Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Double Trouble-Part 10

by Dani
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Double Trouble-Part 10

Double Trouble-Part 10

by Dani

Summary: Carrie's location is revealed and Jackson wakes up. The honest reason for the cloning is remains a secret but soon to come about in the next installment!
Category: Action/Adventure, Romance, Series, Other
Season: future Season
Pairing: Jack/Sam, other pairing
Rating: PG-13
Warnings: minor language
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 01/24/04

Double Trouble-Part 10 ************************************************************************ Jack's body was throbbing with pain as light began to fill the slits in his eyes. He tried to move but the pain restrained him. Bringing a hand to cradle his chest he felt even worse. Trying to relax once more he laid back on the bed to open his eyes. He looked at the foot of the bed first, then to his right. There in a chair with her legs flopped over the arm, and her head draped on her chest sat Sam Carter, sleeping peacefully. Smiling he turned his head to his left. His original form was staring out the window.

"Hey what are you doing here?" his hoarse voice croaked. This got Jack's attention and he turned to face his clone.

"You're wake!" he sounded relieved. "You uh got shot. Bleighton called an ambulance. Can you tell me what happened before it all happened?"

"Well, nothing really, I woke up and heard the knocking and it all began, where's Carter...Carrie?" he looked around for the girl.

"She's gone," Jack, says solemn.

"She can't be..," Jackson shook his head and was getting really upset.

"What? No, she's not dead, or I at least hope she isn't! What I meant was they took her and we can't find her. It's like she vanished without a trace. Absolutely nothing! That damn trail doesn't offer anything; no one saw anything heard anything. No one even saw her out on it that morning," Jack was pissed.

"That morning? What's today?" Jackson butts in.

"You've been out of it for three days," Jack said.

"We have to get her back. She shouldn't have to wait for us to come rescue her! She never should have been abducted in the first place. It's her that everyone should have been not me. They wanted her from the start. It was all a plan!" Jackson attempted to get out of bed.

"I know, we know Bleighton told us," Jack tries to calm the young man.

"Then why are you here, you should be out looking for her," Jackson is not yelling but suddenly his hand clutches his chest in pain.

Sam begins to wake at Jackson's loud voice. "What's going on?" she asks groggily. "You're up! How are you? Do you need anything?"

"Yes, for you to find her," his words don't shock to two he was yelling at as much as they did himself.

Lying in a corner of the cold, wet, concrete floor the girl squirmed around to keep warm. The door was flung open all of the sudden and in came a large man followed by two shorter ones. She didn't even raise her head but chanced a peek at her visitors.

"How is our little clone doing? Enjoying her room?" the large man towered over her.

"Very much, but I would like to have turn down service as well," she sarcastically quipped.

"You've been around O'Neill too much," a smaller man spoke as if familiar with the colonel.

"What the hell do you want from me?" she was getting agitated.

"You'll have to talk to the boss about that, you'll be meeting him shortly? Put these on. We'll be back for you in an hour be ready or face the consequences," then they left.

"Oh I'm so scared of the boss and his flunky lynch-men!" she shouted at the retreating men. The large man turned around.

"Out, the both of you," he ordered them and they complied. "You need to learn how to hold you tongue bitch or else."

"Or else what?" the words left her mouth and were followed by blow across her face with his elbow and began to leave once more. She spit blood out and fought back tears. "They are going to find me!"

"What did you do to her Mike?" she heard a man say from outside the door.

"None of you fucking business now stay here. You come with me," and she heard the voice no more.

Walking over to her dish that the food brought in the day before and picked up the spoon. Striding to what seemed to be a boarded up window she tried to pry the boards off. One end came off and she wasn't sure if she could fit through. Upon hearing someone at the door she took in all that was surrounding the building. There were trees, an endless forest. The door began to open and she quickly smashed the nails back into the holes. One of the shorter men stood there and she remembered that she was supposed to change.

"You're not ready?" he stated. "I will give you three minutes to do so."

"You don't want me to get hurt," she replied. "What's your name?"

"Get dressed," he commanded and slammed the door.

As she walked to the clothing she was given before she began to strip then re-cloth herself. Just as she finished the door opened and there stood the man from before. Reluctantly she walked to him and he firmly took hold of her arm.

"It's for looks. I don't really want to be here but," he abruptly stops.

"I wasn't born yesterday," she rolled her eyes.

"Yeah only a couple weeks ago," he retorted.

"This is little plan is going to fall apart," Carrie keeps looking forward and she feels his grip tighten on her arm. "Every time the goald go and do something like this it never pans out. Haven't they learned?"

"Be quiet," he commanded her.

"Like hell I will," she glances at him and sees he's looking forward. She scans the hallway nothing up concrete walls. They take two steps and she pulls out of his grasp. Punching him and kneeing him the groin she begins to run like hell.

Heading back toward her room she slams the door and hastily rips the board off the window. It's not enough room and she grabs the spoon to pry off another board and barely gets it done fast enough. The door opens and the man runs at her. She dives through the window and kicks at him while pulling herself through. Her foot comes in contact with his nose and he instinctively covers it. That was her chance, she fell to the ground on her back. Scrambling up she sprints away from the building. She hears a highway and water splashing in the distant.

The highway was in site and she hears shooting from behind. She ducks a few but at bullet penetrates her shoulder and slows down in pain but soon retakes the running. Climbing over a chain length fence was tricky but she did it to her surprise. There were cars coming up the road and she dashes toward them with the men hot on her heels. Some of the cars swerved around her but the one begins to slow down. One of the men shoots but completely misses her and hits the person in the car. Carrie realizes that it was on purpose.

A vehicle that had passed her slams on the breaks when they hear the gun shot. Carrie throws a look over her shoulder and sees someone new running in her position. Another car is coming in her direction and it stops only a few feet from her. One of the men gets out and shoot her but not with a normal gun but with a tranquilizer. Seconds later she crumbles to the ground. The man scoops her up in his arms and tosses her in the back seat of the car.

"Was geht weiter?" a woman shouts at the men. (In English-what's going on?)

A single man turns around and tells her, "Werden Sie zurck in Ihrem Fahrzeug es gibt nichts, hier zu sehen." (In English-Get back in your vehicle there is nothing to see here.)

The woman spots the gun and turns for her car and heads straight to the authorities.

"I spoke to Hammond this morning and there has been nothing. We're doing everything we can to find her but to no avail. If it'll make you feel better I'll call him now," Sam offers calmly.

"Why are you so calm? You are her how would you feel if it were you?" Jackson asks Sam then turns to Jack. "And if you were in my position?"

"He's got a point both of you would be going insane," Daniel says from the door.

"I know he does but we have don't know anything Daniel," Sam exclaims and walks out of the door.

Jack throws his head back in frustration and follows her. "Sam where are you going?" he asks her as they enter the elevator.

"Back to the base there must be something we can do," Sam tells him. "Jack I know what I would feel like if that was me. I've been in those situations and it's not all that fun."

"Sam I am just as much upset and worried about her as everyone else but before we get a lead you and Mini-me need to calm down," Jack rubs her arms up and down.

"I still want to go back to the base make myself feel useful," she frowns.

"All right and I'll come with," he said.

A week goes by and nothing new has surfaced. Jackson is released from the hospital within a few days and Daniel along with Teal'c stay at the apartment with him. One morning the phone rings in Jack's bedroom. Rolling over he sees that it is 3:42 in the morning. Having a feeling it has to do with Carrie he doesn't even sigh when he answers it.

"O'Neill," he groggily speaks.

"Colonel we have some news get to the base ASAP," Hammond's happy voice booms through the phone and then hangs up.

Jack all but jump out of the bed throws on his dirty fatigues and makes fast for his truck. It took no more than twenty minutes for him to arrive at the security post for the mountain.

"Can you tell me if Major Carter is here?" he questions the guard.

"My shift started at midnight sir and I have neither seen her exit nor enter during that time sir," the airman answers his superior.

"Thank you Airman," and Jack pulls forward. Entering the briefing room he is not greeted but merely told to go into Hammond's office. "Sir what's going on?"

"Colonel have a look," Hammond leads him back into the briefing room. "A captain here at the SGC was on vacation with his family in Germany when we called him to let him know what's going on. He saw this and found it strange."

A tape of a woman speaking into a microphone then another man and woman speaking in some other language. Then a hand drawn picture of a teenage girl came onto the screen. "What are they saying?"

"Daniel was here earlier and said that the woman said that a girl ran out into the road and to her vehicle. Thinking it was a crazy young woman she went around but when she watched some men chasing her shot at a car behind her she stopped and got out. She was told to leave," Hammond speaks. "This was aired a couple days ago. The approximate area is K3, which is a highway in Germany. I've made arrangements for Sg-1 to accompany German police to spoke out the area. Major Carter, Dr. Jackson, Dr. Frazier, and Teal'c are packing now. You're leaving in than a less than an hour. Jackson is going to stay here on base until all of you get back."

"Bet he's not too happy about that," Jack laughs. "Permission to speak freely sir?" Hammond nods. "Hell if Carter were gone I wouldn't be too happy about not being able to go find her."

"He doesn't know yet," Hammond says with a slight smile. "Gather your team and Jackson. We'll meet for a briefing in 30." With that he walks back into his office.

O'Neill turns on his heels and leaving the briefing room. Heading straight to the infirmary he found Dr. Frazier and Sam there. The two women are sitting in Janet's office, both with their feet propped up on the desk and drinking coffee. He smiled at the sight, then says "What are you doing?!?!" and they jumped. Scolding coffee poured over the sides of the glass mugs and flowed on to the women's hands. Janet dropped the mug on the floor and it cracked into a couple pieces. Sam switched hands swiftly and quickly set it down on the desk.

"Sorry ladies," he looks at the floor but still smiles. "Uh briefing in 30."

"What about?" Janet asks from the floor holding glass in her hand.

"We're going to Germany!" Jack says, smiles and walks away.

"Why?" Sam runs after ************************************************************************ To be continued...

Thanks and tootles! P.S. I don't know why, but I remember submitting this, guess I didn't and if I did, just call me crazy! Anyways happy early b-day to me...another year older!

~Dani Marie

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Dani