Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Double Trouble- Part 2

by Dani
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Double Trouble- Part 2

Double Trouble- Part 2

by Dani

Summary: After the clones are 'fixed' what next?
Category: Action/Adventure, Romance, Series, Other
Season: future Season
Pairing: Jack/Sam
Rating: PG-13
Warnings: minor language
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 07/21/03

Double Trouble-Part 2

"I don't know, but come on while we have a chance. If we don't get out we'll just refuse the symbiote," Jack says going to the door. Realizing that she isn't behind him, he turns around. "You coming?"

"Yea," Sam stands up and comes to stand behind him. "Jack, I was thinking. You said that you think the Asguard did this to us. Do you think it could be un-done?"

Turning the door handle and looking out to see if the coast was clear. "What do you mean?" he steps out and she does the same.

"Say we were doing the same thing, at the same time from the last we remember before we changed. Maybe the Asguard would think they hadn't done anything and change us again, but this time back," Sam proposes thinking about where she was last she remembered.

"So, all I'd have to do is lay in bed say 11pm and I'd change back?" he whispers gradually walking down the hall.

"Yes, and I'd have to have the Hallmark Channel on with a half eaten sandwich and beer while laying on my couch," Sam states in a quiet voice following him.

"Well, then should we even try to leave or tell the general about this?" Jack stops in midstep.

"It's up to you, but it'd help if we had help from Teal'c and Daniel at least. So, yea lets tell the general," as she says this they turn around and stride toward the elevator. Just as they reach it Dr. Frazier steps out and looks at them in surprise.

"Have you been on base the whole time?" she cries.

"Yes, knew you'd think we left," Jack impolitely says.

The doctor rolls her eyes. "Come on the general wants to see you," Janet backs up into the elevator.

"So, you find anything out," Sam quizzes Janet.

"Uh, yes actually," Janet responds and sees the two's expressions. "Well, see Selmak asked to see both of your DNA results along with your ones prior to the change. He recognized the abnormality."

"Janet, please don't make us sweat this whole dying thing any longer," Sam pleads shaking her head while leaning on the wall of the elevator.

"I hate to have to tell you this, but you're not you...you're both clones of yourselves," Janet proclaimed and saw Jack's face drop and Sam's turn to utter bewilderment.

"So, the Asguard do have us," Sam mumbles to herself. "Jack, I was right. If we go back to our positions that night then maybe ourselves will come back."

"And what will 'we' do. The real us will remain living our lives. If the Asguard can not fix us then we'll die," Jack reminds Sam and she takes a deep breath.

"Does it matter what happens to us? If we don't go see the Asguard then there's no way we can stay alive," Sam points out.

"Well then, lets go for this position thing," he chances as the doors open.

The General had been walking towards the elevator anyways, and spotted the trio when the doors opened. "Dr. Fraizer, you found them?"

"No, I was going to my quarters because I am off duty and they we getting on the elevator as I was going to get off," she clarifies moving her hands gesturing.

It took only a short time to illustrate Sam and Jack's plan. Hammond went for it and ordered Daniel and Teal'c to accompany them. Teal'c would keep watch outside Jack's house, and Daniel outside Sam's. At 10:15pm the pairs took off in different cars with radios to stay in contact with each other.

Sam went into her bedroom and changed into the blue nightshirt and gray robe she had on seven nights ago. Going to the kitchen she pulls a beer out and makes a sandwich.

Picking up the radio she says, "Daniel?"

"Yea, Sam?" Daniel's muffled radio sounding voice came.

"You hungry? I can make you a sandwich and run it out to you real quick," she asks.

"Thanks, but that's all right I had some tuna from the commissary around six," Daniel echoes.

"Well, then I'm gonna finish up in here," Sam says and takes out a beer and strolls into her living room then flops down on the couch.

Picking up the remote she flips to the Hallmark Channel. Eating the sandwich down to half of it, and drink all the contents of the beer bottle.

"Carter, anything happen yet?" Jack's voice came through to her radio.

"Not yet, sir. How bout you?" she returns.

"Nada, hopefully soon cuz the anticipation is killing me to know if we get to live or die," he answers while lying on his bed with a magazine in hand.

"Alright well, let us know if something hap..." her voice is cut off and a light comes from her front window.

Daniel sees this and runs to her front door. Teal'c also notices her voice cut off and a light from Jack's bedroom window and heads in the direction of the door. The older Sam lay there on the sofa looking at Daniel as if saying 'what are you doing here?' And Jack lay there sound asleep. Teal'c walked over and shook him awake.

"Why are you here?" Sam confronts Daniel as she stood up.

"Um, you don't remember?" he examines her memory, she shakes her head no. "Teal'c, Sam doesn't remember, I'm betting that Jack doesn't either."

"I concur Daniel Jackson, O'Neill is sitting here starring at me," Teal'c responds at once.

Seconds later there was another flash of light and Daniel and Sam were gone. About a minute later so were Teal'c and Jack. In the Asguard's ship there stood Duplicate Sam and Jack. The actually Carter and O'Neill went to their clones and stared at them, then glanced around.

"Hey, you're me, a younger me, but me," Jack is utterly confused and is about to gab his clone with his index finger.

Dupl. Sam pushes it away and says, "No, shit Sherlock."

"Lovely vocabulary," Sam laughs at her clone.

Dupl. Jack pats dupl. Sam on the back and tells themselves, "She's taking lessons."

"What...uh...is going on?" Jack stutters looking around once more. His eyes stopping when he saw what Carter were in (the blue nightshirt which was a camisole, and the short gray robe).

She, duplicate Sam saw his eyes and laughed. "Oh my God," she said in her teenager sounding voice.

Duplicate Jack look at her funny and then he realized what 'he' was doing. Checking Carter out! Knowing that duplicate Carter had seen this he turned around and walked away. To not show the humiliation his self was causing him.

Daniel begins to explain first. "You see, one of the Asguard kidnapped you cloned you only your clone wasn't right and was made much younger as you can see. Now we've figured out how to get you back now we have to have this Asguard fix your duplicates or they will die," he finishes and by now duplicate Sam has walked away as well, to find dupl. Jack.

"How long were our clones there?" Sam inquires her eyes trailing off in the direction to where her self had gone.

"Seven days," Daniel answers.

"Wow," Sam drawls her robe closed and knots the ties.

"Rewind, our clones are going to die? We can't let that happen," Jack finally says.

"We know, now lets find this Asguard," Daniel mentions and looks around.

Walking around the corner they sees that there stood the dupl. Sam and Jack with the Asguard. They had woken him up and were talking to him.

"Hey, why the hell did you kidnap us and clone us and try and kill off our clones?" Jack calls out to the Asguard.

"I did not intend to kidnap the female, I do not understand why she was cloned as well. I was merely trying to discover means to clone with out having the clones die. After I returned you to your regular lives the clones would have stayed here," the alien calmly states.

"And do what die?!?!" dupl. Carter vociferously claims.

"As of now there is no need to keep the clones. All clones from the past have died as well," the alien, acknowledges her question. "Before I was dismissed from the cloning research team I left the Asguard and began my own research." At this dupl. Jack walks away not wanting her more.

"Dismissed, what do you mean dismissed?" Jack gives the third degree in an intense voice.

"The High Council did not see my research fit for human clones. I refused to end my research and was dismissed," the Asguard states in his shrill voice.

"Beg your pardon, but you mean you aren't supposed to be conducting further research?" Sam accuses him of being solipsistic.

"For crying our loud...Carter go send a signal for Thor to get his scrawny ass over here and fix them," Jack orders and walks away from the Asguard to find his self.

"The signal is sent, sir. He should be here soon," Sam tells her CO and walks around from the console.

Turning around to go back to where the Asguard was as they rounded the corner they saw dupl. Sam leaning against the wall breathing heavily. Dupl. Jack was doubled over as if hurting. The actual Sam and Jack rushed to themselves to make sure they were all right. It took a few seconds before they began to feel fine again.

After 5 minutes of speaking with the Asguard a bluish-white light filled a certain area of the ship and there appeared Thor.

"Well, it's about time," Jack exclaims. "This Asguard here cloned Carter and myself. Thing is our clones are dying."

"I can not believe you. You are not to try your experiments on humans, or at all. You will be punished for this," Thor speaks to the other Asguard. Turning to the humans. "He believed that you, O'Neill, are the one. But as you can tell you are not. And I apologize to you and Major Carter. I do not understand why he cloned you."

"Yay, I feel so loved," the two Sam's say at the same time, then looking at each other.

"So, what about us?" dupl. Jack asks in a low voice.

"Yea, I kind of don't want to die," dupl. Sam lets out her voice sounding like a scared child.

"I will repair the damage he has done, and you may do as you please," Thor informs the two.

It was three days later now and the duplicates had decided what to do after leaving the SGC, though they had not told anyone yet. They were also given new names, thought they made them up. The ones they gave to the waitress a few days ago. Sam was now Carrie Samuels, and Jack was Jackson O'Connell. It was becoming too troublesome to use the same exact name on two people.

"So, Carrie what you going to be doing with the rest of your life?" Sam inquire sitting down at the lunch table with herself.

"Well, I've decided to attend high school again. I'm going to go back, try to get into the Academy again, but this time go into law. The Air Force has set it up so that I can attend a high school in Denver. I'll be given a check each month to live on, a car, and a two bedroom apartment," Carrie announces and takes a bite of her sandwich.

"Two bedrooms? What are you going to do with the second room?" Sam is confused.

"Jackson...good Lord that's weird," Carrie laughs and continues. "Well, both of us will be attending the same high school, so we'll share the apartment and the car. At least it's a nice one; it's a hunter green Jeep Wrangler. Jack says that he's got first dibs on it after school, because he wants to run around Denver I guess. Oh another thing, he didn't want to stay in contact with the Colonel but I talked him into it since I'm going to stay in contact," Carrie states with a smile on her face.

"That's wonderful," Sam smiles back. "I have a question."

"Shoot," Carrie says.

"You going to pursue a relationship with Jackson?" Sam wonders in a sheepish voice.

"Sam," Carrie grows deep crimson. "You know as well as I do, that they both find you attractive, I have no idea about me. But if anything does happen it'll be his choice. He's young again and has years to look for someone else. Though I wouldn't complain if he chose me over all those other drop dead gorgeous teenage girls out there."

They both laughed at this, but soon sobered because the subject and the colonel had just walked in.

"Hello ladies," the Colonel politely said taking a seat next to Sam and Jackson sat down next to Carrie. "So, what are you two laughing your pretty little heads off about?"

"It's a need to know basis and you don't need to know," Carrie smiles at the Colonel.

"Fine, I may not be able to get it out of you, but you," O'Neill says and turns to Carter. "You, I can order it out of you."

"Sir, really this isn't about you so don't worry," Carter tries to end the line of subject.

"It's about me then, cuz you shut up as we came in," Jackson ponders looking to Carrie then to Carter.

"Actually it's about me, and I don't want to discuss it all right?" Carrie replies also trying to end the conversation. "So, you find the any possible furniture for the apartment. I don't care what you pick out as longs as it isn't leather or gaudy."

Carter and O'Neill laugh at this. Jackson shrugged and went on to say, "Nah, decided to let you pick it. All I want to pick out is one chair, and I've picked it already. Great recliner. I...Jack got one bout a month ago, and I want that one too."

"Fine, then we'll have the couch with the pink flowers," Carrie sarcastically pranks.

"Over my dead body," Jackson said looking over at her.

"Oh, don't worry, I wouldn't be able to stand that myself. We'll find something," Carrie blew off til later.

"So, ya'll going to come down and visit or will we have to come up and visit?" Sam wonders thinking of when she could get time off.

"Actually Carter, Hammond has given you and I this Friday and next Monday to help get these two settled in. When everything is set we are to drive them up and help them move in. They've been given at $4000 limit on furniture, remember that," Jack warns.

"Yeah, yeah okay. So when can we move in up there?" Jackson asks. "No offense but I'm sure Carrie and myself are getting sick of being stuck here on base."

"Yea, would kind of like a bed of my own...softer in other words. But you know I like all there is to do here on base. And ya'll remember that if ever you need another Carter brain, I'd be happy to help, actually I'd volunteer," Carrie laughs and the others smile.

"Well, last I heard it'd be at another day til you can get into the apartment. So, maybe tomorrow we can go up and you can pick out furniture," Jack suggests looking at the two in front of him.

"What do ya say?" Jackson turns to Carrie.

"That'll be fine, but I suggest we get our furniture from Penny's and everything else from Wal-Mart. Inexpensive yet nice," Carrie replies grinning.

"I do have one question before we move in. You're not going to make up some lousy chores chart are you?" Jackson grits his teeth.

"Are you kidding? I'd not do that, but I'd expect you to help with things, you know I'm a neat-freak," Carrie rolls her eyes and Jackson smiled. Leaving the other two to roll their eyes as well.

It was a quarter til two in the afternoon as the vehicle entered Denver city limits. They'd left about eleven-thirty that morning, but stopped for lunch. Deciding to find a room for the night before anything. Once that was done they found the nearest JC Penny store and went in. It took Jackson and Carrie around two hours to pick everything out. A nice mission style bedroom set for Jackson, and a Camelot/metal type style for Carrie's room. Then Carrie found a couch that both of them liked. And Jackson found his chair, a leather recliner and Carrie let the leather part pass.

"Carrie, I've been adding this up as we go..." Jackson begins and she cuts him off.

"I know, me too. Just $40 left, but you know we're going to get a $1000 check each month for us each. And that's to show up the day we leave the mountain. So, we can get what's left from that. I'm sure we can get everything we need from $2000 a month," Carrie explains while she signed forms for the furniture.

"You know that I'd be more than happy to get you what need," Sam offered with a smile. "I know that you'll be receiving a large amount of money each month, but that has to last on food, clothing, bills, and other stuff. You can't expect to get bedding and everything with that."

They begin to walk away from the counter when Jack speaks. "I don't know bout her but I have quite a bit put away...you know we're never around to do anything with it."

"Same here, last thing major that I brought was a telephone," Carter grinned sheepishly.

"Dropped it too much," Carrie tells the others. "I know that you have loads set away. When you die who ever it's left to in your will is going to get tons!"

"I ain't planning on dying any time soon. So, you can have any of it, except all," Sam replies.

"Hate to break it to you, but we're going to have to borrow some from them. After bills, we might have a couple hundred and that's not enough to furnish the kitchen and bathroom you know," Jackson reminds Carrie.

"Fine," Carrie gives up. "But we'll pay you back."

Sam and Jack shook their heads, but smiled. Soon walking out of the store into the rest of the shopping center/mall. Wandering around talking about how they were going to handle high school again. Jackson said that he'd actually pay attention, and hopefully, with Carrie's help, be on the A/B honor roll. Carrie agreed to tutor him, but he had to agree to something, when she thought of something for him to agree to. This made the others laugh. Finding nothing of interest and turning back in the direction of their vehicle an elderly woman and her husband who were sitting on a bench commented on how the resemblance between them were uncanny. Though it was only meant for her husband to hear they group heard and smiled. Then the man told her it was probably their children. Jack and Sam just looked at each other and stifled a laughed. But Carrie did laugh.

"Shows your age Carter," Jackson nags with a smirk.

"Oh, shut up, you're...he's older than me," Sam smacked Jackson upside the head with her hand.

"Hey, what was that for?" Jackson acted as thought hurt.

"You're a twirp you know that?" Carrie giggles.

"Yeah, well, you're...you're..." He returns, but what he calls her was murmured and no one could make out.

"What?" Jack said. "Speak up."

Jackson halted in his tracks, spun around and glared at him. "Leave it," Jackson shot in an embarrassed voice, turned back and proceeded to walk.

Jack smiled, and held out his arm for the girls to continue. "No, you go on, we want to talk."

"Okay, well I guess Jackson and I can go have our own little powwow," Jack made fun of the girls by saying this in a girlie voice, then walking on.

"You know if you had us, at like 20 or so, we could pass for ya'lls kids," Carrie laughed.

"Yes, well I have an idea of what he said about you so don't say squat," Sam replied and threw an arm around Carrie's shoulders. "You know kid, we may be the same, and we may know everything about each other, except the last few days. But I'm gonna miss you when you leave the SGC."

"I know, I'm so lovable," Carrie laughed. "I'm going to miss you, and everything there. The Colonel, Daniel, Teal's, General, Janet, Cassie, and gating. It's going to be so strange, but I guess it'll be good to lead a more settled down life. You know, go back to school, college again (without the air force), marriage and kids one day."

"Yeah, well maybe one day I might have that too," Sam smiled. "And as for missing everything, you'll come back to visit. I'm expecting you for Thanksgiving you know."

Carrie looks up at Sam and smiles. She then pulls out of Sam's hold and they continue to walk on. Catching up with the guys, who were waiting outside the mall for them. Jack told the three to wait under the oning, because it was raining so he ran for his truck.

"Is anyone else hungry or is it just me?" Jackson spoke from the passenger seat up front.

"It's not just you," Carrie picked the exact moment to say that and her stomach grumbled.

"Well, where do ya'll want to go?" Jack wonders looking around for a good restaurant.

The evening sun was beginning to set which cast an orange glow over the city. Ninethirty was dawning on the pairs. Deciding to go back to the hotel. The girls were getting restless and so raked on the guy's door. Finally Jack answered the door, and the girls found two very drunk guys.

"You gave him alcohol?" Sam scolded Jack who nodded. "Why?"

"Because we felt like have a few shots, that and it'll get stuff...out in the..."Jack began to think of what he was going to say.

"Open?" Carrie finished.

"Bingo," Jackson held up an arm pointing at Carrie.

"Man, we thought maybe you'd like to go out, do something besides sitting in a hotel room and buying stuff. Catch a show or something, but I'm not going out with you being drunk. Especially him," Sam tilted her head toward Jackson. "We will arrest us for giving a minor alcohol."

"Sam, you never have any fun. If you take me out with you, I will show you the best time in your life," Jack muttered when he walked straight for Sam.

"When you're sober you can show me the best time in my life okay?" she smirks at him and patted him on the arm.

"No, no, you two go out, have fun. You need to get out Sam," Jackson said standing up.

"That's alright, we can go out tomorrow evening okay," Sam replied. She turned Jack around and led him to the bed. Pushing him down she made him lay down.

"You too, bed now, sleep it off," Carrie commanded Jackson to do. He didn't so she ended up doing the same as Sam had done.

Once the two were laying down in their beds and the lamps next to the beds turned off the guys were out like lights. The girls found Jack's truck keys and walked back to their room. They changed and left the hotel. Finally making it back to the hotel around 2:30am and falling into bed. Before they knew it the morning sun was peeking in the window and slowly they woke up. Dressing and making their way over to the guy's room. Of course they were still asleep. So, sneaking in and going to each bed. At the same moment each girl yanked at the covers only to find both had woken and stripped down to their boxers. The girls giggled and Jackson opened his eyes. Grabbing for his blanket as Carrie pulled the curtains allowing the bright sun to flood in.

"Up and at 'em Colonel," Sam said and he didn't respond. "Wakey-wakey." Still nothing, so she pinched his nose and he began to breath out of his mouth. "Good Lord!" Leaning over him she reached for the pillow next to him. Grasping it tightly lifting it and plunging it downward but Jack's arms reached up and caught hers before the pillow made contact with his face. "Playing possum I see?"

"I'm good at it ain't I?" Jack let go of her arms but her footing was good and she slipped.

Falling across him, he let out a grunt as she fell on his gut. Scrambling up quickly she apologized. "Sorry, sir."

The other two unconsciously rolled their eyes.

"Not your fault," he replied sitting up. "Listen, I'm sorry about last night, I shouldn't have give him anything, and I shouldn't have come on to you like that," he said in a whisper to Sam.

"It's alright, I shouldn't have made a fuss over him having alcohol. He's not a minor really," she whispered back.

Jackson stood up then and went into the bathroom not caring about his attire, not like he was in his birthday suit. Carrie left the room, quietly closing the door behind her.

"You know I meant what I said about going out this evening, that is if you're sober," Sam smiled backing away for the bed.

"You sure?" he asked and she nodded. "All right, that'll be nice."

"But no, Jackson or Carrie, okay?" Sam stated and he nodded. "So, what are we going to do?"

"I don't know, dinner, movie, anything you want," he smiles. "Seven o'clock okay?"

"Sure," Sam says and headed to the door.

As she closed the door, Jackson opened the bathroom door. Coming out he had a sly grin on his face.

"You got a date with Sam," Jackson taunted Jack.

"I just going to show her a good time," Jack retorted.

"I know, and I know you know that I know there's a way around regulations," Jackson reminded him.

To be continued...

Thanks and Tootles!!!

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Dani