Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Only Child Syndrome 2

by Danjanshippyqueen
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Only Child Syndrome 2

Only Child Syndrome 2

by danjanshippyqueen

Title: Only Child Syndrome 2
Author: danjanshippyqueen
Email: danjanshippyqueen@hotmail.com
Category: none
Season: any Season
Pairing: Daniel/Janet
Rating: PG
Warnings: none
Summary: Oh please, as if i'm gonna make it as easy as a little chat with Sam.
Sequel to: Only Child Syndrome
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).

Janet and Cassie hugged for a few more seconds before breaking apart. Cassie turned to Daniel,

"I'm sorry I've been a pain." She said in an obviously practised speech. "I promise in the future I'll behave better about you and my mom's relationship."

"Thank you." He replied. She turned and left, returning upstairs. Both Daniel and Janet looked to Sam who stood sheepishly near the doorway.

"What happened?" Janet asked as soon as Cassie was out of earshot.

"She's still not happy." Sam shrugged.

"I got that." Janet nodded.

"She's afraid that your gonna stop loving her because your marrying Daniel." Sam stated,

"I figured it was that." Janet nodded. "I really thought when she came down there that she was fine again." She said dejectedly.

"So did I." Sam agreed, "But that little speech she gave Daniel just proved otherwise."

"I don't know what I'm supposed to do." Janet admitted sadly, sitting down on the sofa again. Daniel put his arm around her again.

"I don't think her problem's with you." Sam addressed Janet.

"Me." Daniel guessed. Sam nodded, " Makes sense, I mean, she feels that I'm the one who's taking you away from her." Janet leaned forward, her head in her hands, rubbing it tiredly, "Hey, you ok?" Daniel asked, concerned about how much this was upsetting her.

"I'm fine." She lied. He looked at her doubtfully, "I'm just a little tired that's all." She forced a smile. Daniel turned his attention back to Sam, rubbing Janet's back while talking.

"So......what do I do?" He asked her.

"I think you'll need to talk to her." She replied. He sighed,

"Ok." He stood up. "You think I should go right now?" He asked Sam. She shrugged,

"Now's as good a time as any."

"Ok. I can do this." He said as he approached the bottom of the stairs, "I can do this." He repeated. A small smile crossed Sam's lips as she watched him go, but it quickly disappeared when she looked over to Janet. She was still sitting with her head in hands, her eyes closed.

"You ok?" Sam asked sitting down next to her. Janet nodded slightly, not opening her eyes or removing her head form it's position in her hands. "Really?" Sam asked sceptically.

"Like I said, I'm just a little tired." She said quietly, still not moving her head.

"You're more than a little tired, Janet. You look awful." Janet finally moved her, turning to face Sam,

"Thanks." She said sarcastically.

"Maybe you should go to bed." Sam suggested, Janet laughed,

"Like I can sleep with all this going on."

"I take it you haven't been sleeping well then?" Sam guessed,

"What gave it away?" She said rubbing her head again.

"You can't blame yourself for this you know, it's not your fault." Sam tried to reassure her.

"Maybe." She admitted. "But I could have handled this better."

"It was bound to be difficult, you handled it as best you could." Sam tried to comfort her.

"What? And my best wasn't good enough?" Janet said accusingly.

"That's not what I meant." Sam tried to defend herself.

"Sorry." Janet shook her head. "I'm just a little on edge, sorry." She repeated.

"It's ok, don't worry about it. Everything's going to work out you know. These things have a way of doing that." Sam said, sounding as though she was speaking from experience. Janet smiled, more genuinely this time.

"How long do you think they'll be up there?"

"I have no idea. I think maybe I should go.....this is something the three of you have to work through together." Sam said standing up to leave.

"Thank you for talking to her."

"Don't worry about it." Sam smiled. "I'll see you tomorrow." She said heading for the door, leaving Janet behind to wait.

Daniel cautiously approached Cassie's bedroom, reasoning with himself that it was ridiculous to be so afraid of a teenager. He gently knocked on her door.

"What?" Came the taut reply.

"Cassie....it's me, Daniel, can I come in?"

"I suppose." He opened the door slowly, hesitantly stepping into the room.

"I think we need to talk." He said, she didn't look up. "You mind if I sit down?" He asked pointing the bed where she was also sitting. She shrugged, he took that as a yes. "Umm.......I'm not too good at this." He hesitated. She snorted,

"No shit." He looked at her, quite shocked at her boldness.

"At least I'm trying, which is more than I can say for you." He said accusingly.

"What's the point in trying?"

"Well we used to get on ok before me and your mom." He shrugged,

"There's a difference between getting on and being able to live together." She replied.

"I suppose." He admitted. "But we could at least try."

"I don't see why I should have to." She sneered.

"Because you acting like this is upsetting your mom."

"She's not my mom."

"So then why do you care about this so much?" He'd got her there, she couldn't think of a comeback to that, seeing an opportunity Daniel carried on. "Cassie, all I want is to make your mom happy, and you're a big part of that. I know that you're afraid if she marries me she'll somehow stop loving you, but you and I know both know that's just not gonna happen. I'm not trying to take her away from you Cassie, she's your mother, I just figured that we maybe we could......share her?" Cassie sat unmoving, still not sure what to say. "I want us to be a family Cassie, me, your mom and you. All you have to do is decide if you wanna be a part of it." He stood up leaving her to think about what he had said. He returned back down stairs to find Janet still sitting on the sofa, he head tilted back, eyes closed. He thought she was asleep, but her head shot up when she heard him come into the room. She looked at him questioningly, he shrugged.

"I dunno, maybe." Janet sighed, raising a hand to her forehead, once again rubbing it.

"Sweetie are you sure you're ok?" He asked worriedly, sitting beside her,

"I'm fine."

"Maybe you should go to bed?" He suggested,

"I'm fine." She repeated.

"Janet, it's not a crime to admit you don't feel well, and I don't think we're going to hear anything from Cassie until tomorrow. Please, just go to bed, you really, really look like you could use some sleep." He pleaded.

"Ok Doctor Jackson." She turned to him, smiling slightly. He took her hand standing up, gently pulling her up from the sofa. He led her upstairs without letting go of her hand.

Daniel awoke the next morning to the pleasant sound of Janet retching in the bathroom. He was tempted to just roll over and go back to sleep, but knew he would feel awful with himself for doing it. He got up, wiping his eyes sleepily, heading the bathroom. Janet was hunched over the toilet, he came sat down behind her, soothingly rubbing her back. A few minutes passed before she finished, reaching for a towel to wipe her mouth, Daniel quickly got her a glass of water, which she accepted gratefully.

"Don't even try to tell me your fine." He said as he helped her up and back through to the bedroom.

"I feel way better now." She said as she sat down on the bed.

"Maybe, but your not going in to work today."

"Daniel I'm fine, honestly."

"You said that last night."

"It's just a bug or something, besides, you know I work in the best place to be when your ill."

"I suppose. I don't why you're so desperate to go, most people like a day off work."

"Most people don't work at the SGC."

"That's true." He laughed. "You think Cassie's up yet?"

"She left already." Janet replied sadly, "I don't know if your talk last night helped, she actually said goodbye though." She continued hopefully. Daniel smiled thoughtfully,

"What do you want for breakfast?" He asked cheerfully, trying to change the subject. She moaned,

"I don't think I could keep anything down right now." He looked at her, his face filling with genuine concern,

"Are you sure you're ok?" He asked again, she laughed,

"Yes, I'm fine, my stomach just a little off. Like I said, it's just a bug or something." He looked at her doubtfully, unconvinced by her 'just a bug argument', but decided to let it go, if there was one thing he'd learnt in this relationship it was that once Janet had made up her mind there was no changing it.

"Ok." He began changing into his bdu's as she changed into her uniform,

"Oh um, what time is SG-1's briefing at this morning?" She asked.

"Umm, 09.30, why?"

"I just couldn't remember, and I have to be there so I kinda needed to know." He looked at the clock for the first time that morning,

"Oh crap, we'd better get a move on, it nearly 8.30."

"Shit, I didn't realise."

"Good morning SG-1, Doctor." Hammond greeted them as he entered the briefing room from his office. A chorus of 'sir's' and 'general's' was his response. "Ok, what have we got on P98-044?"

"Well sir," Sam began. "The M.A.L.P. detected fairly sizeable amounts of trinium in the soil and the U.A.V. didn't find any sign of natives so it looks like we may just have found another source for trinium." She continued excitedly.

"When you say 'sizeable amounts'?" Jack asked,

"It's hard to put an exact figure on it sir. We really have to go and test different areas for amounts." She replied.

"Doctor Jackson." Hammond cut in. "Were there absolutely no signs of indigenous peoples?"

"Not so far as the U.A.V. showed no....." He replied, trailing off, "But." He continued, "We can't have the U.A.V. search the entire pla-" He was cut off mid-sentence as Janet quickly stood up,

"Excuse me." She said running out of the room. Five confused faces looked out the room after her, before four turned to face Daniel.

"Umm.......she wasn't feeling too well this morning." He shrugged, not knowing why she had just ran out. "Maybe I should....."

"I'll go." Sam said, "If she is unwell, I doubt you'll be able to follow her into the women's bathroom."

"Right." Daniel agreed.

"Sir, with your permission....." Sam looked to the General,

"By all means Major." He said, still slightly confused. Sam quickly ran out, heading towards the nearest bathroom. She found Janet there, wiping her mouth after obviously having been sick, again.

"Hey." Sam said,

"Hey." Janet replied, going to one of the sinks and splashing cold water on her face.

"You ok?" Sam asked, knowing full well it was a dumb question.

"Yeah, like I told Daniel, it's just a bug or something."

"You sure?" Sam asked, eyebrows raised.

"Yeah......well, pretty. Why do you ask?" Janet asked, confused by what Sam was saying.

"I dunno, I just had a feeling, you know your sick and it's the morning......." She hinted, Janet looked at her blankly,

"What?"

"I kinda thought you might be you know......." Janet suddenly caught on, thinking through in her head if that could be the cause.

"Shit." She said, her eyes wide with shock.

"What?"

"I never even realised until you said that."

"What?"

"I'm late." She counted in her head. "Really late, oh god, I can't believe I never realised." She said, bringing her hand up to cover her mouth, her face filling with worry.

"Hey, it's ok, I mean this is a good thing right?" Sam asked, bewildered by her friends reaction. Janet was close to tears as she spoke.

"I don't know, I mean, I've always wanted a baby, but, what if Daniel gets scared, and what about Cassie? How's she going to react to this, things were just starting to get better with her."

"Hey, hey, don't worry about it. I mean you're not even sure yet. And you do not need to worry about Daniel getting scared."

"Don't I?"

"No." Sam said smiling. "He's completely devoted to you, you can see it every time he looks at you. I mean, I was starting to get a bit worried you'd got yourself a stalker before I found out about you guys." Janet laughed along with her. "Listen, you go get a test from the infirmary, and I'll go get this briefing postponed." Sam said.

"Ok, Sam, please don't tell them about this."

"I wasn't going to."

"Thanks.

"I'll come get you in the infirmary."

Janet was pacing her office, waiting for Sam. It had been ten minutes now. After what seemed like an eternity, Sam finally arrived, closing the door behind her.

"Sorry, it took a while to persuade Daniel not to come check on you."

"What did you tell him?" She asked worriedly,

"Don't worry, I told him you weren't in a good mood and wanted to be left alone."

"Um, ok." Janet said hesitantly, not entirely pleased with this cover story.

"Did you take the test yet?" Sam asked anxiously.

"No....I, umm, was waiting for you." Janet replied sheepishly.

"Hey, don't worry, it's a big deal, it's ok to be worried." She said reassuringly. Janet smiled,

"Right, I should probably go do this............ok." She said going into the bathroom next to her office. Sam waited impatiently in Janet's office. Janet came back in a few minutes later, placing the little white stick on her desk.

"How long?" Sam asked.

"Three minutes." Janet replied. The two of them sat in silence for the three minutes, Janet checking her watch every couple of seconds. After another eternity of waiting for Janet the three minutes was up. She cautiously approached her desk. "I can't look." She said turning away, she looked to Sam.

"Ok, two blue lines is positive right?" Sam asked approaching the desk.

"Right." Janet confirmed. Sam carefully picked up the test, looking at it for a few seconds before turning to Janet.

"It's positive." Janet gasped, sitting down quickly. Sam came and knelt on the floor beside the seat Janet was sitting in. She put her hand reassuringly on Janet's.

"Wow." She finally managed to say.

"Yeah." Sam agreed.

"A baby........wow. I thought it was a bug." She said subdued by the shock of how much her life had just changed in less than half an hour. "A baby." She repeated, her face breaking into a grin, resting her hands on her stomach protectively.

"You ok with this?" Sam asked, Janet laughed,

"I just can't believe this is happening. Hell I don't even understand how this had happened. I'm on the pill for god's sake."

"But you're happy right?" Sam asked,

"Yeah......I think so." She smiled, "I'm just.......you know..........a little shocked." She laughed, "Actually that's an understatement, I'm very shocked." Just as she finished saying that, someone knocked on the door. Sam looked to her questioningly. "Who is it?" Janet asked.

"It's me Daniel, are you ok, can I come in?" He asked worriedly. Sam stood up, heading towards the door, she opened it and stepped out, Daniel rushed in, kneeling beside Janet in front of Janet in a position not unlike Sam's was a few second's before. "What's wrong, are you ok?" She stood up,

"Um, maybe you should sit down." She indicating to the chair she had just vacated. He stood up,

"I'm fine, just tell what's going on, are you ok?" He asked, his voice showing concern.

"Umm.......well, I don't really how to say this so here goes.........I'm pregnant." She finally managed to get out. Daniel's jaw dropped, his eyes wide with shock,

"You mean as in......"

"As in a baby yes." She nodded, growing worried by his reaction, suddenly his face cracked into a grin.

"I'm going to be a dad." He said still grinning. Janet smiled with him, the relief evident on her face. "This is great."

TBC

Too much homework to keep going right now, if you want more you know the magic word (and just in case you don't, it's FEEDBACK)

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to danjanshippyqueen