Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Double Trouble-Part 9

by Dani
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Double Trouble-Part 9

Double Trouble-Part 9

by Dani

Summary: Bad timing sometimes brings good news. You should never jog by yourself. Truth about the reasons come to surface.
Category: Action/Adventure, Romance, Series, Other
Season: future Season
Pairing: Jack/Sam
Rating: PG-13
Warnings: minor language
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 10/25/03

Double Trouble-Part 9

Sam and Jack stood there gaping at their audience. Looking at each other then back at the others. Both sets of eyes falling General Hammond. Sam and Jack jumping back from each other as though the other was fire. Sam's legs were still weak and almost fell if not for the bed near by that she grabbed on to.

"Sir, I assure you that wasn't what you think you saw," were along the lines of what Sam and Jack said at once.

"Colonel, Major if you'd keep quiet..." General Hammond begins, but Daniel interrupts.

"I know one way for them to stay quiet," Daniel sniggered and Janet hit his arm. "Ow."

"Oh you big baby," Janet rolled her eyes at him.

"Doctors! You two stay quiet as well!" Hammond shouted still looking at Sam and Jack avoids his eyes. "Anyways, I'd like to see you in my office...now!" He emphasizes 'now'.

Sam looked at Jack with a sympathetic look as the generals turned to leave. Jack quickly followed and Daniel helps Sam back to bed.

"What have I done?" Sam raked a hand through her hair. "Lord I need to shower...But that's not the point. I just ruined my career along with Jack's. I should have known my luck isn't that good." Sam by now was shaking her head and on the verge of tears.

"Sam, slow down, everything will pan out," Daniel had hands on either side of her face and was preventing her from shaking it anymore.

"You don't know what's going to happen. I do, we're going to get court marshaled!" Sam was crying for sure.

"Major Carter I assure you neither O'Neill or yourself will be in trouble for your actions," Teal'c said and Sam looked at him.

"Teal'c that's sweet, but you don't understand, as being Commanding Officer and Second In Command we are not allowed to do what we just did," Sam was still crying.

"Sam, are you feeling all right?" Janet asked as a concerned friend and not a doctor.

"Janet that's a stupid question," Sam fell back on the pillows. "Could all of just leave and come back to tell me the damage done?"

"Sure, come on Teal'c," Daniel began to back up. "Hope you feel better."

"Thanks," Sam attempted a smile.

"Major Carter," Teal'c tilted his head and left with Daniel.

"Sam, there's something wrong, and I'm not talking about what just happened. Well, it is but there is more to it. Am I correct? And talk to me as a friend not your doctor, please," Janet sat on the edge of Sam's bed with Sam turned away from her.

"Janet I don't know what you want to hear," Sam lied and Janet knew it.

"What's up with you and the colonel?" Janet bluntly threw out. Sam snapped her head around to look at her in surprise. "I was right there is something! Come on Sam. This won't go beyond you and me, I promise!"

Sam was reluctant but spoke softly. "We went out while in Denver with out Carrie and Jackson. It was not a date though. We just went out is all. But then when we got back to Colorado Springs the other night, I invited him in and that's all that needs to be said."

"Oh my God Sam! So, you and the colonel are an item," Janet squeaked.

"You make it sound like we're teenagers Janet. And yes we're an item or were. I don't know how he's going to take being court marshaled," Sam turned away again.

"Sam, if you'd like to know Hammond has suspected this for years. He's approached me on occasions and hinted at it. Since you and I are good friends and all I might know something. But until now I knew nothing," Janet shrugged. "I'm happy for you, and Colonel O'Neill isn't going to mad at you because one there is nothing to be mad at you for. And two how could he be mad at you?"

"Janet!" Sam exclaimed. "Let the whole world know why don't you!"

Down in General Hammond's office, Jack sat next to Jacob petrified. He knew nothing of what was about to happen, and Jacob wasn't offering any support! Jacob sat there like a stone, glancing every so often over at Jack. It seemed like an eternity until the general came in. On cue Jack stood, as well as Jacob.

"Sir, I can fully explain," Jack took a small step forward while speaking along with his hands.

"I don't want to hear it colonel, that is your business from now on," the General barely got in before Jack took up his 'explaining'.

"It was nothing, just a 'hey happy you're okay'. Please if you're going to punish us I'll take the full bla...."Jack finally comprehended what his superior said. "Beg your pardon, sir?"

"Since the SGC team and the Tokra have returned, Jacob and I have been scheming behind your back to get a proposal to pass. It was passed this morning," the General went on to say.

"Wha...what do you mean? What proposal?" Jack stuttered looking from one man to the other.

"Jack, for a while many people have been trying to get regulations changed; one in particular. Well, we didn't get it totally change for all Air Force personnel. But for SGC personnel," Jacob explained while Jack starred at him. "Relationships, beyond professional, are now allowed for SGC personnel. As long as it does not interfere with daily routines. Since it's hard enough to hold relationships with this type of job. It's only fair an opportunity be able to have a relationship with someone you can actually talk to about the job. "

Jack still starred at Jacob so the General to the liberty to shorten the explanation. "Son, Sam and yourself may pursue a relationship without consequences," Hammond ends.

His mouth was moving but nothing was coming out. Jacob chuckled at the gold fish. "Sir, are you giving me permission to have feelings for Carter?" Jack finally asked Hammond then turned to Jacob. "An are you saying in an off the wall way that you're giving me your blessing?"

"Colonel, you never needed my permission, it would have been your choice any direction you took but before now the choice most pleasing would have sent you up shit creep without a paddle," Hammond grinned.

"Permission to be excused sir?" Jack was out the door before he got an answer and Jacob was hot on his tail.

"All I was saying was you could date my daughter. What do you mean blessing?" Jacob called a few steps back.

Jack thought for a second before stopping. Shoving a hand in his fatigue jacket's inner pocket. Presenting his fist out in front of himself, to Jacob. Instinctively Jacob held his hand out and Jack let the object fall into Jacob's hand. Jack turned on his heels and continued his trip to the elevator. Jacob didn't even look at the object because he didn't want to lose Jack.

Once in the elevator Jacob opened his own palm and marveled at the object. A beautiful diamond ring situated just so-so in Jacob's hand.

"It was my great-grandmother's, was passed down through the son's and my mother left it to me when she died. When I left the base I had it resized," Jack didn't dare look at Jacob.

"So, your intention is to ask my daughter to marry you?" Jacob finally gets the words out.

"Yes sir, and I could frankly care less if I did or didn't have your blessing. No disrespect of course, but I love you daughter and she is the only person who could object to me asking her to marry me, sir," Jack kept his professional arms up worried Jacob would tear his head off.

"You must really love her," Jack then looked at Jacob.

"This may sound cheesy, but with all my heart," Jack admitted to the older man.

"Then you have my blessing," Jacob said as they reached the infirmary level.

Jack took off like a bat out of hell as Jacob casually made his way after the younger man. The door flew open and the moment Jack saw Sam she was on her feet moving towards him.

"How bad is it?" Sam questioned before Jack reached her. When he didn't answer his solemn face made her speak again. "What's wrong? Stupid que..."

Sam didn't get the rest out because Jack had reached her and the moment he did, he pulled her into the most passionate kiss that was ever possible. The kiss was hungry and went on for was seemed like ever. Time stood still for the couple and soon time retook its place. For they were out of breath.
"Jack?" she wondered what she did to deserve that.

"Shhh..." he set a finger on her lips. "Janet, can I take her out of here for a few?"

"Uh, you really shouldn't, but I guess you could if you don't wonder too far. Sam's new friend has to come though, mind?" Janet motioned to the IV drip.

"Do I have a choice?" Sam groaned and Janet shook her head.

Jacob slowly walked up behind Jack and gave him the ring back to Jack. Without letting Sam see of course. Sam shrugged on a robe and Jack helped her slide on some socks before she stood on the cold concrete any longer. He supported her and she held on to the IV as well.

"So?" she broke their silence.

"So what?" he loved playing dumb. But when she gave him that same look every time he caved. "Neither of us are in trouble."

"What? How?" Sam was completely and utterly confused.

"Your father and Hammond are too good to us...see they've been secretly working on getting the fraternization regulation changed. Well, that didn't work, excluding the SGC. See, since SGC personnel can't talk about the Stargate beyond this base, your father only saw it fair that personnel be able to have relationships with other personnel. Which I agree with. But even if the regulation didn't change I would still want a relationship with you," Jack inhaled and Sam was completely puzzled.

"Dad and the General did this? For us?" Sam watched him nod. "Did I ever tell them how much I love them?"

Jack smiled and kissed her. "Sam, I love you."

"I love you too Jack," she leaned her head on his shoulder as they walked down the hall. "So where are we going?"

"Where ever end up," Jack commented. Within minutes they entered the briefing room. "Can you stand here on your own?"

"Yeah, sure," she nods and he walks around the table and sat in the third chair in. "What are you doing?"

"Humor me Carter," he leaned back in the chair. "So, does this bring back memories?"

Sam thought about what he said and eventually smiled. "You really had it in for me didn't you?" was her reply.

"No, just trying to scare you is all," he smiled.

"It worked you know. You alone had me terrified. The others I had a feeling I could handle but you were testing me," she began to move around the table, but once she reached the other side Jack held up his hands and stood.

"I'm coming, lets go down to the gate room. No teams are scheduled to be coming in for a while," Jack led her to the stairs in the control room.

"What exactly was your motive to get me out of the infirmary besides to tell me the fantastic change?" she wondered aloud.

"Thought you'd been stuck in there long enough. Change of scenery is good you know," this made her laugh. "Thanks."

"For what?" she peered up at him.

"For coming back to me," and he placed a soft kiss on the top of her head. "Sam?"

"Yes?" she leaned her head back to look at him.

"I know this is a lit..." Jack began but the stargate's movement stopped him.

"Unauthorized off world activation," the technician's voice sounded over the intercom.

Carrie got up early the next morning to go jogging before school to let steam off. Living with Jack O'Connell a.k.a. Jack O'Neill wasn't easy. Yeah, it's probably better than living with another girl because she would always be up in your business. Where as Jack just did his thing and stayed out of her way as she did for him. They were good for each other but neither exactly knew how to act around the other. For over six years and they didn't know how to act with each other! But it was strange being half their original's ages.

She left a note on the bathroom door for Jack to find once he woke. Stepping out of the apartment building she walked over to the trail. Using a rail on some stairs to stretch. Once finished she placed her headphones over her ears and secured the portable radio to her waistband and began to jog.

It was pretty cold, but not freezing. Carrie's cheeks and nose were red within minutes. She came to a lake and decided to take the path to the right. The lake was huge and she only saw two forms on the opposite side of the lake. She didn't pay any mind to the beautiful surroundings because of all that was going through her mind. It was like she was schizophrenic. Her mind was talking to other parts of her mind and each was answering the other. She was so confused.

It was only when she saw the man sitting on the bench up ahead did she come out of her trance. She politely smiled and nodded at him and he did the same before going back to his newspaper. Watching as he lowered his head but not his eyes. There was something weird about him. Now all parts of her mind were saying the same thing. She turned off her radio as a precaution. For five minutes she worried and seldom threw a glance back. After that time she went on with her jog.

It was 10 minutes up the path and everything was fine. The man from before was out of her mind and her mind was back to it's squabbling once again. Her radio was back on and 'part' of her mind was singing along with it.

Carrie turned down another path led into the woods, she thought that it'd bring her back to the lake eventually and the permanent on the edge of the path said it would. She didn't see it coming. All of the sudden a man lunges at her and knocks her to the ground. Pushing him with all her might, she barely got him off her. Rolling on to her hands and knees she jumped to her feet as fast as possible.

Not even looking back she began to run from him. But nevertheless he caught up and placed an arm around her neck with a knife held to her stomach.

"Just do what I tell you and you won't get hurt," he spat into her ear.

"Bull shit you asshole," she no sooner got the words out and she stomped on his foot and elbowed him in the groin.

Unfortunately for her she was too slow for he slashed her across the stomach in the process. He fell to the ground in pain and she clutched at her stomach. Raising her hands to look at, there was blood all over them. Look to the man who was regaining composure quickly she began to run once again. The lake came into site and there was a bridge leading to the other side, to other people.

The bridge was long and the man from before had moved to a bench at the end she was running towards. She didn't care how weird he was; she was going to ask for help.

"A man, in the woods...he attacked me, he did this," she was still running towards him.

"Oh he did it quite well," the man said in a sickening voice.

"What? Who are you? Fermi?" she was beginning to back up but remembered the other man.

"Oh no, that silly fool is there," the man pointed to her apartment build that you could barely see over the treetops.

"Jack," Carrie didn't hesitate but began sprinting in up the trail.

It didn't help because the man took out a zat and zatted her once. Her body went limp and tumbled to the ground in a heap.

The apartment was quiet and air was cold. Jack's bare feet treaded across the carpeted floors to the bathroom. He noticed a piece of paper hanging on the door and yanked it down.

"Carter," he shakes his head. "Am I that routine?"

Gone jogging on the trail behind the building be back by 6:30-7.

Carter

"You just stride to make my life more stressful than it is don't you?" no sooner the words left his mouth and there was a knock on the door. "Carter did you not take your key?" Passing through the living room he noticed it wasn't even 6:30 yet. He knew right then it wasn't Carrie. There was no peephole on the door and there was no other way out. Creeping into his room he searched for his baseball bat and went into the living room to wake for the person to come in. The person outside the door definitely knew he was there because of scowling at the door.

There was another knock this time less patient. Finally Jack heard a clicking sound of someone picking the lock. Instinctively he reached for the chain that was usually left undone but would keep it lock from now on. The door opened a couple inches but enough for Jack to look the man in the eye.

"You know breaking and entering is illegal, and it's a big no-no for government workers Fermi? I expected more out of you," Jack pushed the door closed with his foot. In a fifteen year old's body he was weaker than the other man who kicked the door in.

Jack swung at Fermi and hit him in the knee. There was a cracking sound and an excruciating look crossed the man's face.

"Serves you right," Jack just smiled.

"They were right, your mouth can get you in a whole lot of trouble," Fermi reached into his jacket.

Seeing this Jack went for Fermi's arm and twisted it a gun fell out of his hand. Fermi punched Jack and reached for the gun along with Jack's hand. The larger hand clasped its fingers around it. The receiving end was pointed at Jack's chest. Jack watched Fermi's eyes moved behind him.

"Mr. Bleighton, go back to your apartment," Jack told the middle-aged man.

"No can-do Colonel. I'm under strict orders by the President to keep you and the Major safe," Carl Bleighton says not for a moment faltering.

"What?" Jack was astonished. "We should have known!"

"Please Colonel you're not helping," Carl tried to speak with complete respect. "You shoot him, I shoot you."

"At least I will have done what I came for. All of you think it was an accident that Major Carter was cloned. She was the main person we wanted and then we lost her. Now we taking back what belongs to us," Fermi pulled the trigger.

Everything seemed to move in slow motion for Jack. Two gunshots right after the other. The bullet penetrated the center of Jack's chest. The last thing he saw was the second bullet hit Fermi between the eyes. His eyes went back in his head and made thud on the ground. Shortly after, Jack's eyelids slid over his eyes and he fell back into Bleighton's arms.

"Shit, when?" Hammond's gruff voice swore from his office. "Yes sir I'll send them up today. No she isn't, but I'm sure we can arrange for adequate transportation. Thank you for the notification. One question sir. What is the school going to be told? The truth? I see. Thank you again sir. You take care too sir."

Hammond stood and moved toward the control room when the alarms went off. A quick jog to the tech was all that was needed. "Who is it?"

"The Tokra sir," the tech said.

"Open the Iris," Hammond commanded and went down to join Sam and Jack at the foot of the ramp. "Good to see you up Major."

"Thank you sir...for the favor," she smiled at him.

"So who are our visitors sir?" Jack asked.

"The Tokra," Hammond answered as the wormhole formed.

"Aren't they already here?" Jack was confused.

Two Tokra stepped through just then. "We bring urgent news," one says. "We know the reason why the gould want the clones."

"Well?" Sam and Jack said at the same moment while the General was only thinking it.

"Colonel O'Neill was cloned as a diversion. Major Carter's clone proves to be quite valuable. But the Gould wanted more supervision on the colonel's clone so that it would be easier to get to the major's," the second explained.

"It is true," Hammond confirmed for Sam and Jack. "I just got word that their guard has shot 'Fermi' and had taken Jackson to the ER. He's in recovery now; he got lucky. A quarter inch to the left and there would be no recovery."

"What about Carrie?" Sam was worried about her double.

"She's went missing since sometime between 5:30 am and 6:30 am," Hammond regretfully informed them. "You are to take the rest of SG-1 and Dr. Frazier to Denver as soon as possible."

"Leaving now sir," Jack quickly left the room with Sam at his side.

Jack, along with Sam, was highly pissed. Once they got to the bottom of all this chaos, there would be hell to pay!

To be continued...

Sorry it took so long.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Dani