Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Why?

by Debra Baschal
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Why?

Why?

by Debra Baschal

TITLE: Why?
AUTHOR: Debra Baschal
EMAIL:dbascha@hotmail.com
CATEGORY: Angst
SPOILERS: Forever in a Day
SEASON / SEQUEL: 3rd
RATING: G
CONTENT WARNINGS:
SUMMARY: Daniel wonders about the events in Forever in a Day.
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: I hope this makes sense. Enjoy.

Why?...why?...why?...why?...why?...why?...why?...why?...WHY?!!! The thought kept running over and over thru Daniel Jackson's mind. He had been holed up in his office ever since they had returned from Abydos... and Shau'ri's furneral.

Why did she have to die? Why couldn't there have been someone left to take her to a sarcarfagas?

Why?

Why couldn't Teal'c have used his zat gun?

Why?

Why couldn't he have died too? Taking a deep breath Daniel tried to clear his head.

Why?

Why did he have that strange vision while Ammonet had used her ribbon device on him. Was it really his sweet Shau'ri trying to send him a message, like he had therorized while he was still trapped in the ribbon's beam?

Why?

Why had it been so important to Shau'ri that he forgive Teal'c? He could've easily gone after the child with out doing that.

Why?

Why had it felt so good when he had forgiven him? He knew Teal'c had only been trying to save his life. He knew the Jaffa was carrying around a lot of guilt over having chosen Shau'ri as Ammonet's host. Now that guilt would have probably have tripled. Daniel knew he hadn't had any choice. Teal'c was as much a victim of this whole mess as he and Shau'ri were.

Why?

Why had his Shau'ri gone to so much trouble to let him know about the child? Or had it been Ammonet who had sent him the message? Or, had they done it together, realizing they were both about to die? True, the message hadn't started until after Teal'c had entered the tent, but that didn't mean she, or they, hadn't planned to tell him before hand.

Why?

Why else had she lured him into the tent? She could've easily left when her Jaffa had attacked them.

Why?

Why had she even been there in the first place? Surely Apophis had other strongholds she could have occupied, or hidden out at? Soccar couldn't have taken over all of his holdings, could he?

Why?

Why had she taken the Abydians in the first place? Just to retrieve her son? Surely she could've done that without taking the others?

Why?

Why?

Why?

Why?

WHY?

In the end, Daniel realized that she had done what she had, probably because she, or they, had felt there had been no choice. And, just possibly because Shau'ri had convinced Ammonet that he could be trusted to keep her/their son safe.That he would not to give up trying to find him just like he had not given up trying to find her.

Daniel had promised he would find and protect the boy. He would do it because it was her dying wish, their dying wish. The search would also give him a reason to go on. Not only with the SGC, but with life.

Now if he could just convince Jack and the others that Ammonet hadn't completely scrambled his brains with her ribbon device.

He grinned in anticipation of their reactions as he left his office and headed for the briefing room.

the end?

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Debra Baschal