Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Double Trouble-Part 5

by Dani
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Double Trouble-Part 5

Double Trouble-Part 5

by Dani

Summary: The mission goes fine, but does it not seem too easy? What will happen to the unknowing clones, and how will the first day of school go?
Category: Action/Adventure, Romance, Series, Other
Season: future Season
Pairing: Jack/Sam
Rating: PG-13
Warnings: minor language
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 08/06/03

Double Trouble-Part 5

Locking the Cowboy and Indian in the bathroom as to not mess up the carpet and they left the apartment after he had come back with and address to the Army Navy Store. They stopped at Taco Bell for lunch and then went out again. Deciding to get a cat and dog cage for Cowboy and Indian for when they go to school. Finally making it back the apartment.

"I'm going to help you take this stuff up to the apartment then I'm going out to get my hair cut," Carrie tells him as they grab bags out of the backseat.

"Why?" Jackson asked confused. "Would you cut it the way you...Sam has it?"

"No," she shuts her door and walks around. "It's just above my waist now, can't believe I had it this long when I was younger. You know how hard it was braiding it this morning?"

"No, but I can imagine," he rubs his arms. "Well could I suggest keeping it some what long?"

"I was going to have it cut at my shoulder-blades. Why do you want me to keep it long anyways?" Carrie comes to stand next to Jackson.

"Because you look nice with long hair," he begins to walk but looking away.

Carrie smiles to herself and goes on to say, "Well, do you want to show me where you'd like me to keep my hair?"

"It's your choice Carter," he tells her as they reach the elevator. She stares at him when she stands in the elevator. "Fine, here." He put his index finger up to a spot on her back.

She tries to look where he's pointing but can't. So, swings her hand around to where his finger is and moves it around the front. "I think that would be much easier to manage," she smiles.

"Really? I figured you'd give my suggestion the heave-ho," Jackson lets his arm fall back to his side.

"Nah, you have good suggestions sometimes," she grins and shifts one of the bags. "I just thought of something."

"What's that?"

"I told you what I was going to do after high school, but you haven't told me what you are going to do?" she states as a question.

"Because I'm not sure it'll happen," the door opened and he stepped out.

"What's it? Come on, you gotta tell me!" she set a bag down and unlocked the door.

"No, I don't," he goes in soon followed by Carrie.

"Jack, I'm not going to give up so...easily," she shouts in a playful voice, but stops dead in her tracks when she sees the condition of the apartment.

Jackson has already walked farther in to observe the damage. To both their surprises nothing is gone, just everything was gone through. While Jackson looked around for anything that might tell them something about who broke in; Carrie phoned the police. With an hour an officer was at their door.

"Well, miss, I can't do much since you both say there is nothing missing," the officer explains to Carrie while Jackson cleans his room up. "May I ask, and if it's none of my business tell me. Why are two teenagers out on their own and living together?"

"He and I are good friends, we sort of belong to the Air Force, in a way I guess. See our guardians are in the Air Force, but they can't keep us because they are never around because of their jobs. So, we were set up with this apartment and get just enough to live off of each month," Carrie tells him most of the truth.

"Are you brother and sister?" the officer asks looking at her and to Jackson who was now out of his room.

"No, we're friends, our guardians are friends who work together, that's how come we ended up together," Jackson says sitting down on the couch.

The officer looked between them skeptically but then settled on the answer. "All right, I think you should talk to you landlord about getting better locks or a security system. Usually this neighborhood doesn't get robbed all too often. But I guess it being on the beaten path of the park trail it's more understandable. You find that anything is missing or have any more troubles just call it in and someone will be sent out. You have a good afternoon," the officer leaves.

"I don't think this was a normal break-in," Jackson tells her.

"Neither do I, if it were things would be gone or at least the expensive stuff. I know I have almost twelve thousand dollars work of stuff in my bedroom, and I'm not talking about furniture," Carrie sits down next to him and sets her feet. "Sam didn't want to leave some of her things in her house for so long, so she gave it to me until she needs it."

"Like what, the latest gadgets you've come up with?" he grins, kicking his shoes off.

"No, like jewelry that has been passed in my family over the years, things that I, Sam obtained over her years," she says with a laugh, making herself sound really old.

"Yeah, well all that's been passed down in my family is that cabin in Minnesota. Now I don't even get to go there any more. At least you have you family heirlooms," he mopes.

"Actually," she gets up and runs to her room. Reaching under the flap of the material on the ottoman she had in her room she pulls out a key with tape on it and going back to Jack. "I hid it."

"From me?" he acts hurt taking the key from her.

"Nah, I figured that something like this," she pauses. "Would happen; we're clones, the first human clones, that we know of at least. If word got out to certain people." She trails off.

"Certain people like the NID?" he looks at her and she nods. "We just need to watch our backs from now on."

"I know, but I think we'll be okay. You know Hammond and our selves. If something happened to us, they'd make whoever were responsible for it pay, dearly pay," they both laugh at this.

"You still going to go get you hair cut?" Jack asks.

"Not in the next few hours. Going to clean this place up. This is just ridiculous! We had everything unpacked put in it's correct spot and they just had to come in and mess it up!" she exclaims kicking a pillow on the floor.

"Should we call the SGC? Tell them about this?" Jack stands and fixes the television.

"No, but I can email Sam and mention it to her, but tell her to not make a mountain outta a mole hill. Unless this place is bugged or being watched we don't have anything to worry about, for now," Carrie gets up and helps out.

"I just don't like not being able to do anything about this anymore. We're civilians," Jack points out.

"Civilians with people in high places," Carrie points into the air and they laugh.

The two groups finally had reached the outskirts of the ship. Jacob explained the way to the entrance and they made their way over to it. Once inside they split up into three, Jack and Jacob; Sam, a Tokra and Daniel; Teal'c and a Tokra.

"You three go that way set up your equipment," Jacob tells Sam. Then goes to the others and explains where the other group should go. "We'll meet back here in an hour and stay in the woods over night. Jack lets goes."

"One hour it'll be," Sam gives the others a sloppy salute, moves around the corner, looks around and moves down the hall and behind a pillar at the end. She looks around another corner and motions for Daniel and the Tokra to come on. "So, what's your name?" she whispers to the Tokra once they've gotten farther down the hall.

"My symbiote is called Felix, but I am Andre. I understand Jacob is your father," Andre replies crouching behind a pillar when the sound of Jaffa comes too near for liking.

When they pass Sam picks up her radio and says, "Colonel, Teal'c, Jaffa just passed us and are headed in the direction of the entrance."

"Understood," Jack replies.

"Acknowledged," Teal'c says.

"Yes, he's my father, he was really sick and the Tokra wanted someone off Sg-1 to become a host. But we are all important to Earth so I offered my father. If he didn't become a host he would have died," she explains as the go down the corridor.

"It's different now, with us and the Tokra I mean. They were going to force one of to become a host, but now we all work together just fine," Daniel falls quiet again as the come upon a door.

Daniel opened it as Sam covered him. There was no one in there; it looked to be a meeting room. Sam and Daniel guarded the door while Andre set up the 'fly on the wall' as Jack put it.

Teal'c and the Tokra made to an air duck. Going through it up to the next level. Making their way to a room and the Tokra set up the device as well. Neither had spoken, except to respond to Carter. Instead they spoke with motions.

Jack and Jacob on the other hand had no problem with Jaffa and were carrying on a full conversation.

"Jack?" Jacob stated his name and Jack knew exactly what he wanted to know.

"Jacob," Jack tried to ignore his friend.

"Talk to me," Jacob says walking next to Jack.

"All right, I'm not going to lie to you. She's your daughter, and you're my friend. It only just started this last week. That's the honest truth, nothing before excluding the flirting," Jack holds up his fingers in a scouts honor. "I'll tell you now, if she wants to be with me, and she already says she does. I promise you I won't hurt you. Swear to God." He now is very serious and is looking straight at Jacob.

"Good, now the regulations need to get sorted out, which I'm sure they can be. And I'll be happy with your relationship," Jacob didn't dare to look at Jack.

Though, Jack's eyes widened a bit when he said that he was sure they could be. "Well, lets get those pesky regs outta the way."

It was the end of their stay and they were headed back to the forest. Sam was hurrying them all because she wanted to get back and listen to what was on the devices. Again breaking into the two groups they took different routes back to the gate.

"Jack?" Daniel's voice came clearly to them.

"Yes," Jack answered into his radio.

"Does this all not seem too easy to anyone? We have not had any problems with anything, except the swamp thing with you three but," Daniel finishes and the radio clicks.

"He's got a point, sir. We have never been on a mission where something hasn't gone wrong," Sam turns to speak to her CO.

"Okay, Daniel, just keep a look out. Now you've said something it's all jinxed," Jack exclaims.

Daniel laughs, and says, "Fine."

That was it the two groups didn't speak until they reached the edge of the wood where they met between them. Checking the gate area for Jaffa, there were none so Daniel went forward to dial home. Once some chevrons were engaged Sam got ready to send the GDO.

Stepping through the gate Jack, Sam and Daniel passed out on the ramp. Jacob, Teal'c and the others fell down on their knees to assess them.

"Medical team to the gate room," Hammond's voice boomed over the PA system then moved down from the control room. "What happened?"

"They were fine when we were on the planet. And when they got here, they were out like a light," Jacob looked up from his daughter to his friend.

At that moment Janet and her team came in. She rushed up the gate to check over them.

"Pulse is good," she said pressing fingers from one hand to Sam the other to Daniel. Then going to Jack. "His too. Lets get them to the infirmary where we can run some tests."

With that she took the three out of the room. The Tokra and Teal'c just stood there with Hammond.

"What happened?" Hammond asked for a second time.

"Nothing, literately. We went, we retrieved, we came back, and we," Jacob motions to the ones there. "Stayed awake."

"Indeed General Hammond. We did not encounter any problems while on the planet," Teal'c states. "I do not understand why O'Neill, Major Carter, or Daniel Jackson lost consciousness."

Jackson and Carrie had finally gotten the apartment back in order. Carrie mailed Sam and still hadn't gotten a response. But she knew how it was, always busy. It was their first day of school today. Both woke up at seven thirty when they're supposed to be at school at eight. Rushing out the door they realized that they forgot the school address. So Jackson went down and got the vehicle while Carrie searched for the address. Finally finding it under a box of cereal in the kitchen then ran out of the apartment.

When she got down to the lobby she saw Jackson waiting in the Jeep. He leaned over and opened the door and she got in. Driving off they made it there in just ten minutes. Most of the student body was standing outside on the front lawn waiting for the first bell. Parking a few rows in they warily walked up to the school.

"Why is everyone staring at us?" Carrie muttered to Jackson.

"Us, more like you," he said after hearing a few guys whistle.

"That explains why those girls over there are giggling while looking at you," she laughed as they made their way through the crowd. "Hold on." She ducked off to where this group of boys standing around talking. "Hi, could someone tell me where the office is?"

"Sure, it's just inside the front doors. You new here?" a boy asked turning his attention from the other guys.

"Yes, just moved here from Colorado Springs," Carrie said. "I'm Carrie Samuels and you would be?" She held out her hand.

"William Parker, you can call me Will," he shook her hand. "This is Jason Erics, Zack Thompson and Shane Matthews." The other guys waved as they heard their name.

"Well, it's nice to meet all of you, I better get going. Have to sign in and get my schedule. Maybe I'll see you around," Carrie began to turn away then stopped. "And thanks for your help Will." With that she rejoined Jackson.

"Office?" Jackson asks as they go up the steps, which had teenagers all over them.

"Just inside the doors," she replies stepping around a couple kissing. "Geez, I forgot about all this."

"Dido," he finally reached the top. "So, who are the guys?"

"The one who told me whee the office is Will Parker, the others are Jason Erics, Zack Thompson, and the other is Shane Matthews," she had a hard time remembering Shane's last name.

"Ah, well you've got an audience," Jackson whispers and she looks back and sees all the guys staring after her.

They reached the office and asked to see the counselor like they were told.

"Go down this hall," a woman points to a hallway to her left. "The counselor is at the end."

"Thanks," Carrie says and waves Jack to come on.

Knocking on the door to a Mrs. Fisher's office the woman inside says come in.

"Hi, what can I do for you?" the woman cheerfully stands to greet them.

"I'm Jack O'Connell and this is Carrie Samuels we were told to come see you once we get here," Jackson shakes the woman's extended hand.

Carrie does the same and the woman says, "Yes, one moment. I have you records right here. Not everyday we have a Joint Chief enroll two non-related students."

"Yeah, not everyday we attend a new school," Jack remarks and the woman looks at him.

Carrie elbows him in the side and goes on to speak. "I guess you got the long, complicated story?"

"Yes, had to since you'll be attending school here," Mrs. Fisher rummages around in a filing cabinet. "Ah, here we are. I knew I shouldn't have put them away yesterday." She laughs. "Samuels, Caroline M. and O'Connell, Jackson R. You'll just need to look over these electives and tell me what you want to go in. But first I need to know whether you'll need to be in advanced or regular classes for the basics."

"What are the basics?" Jackson looks up from the book she gave them.

"Algebra I, Biology, World Geography, and English I. All have advanced classes," Mrs. Fisher explains. "And before you graduate, you must have other required classes."

"Those are?" Carrie sits back getting ready for a long visit.

"A semester of health, and speech. Or you could take speech honors if you want to go into debate. You'll also need a year of an art, drama, art, choir, or band. And a year and a half of physical education; PE, or athletics. Then you have to have BCIS which is a computer class," the woman then finishes. "You have eight class to fill."

"All right, I know that I want all the basics advanced, Speech honors, art, athletics, and BCIS. I have one class left what do you suggest?" Carrie began flipping through the book.

"I'll do the same, Algebra and Biology are that hard. Though, I understand the school doesn't offer hockey as an athletic choice," Jackson asked.

"Yes, but we have basketball, football, track, baseball, soccer, and volleyball. Though, volleyball is only offered to the girls," Mrs. Fisher sounds sorry. "And I suggest anything. There's a woodworking class, metal trades, a personal development class which is into family life, and a homemaking class."

"Okay, well could I get girls athletics for basketball, and swimming? And woodworking had it in the seventh grade, was fun," Carrie says and Jackson resists the urge to smile.

"Yes, you can get in both athletics, but swimming is after school, from three to four thirty sometimes five. And you understand woodworking is a lot of hard work, and there are only two other girls signed up in that class," Mrs. Fisher tries to talk her out of it.

"I know, and believe me, I've done my fair share of hard work. After school is fine," Carrie leans forward defending herself.

"All right, and Mr. O'Connell?" Mrs. Fisher begins to type in course numbers for Carrie.

"I'd like to take boy's basketball, and baseball. Then for my last class, metal trades," Jackson tossed the book on the desk in front of him and Mrs. Fisher put in his classes.

"Give the computer a moment to find your classes and make a schedule for you both. In the mean time, I need you to fill out some papers," Mrs. Fisher gives them some forms.

Within a few minutes they were done and Mrs. Fisher was printing out two schedules. Looking over them she frowned.

"Would you mind having most of your classes together?" Mrs. Fisher looks up from the schedules.

They look at each other and say no.

"Good, because you have seven together. But, metal trades and woodshop are in the same area so it'll be like being together. There aren't many openings for the electives you have whilst going along with the academics. That and since you aren't siblings it doesn't matter," Mrs. Fisher hands over the schedules. "Now here's a campus map. You have seven minutes between classes and ask your English teacher for the school guidelines book. She'll have everything else you'll need. Any question, you may ask any one. Would you like me to walk you to your first class?"

Carrie and Jackson look up from their schedules. "That's all right, I'm sure we can get there just fine. Thank you though," Carrie politely says, beginning to stand.

"I'll send word to all of your teachers telling them of your attendance, have a nice day," Mrs. Fisher replies as they leave. "Oh wait, your lockers! Here, theses are the combinations and locker numbers." She runs after them with two post its.

"Thank you," Jackson nods and they exit once more.

The tardy bell had rung and so they quickly visited their lockers then made their way to first period. Biology!

"Mrs. Foxx," Jack raises an eyebrow.

"Yes, why'd you take all advanced classes?" Carrie wondered.

"Only thing I really have trouble in is chemistry, physics, and some mathematics," he replies. "I'll still need your help though."

"That's fine," she smiles turning the corner to see a beautiful staircase. "Why do I get the feeling that we are enrolled in a rich school?"

"Because I think we are, have you not seen the rest of the school? The area of where we live in?" Jackson laughs at her.

"I guess you're right, oh God these stair are going to kill me," she begins up them.

"At least we have knees of fifteen year olds," Jack laughs hauling himself up the staircase.

Soon they reached Mrs. Foxx's room, Carrie knocked on the door. The teacher came to the door and let them in.

"You must be Caroline and Jackson," Mrs. Foxx greeted them. "I'm your Biology teacher, Mrs. Foxx, would you like to be called anything, nicknames?"

"Well, I go by Carrie," Carrie looks at the eavesdropping class.

"And I'd like to be called Jack," Jack answers glancing at the lab tables.

"All right," Mrs. Foxx replied and turned to the class. "Class this is Carrie Samuels, and Jack O'Connell, lets make them feel welcomed. Now you two can take any seat you want."

"Thanks," Carrie sighed and walked down the row. She gave Jack a look pleading him to stay with her; he did.

Carrie took a seat next to a friendly looking girl and Jack sat behind her where there was a guy on his right.

"Hi, I'm Jordan Peterson," the girl introduces herself to Jack and Carrie.

"Nice to meet you," Carrie says shaking the girls hand.

"Same here," Jack slouches in his seat.

"My name's Brad Peterson...Jordan is my cousin. You two are in luck, school started only three weeks ago and today we are picking lab partners. Mrs. Foxx isn't going to let you two be together, she'll say expand your horizon," Brad informs them.

"Figures, she's got brains too," Jack rolls his eyes. "Say Brad, you have a partner yet?"

"Nope, no one I want to be, but if you'd like to be, that'd be fine. The other guys in here are rude, or weird. And the chicks, besides Jordan, either hate me because I'm smarter than them, or pay more attention to me than the work," Brad laughs, and Carrie notices that he is extremely cute.

"Yeah, I was planning on asking Brad if he'd be my lab partner, but if you'd like to be, Carrie, that's all the better," Jordan tells Carrie.

"That's cool," Carrie says to her new friend. "So, you two are going to be together?"

"Sure, as long as you promise to help me," Jack looks to Brad. "I have more brains when it comes to English."

Brad cringes and says, "Not me, science and computers." Carrie perks up at this, Jack notices.

"You can't forget football," Jordan rolls her eyes and Brad nods. "I'm the English person." Not Jack listens in on what Jordan is saying.

"Jack and I are the other way around," Carrie soon shuts up seeing Mrs. Foxx is looking right at her.

The other three have to hold back their smiles. When Mrs. Foxx went on about her business at her desk, Carrie told the others to shut up. After a few minutes Mrs. Foxx comes down the row and gives Carrie and Jack each a Biology book and a list of what all they'll need for class. Once she returned to the front of the room she turned as to make an announcement.

"All right class, as you know today we will be choosing lab partners. Please do not choose someone that you would not normally choose. And if there is any pairings I find unfit as the year progresses I will make alterations to the groups, do I make myself clear?" Mrs. Foxx looked around as to see hands. "Very well, find a partner and move to a table; there will be two groups per table."

"Guess that's our cue let's go. Hey why don't we all get at the same table so if we need help with anything," Jordan stood with her pen in hand. "Bring a pen she's going to hand out a paper, she told us yesterday."

Moving to the lab table Brad began questioning the two. "So, what other classes do you have?"

"Here," Carrie handed over her schedule and Jack did the same.

"Well, I have woodshop, History, and Art with you and you! Your schedules are identical except you have English and BCIS at different times!" Brad astonished.

"Mrs. Fisher said there were few openings, and since we aren't siblings so it doesn't matter," Jack pulled out a stool that was facing the wall and had a seat.

"You aren't? Well, I should have known since your last names are nowhere near the same. That and you don't resemble each other at all! No offense. Blonde, brown, blue, brown," Jordan compared.

"We're old friends," Jack played with the words, literately meaning it.

"How long you know each other?" Jordan began picking at some tape stuck to the table.

"Seven years, seen each other almost every day of those seven years," Carrie replied.

"Ghee, make me sound like you're sick of me Carter," Jack acted hurt.

"Carter?" the cousins looked confused.

"It's my mom's maiden name," Carrie replied paying no mind to it. "And I'm not sick of you! Sure, I've wanted to kill ya, but hey I love you to much to do that!"

"I'm so loved," Jack pretended to cry.

"So, how you know each other, besides being friends?" Jordan butted in.

"Our guardians are friends. But because of their jobs they can't keep us, they are both in the Air Force. So, their CO set it up so we could stay together instead of having to go to foster homes," Jack fiddled with the knob on the gas gage.

"Stop, you're gonna blow the place up," Brad quipped turning the knob off. "Sorry, last year someone burned up a lab table and got every one in trouble."

"Cool, I did that at my last school!" Jack was amazed.

"Yeah, I blew up a test tube!" Carrie added and she noticed how uncomfortable the cousins were growing. "Don't worry, neither of us will endanger you. We just get a rush from it, it's all we used to do!"

"Get in trouble?" Jordan bleakly asked.

"No, well, yeah, but it was always for a good reason," Jack stammered. "So, you are goodie-two shoes huh?"

"She is, but I don't care about getting detention or whatever. If Jordan ever got in trouble her dad would have her ass for it," Brad saw a shadow cross Jordan's face.

"What? You'll get in trouble?" Carrie looked to Jordan.

"Yeah, but I hold my own, he's harmless," she shoots Brad a warning look.

Carrie and Jack both see this and Jack goes on to say, "He ever becomes un-harmless we have friends in high places. You tell us and we'll have someone on him before he can shake a stick."

"Thanks, but he's only wants me to do good things," Jordan replies and Mrs. Foxx comes by and hands them a sheet of paper with typing on it.

"Okay class, this is an survey on your lab partner. I want all to fill these out in detail on your partner. It'll be taken up Friday during the class, giving you two nights to do it. For now though, I want to go over lab rules," Mrs. Foxx starts in and all the students whine. "You all sound like birds! Ahhhh...Ahhhhh!" The students now roll their eyes at the woman like she was a moron, even Jack and Carrie.

By the end of class Carrie, Jack, Jordan and Brad had exchanged phone numbers and addresses. The question of Carrie and Jack's same numbers came up and was quickly resolved. Jordan and Brad pointed them in the direction of the debate and speech hall. Walking into the room the students were all over the place studying, talking, rehearsing. A woman came up to then.

"May I help you?" the woman greeted them.

"We just started today, I'm Caroline Samuels, but go by Carrie," Carrie introduced herself.

"Jack O'Connell," Jack said. "You must be, Ms. Caldwell?"

"Yes, take a seat anywhere you like, we haven't been doing anything these last few weeks. I've been reading reports from each of the students. I will be with you in a few short moments. Just get some papers for you and be right back," Ms. Caldwell went into storage room.

The day went by in a blur to them both, meeting new people, and putting up with drooling teenagers. After debate they were separated into different classes. Jack went onto English while Carrie had to attend BCIS (computer class). She blasted her teacher on her knowledge of the computer. The teacher Mrs. Birch escorted Carrie to the counselor's office to sign her up for a test to get out of the class. Which she took that period; she passed with flying colors and transferred into a homemaking class. Once 3rd period was over the two reunited in Algebra I, a woman Mrs. Myers taught it. Jordan was also in there she helped them get their books and cover them.

After that it was on to Athletics that they learned they had every day, last period. Though, both were, again, separated to different gyms and fields. They were given clothes to borrow for that day, and were sent off to take fitness tests. Both had to run a mile, pushups, and sit-ups. Carrie had to do a flexed arm hang, and Jack pull-ups. Then jumping rope, and then a flex test. The coaches were blown away when both broke the school records. Afterwards they were sent into running drills along with the rest of their schoolmates.

School 'finally' ended, Jack and his basketball coach were sent on a mission to find the baseball coach who was out on the field. Carrie was told to go to the fourth gym directly behind the one she was in then. That was where she'd find the pool and the swimming coach. She was told that she'd have to buy a swimsuit, a one piece, and wasn't too revealing. Carrie agreed that she'd abide by those rules. Though, later on the whole team would be ordering matching suits, and accessories that'd have their names on them.

"Oh my God Jack, what were we thinking?" Carrie exclaimed once they were let out of practice and met back at the Jeep.

"Why? I think it's okay, well the electives," he smiled at her.

"You don't have guy ogling you during gym! Not to sound like a perv, but yeah a few are okay looking. Though, it's just completely strange, I'm twice there age!" she rants in a low voice.

"Carter, you are in here," Jack points to her head, then motions to the rest of her body. "Outward appearance you're a gorgeous babe to all those ogling guys...lets go home. We have homework."

Carrie still astounded by his statement stood there watching him climb into the vehicle.

"You coming?" he was starting the engine. "Or you want to walk home?"

"I'm coming," she huffed around the vehicle, threw her bag in the backseat, and pulled herself in. "So, how was your day?" She was jerked as Jack backed out of the parking spot.

"Chaotic! I'll warn you now of the English teacher, she hates students smarter than her. She was trying to tell the class that Romeo and Juliet was a romance novel. It was like no one in the class had ever seen or read the play! It was a suicidal romance. All the girls giggled when they heard romance. The guys groaned, and then I set them straight. Mrs. Murdock doesn't like me," he rambled while merging into highway traffic.

"What'd she say after you told the class that it was a suicidal romance?" Carrie laughed.

"She asked me everything under the sun about all the classics. I may not read your kind of books, but I've read my fair share of literature," Jack wagged a finger at her; she just sat there and laughed. "So, how was your day?"

"I tested out of BCIS, and am now in homemaking. Miss. Pierceson, the teacher, says that I have a knack for sewing," she stated matter-of-factly! "Then athletics, worked so hard I swear I looked like I'd just gotten out of a pool. And swimming I was told everything I'd need to get and how to work out for it. I think the fitness test was easier than anything!"

"Tell me about it; my coaches are really cool, but strict," Jack stops for a light.

"Want to call Sam and Jack when we get home?" Carrie perked up.

"That's fine. Did you ever hear from her anyways?" Jack asked beginning to head home.

"Don't go home, I have to go get some clothes for basketball and a suit for swimming and no. Sg-1 is probably out on a mission," she sounds disappointed.

"We'll have our missions don't worry. And I need some stuff too," Jack assured her. "Why don't we go camping this weekend? It's going to get cold soon. So, it'd be a good time this weekend or the next."

"That'd be fun, we should do that, but let's see if we have homework or anything for school first, okay?" Carrie looked over her already planning the trip in her head.

"Sure, but it sure would be nice to relax out in the middle of the woods without worrying about the Gouald," Jack pulled into the mall the had been the other day.

"Yeah, but I'm going to miss all the missions, I'm going to miss it all," Carrie stared into space. "Before you say anything, I think this is where I should be, not there in the mountain."

"Cheyenne may have Sam, but I...the civilian world has you," Jack parks the Jeep and jumps out. "Hand me my wallet please."

Carrie picks it up and gets out. But not before she grabs her purse. She walks around to him and hands him the wallet. "Thank you Jack."

"For what?" he wonders.

"For making me feel needed. I didn't know how I'd cope without you," Carrie wrapped an arm around his and nudges on Jack.

"Carter your getting soft on me," he tries to ignore her.

"Nah, just showing some appreciation, Jack. Be happy let this boost your ego," this made them both laugh.

"Your the best Carter," he said to her and she smiled up at him. To be continued...

Thanks and Tootles!

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Dani