Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Discover Your Heart 3)... Through Dreams

by Demon Faith
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Discover Your Heart...Through Dreams

Discover your heart...through dreams

by Demon Faith

TITLE: Discover your heart...through dreams
AUTHOR: Demon Faith
EMAIL: rosabeth@hotmail.com
CATEGORY: Sam/Daniel friendship heading for romance, Epilogue: Absolute Power
SPOILERS: 2010 and Absolute Power (In your face, America!)
SEASON / SEQUEL: Directly after Absolute Power, Season 4
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS: Nice, heavy spoilers for Absolute Power. Isn't that nice?
SUMMARY: The title says it all!
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: The first fic completely composed on my new Dictaphone! Another in my series of Season 4 spoilers in celebration of the fact that we are, for once, in front of America. Rule Britannia!

The Stargate closed. Daniel felt all the old insecurities, grievances and a total sense of grief settle over him. Slowly, he backed towards the exit, and fled away down the stairs, ignoring the sharp pricks of tears in his eyes. Sam and Jack exchanged confused glances, Sam's tinged with sorrow, before Sam excused herself, and ran down the stairs after Daniel.

~

Daniel shut his office door, locking it behind him. He slowly made his way through his office, absently touching items that brought recollection, happy thoughts and memories. He sat heavily in the chair, thinking over and over again about the child, Sha're and the dream.

Sam walked hesitantly towards the door, tapping gently on its surface.

"Daniel?"

Daniel looked up, and moved towards the door, slowly unbolting it, opening his thoughts to the wide universe.

"May I come in?"

Daniel stepped back, arm spread wide and Sam walked in the room, as Daniel shut the door behind her.

"You didn't have to come."

Sam smiled at the modesty, sitting down as he took the chair opposite.

"Tell me about your dream."

Daniel knew that was coming. He leant back in the chair, pressed his fingertips together and stared at the ends, the path he could see down the steepled arch.

"I got...the...genetic memory of the Goa'uld. I went...bad, Sam. I got these ideas, these plans, to take over the world. I built a satellite ring around the planet...I killed Teal'c, I locked you up and...I insulted Jack to his face. And all the time, I couldn't see it, the master plan, what the knowledge was doing to me. And then...I woke up."

Sam listened in fascinated horror, trying to understand, and yet that was all it remained: horror.

"Daniel," she whispered, unable to say anything else.

He smiled sadly at her, slumping slightly in the chair, letting tears trickle down his cheeks. Sam knew what to do then. She stood up, went round the chair and drew him into a hug.

"Oh Daniel...I am so sorry."

"It wasn't your fault, Sam. Really. It was all mine."

Then, Sam sat back, glaring at him.

"No, it was not! Shifu created that dream around you! You shouldn't feel bad because you were the one he chose."

"I know."

And that was all he said. Sam knew she should change the subject.

"Remember that note that came though the Stargate, a while back?"

Daniel looked up, realising her ploy, and nodded.

"Yes, I remember. The one warning us not to go to that...place."

"Yeah, that one. Well, it was definitely the Colonel's blood, it's definitely the Colonel's writing. We think it was from the future."

"The future. With a wide, unrestricted place it is."

Sam smiled.

"You're talking in metaphors, Daniel. Spent too long with the kid."

Daniel grinned too.

"Yeah maybe. But Sam, we don't know what the future's gonna hold, for any of us. We could die tomorrow."

"Don't say that Daniel. Don't..."

"No, Sam, hear me out. We should seize our opportunities. Carpe Diem: seize the day. We shouldn't put anything on hold"

Though his words were vague, Sam knew exactly what he was talking about. She was just about to answer when...

"Hey you guys! Whatcha doing this evening?"

Jack walked in, unaware of what he had burst in to. Unaware of the sad smiles of pleasure denied and regretful dreams of what could be.

*finis*

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Demon Faith