Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Escape, The

by Demon Faith
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
The Escape

The Escape

by Demon Faith

TITLE: The Escape
AUTHOR: Demon Faith
EMAIL:rosabeth@hotmail.com
CATEGORY: S/D, Challenge response (to Mel!), Romance, mild Humour
SPOILERS: None whatsoever!
SEASON/SEQUEL: Post S4
RATING: G (it's harmless, honest!)
CONTENT WARNINGS: Complete lack of plot!
SUMMARY: Sam and Daniel escape
DISCLAIMER: Don't own Stargate  nuff said.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: Response to Mel's challenge: "Daniel! Put that away before the Colonel sees us!"
Probably not *quite* what she expected, though *g*. It's a short piece of nonsense, so please excuse.
(NB This starts on the day before Sam's birthday.)

Sam smiled at Daniel, her eyes lighting up.

"It just might work."

Daniel caught her smile, and pulled out the other half. There was a rustling outside.

"Daniel! Put that away before the Colonel sees us!"

Daniel quickly stuffed it back in his bag, grinning. Jack crawled into the tent, and eyed them suspiciously.

"What are you two whispering about?"

"Nothing."

They spoke in unison, and Jack was getting curious. They had been all whispers, giggles and avoidance since this mission had been announced. They were going to visit a beautiful cliff tomorrow, offering a great view of the landscape beneath. Jack was sure that was the centre of their plotting, whatever it was. He would have to watch them carefully.

Not that they weren't watching each other quite enough. No one had missed the fleeting glances and coy smiles they were sending at each other, and Jack had no doubt that there was way more than friendship to that couple.

Reluctantly, he crawled back out of the tent, not hearing the delighted laughter coming from inside.

"So, we're all set?"

"Oh, you bet. This is one birthday you'll never forget."

~

It was early morning, when Sam and Daniel set out towards the cliff, at least two hours ahead of schedule. Jack was rudely awoken by their uncontrollable giggling, and was determined to discover their plans. He followed them stealthily, until they came to the cliff top. He peeped from the bushes, as Daniel shifted his backpack and Sam pressed herself against him. //Oh hell, what have I walked into? But, the backpack?//

He heard more giggling, and just kept on watching them.

~

"Are you ready?"

"No, I'm a little scared."

Daniel smiled, and leaned close to her ear.

"Don't be."

He felt the breeze begin to pick up and he nodded to himself. He reached behind him, and began to run.

~

Jack watched in horror, as they ran closer to the cliff edge. //Lover's dual suicide? Romeo and Juliet?// he thought wildly. He broke free of the bushes and ran towards them. But they weren't looked behind them...

~

Daniel pulled the ripcord. The parachute flared out behind them, and they were carried over the cliff edge. Sam gasped, as Daniel held her tightly, and they soared over the landscape.

"Oh, wow, it's beautiful!" she whispered.

The wind carried them in lazy circles, the temple roof getting closer and closer.

"I hope I was right about this," Daniel muttered.

Sam giggled, the wind whipping it away. Though, she was sure she could hear something else...

"You're never wrong, darling," she chuckled.

"Yeah, well..."

The temple roof came up to meet them, and they lolled on the lush, soft greenery that made up the temple gardens, laughing hysterically.

"Oh, Daniel, that was brilliant!"

Sam hung helplessly in the straps of the parachute, entangled in its bright material, laughing in Daniel's warm, strong arms.

"Yeah, but have you seen Jack?"

Sam cleared away the parachute material, and looked up. And burst out laughing again.

"Priceless," wiping the tears from her eyes, "Absolutely priceless."

For Jack was standing at the top of the cliff, shaking his fist angrily, and obviously swearing in this soundless, windswept paradise.

Daniel unstrapped Sam, and stood up, pulling her too him, and kissing her passionately.

"Happy Birthday, Sam."

*finis*

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Demon Faith