Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Under the Influence

by Demon Faith, Slug
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Under the Influence

Under the Influence

by Demon Faith and Slug

TITLE: Under the Influence
AUTHOR: Demon Faith and Slug
EMAIL: rosabeth@hotmail.com or n.trenoweth@talk21.com
CATEGORY: Sam/Daniel, Sam/Jack, AU, Angst, Drama, Attempted Humour (everything really!)
SPOILERS: Absolutely none!
SEASON / SEQUEL: Stick it where you like!
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS: Language, danny-whumping
SUMMARY: On a dig in Greece, Jack loses it slightly...
STATUS: Completed
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: This is the result of a very boring music lesson. Slug and I were having great fun discussing Stargate, rather then musical harmonies, and this little gem just popped out. The plotline is from both of us but in my usual, twisted way, I just couldn't leave it alone! Hope its not too rubbish!
Demon Faith/xx

"Remind me why we're here again."

Sam gave Jack a reluctant look before Daniel turned around, looking exasperated.

"For the last time, I am here because I have work to do. You are here because you wouldn't leave me alone. So, like it or not, you are stuck with me for a whole week. Oh my goodness, how will you cope!"

Daniel threw up his hands in dramatic sarcasm and stormed off to the site. Sam smiled evilly at Jack and went after him. Teal'c raised his eyebrow and followed Sam. Jack started muttering about 'damned stubborn archaeologists who should know better' and then sauntered after them.

They were in Greece, digging up some ruins so Daniel could play with the artefacts. Jack couldn't quite believe he was there. Daniel had announced this little trip a few days ago and the General had proclaimed SG1 on leave while Daniel went off to Greece with his bucket and spade. Daniel had asked around to see if anyone wanted to go and Sam, being the nutcase she is, volunteered to go with him. Jack, not wanting to leave the lovely major alone with Daniel, had said that he was coming for 'Daniel's best interests' and Teal'c, having no choice in the matter, had agreed to come too.

Now they were in Greece, Jack was being his typical whinging self and generally being a right pain in the arse! Daniel marched over to his little tent and several archaeologists dived out of the way. Sam bustled by and they all gawked at her and then Teal'c came along, glaring at them in his usual 'kree Jaffa!' way.

Jack really couldn't be bothered to do anything at that point (it was just too damned hot!) so he sat down on the sand, slipped on his shades and laid back to catch some rays. Everyone stared at him, astonished. One man walked up to Daniel and nudged him hard.

"Is he with you?"

Daniel whirled round and smiled.

"Who, him?" said Daniel, pointing at Jack, "Oh, don't mind him. He's a kohdiphesia!"

Everyone gasped and Sam tried not to giggle. You see, unknown to Jack, they had all been brushing up on their Greek, and kohdiphesia meant 'filthy layabout who steals cattle'. Daniel was really having fun with this! Teal'c, however, was indignant that Jack should laze about while they were working. He went up to Jack and kicked him hard. Jack's eyes flew open and he stared up at Teal'c, brow furrowed.

"O'Neill, there is work to be done. Why do you rest?"

Jack raised an eyebrow and jerked a thumb at the archaeologists.

"You call this work?"

Now all the archaeologists (Daniel excluded) were fuming and all stormed off to report him to the police, who, luckily for Jack, were several miles away. Daniel turned around slowly to look at Jack. He walked over really casually and gestured to a very large urn.

"You want to work Jack? Well, I think we have a job for you!"

He hauled Jack up and dragged him over to the urn, which was standing in the middle of a large space of sand. Sam dropped her spade and came over to watch, a slightly evil expression on her face. Teal'c was also interested in Daniel's 'challenge' and wandered over as well. Jack stared at them indignantly before Daniel spoke again.

"So Jack, you think you're tough. I bet you couldn't move this urn over...there!"

Daniel pointed to a spot several meters away from the site, a rocky hill with a steep incline in the middle. Jack glared at him before reaching down to pick up the urn. They all held their breath as his fingers closed around the handles...and then...

"I could if I wanted to, but I don't want to, so there!"

Jack stood up quickly, ignoring the amused faces around him. Teal'c, not quite understanding Jack, marched over and picked up the urn single-handed.

"I have done it for you, O'Neill. Where shall it be placed?"

Sam fell over laughing. She kicked her heels in the sand and giggled hysterically. Jack marched over to her, stomping his feet. Unfortunately, this was just too much for the poor sand, which decided to give way under Sam.

"Argh!"

She thudded to the bottom of a dark, grey shaft, surrounded by golden artefacts. Daniel goggled at them in wonder.

"You found the temple!"

Sam stood up, rubbing her backside and squinting up into the sunlight. Teal'c was so shocked that he dropped the urn he was holding and it crashed down on Jack's foot! Jack danced around, swearing for several seconds, and cursing the Jaffa for all he was worth. Sam had a very wide grin on her face but still realised her predicament.

"Yes, Daniel, and it is very amazing but please, just get me out!"

After he had regained some kind of feeling to his foot, Jack stepped forward but Daniel was quicker. He grabbed a rope a whisked it into lasso, while Jack stared enviously. Daniel threw it around a tent post and lowered himself into the pit, absailling down the sides. Jack leaned over, sneering at the archaeologist who was rescuing his 2IC. Daniel reached the bottom of the pit and Sam stepped forward. He grabbed her round the waist and pulled her against him. She wrapped her arms around his back and held on tight. Daniel looked up into the sunlight, apparently waiting for something. Teal'c, taking the hint, untied the tent-post and pulled both of them up into the daylight. They both collapsed onto the sand, a little bruised from being banged against the side of the pit all the way up. Jack was fuming by now, outraged that Daniel had rescued Sam when he knew he could have done it so much better. He stormed over to them and glared down, totally enraged.

"Why didn't you let me get her? I could've easily done it!"

Daniel decided not to pay any attention to Jack whatsoever and was far more concerned with Sam.

"Are you all right?"

His eyes were filled with concern but Sam sat up straight away, rubbing her head this time. Daniel was very relieved.

Jack wasn't going to let this drop. He leaned down and lifted Daniel by his shirt collar, his feet dangling above the ground.

"I could have saved her because...I'm better than you!"

Sam staggered to her feet, still clutching her head. She couldn't quite believe this was happening but she still had to do something. She wasn't prepared to just let Daniel die in front of her. She walked straight up to Jack and smacked him round the face. Jack dropped Daniel in his surprise and Sam skidded to her knees as she caught him. Jack regained some of his sanity and stood over her, casting a menacing shadow over her face.

"Why the hell did you do that?"

Sam glared at Jack, before turning to Daniel to see if he was okay. Meanwhile, Teal'c was investigating the hole in the floor, deciding that he really didn't understand these humans at all. Then he noticed something odd. In the corner of the pit, there was a strange crystal, emitting an opalescent light that reflected off the pit's walls. Tiny sparks flitted across the surface and it seemed to hold a life force of its own. Teal'c was about to draw the others attention to it but...

"He can't lie in your arms. He's married, for crying out loud!"

However, Daniel was perfectly content to lie in Sam's arms and Sam was perfectly happy with him staying there. Jack was on an anger high by this point and he just snapped. He picked up Daniel again and, mustering all his strength, flung him into the pit.

"Why did you do that?"

Sam stared at Jack as if he had just sprouted horns and a tail. Jack stared straight back.

"I had to!"

Sam knew she just couldn't stand this any longer. She stormed off to 'phone Janet back at the SGC, to see if she knew why this was happening but she didn't get there. Jack grabbed her by the shoulder and swung her round. The movement caused the already unstable ground to crumble away. Jack stepped away but Sam was, yet again, tumbling into the pit. She landed face-down on top of Daniel, who hadn't moved since Jack had thrown him there.

"Well done, Jack. Look what you've done now!"

"Well, if you had got up and gone down into the hole, I wouldn't have had to throw you down there!"

Daniel was greatly shocked and just lay there in silence for several minutes. Sam tried to get off him, comfortable though it was, but found she couldn't move. Daniel apparently hadn't discovered this and was shouting at Jack again.

"Got your wish then Jack? Now you can prove just how talented you are at getting us out of pits!"

Then Daniel seemed to realise that he couldn't move. He was about to voice his concerns when Jack started up again, lapsing into his usual sarcastic drawl.

"Hurry up and get yourselves out of there, kids, 'cause I've got a hockey match to watch and if you make me miss it, there's gonna be hell to pay!"

Jack was in the foulest of foul moods and wasn't about to help them at all. Teal'c wasn't quite sure what to do, seeing as Sam and Daniel were his friends but Jack was his CO (you see, Teal'c hadn't quite mastered the concept of 'off-duty'), so he just stood there. Daniel felt that Jack might change his tune if he realised they couldn't move, eternal optimist that he was.

"Er...Jack? Sam and I can't actually move..."

"Oh, don't give me that crap, Daniel!"

Jack sauntered around, whistling to himself. Teal'c thought that the crystal's glow was getting stronger but he couldn't quite work out how to put it in human terms. He just settled for a statement.

"I think they really can't move, O'Neill."

Just then, the crystal gave out a strong burst of light and Sam and Daniel disappeared...

"Where the hell are we?"

"No idea. Can you move?"

"Nope..."

"You will not need to move, prisoners."

Sam and Daniel looked up...into the eyes of Jack O'Neill. Except that this Jack had a long, cruel scar down the side of his face. Daniel's mind figured out that this must be an alternate reality but he didn't say a word. Sam's mind reached the same conclusion, as the alternate Jack began to speak.

"I have brought you here because my reality's Sam and Daniel are dead. I have a quest to fulfil because of what this bastard did to me!"

Jack whipped out a Zat and pointed it straight at Daniel. He reared back in surprise but Sam clung tightly to his shirt, not wishing him to die. Jack's face contorted into an expression of pure rage and he roared out his next speech.

"This man stole my love: he married my dear Sam but Apophis got to him before I could. Sam was the next host for the Goa'uld Ammonette and I lost her as well. But your reality possesses the Opalescence Stone, the connecting factor between our two realities. I controlled your Jack's emotions and he bent to my will easily. Now I will see Jackson die and keep Samantha for myself!"

Teal'c and Jack were quite shocked at Sam and Daniel's disappearance but Jack waved it off as 'Asgard fun' and went to relax on the sand. Teal'c, however, had a greater presence of mind and realised the crystal's power. He picked up a rock and smashed the crystal. Sam and Daniel shimmered back into existence, both breathing heavily. Sam jumped off Daniel and scrambled up the pit's edge, as did Daniel. Now that the Opalescence Stone had been destroyed, Jack was back to normal and was looking very sheepish as a result.

"Um...very sorry and all...didn't mean it...wasn't quite in control..."

"It's all right, Jack. We understand."

Daniel patted Jack on the shoulder and smirked happily at the thought of the rumours that would spread through the SGC when they got back. Sam was curious though and was dying to ask just one question...

"If I married Daniel, would you try to kill him?"

Jack looked quite taken aback and tried to stutter an answer but was rescued by Teal'c guiding him off toward the main campsite. Sam turned to Daniel, a look of wariness on her face.

"If I loved you, would you marry me?"

Daniel looked deep into her eyes, trying to convey all his thoughts, feelings and emotions through one gaze. It didn't seem to work. He leaned forwards and kissed her briefly, a chaste, but hungry kiss. Sam flushed a deep red and took his hand, laughing happily as the sun bathed the site in a rosy glow.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

EPILOGUE

Rumours did indeed flutter around the SGC and Jack took three days leave just to escape the gossip. Sam and Daniel were now officially 'together' and General Hammond had kindly agreed to look the other way in light of regulations. Another interesting consequence was Jack's sejour in a Greek holding cell because the archaeologists had all complained to the police about 'harassment'. Sam and Daniel had visited him, just to gloat, and this little rumour also found its way into the gossip mill. I wonder how that happened!

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Demon Faith and Slug