Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Charlie 3: The Dream

by Demon Faith
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
The Dream

by Demon Faith

TITLE: The Dream
AUTHOR: Demon Faith
EMAIL: rosabeth@hotmail.com
CATEGORY: None in particualar. Is 'Prophercy' a category?
SPOILERS: None really, but Cold Lazurus could help
SEASON / SEQUEL: After Season Three, directly after Revelations
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS: A little angst and some blood
SUMMARY: Jack is a prophet! Or his he? Is this nightmare a twisted truth of what's to come...
STATUS: Completed
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: This is just a little piece to fill a tiny gap. Hope I squeezed it in tightly!

Stargate Command. The first line of defence for Earth, though very few people were aware of it. And SG1 was the best in the SGC. Quite surprising really, considering SG1 wasn't exactly your regular USAF team. Sure, it had your typical Colonel in command and his 2IC was an Airforce Major. But the other two members were...slightly unusual. Dr Daniel Jackson, their rather accident-prone archaeologist/anthropologist/linguist, who Jack thought was more trouble then he was worth, and Teal'c, an alien to Earth with an even stranger alien housed in his stomach, which just happened to be Earth's deadliest enemy. Not your run-of-the-mill team but the best, none the less. The very best.

~

Jack walked casually through the SGC. Suddenly, he stopped. Why the hell was he here? He looked wildly about him for a minute, looking for any sign of life. Nothing. This was very odd. He was in the corridor beside the Gate room. There was always a dozen people here, whatever time of day. Very strange. He jogged up the stairs to the Briefing Room but there was no one there either.

"Hello Jack. Looking for me?"

Jack turned quickly, but couldn't find the source of the voice.

"Come on, Colonel. Surely you can play a bit of hide-and-seek."

He saw a flash of black as someone raced round the corner. He chased the figure all the way to the Firing Range.

"She's here. Oh Jack, she's here..."

Daniel! He was pinned against the wall, shot through with bullets. His eyes were frozen in place and he was missing just about all his blood, which was splattered all over the wall. Jack tried the door but couldn't get in. He turned around, closing his eyes in defeat.

"He went back already. Couldn't stand the heat."

Jack turned at the laughter. Sam and Charlie stood in the corridor, pointing at him in jest.

"Can't face the truth? Your girlfriend is dead, Colonel."

Jack looked at her in astonishment. Of course she wasn't! She was standing right in front of him.

The scene changed. He was back in the Briefing Room, and Charlie was standing straight ahead. She lifted her gun and fired, eyes glowing. Oh please no! Not a Gourld...He heard a scream and saw Daniel go down, clutching his side. Jack looked down and saw his gun in his hand. He raised it and fired off the round. Charlie stared down at her bloody chest in surprise, and then looked back at him.

"You...failed me."

Right before his eyes, the figure changed to a little boy. Charlie!

"You failed me, Dad. How could you?"

Jack fell to his knees in despair. All around him: voices of the people he had murdered, come back to haunt him.

"A worthy opponent."

Jack looked up at Charlie. No, not Charlie. A damned Gourld inside a young girl; his Charlie. The girl slapped him hard and then pulled him up, dragging his fingers onto her waist. Jack felt the warmth, the temptation. Then the person changed. Oh no! They had killed her, hadn't they? No, Sam hadn't got the bitch second time round. Oh damn! Make it go away, make it go away...

"All gone, Colonel."

Jack blinked. Where was he?

"We got rid of her. Just had to kill the host, but that's no big deal."

Jack looked over to his right and squeezed his eyes shut. Charlie: mauled beyond recognition, blasted full of lead and singed from repeated staff hits. He forced his eyes open, to see Sam and Daniel drinking Champagne.

"She's in the afterlife now, sir."

"Maybe she went to Sokhar!"

They both burst into drunken giggles. Jack put his hands over his ears and screamed...

Jack sat up, drenched in sweat. He scrambled for the phone and dialled up Cheyenne.

"Please enter your security codes after the tone..."

"Damn! I want the Gate room, stat!"

"Yes sir."

Jack tapped the desk impatiently.

"Lieutenant Simmons."

"Any word from Charlie?"

The lieutenant sounded puzzled.

"No sir. We're not expecting them until tomorrow. Do you want me to recall them?"

Jack let out a steady breath.

"It's alright, Simmons."

He crashed the phone back into its cradle. Just a dream, just a dream...

Or was it? This is a kind of prophecy to Charlie number four, but you don't have to understand my rambling to get into the story!

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Demon Faith