Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Discover Your Heart 8)... Before It's Too Late

by Demon Faith
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Discover your heart...before it's too late

Discover your heart...before it's too late

by Demon Faith

TITLE: Discover your heart...before it's too late
AUTHOR: Demon Faith
EMAIL:rosabeth@hotmail.com
CATEGORY: Series, Sam/Daniel friendship-heading-for-romance (or not...), Missing Scene/Epilogue: Exodus
SPOILERS: Minor for Exodus and Entity.
SEASON: End of Season 4, after Exodus. Exodus was shown on February 14thin Britain: therefore, it's Valentine's Day.
SERIES: Eighth in the Discover your heart series
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS: Mush, possible tissues
SUMMARY: The title says it all!
DISCLAIMER: I do not own Stargate, Stargate owns me.
AUTHOR'S NOTE: Personally, Exodus didn't do much for me. However, I am obliged to write.

Sam stared in horror at the huge mother ship sailing towards them.Apophis...She could feel Daniel's warm breath on her neck, and she was just aching to hold him, make it right between them. Nothing had been the same since the entity had come. Daniel had avoided SG-1 at every opportunity, volunteering for other missions, and had only grudgingly come along on this trip. And they were all pretending it was 'normal': one big happy family.

But it was a charade. The old feeling of security was gone, the familiar glances, gestures and brushing of fingers. The gentle reassuring touch, a comforting hug or just a shy smile across the table. No, it was all gone. And in its place were four lonely people. Sam was not blind. Daniel was Jack's best friend, despite their differences; Daniel was her best friend; and Daniel was the closest thing Teal'c would allow to be a best friend. Daniel had been there for all of them; and no one had been there for Daniel.

Sam absently touched her trouser pocket, feeling the slight bulge of a folded piece of paper. Valentine's Day: not Sam's favourite time of year. She had been planning to have a quiet evening in, curled up on the sofa with a mug of coffee and a certain special someone...instead, she was in a completely different galaxy, faced with a False God and her special someone so near, yet so incredibly distant.

This morning, she had got up early and went down to her lab. Sitting on her desk was a gold-wrapped chocolate heart and a scroll of paper, tied with red ribbon. Sam had opened the paper and read the poetry inside:

Here's a little note,

From my heart to yours;

Whenever I see you,

My love for you just soars.

I know I'm not in your heart,

But you are in mine;

I wish we could be together,

And at a restaurant dine.

I'd order love and happiness,

And continuity;

I know you'll never love me,

So 'just friends' we'll simple be.

It wasn't signed, but Sam knew that writing anywhere. She had collapsed in her chair, and openly cried. She had lost it all, lost everything...because her CO had got too close. Why couldn't he just forget it? She knew he had feelings for her  that had all been revealed a long time ago  and she had hidden the fact she knew, but she didn't love him. Not like that, as nothing more than a close friend, as close as two people with their shared experiences could get. But not true romantic love, the stuff of daydreams and cupids.

But Daniel had seen it, seen what Jack was feeling, and had crumbled. Daniel was very prone to hiding his emotions: he didn't want to get hurt. It had taken a long time for Sam to crack his shell, and now that she had...Jack had come along to screw it up.

Sam almost cried again then. But they needed her composure. She just hoped she could give it.



What? You honestly expected an ending? Well, you'll just have to wait til September!

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Demon Faith