try to find out as much as you can. You've got 2 hours and then we go back to the Stargate, got it? "

"Yes. "

SG3 turned around and made their way out of the building before splitting up in 2 groups, each taking a different direction.

"Aren't they staying Daniel?"

"No they are going to check out the environment and notify the others who are waiting for us at the Gate. I hope that that doesn't bother you? "

"No of course not." Opening the door to a large room he made room to let us enter.

"Please sit down!"

"Thank you!" Teal'c and I sat down before Hanrelk, so that we could face him best.

"Now I presume you have a lot of questions to ask me?"

"Yes Hanrelk, if you don't mind us asking questions?"

"No of course not, please be my guest."

"Well, you obviously know of the existence of the gate?"

"Yes, Daniel we are aware of its presence. We also know it's used for intergalactic travel."

"Ok, that's good. We are of a planet called Earth, on most planets we are known as the Tau'ri."

"The Tau'ri, you are the beginning race then!"

"The beginning race?"

"Our ancestors, the first people who were scattered trough the galaxy by the Goa'uld."

"Yes, that's right. How do you know all this?"

"We had an facility on this planet that examined other planets cultures. That's how we got all the knowledge we have at this very moment. "

"A facility?"

"Yes, at this moment it belongs to the government of the Beloga's, but for many generations it was a public place for all of us."

"Who are the Beloga's?"

"They are the original race that lives on the other end of the planet. The Goa'uld never knew about their presence, they thought the planet was deserted."

"But the Goa'uld have scanning devices, they must have detected something back then?"

"Indeed they have these scanning devices, but the Beloga's were far more advanced then the Goa'uld so they made a shield around their territory. About twenty years ago they took the shield away because the Goa'uld were no longer a threat. They also wished to enlarge their territory, so they started to develop ships to cross the sea towards our land. We were no match for them so they took much land from us, including the land around the Gate."

"So you are at war with these people then?"

"No not anymore, we signed a treaty about ten years ago. They gave a lot of our land back but kept the land around the Gate, because of the electromagnetic field around it. They use it to transport people from the Gate to the facility for extraterrestrial life."

"Wow, that sounds ..."

"Prestigious? "

"Yeah, I guess."

"It was pretty prestigious in the beginning you know. People from other planets were questioned about their cultures, beliefs, their very way of living, but ..."

"That changed, didn't it?"

"Yes Daniel, it did. The Beloga's government took very much interest in the facility that at the time was still a family business and eventually took control of it. Where before all the info obtained was spread among the people, now the government keep all the information for themselves. They no longer wanted to know about the aliens culture, they wanted military info, new technologies. They became more and more violent in their ways of obtaining the information so that many among them died. Seeing they weren't of many use to them that way they started to do tests on them. Learning their weaknessess, their strenghts, etc... "

"That doesn't at all sound good."

"No it doesn't Daniel, but there is nothing we can do about it. "

Teal'c who had been silent during the conversation, decided at this point to join in.

"Hanrelk, where is this facility located?"

"It's located at Beloga's land, a long way from here, ...sir."

"Please call me Teal'c."

"All right Teal'c, ..., you are a Jaffa, aren't you?"

"Yes I am, I'm the ex-first prime of Apophis, but I no longer serve him. I now fight him and all the other false gods."

"I see, well may I offer you something to eat or drink Teal'c, ..., Daniel? "

A small woman had entered the room and put the drinks and food between Hanrelk and us. When she passed Hanrelk she bent down and whispered something in his ear. Immediately his face lit up but when he faced us again all the emotions were wiped of his face.

"This is all very nice of you but I have one more question for you Hanrelk. When we arrived here earlier today two of our team members disappeared trough the electromagnetic field. We were hoping you could tell us where we might be able to find them?"

"Your team members weren't by chance, a middle-aged male and female? "

"Yes, do you know where they are?"

"No, I don't."

"But how do you know that we were talking about a male and a female, did you see them pass by?"

"Daniel, relax, I just got the message that they are rescued from the facility and now waiting for transport back to the Gate."

"Great, that's the best news I had in years, thank you very much. When do you think they are going to be here?"

Seeing the look on Hanrelk face, I realized that I was being a little presumptuous.

"Hanrelk is there something wrong?"

"Well they are out of the facility, but according to the message our ally wasn't able to get to them before the medical tests were performed. The male seemed pretty ok, but the female is in a worse condition. A reliable and trained person shall guide them to the Gate. He will provide any medical aid they will need for the next six months."

"The next six months?"

"Yes Daniel, the facility is located at a distance of five months. Because of the delicacy of the transport it will take them at least six months to reach us."

"But there has to be a faster way to get them back. I'm sure we can work something out."

"I do not see a way. They have to cross an entire ocean."

"Oh God, ..., what are we going to do?"

"Perhaps the Tok'ra Daniel Jackson?"

"That was a rhetorical question Teal'c, I wasn't really expecting an answer. "

"I see."

"But you have a point Teal'c, if we can get to Jacob I'm sure he will help us in retrieving his daughter."

"You have contacts with the Tok'ra?"

"Yes, Sam's dad is among the Tok'ra."

"Sam? "

"That's the female we were talking about. Sam is just an abbreviation for Samantha. "

"Oh I see."

The woman who had earlier on brought the food and drinks now entered the room again.

"The people who are visiting our planet are back sir."

"Then show them in Neally."

"Yes sir!"

After a few seconds the members of SG3 emerged trough the door and seated themselves next to Teal'c and I.

"So Jackson, found out anything about the Colonel and the Major? "

"Ah, yes."

"Ok, that doesn't sound good."

"They won't be here for another six months. Apparently the electromagnetic field has taken them to a place some six months travelling from here. "

"But that isn't all there is, is there?"

"No, ..., Sam is badly injured and god knows what they did to them when the Beloga's performed those " medical tests'."

"Oh boy, that doesn't sound good. Can't Hanrelk do something to get them here sooner?"

"No, he's afraid he can't do anything until their ally has brought them back here."

"So what do you suggest Jackson?"

"I suggest we go back home and contact anyone we know who possess spacecraft's. "

"Good idea, there isn't anything here that can be of use to us. So home it is."

Slowly rising to our feet we thanked Hanrelk about a million times for the information he had given us.

"No thanks, I hope they will arrive here safely so that you can come for them. You can always come here if you need information about their whereabouts. You're always welcome here!"

"Thanks, maybe we will come back to help you with your harvesting. "

With that comment he gave us a small smile and then we left heading back to the Gate and back home.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Dena