Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Ordinary World

by Deity Angel
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Ordinary World

Ordinary World

by Deity_Angel

TITLE: Ordinary World
AUTHOR: Deity_Angel
EMAIL: Deity_2000@yahoo.com
CATEGORY: Angst, Thoughts
PAIRING: Sam/Jack
SPOILERS: Small one for Legacy
SEASON / SEQUEL: 3
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS: angst
SUMMARY: Sam remembers....tissues!!!!
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: this is my first fan fic! i have a lot more ideas for this series. can you feedback to me please!!!!
pretty please!
love you!

Samantha Carter walked out of the SGC to her car. She was desperate to get home and unwind after the horrifying day she had just had. Being penetrated by Goa'uld-killing devices was not a very nice thing to have had done to you on a Thursday afternoon.

She walked with a spring in her step knowing she had the whole evening to relax. Today's report could wait until tomorrow. She didn't feel like any work tonight. Suddenly she heard her CO behind her.

"Major, I want that report by Tomorrow."

She turned around to see Colonel Jack O'Neill walking back in to the SGC base.

"Yes Sir." She shouted after him, not caring if he heard her or not.

'Great, now my Thursday evening is ruined. Why do I do this job?'

She stepped into her car and started the engine. As she pulled the car out of the bay and began to drive home she found herself thinking about her CO whose life she had just saved. He used to be her boyfriend before they decided to go their separate ways.

Jack O'Neill.

She had known she would love him from the first moment she saw him. They would always flirt like hell. It didn't matter if they were on earth or in another dimension; the attraction was still there and still very strong.

They have finally declared their feelings after they nearly lost each other on a routine mission two years ago. General Hammond had been nice t them and had wavered the regulations for them.

'Exceptional circumstances for exceptional people.'

Sam smiled when she remembered the conversation she and jack had had with the General. Jack was ready to resign before the General said that the President had allowed them to continue together.

They had been together 18 months before everything went wrong.

They had got too hot, too heavy, too quickly. As a result, in the midst of a passionate row they decided to g their separate ways. Jack moved out and back into his old flat.

They could still work together. Throughout their relationship they had managed to keep their private life private and away from the SGC.

Janet had always wanted the Gory details, but Sam managed to keep Janet's knowledge to a bear minimum. Sam could always shut Janet up by asking her when she was going to be telling Daniel Jackson of her feelings for him. That always worked.

Life with Jack had been a Roller coaster from start to finish. They had always had a good time. He could always make her smile.

Sam suddenly felt a deep pang of loneliness. Jack's face suddenly took over her thoughts and the memories came flooding back to her. The picnics, the stolen moments, the passionate nights.

She felt her cheeks go warm and then tears started to fall.

His voice echoed through her head and filled her entire body. She quickly switched on the radio.

Came in from a rainy Thursday on the avenue

Thought I heard you talking softly

Sam suddenly found herself at house. She quickly parked the car, switched off the engine and ran into her house.

She quickly shed her coat and dropped her bag.

Jack's voice echoed through her heart and soul. She felt herself slowly succumbing to the sound of his voice and letting it drag her under.

In a last attempt to rid herself of the sound, she ran through each room in the house turning on every light, every radio, every alarm, anything that would make a load noise and dim out the sound of jack's voice.

Came in from a rainy Thursday on the avenue

Thought I heard you talking softly

I turned on the lights the TV and the radio

Still I can't escape the ghost of you

What is happening to me?

Crazy some say

Where is the life that I recognise?

Gone away

Sam sank to the floor as the words of the song sank in and she finally let herself go.

Jack's voice raged in her head.

She had promised herself she would move on. She had thought she had done just that. Bet here she was a wreck on the floor.

But I won't cry for yesterday

Theres an ordinary world somehow I have to find

Where was her Ordinary World? There wasn't anything ORDINARY in her life. Far from it. Jack had been her Ordinary world. Her home. A place she could go when she needed to talk, or just be with somebody. How could she move on without him?

"I want that report by Tomorrow."

It's funny how one small sentence could awaken so many feelings inside of her. Sodding report!!

And as I try to make my way to the ordinary world I will learn to survive

She had to move on in order to survive.

She had to move on

Move on

Move.....on

*Sob*

"Jack!"

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Deity_Angel