Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Discover Your Heart 1)... After the Curse

by Demon Faith
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Discover Your Heart... After the Curse

Discover Your Heart... After the Curse

by Demon Faith

Title: Discover your heart...after the curse
AUTHOR: Demon Faith
EMAIL: rosabeth@hotmail.com
CATEGORY: Sam/Daniel friendship heading for romance, Epilogue: The Curse, Possible Series
SPOILERS: The Curse and The Serpent's Venom. (This is because Britain got them in the RIGHT order!!!)
SEASON/SEQUEL: Season 4, directly after 'The Curse'
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS: Injury, but I didn't create it!
SUMMARY: The title says it all!
DISCLAIMER: I do not own them and that is all I have to say on the matter!
AUTHOR'S NOTES: This series is an excuse for projections and the second part is the best: spoilers for Chain Reaction! Exclusively shown in Britain FIRST!

"I hope no one sees that thing."

Sam ran to the temple entrance and stared at the departing ship with increasing awe. Janet tried desperately to make Steven comfortable and figure out a way to move him And Daniel, well...Daniel...

"Per...perhaps it'll cl...cloak..."

Daniel leaned backwards, coming to rest on the sandy floor. The pounding in his head was growing steadily worse and, if last time was anything to go by, would last for several weeks.
Sam turned back to the temple scene before her and let a steady tear roll down her cheek. Every time she saw Daniel hurt or upset, it stirred deep emotions within her that she had yet to pinpoint. She moved steadily over to him, kneeling beside him and laying a gentle hand on his shoulder. He opened pain-filled eyes and stared up at her, causing her eyes to well with tears.

"Are you okay?" she whispered.

"Um...I've felt better."

Daniel stared up at Sam, seeing the tears in her eyes and knowing that he was the one who had caused them. He hated to hurt her, to see her upset and knew he did it too frequently for anyone's liking. Jack would fuss for weeks over this, he knew it. Teal'c would escort him everywhere, and ward Janet off with that particular Jaffa-esse. And darling Sam would elect herself nurse, bringing painkillers, forcing him to eat, sleep and give up coffee at 2am, when she was herself high on the caffeine.

"Let's get out of here, yeah?"

Daniel nodded slowly, closing his eyes tight when that brought on a fresh wave of pain. Sam eased him into a sit, letting him lean on her shoulder as he got up. He blinked rapidly as she helped him to his feet, trying to get his balance.

"Um...I'm not sure I can..."

"Daniel, I am letting you nowhere near the steering wheel. Have no fear of that! I'll drive, you'll sit with me and Janet will ride shotgun with Steven."

"We should get him out."

Sam smiled to herself. Daniel always put himself first, no matter the situation. She propped the archaeologist against the wall, and headed over to the other one. Janet and her swung him between them and got him tucked safely in the back of the jeep.

"I'll go back for Daniel."

Janet nodded at Sam and smiled. She was beginning to see how blind human beings could be. Sam and Daniel had spent hours after the incident with Apophis and Heru'er talking about the Phoenician bomb, with Sam explaining to Daniel exactly why you needed a zero in math. And Daniel had patiently listened to her ramblings, never once complaining of the lecture. Janet couldn't quite see Jack sitting through that speech! He'd cut her off when she said 'mathematics'. She knew that wasn't where her friend's heart lay, but she thought Daniel's suspicions of it were probably what had discouraged the young man.

Sam walked in to find Daniel reaching for the gold amulet.

"Daniel!"

Daniel whirled round and was hit with blinding pain. He gasped and stumbled to the floor. Sam was beside him instantly, taking as much of his weight as she could.

"You okay?"

"Ask me later..."

Sam smiled and helped him to his feet. She plucked the amulet from the wall and they headed out.

*finis*

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Demon Faith