Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Double Trouble-Part 1

by Dani
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Double Trouble-Part 1

Double Trouble-Part 1

by Dani

Summary: What would happen if along with a cloned Jack there was a cloned Sam?
Category: Action/Adventure, Romance, Series, Other
Season: future Season
Pairing: Jack/Sam
Rating: PG-13
Warnings: minor language
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 07/21/03

Double Trouble-Part 1

Dr. Jackson walked swiftly down to where General Hammond had asked him to come to. A young airman guarded the room, and as the doctor approached the airman opened the door. Entering room expecting to see the intruders as much older adults. Instead there sat two teenagers! A boy and girl, both about 15 years of age were sitting there in front of him.

"General...?" Dr. Jackson's voice trailed off in pure astonishment.

"Dr. Jackson, these children insist that they are Colonel O'Neill, and Major Carter," General Hammond offers an explanation.

Jackson, who remains confused, quizzes the two to discover whether or not these two are who they say they are. "All right, well...if you are in fact Sam and Jack then tell me something that only you and I would know."

The pair appears to think for a few seconds. Soon the girl opens her mouth and begins to speak. Quickly she became apprehensive and thought otherwise. "Well, I have something in mind, but it's rather personal on your part and I think it best to tell you privately. Because you'd kill me if either of them," she pauses and points to the General and boy. "Knew."

"Fine, whisper it to me," Daniel reluctantly says and takes a step towards the girl.

Daniel leans down and she stands on tiptoes, cupping a hand to block a drifting voice. She whispers something to him that made his eyes go wide and jerk straight up and down. Intently staring at her in disbelief. Finally, turning towards the General slightly tilts his head.

"What about you?" Hammond faces the boy.

"I'm thinking, hold your horses," the boy retorts in a rude manner. "Okay, you missed your granddaughters school play a few years back. Turn a blind eye to many things, nothing in particular. And you Danny-boy, your nickname from me is Space-Monkey. Plus, you keep a gun in a rather large vase right next to the inside part of you bedroom door. Is that enough belief?"

"Yep," both the General and Dr. Jackson remarked simultaneously.

Well, the confirmed Sam's and Jack's reactions were duplicate, a bad case of eye rolling. General Hammond sent the two to the infirmary, escorted by the guard outside the room. Sam sat on an examining bed swinging her feet while waiting for Dr. Frazier to come back, to finish her examination. Jack too sat across from Sam, though he had laid back on the bed, with his arms behind head.

"So, how old you think we are?" Jack inquires while glancing over at Sam.

"Oh, from the looks of me, maybe fourteen or fifteen...Wait, I know exactly how to figure out how old," Carter bursts out and jumps off the bed and turns her back towards Jack. Having a regular shirt on, she lifts the hem and reaches around an area. "Right after I turned fourteen, I was in a car accident with a friend and her dad. From it I acquired a scar. See a piece of the back windshield cut the right side of my back. I can't tell if it's there or not."

Jacks eyes roamed a small area until they found a scar; it was about an inch long. "It's there, so you're fourteen at least. There a way to prove younger than fifteen?" he confirms there scar.

"Yes, I was bit by a snake on a camping trip when I was sixteen, so..." she bends down, pulls up her right pants leg and reveals a scar less leg. "And as a present when I turned fifteen I had my appendix removed." Once again turning around, she pulled the front of her pants down just a bit, and of course there was a scar.

"Well, as far a we know you're fifteen. My turn," Jack states and begins to think. "Fifteen, busted my chin open during hockey. Sixteen vaccine shot that caused a scar." Lifting his sleeve, there was no scar in eyesight. Feeling around underneath his chin, Sam watching and spotting a scar just before his fingers grazed over it.

"Well, we're the same age, sir," Carter mumbles.

"Hey, it's Jack, you know how weird it is us both looking so young and you calling me sir?" he exclaims in an uneasy voice.

"Sorry," she apologizes. Returning to her bed, she has to jump just to get back up. Jack shakes his head. "Yea I know I'm pathetic. I didn't reach the height I am now...well supposed to be; until I was almost sixteen."

"Yea, well, I still have a couple years yet," he quips annoyed. "At least we're able to see over a counter."

At this she laughs and also lies back on the bed. They fell into silence and finally ten minutes later Frazier comes over and sets a chart on Jack's bed. Looking over Sam's chart again she sets down on her bed as well. General Hammond and Daniel walked up a few minutes later.

"So doc how long I got?" Jack joked as he sat up right.

"Well, General, they are the Major and Colonel. Their DNA is the same except from a small abnormality," the doctor discloses.

"The age difference?" Daniel wonders crossing his arms on his chest.

"I don't know, this sort of thing is out of my league," she admits. "I don't know how they got this way, or how to get them back. Both claim to not remember anything except waking up the way they were."

"So, what do we do? Wait?" the General asks in his I-have-no-patience voice.

"Well, sir, yes," Frazier mumbles and walks off.

"This is just great, I'm stuck here in a body of a fifteen year old!" Jack bellows in utter annoyance.

Sam, who had been sitting up once more, lies back, and rolled over on her side. Usually she would jump at the situation to work it out, now felt completely helpless.

The next day Jack, Sam, Daniel, and Teal'c rode to Jack's house where he remembered last being an adult. Walking in the front door and entering the dinning room there is food covering the table. Teal'c inquires about the science experiment in the fridge. Soon they're in the bedroom looking around to see if they could uncover anything.

Taking a step under the light, Jack had a flashback When it ended he looked around at the other three. "I think that last night, Carter and I had a little visit from the Asguard."

Going back to the SGC, the flashback was shared with the general and Dr. Frazier. The doctor did some more tests on the two, and found an unnerving result. On her way to see the general she ran into the young Sam in the corridor.

"Hey Janet, so you get the test results back yet?" Sam questions her doctor.

"Yes, Sam, I have bad news for you," she builds up Sam's fear.

"What, it can't be too bad, can't it?" Sam says in a worried voice.

"Sam, the abnormality was examined further, and it has been concluded that you and Colonel O'Neill will die if we do not find a way to return you both to your correct age," Janet lowers the boom.

Sam's face freezes in disbelief. "What are we going to do?"

"I'm going to see if we can contact the Tokra, maybe they'll know what to do. Or could help any," Janet tries to calm her by setting her hand on the side of Sam's arms.

Sam squirms away, out of reach. Running off down the corridor, out of sight. Janet thought it best to leave her and proceed toward the general's office.

Not knowing where to go, she slowed to a walk before reaching the elevator. Blindly pressing a floor number she waited until it stopped. One leg in front of the other her pace quickened and just as soon slowed down; only to come to a halt at the end of the hall. Finally realizing where she wanted to go, she made a B-line straight for her quarters. Finding some clothes that fit she changed and rummaged around her room for her keys. Spotting them on the floor in front of the night she reached down for them.

Tossing the keys to the bed, she turned to the mirror and fixed her hair so that she looked a bit more like she should normally. Picking up her bag she head for the surface. Searching for her car, she found it, got in, and turns the key in the ignition. Although she looked like a fifteen year old she had the mentality and driving skills of a thirty-five year old. Pulling up to the gate, she slows down and holds out her pass, and turns her head so that the guard could only see her blonde hair.

"Have a good evening ma'am," he tells her and allows her to pass through the gates.

En route to the I-25, she stops along the way at a gas station. Buying some gas, and then pulling her car over to the dinner across the road. She orders a cup of coffee and that was it. While waiting for it to arrive she places her face in her hands. Soon enough the waitress returns with her coffee.

"What's wrong dear?" the older woman asks.

"Nothing, I'm fine, just really needing this," Sam replies in a sleepy voice.

"You're awful young to be drinking coffee and out at this hour," the waitress wipes at the counter.

"I'm older than I look," Sam states truthfully.

"You can't be a day over sixteen," she tells Sam.

"I'm seventeen. I live with my dad; he's a general in the Air Force. Out of the country right now. So, his friend is looking after me while he's abroad," Sam lies, taking a sip of her coffee.

"What's you're dad's friends name? Must be a good friend to watch after a teenager. No offense but I have three teens myself and they're a handful," the woman laughs and sets down the rag she had. "So, what's this friend's name?"

Sam looked up and smiled, "I may be a kid, but I'm not dumb. I know that as soon as I gave you his name, you'd look his number up and call him. But even if you did that he's working, his wife is away at their daughters, so you'd get no one. And there's no way you'd get him at work." Carter tries not to sound rude but know that she does. "I'm sorry, I'm just tired, and I've been up for hours."

"It's all right. Why don't you go back to the place you're staying?" she sounds worried about Sam.

"I can't, not right now, just need some time by myself. But I promise I'll go back in a few hours," with that said, Sam pulled some money out of her bag and headed out to her car.

Starting the car up, she looked at the time. It was 12:46 in the morning. She knew where she was going, her great-grandmother's cottage in Crested Butte. It were her greatgrandparents were buried, and so were her grandparents. Though, not on her father's side, but her mothers.

She knew that the SGC would be contacting her father, and that not even he would know where she'd be. Teal'c, Daniel, Hammond, and even Janet wouldn't know. Jack knew about the cabin, and that it had been in her family, but her mother's brother, Carl, had sold it after her mother had died. She was the only one who was stopping him from doing it sooner. Hopefully, the colonel wouldn't remember, and if he did, maybe he wouldn't say anything.

Back at the SGC Janet had gone and told Hammond about the results to the tests. He sent Daniel to contact the Tokra. Also sending Dr. Frazier to tell the colonel the bad news. Explaining it to him, he made her cut to the chase. The word shell-shocked was the exact word. After Frazier had left he went out in search of Carter. Knowing that she knew he wanted to know how she took it. Finding her nowhere on base, he 'made' Teal'c call the guard at the front gate. Making Teal'c because he had a 'grown up' voice.

"This is Teal'c, I am inquiring whether or not Major Carter has exited the gate," Teal'c stated into the phone. "She has? When...around 2500hr? Why did you not hinder her exit? Major Carter is not herself." With that he hung the phone up.

Jack then ran to his quarters and grabbed his cell phone and some money. Soon the intercom came to his ears and the general's voice boomed for him to come to his office. Ignoring the order he casually walked to the nearest shaft that would take him to the surface. Making his way to ground level his mind was reeling on where she would go. Never having had her react like this before he knew not where she was headed. Once he reached the surface he dial Carter's cell phone number. There was no answer, so keeping it to his ear he let it ring.

"Please, Carter, pick up," he whispered into the dead phone. Suddenly there was a dim sound, but no voice. "Carter, come on, I know you know, and I know as well. I'm not going to tell you to come back. Hell, I'm not even at the SGC anymore. At the mountain and making my way down."

"Why didn't you take your truck?" she finally spoke. "Do you need a ride?"

"Because the guards at the gate now know that you're gone, and there's no chance in hell they'd let me out...by the way. How did you get out?" he just now wonders.

"Turned my head and only let them see my hair. Idiots bought it," she laughs and continues. "So, again, do you need a ride?"

"Where are you?" he asks, just as he trips on the mountainside.

"Almost to Pueblo, I was going to come back anyways so, if you want me to turn back, I don't mind," she tells him as she merges over to catch the next exit.

"That's almost an hour away, it's your choice. Where you going anyways?" Jack's phone begins to cut out, so he moved to the left some.

"Crested Butte," she answers and pulls off to turn around.

"Oh, your great-grandparents place," he remembers, she had only talked about it twice, and that was when mentioned his cabin.

"Yes," she says. "Why don't you try and get a ride to this dinner called 24/7. I was there earlier and I think it'd help the waitress to know that I haven't gone anywhere. She was concerned." Continuing to give him directions, he memorized them and soon they hung up because his battery was dying.

Forty-five minutes later there they both were sitting in a booth at the dinner. The waitress was still there and served them coffee.

"So, who's your friend doll? And mentioning that, what's your name?" she pours them both some coffee.

Carter thought for two seconds and decided not to give her real name. "I'm Carrie Samuels and this is my friend..." And Jack cut her off.

"Jackson Bradley," Jack fibs, and looks at Sam who smiles at the waitress.

"So what are you out at this hour as well?" the woman pries.

"Well, Carrie phoned me and asked me to meet her here. We're kind of in a bind with the General and need to talk things out," Jack fibs again and takes a drink of his coffee.

"Oh," the woman replies, realizing that that's her cue to leave. Walking off behind Jack she glances back at the pair.

"So, Carrie, how'd you come up with that?" Jack laughed finally.

"Take my last name and make it feminine, then turn my first masculine. What about you? I got the Jackson, but the Bradley?" Sam muses, sipping her coffee.

"It's my mom's maiden name," he says and she nods.

After about thirty minutes Sam had moved to lean against the wall connected to the booth. Jack was propping himself up on his elbows. Deciding that they needed rest and didn't want to go back to the base, and knew that their homes would be watched. They got in Sam's car and drove until they came to a hotel; thank goodness it was a nice one, Holiday Inn. Sam went in and paid for a room but only one room was available with only one bed. So she took it and they found the room, opened the door. Jack sat down on the edge of the bed, and took his shoes off, and then his shirt. Getting under the covers Sam pulled her jacket, and shoes off. Following suit she made herself comfortable in the bed.

The next morning, they woke up about 1000hr. Sam phoned the base and spoke to the general and her dad. He was more pissed than the general! Telling them they would be at the base within the hour Sam checked out and the two headed for the mountain.

"Samantha Carter do you have any idea how stupid it was to just take off like that? No one knowing where you are? Now if you were yourself it'd be disrespectful, but this could have caused a breech in security here!" Jacob scolded his daughter.

"Actually I knew where she was and I wasn't with her the whole time," Jack butts in.

"You're on thin ice as well Colonel. Accompanying her to God knows where was irresponsible of you...both," Jacob scorns Jack along with Sam.

"Dad, I was headed to Crested Butte for your information, and I only got to Pueblo when I turned around to pick the Colonel up. We were falling asleep at a dinner, so we got a room. Before you ask, no, nothing happened. We knew that our houses would be watched and still didn't want to come back yet," Sam confesses and her father looks at her in amazement for her honesty.

"Crested Butte? Why would you...Oh," Jacob slowly remembers.

"Can we just get back to the task at hand please? I was a cute kid and all, but I'd like to have my adult form back," Sam pleads standing up and walking around, frustrated.

"Sam, we've got bad news, the Tokra can not do anything. We know nothing about this type of thing," Jacob tells his daughter and the Colonel. "But there is an alternative to preventing death."

"Wild guess, become a host," Jack throws out in the open.

Jacob looks at the floor to advert his eyes from the two teens. "Yea, Jack. I know you don't like the concept of having a symbiote, but it's the only way we know of that'll keep you alive."

"Dad, are you sure that we're stuck this way? Because no offense, the Tokra are great, but I'd rather live as a normal 35 year old here on Earth," Sam professes, going back to her chair next to the Colonel. "Selmak, please don't think I'm being rude, but I'd rather not."

The Colonel sides with her. "General, could you give us five minutes?" Jack inquires.

"Colonel, you can have ten," Hammond says kindly.

Jack tilted his head in the direction of the door. Standing up he strode towards the exit, Carter followed. Jacob watched as his daughter's blonde hair bobbed up and down as she swiftly trailed her commanding officer.

Inside Jacob's mind Selmak spoke to him. "They are not coming back." It was then Selmak took control of Jacob's body. "General Hammond, Colonel O'Neill, and Major Carter are not coming back," Selmak, states in a matter-of-fact voice.

"What are you talking about?" Hammond raises a question his eyebrows rising.

"I tell the truth, General," Selmak replies turning to the door and leaving.

Hammond reached for the nearest telephone and had him connected to the front gate and said them to not allow O'Neill, and Carter to exit the base. Then he sounded the alarms and had everyone searching for the two.

After Carter and Jack left he grabbed her forearm and pulled her behind him as they made a pathway to the elevator. Just as they were in and the doors were closing, the alarm switched on and guards were swarming the corridor. None noticed the two in the lift. Jabbing a finger at a floor. Looking at which level they would go to, it was the level with all the female personnel quarters were placed. As it came to a stop and stepping off they ran for Sam's quarters. Closing the door she locked it and together they shoved her dresser in front of it as a blockade.

"What are we doing here? They'll come check here you know. We've trapped ourselves here," Sam rashly exclaims.

"No, actually they won't, they'll think we escaped. They'd think we're smarter than to hide out in your quarters. Think about it Sam," it took two seconds for Jack to realize he had called her Sam instead of Carter.

"Too true...so, what do we do until they give up and find that is their last resort?" Sam opens a draw to her dresser.

Watching her then speaking. "Well, if you have no problem with it, I'm going to just chill here on your bed," Jack then hops on the bed and moves the pillows around as to get settled.

"No problem what so ever. I'm going to try and bathe. I have a toilet and sink but no tub; so it'll be complicated. Since there are less female quarters, a few of us talked Hammond into remodeling and installing at least a half bath," Sam explains as she steps off in a side room.

"Yea, you girls are lucky then. We boys have to suffer with flashing our backsides in the showers to all that's there," Jack calls and laughter can be heard as it comes through the door.

"Been there, done that. Remember us girls have to share the locker room as well," she cracks the door open so that they can talk without shouting.

He watches the door open and water flowing into the sink. "So, what are we gonna do if there really isn't a way to get back to our...selves?" Jack wonders aloud.

Popping only her head out the door, she states. "Come hell or high water, we will go back to the way we were, and there is no way we are going to die. The other night when I ran out on Janet after finding out, it was childish of me. Maybe the look is rubbing off on me." Returning back into the toilet room she moves the door closed a bit more.

"Yea, well like you said back up there in the briefing, you are cute," he mumbles as he stands up and walks to the shelf.

"What'd you say?" Sam asked turning off the water.

"Nothing," he throws back. Looking at the books on the shelves and spotting a shelf with nothing but pictures and nick-knacks. There was a picture of a little girl and a woman. Then there was her niece and nephew. And a separate one of her and Jacob; her bending down behind him while he sat at Jack's dinning room table. Jack had taken it one of the times Jacob was visiting. Then a forth one of Sg-1 with Janet, Cassie, and Hammond. All had different frames, all sort of personalized to the groups in the photos. Jack smiled and paces back and forth.

"So, you like the pictures too, eh?" her voice fills his ears from the other side of the room.

"Is this you and your mom?" he picks up the frame. She nods and he continues. "You're a spitting image of her now...as yourself."

"I know, only difference is that I made it past 34 years old," she smiles and takes the frame away. Setting it back in its place she opens a draw to the desk next to the shelf. It had what looked like an album. "This has pictures from my whole life. I keep it here because it has ones about the stuff at the base...I can develop my own film. Don't want people putting two and two together."

"So, am I gonna get to see it, never knew you had this. Well, I don't know a lot of stuff about you," Jack lifts the album out of the draw. "Why don't you tell me about your interesting life that led up to now."

"Alright, there's a story behind everything is there not? And I promise not to bore you," she laughs and takes the book back and walks to the bed.

As she had said there was a story behind every photo. Jack thought the both of them had had a rough life. Her mother died when she was young, and his father died when he was young. Neither being completely committed to a relationship, and life went on. It took about an hour to explain everything that led up to present day. By the time she finished he knew that she used to hate the color pink, but now liked it. That she grew up long before her time.

Soon they two fell asleep. The Colonel was the first to awake, so he stood up and stretched. Looking at the time, he'd only been asleep for about two hours. So it was now 2:11pm. He looked down at Sam, who was beginning to stir. Walking to the door, he pushed the dresser out of the way. Opening it just a smig he peeked out. The alarms were off, and there was no one in sight. Shutting the door and going to Sam's side of the bed, he kneeled down and shook her arm. Slowly she began to open her eyes.

"What's wrong?" her voice was sluggish.

"There's no one in the corridor if you want to make a break for it," Jack offered a suggestion.

"Where would we go?" she begins to sit up, throwing her legs over the side of the bed. "What are we doing here in the first place?"

"Well, neither of us wanted to become a host, that's the only way we know of that'll keep us alive. I figured since we didn't have long, we should get out of the mountain. That's why now it's clear we could possibly do so," Jack put into other words.

"So what are we going to do 'if' we get out of here?" she asks in a curious voice.

To be continued....

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Dani