Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Double Trouble-Part 4

by Dani
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Double Trouble-Part 4

Double Trouble-Part 4

by Dani

Summary: A telephone call to Carter and O'Neill could possibly play a role in the future of the clones.Jacob, Sam, and Jack have a talk as well.
Category: Action/Adventure, Romance, Series, Other
Season: future Season
Pairing: Jack/Sam
Rating: PG-13
Warnings: minor language
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 07/25/03

Double Trouble-Part 4

"What do you mean?" she asks just too late because Jack is already walking out of the room.

The rest of the day was spent unpacking items and lounging around doing absolutely nothing. It was almost twelve and all but the puppy and kitten were sleeping in the living room. Sam had pulled her shoes off and was moving around when she set her foot on the floor. This instantly woke her up because she had sent her bare foot in a puppy potty spot. Sitting up and looking down she cringed. Getting up she hobbles to the bathroom and washes her foot. Quietly returning to the living room she turns the television off and smiles at the sight in front of her. Carrie was slouched down on the middle seat of the couch her head resting on Jackson's ribs. Jackson had his arm draped over Carrie's back and was leaning on the arm of the couch. Then Jack was practically falling out of the chair next to the couch.

Bending down and shaking Jack's shoulder she whispers, "Jack, wake up."

"Hmmm?" a groggy mumble comes.

"Come get up, I want to go back to the hotel, that way I can sleep in a bed," Sam tells him in a pleading voice. "I'm sure your back will tell you the same if you stay here in this chair."

"Okay, you mind driving? Too tired," Jack begins to get up.

"All right, I'll just leave them a note saying we'll be back in the morning and we can go," Sam replies and quickly writes a note.

Leaving the note on the TV they leave. The drive back to the hotel seemed short for a twenty mile drive. Jack want back to sleep. Soon she was parked in the parking garage and waking Jack up for the second time. They decided to check out of the room the girls were staying in and Sam would take Jackson's bed for the night. Upon getting into the room Jack stripped and pulling on his pajama pants, not caring about Sam who too was changing right there in the open. Both flopped down on the beds and fell right to sleep.

The sun was peeking in through the curtains at the apartment. Jackson slowly opened his eyes and saw that he was lying on the couch with Carrie next to him, fast asleep. Trying not to wake her he lifts her head off his chest. But it's too much movement and she opens her eyes. It was very strange for the both of them. He was looking down at her and she was looking up at him. Mere inches away from each other's face. Carrie decided that she was going to end the moment and began to crawl over him to get up. Just as she set her one knee over on the other side of him the door opened and there stood Sam and Jack.

"Oh, sorry, we'll come back later," Jack says and begins to pull Sam out and the door closed.

Carrie took her eyes away from the door and back on Jackson. She quickly gets to her feet and darts to the door. "No, that wasn't what you were thinking. We just woke up and I was getting up when you two came in. That's all," she explains to the adults standing in the hallway.

"You don't have to explain anything to us, we aren't your parents remember? Besides you're pretty much an adult trapped in a child's body," Jack told her at the exact moment the young man from the apartment across the hall opens his door. "Her maturity, fifteen going on thirty."

The man nods and strides to the elevator. The three sigh in relief as Jackson comes out.

"She's right, nothing happened and nothing was happening. She was innocently getting up and you two happened to come in and jumped to conclusions," he says almost the same thing as Carrie had.

"Like he told her, we're not your parents. It's your business," Sam replies and walks into the apartment. "Oh, Cowboy and Indian shit the apartment up last night. Thought you'd like to know."

"Joys of puppy and kitty-hood," Carrie's annoyed voice rejoices.

"I'll scratch your back if you scratch mine," Jackson speaks in code.

"Deal," Carrie understands exactly what he means and so do the others. (For those reading, he means he'll housebreak Cowboy, if she gets Indian to us the litter box.)

"Where are they any how?" Jack wonders looking around at the numerous potty spots and cringes.

"No idea," Jackson and Carrie say in unison.

"Well, lets get this place cleaned up," Sam goes into the kitchen and comes back with paper towels.

Once they were done, Sam and Carrie went into the kitchen to make breakfast. The two set busily about the kitchen. While the Jackson showered and dresses. Jack flopped back down in the chair he'd sat in the night before and channel surfed.

"So, what are we doing today?" Carried asks as they all sit down at the dinning table for breakfast.

"Well, we," Sam gestures to Jack. "Have to leave night. So, I thought you and I could go shopping. The guys don't have to come, because it'd be for clothes. You only have a few sets and I remember high school." Sam winces at the thought.

"Yeah, but remember we actually have clothes these days that look semi decent unlike in the 70's and 80's," Carrie reminds her.

"Hey, I though I looked pretty cool in my clothes then," Jack sticks up for himself.

"Yes, you were probably popular huh?" Sam replies looking at him.

"True," Jack says. "You know, you should really go too. You've only got so many clothes too." He tells Jackson who has a mouthful of eggs.

"Whatever," Jackson said but came out as "Muhmfa."

"I'll take that as a yes," Carrie smiles. "You know this'll be great blackmail on an Air Force Colonel."

"Yeah, shopping for clothes, with girls no less," Sam tries really hard not to laugh.

"You wouldn't dare," Jack shoots a look at both of the girls. "I'll tell everyone back on base the corny name you came up with for that cat."

"That's not half as bad as shopping with girls oh the horror," Carrie holds her hands up in horror.

"Shut up," Jackson told Carrie.

Before they knew it, it was almost 10pm and they were saying their goodbyes. Sam and Jack had loaded their bags in the backseat of his truck. Carrie and Jackson were standing in front of their building watching the other two pull out of the parking lot.

"Carter?" Jackson simply says. "I can still call you that or Sam right?"

"Of course, sir," she replies and they begin to go in the building. "Stairs or elevator?"

"Being on the tenth floor, I say elevator," Jackson says in a 'duh' voice.

Carrie pushes the button for the elevator. Entering the compacted space they fall silent. "So, this is weird," she whispers.

"Carter, I'm going to say sorry for whatever I do in the years ahead of us ahead of time. Because I know I'm going to screw up somewhere and I really don't want to do anything to hurt or upset you," he speaks so quickly to a stunned Carrie.

"Jack, I know you and I know that you aren't going to hurt me or upset me. Well, aggravate me, but I'm sure that I'll do the same to you," she smiles. "It's only natural for people living together to get on each others nerves."

"Yeah, but you're not just anybody. If it'd been Daniel or Teal'c here instead of you I wouldn't care what I did. Though I am glad you're here," he said just as they reached their floor and he stepped out.

She stood there and smiled. Following him to the door he was already in and in his room. "Jack," she called but no answer. Closing the door she says in a normal voice. "I'm glad you're here too."

Inside Jack's room he hears this and smiles to himself. Indian was in there on top his computer. He picks the kitten up and sets it on the bed. Then digging in one of the bags of new clothes for some sleep attire. Finding them he heads to the bathroom. It's closed, but unlocked. Not thinking he opens it and goes in. Realizing that the shower is already on he sneaks a peek to see if Carrie is already in the shower. Not yet, so he turns on his heels and makes a quick exit. He knocks on her door and she asks 'what?'

"Let me know when you're outta the bath," he speaks through the door.

She opens it and says, " You can have it first, I was going to soak in the tub so I'd have taken a while."

"Alright, I'll tell you when I'm out then," he goes back to the bathroom.

After he'd gotten out and she got in and finished. Jackson was going from the kitchen to his room and she comes out in only a towel. He looks at her and she turns a bright red. Excusing herself she goes around in to her room. Not coming out the rest of the night. Jack went to his room put on some music and soon fell asleep.

On the way back to Colorado Springs, before Sam fell asleep they talked a bit.

"Jack, do you think they'll be okay?" Sam looks out the window as they get on the interstate.

"Why wouldn't they be? They're us remember?" he grins.

"I keep thinking they're kids, I know they aren't but the outward appearance says to me they are. There is also something wrong with the both of them, I can't pin point it, but I can tell," she states in wonder.

"I'm figuring it's the fact that he's a clone for him that is. And she told me that she was just getting used to the way her life was, and now there is going to be a second chance. And that she doesn't care what happens this time around but she's going to have kids before she's thirty," he tells her in a determined voice.

"She told you that? I knew that about her, but I didn't think of all people," she starts but suddenly shuts up.

"He was really hesitant about them moving in together," Jack looks over to her for her reply.

"Why?" she's confused.

"Because after all the years they, we've known each other there were rules now there aren't. And yes I'm saying what you think I'm saying. But he told me it's weird because she almost doesn't even look like you. Your face hasn't changed, just you've matured in looks, ya know?" he tries to say without getting in trouble.

"I know, she'll reach her full height in the next two years, which will be about three more inches. And actually get a figure over this year probably. It's funny to see myself and remember how much it sucked at fifteen. All the other girls have figures and well you know," she looks at him and he's laughing. "Everyone was surprised when I came back from summer break looking older."

By this time they were both laughing and Jack barely got in, "I guess Jackson is going to have a hard time while living here her I take it?"

"With the clothes that she and I picked out together, maybe. Don't worry she's not gonna look like a geek, we have taste. But she ain't going to look like a slut either. Though," she begins. "We made a plan, wear one of her cute outfits Wednesday make everyone think she's a dumb blonde let Jackson have a good laugh. Then get to science class and show everyone up."

"Ya'll are mean, but good. And he will get a good laugh," Jack laughs again and so does Sam. "Too bad we won't be there."

"She's going to tell me how it goes and I'll tell you. Don't worry," Sam patted him on the arm with a yawn. "Now, if you don't mind I'm going to catch some zzz's before I get back to my pulling all nighters again."

"You shouldn't do that you know. But go ahead and get some sleep," he glances over at her. "Goodnight Sam."

"Goodnight Jack, wake me when we're back," she scoots her backside closer to the middle seat and leans on the door.

Jack finally pulled into Sam's. He too was very tired. Turning the truck off she gets out and goes to the passenger side. Opening the door he begins to wake her up. She slowly but surely opens her eyes. He walked her to the door. There was a nice breeze blowing at her hair.

"I guess I'll see you in the morning then," he says as she unlocks the door. "Just wanted to make sure you go in okay."

Sam gives him a small smile. "Would you like to come in?"

"I,uh. I should really get going," he said trying to graciously deny her offer.

"I know what you should do. But I was asking if you would like to," she lets out in a sigh.

He'd been looking out over her lawn but then looks at her. "Sam, you know I'd love to," Jack replies differently this time.

"So, are you going to or not?" her voice is full of want.

Jack pushes the automatic lock on his key chain. Sam hears the clicking sound come from the truck and a smile appears on her face. He grins back at her just before bending down and kissing her. She turns so that her back pushes the door open. Going in he closes it and they make their way up the stairs. As her bedroom door comes into sight Jack stops.

"Are you sure about this?" he asks hoping that she is sure.

"As sure as I can be. I don't care about the regulations anymore. All I care about is that I want to be with you and have been for a long time," she kisses him.

"I could care less about the regulations. If I have to I'll retire so that we can be together," he tells her.

"I don't want you to retire, but I do want us to be together. We'll find a way around regulations," Sam wraps her arms around Jack's neck and kisses him passionately.

The next morning Carrie came out of her bedroom in her nightclothes with Cowboy following her. She looked at the time; it was going on ten in the morning. Popping some bread in the toaster she goes back to her room. Rummaging through her dresser she pulls out a white tank top, then opening her closet door she takes out a hanger with a pink shirt on it. Changing into the clothing in front of her she slips on a pair of sandals. Picking up her brush and cosmetic bag she walks to the bathroom. Applying a tad of makeup she begins to brush her hair smooth.

She groans with frustration at her hair because it's so long. Trying to think of a way she used to fix it she finally French braids it. Just as she finishes Jackson appears in the doorway.

"Morning," her awake voice hits him.

"Hi," he's still half asleep she can tell. "You're already dressed?"

"Yeah, couldn't sleep Cowboy decided it was time for me to get up," she laughs but it comes out in a teenage girl's giggle.

"Ditto, I woke up to a kitten clawing my chest," he pauses and then continues. "You mind." He tilts his head towards the door.

"Sorry," she grabs her things and leaves. "I'm going to take Cowboy outside okay?"

"'Kay," he says through the closed door.

When Carrie gets back up into Jackson is dressed as well and eating a bowl of cereal in front of the TV.

"Your toast burned so I put some more in for you," he told her not even looking at her too transfixed on the television.

"Thanks," she walks to the kitchen and comes back with some juice and a plate with toast. "I was going to go out and get some things for school. Did you want to come or want me to get two of each?"

"I'll come, but I was thinking about seeing if there is an Army-Navy Store here in Denver. Could get a backpack there, they're made much better," he tells her.

"Should have asked Hammond if we could get two from the base. I know that those can take anything," she bites into her toast.

"Yep, from carrying rocks to getting thrown into an iceberg," he refers their trip to Antarctica. "Whenever you're ready, I'm going to go find a phone book. We have one?"

"No, but the landlord lady would have one," she suggests.

"All right, well I'll be back in a few," he sets his bowl on the coffee table and leaves the apartment.

That morning Jack and Sam woke up and saw that they had half and hour til they were suppose to be at the base. Lucky for them that the telephone was ringing.

"Carter," Sam's voice filled with sleep.

"Sam, you know where Jack is? He isn't answering and I've been trying to reach him and you for an hours. Hammond called an emergency briefing. You both really need to get here," Daniel raves.

"Slow down Daniel. You're the one who's been calling all morning? What's wrong?" she tries to calm him.

"Yes, and I'm not allowed to tell you over the phone, but just try and get hold of Jack and get here ASAP!" he then hangs up and Sam slams the phone down.

"We got to go, something's up on base. Don't know what, Daniel wouldn't say what though. And he's been trying hold of us for an hour," Sam throws the cover back and goes to her dresser.

"Did he even hint at anything?" Jack got up and pulled his clothes on.

Talking as she dresses in fatigues she says, "Nope, just that Hammond has called an emergency briefing."

"That's not good. You want to ride up together?" Jack is now dressed and heading to the door.

"Uh, I'll take my car, that way there won't be gossip going around about us," she smiles slily.

"All right then I'm going to head up. I'll see you when you get there," he pulls her close for a kiss just before he leaves.

The two barely made it to the base on time and were sitting down before Sam's dad and two other Tokra. Sam had asked what was going on but was told that she'd find out soon enough. General Hammond entered the room and the briefing began.

"As everyone except Major Carter and Colonel O'Neill why we are here, Jacob will you explain?" Hammond sits down as Jacob stands.

"Two days ago Sg-6 and a Tokra member went missing. The Tokra and only three of those on Sg-6 came back and told us that the rest of the team, which is two other members where killed," Jacob beings to bow his head not wanting to tell the rest.

"And why were they killed?" Jack pressed him on.

"Because their captures wanted to know where the clones were. Unfortunately for the two team members had not known anything about the clones and were killed because of it. The others had a mind device used on them; the information wasn't voluntary. The Tokra believe that some how there is a rogue NID agent working between the captor and Earth. I say NID because the Tokra that was captured heard something about NID. Putting two and two together we now thin it was an agent. We don't know what the importance the clones are to them, but we need to find out what it is," Jacob finishes and sits down again.

"Thank you," Hammond motions to Daniel to take the floor.

"Since General Carter arrived early this morning and explained all this to us. I have been given clearance to check out every single NID agent to find who it is we are looking for," Daniel begins. "A load of us has gone through all of them in less that eight hours. There is nothing in any of them that might lead us to suspect any of them. So basically, all we can do is wait."

"Come on, you're tell me that we wait until something happens and they could possibly get hurt?" Sam exclaimed sitting forward.

"Are you crazy? We have to have someone watch them," Jack added to Sam's comment.

"We've already arranged that," Hammond explains. "The person is someone close by, and no one would ever suspect them."

"Who?" Sam wonders.

"Only, Jacob and I can know, well of the ones here," Hammond tells her. "But don't worry, this person is one of the best agents the government has." He assures them.

"So, are we going to find out why they are so important?" Jack gives up arguing.

"Yes, that's the other reason why this briefing was called. The Tokra here with us today, and SG-1 will go to the planet of P4X-259. This is where the captured Tokra said was where they were taken. There is a Gould ship stationed there on the planet and they are stocking up on supplies. The Tokra have a small ship waiting just outside the planet observing what is going on. All of you will go there and learn what is going on. Hopefully. You will have forty-eight hours there and if there is still nothing return to the Tokra ship and return to the SGC," Hammond explains to them.

"So, this is a pointless mission," Jack mumbles.

"Not for the clones, Jack," Jacob comments with his eyes closed and arms crossed.

Jack looked up at Jacob, then to Hammond. "When do we leave?"

"In an hour, so go get ready Sg-1. Please bring something of any value back," Hammond stands up again. "Dismissed."

Everyone begins getting up and one by one leaving the room. Sg-1 all went down to their own locker room and changed. Taking what they would need later they all went their separate ways. Jack and Teal'c went to the commissary to find something to eat. Daniel to look over the NID files again. And Sam to her lab to research this planet.

Sam sat in an oversized swivel chair when she heard knock on the door. Turning around she saw her dad walking towards her. "Hi, what you up to?" she questions.

"Just got threw chatting with the Colonel, told me you're a good dancer," he sat down on a stool next to her.

"Compared to him, I'm pathetic," she laughs and her dad looks at her with a raised eyebrow. "When we were in Denver we had dinner a this restaurant what had a live jazz band. It was really nice."

"Really? Never thought Jack was a dancer," Jacob grins looking at the computer in front of Sam.

"Neither did I, but he's fantastic, his mother made him take classes when he was younger. But I don't think anyone is supposed to know so don't say anything. I guess people are supposed to think it comes naturally," Sam laughs and clicks what she has up off and begins to turn her computer off. "So, you think we're going to find anything out?"

"Truthfully, I don't know Sam," Jacob warily tells his daughter.

"Dad we can't let anything happen to those two, they are me and the Colonel, and I know what she'd think or feel if something happened to herself or Jackson. I know right now she feels like a mother-hen," Sam calmly states looking at her hands.

"I know Sam, nothing will happen to either of them. When I saw her, I saw you all over again; she is just as much a daughter to me as you are. And Jackson is just like Jack, and he's a good friend of mine. Don't worry, it'll get us no where," Jacob pats her on the arm and walks to door. "I'll see you in five minutes I guess."

Sam followed him out but didn't go the same way. She head down to Daniel's lab. She found he wasn't there she went back to the elevator. Deciding to go on up to the gate room. She was there a few minutes and Jack and her dad came in. Soon followed by Teal'c, Daniel, and the other Tokra. All of Sg-1 strapping on their gear or checking that it was on tight.

The gate began to dial up and the tech in the control room called out the chevrons that engaged. Then finally the seventh was locked. Hammond leaned down to the microphone and spoke.

"You have a go. Come back in one piece," Hammond told them.

Teal'c and the Tokra went through first, then Daniel, and finally Sam and Jack walked up the ramp. Jack gave Hammond a faint wave before stepping through. Sam was right behind him. Exiting the gate she ran right into Daniel who stopped just on the other side of the gate.

"Okay, so where is this ship?" Jack asked as the group made there way off the gate platform.

"About 5 miles this way," Jacob pointed to west of the gate.

"All right, I was us in two groups if you will, Jake you can divide your people how you please. But I want Daniel and Teal'c together, Carter you're with me," Jack ordered and Daniel walked over to where Teal'c was.

"You too, with Teal'c and Dr. Jackson, I'm with these two," Jacob told the other Tokra. "Okay, lets move out before we have any unexpected visitors."

"Teal'c I want you 30 meters to the left of us, got it?" Jack questioned his friend.

Teal'c nodded and they were on their way. Entering the woods and quietly making their way through. There were no problems until Jack's team came to a swap.

"Daniel, you having any problems?" Jack spoke into his radio.

"No, why?" Daniel returns.

"Swap, were okay...I take that back. We're stuck...Hold your horses Carter, I'm coming. One moment Daniel," Jack leans down and pulls his legs out of the mud. One pull after another he made his way back to Sam.

"Jack," Jacob comes back to meet them. "What's taking so long?"

"Carter and I are having a bit of a problem. Mud doesn't like us like you," Jack grads hold of Sam's arms and pulls.

"Jack you're going to fall splat...doing that," Jacob watches as Jack pulls himself and his daughter down in the mud. "Lets go, just walk right where I am." He gives Sam a hand.

"Thanks, oh look at that, thank you Colonel, kept me from getting too muddy," she laughs and helps the Colonel up.

"Yeah, no problem. Sam you forgot this," Jack smeared mud in her face.

"Ghee, thanks," Sam wipes her face on her sleeve.

"No problem, gives you some color," Jack teases her.

"Please," Jacob rolled his eyes and the other two look at him. "Would you two stop playing games around the regulations already!"

"Dad?" Sam looked at him like he'd gone mad.

"Don't dad me, I know that you both care about each other. The most ignorant person ever could see it. Good grief, this is totally not was I should saying being your dad Sam. But God just sleep together then at least everyone else doesn't have to trying to get you two to realize that you have something special," Jacob exclaimed then turned around and walked away.

"Well, I guess you should stop trying," Sam laughs and follows her dad.

"The deed was done Jake," Jack added and laughed himself.

"What?" Jacob stops in his tracks and looks back at the two.

"That damn phone wouldn't stop ringing this morning," Jack told Jacob with a smile.

To be continued...

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Dani