Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Crystal Clear

by Demon Faith
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Crystal Clear

Crystal Clear

by Demon Faith

TITLE: Crystal Clear
AUTHOR: Demon Faith
EMAIL: rosabeth@hotmail.com
CATEGORY: Sam/Daniel, Missing Scenes from Crystal Skull
SPOILERS: Major ones for Crystal Skull, minor ones for Fire and Water, First Commandment, Tok'ra, Enigma, Holiday, Need, Past and Present, Forever in a Day, There but for the Grace of God, Point of View, Jolinar's Memories and Nemesis. One small reference to The Matrix, but it isn't important.
SEASON / SEQUEL: During Crystal Skull
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS: My very strange imagination!
SUMMARY: A few 'what-if's from Crystal Skull!
STATUS: Completed
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: This has been bugging me for absolutely and I thought I would let it bug you too! I watch it over and over again because Crystal Skull has me in hysterics every time. I like all the 'Daniel' episodes, but Crystal Skull is my favourite.

Set between the scene where Sam takes over testing from Rothman and the next scene where they're in the Control Room, launching the UAV.

Sam

Janet has finally left me alone. Apart from that one shiver, I've been fine. I just keeping getting the strangest feeling: I think Daniel's in the room. It's very odd. I know he isn't here but I kinda feel he is. I suppose it's a bit like when Nem got him; I knew he was dead, I knew he was alive. Now, I'm praying that he's alive. If he isn't, I'll never forgive myself. I should've known he would land himself in trouble but, oh no, I was too caught up in the neutrino-stopping properties to notice Daniel getting swarmed in a great, white cloud of energy. And then I passed out! Some friend I am. Then again, if Daniel heard me thinking this, he would tell me that I was beating myself up over nothing and that I shouldn't be worrying about him. Easier said than done, Daniel!

Daniel

Sometimes I think she knows I'm here. She glances my way and I can almost imagine that she's actually seen me and she's going to get me back. But who am I kidding, she can't see me and if I'm dead...no, don't think that, that's bad. She'd getting up to leave now. I've been telling her to do that for the last hour now, but of course, she can't hear me either so that was a lot of good. This is so damned frustrating! I can't communicate at all; I'm just stuck on this little plane of existence, where I'm slowly going insane. I drop of the table and follow her out. I've got no idea where she's going but I'm allowed to follow, aren't I? Can't do any harm, can it? She's headed for, surprise surprise, her quarters. Door with a pretty red '19' on it will take us straight there. That's presuming I don't fall through the bottom of the lift. It's a little odd, actually. I can pass through doors, walls and people but I can sit on a table and walk along the floor. I'm a little surprised that I haven't fallen through the centre of the earth and out the other side. Of course, being here is a lot better than floating around in space. Sam's headed for her door now but she's stopping...oh damn, I've gone straight through her!

Sam

"Daniel?"

Why the hell did I say that? I'm just so sure I felt his presence but no, it can't have been, he's not here, is he? If he's anywhere, he's back on P3X377. I'm going out of my mind! I open my door quickly and shut myself inside. I head for my small little shower unit and get ready for my shower. I'm looking forward to a nice wash.

Daniel

Omigod, omigod, OMIGOD!!!! Sam is...well...exposing herself, and I'm standing here watching! She really is quite beautiful but I really should go now. It wouldn't be polite to stick around, especially now...then why can't I drag myself away? I stand transfixed as Sam's luxuriously feminine form is slowly revealed. God, she's gorgeous! She turns suddenly and I'm taken by surprise. Oh, I'm going to pass out...

Sam

I am so sure he's here. If he is, he shouldn't be, but if he is...do I want him to be? After Jonas, I swore I wouldn't let myself fall for another man. And then along came Martouf and Nareem and, finally, Daniel. Yes, I admit it, I have a thing for Daniel Jackson but I've tried to hide it, really I have. It just keeps emerging at odd times, like the incident with Machello, the sarcophagus, Kira, and also Sha're and the ribbon device. After all that, do I want him watching me undress? Comment from brain: most definitely not. Comment from body: oh yes please! Well, anyone with a fully-functioning libido would want Daniel Jackson but I seem to have this addiction to him. If I go a day without seeing him, it's a wasted day. Oh well, time for my shower.

Daniel

I just woke up lying on the floor. I must have actually passed out. Oh dear! At least, Sam is in the shower. I can hear the water pouring down. While she isn't here, I should compose myself. It just gave me a shock, being in her quarters...at that moment. She is a very attractive woman, but I shouldn't be here, especially seeing as Jack still has a thing for her. I mean, those two have it made. Two alternate realities on their side and all. Then again, I wasn't in either of those realities, so...nah, she just doesn't feel that way...does she?

Sam

For some reason, I'm wearing a towel as I exit my bathroom. The shower cleared my mind and I think, if Daniel is here, that my being naked isn't going to do much for his health. That's presuming he isn't dead. I move towards my bookcase, looking for a novel. I need to relax for an hour or so, not long enough to sleep, but just enough time to unwind. I choose 'Little Women', one of my old favourites. Still standing, I flick to the first page and begin to read.

Daniel

She's reading now. And she's at least covered. Now I can be here without worrying. Why would I worry? Then an idea hits me: what if...I move closer to her and step inside her. She lets out a short scream and drops her book. This is incredible! It's like the scene from The Matrix, when Neo jumps inside the Agent and rips him apart. Except that Sam seems pretty intact. I can feel her very thoughts and I'm sure she can hear mine. Argh! I step outside her quickly and drop to the floor. She also falls, and hits the floor with a thud. Two thoughts had hit me at once, very powerful, biting thoughts. The first was about Jolinar, a cold memory of her imprisonment on Netu. Not pleasant. Another was a thought so warm and delirious that I'm not quite sure what she had thought but it had 'sounded' like: My love for Daniel grows ever stronger. I was totally taken by surprise and had to break the 'connection'. I was so shocked by what I'd heard that I stood up and ran as fast as I could, away from Sam and her fleeting emotions.

Sam

OH MY GOD! What the hell was that? I was so sure...I heard Daniel talking to me, I could feel him inside me and it felt...good. Oh, I'm losing it! I run to the closet, pull out a fresh uniform and whisk it on. I have to go back to work now. I can't cope with what I 'heard' and I have to disprove my own theories. I run, escaping the memories of him inside me.

This next part is from after they've all returned to base after Nick has agreed to stay with 'the giant aliens' and Sam is a little uneasy...

Sam

So, it could've been real. I have to tell him, to see if it was. I run to his office, hoping he's there so that I can release this massive emotional tide from behind my protective dam. I knock on the door twice. No answer. I knock again but, still, no answer. I push the door open gently and suck in a breath. Daniel is lying on the floor, breathing heavily and sweating uncontrollably. He shivers every now and again, clutching his stomach, as I crash to the floor beside him, calling for help. Jack hears me and runs to get Janet. I can't believe this is happening. I can't lose him now, I just can't...

And you know the rest. This leads up to the beginning of 'Nemesis', Daniel's symptoms being those of appendicitis. Where it goes from there is up to you and, of course, the series writers.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Demon Faith