Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Double Trouble-Part 11

by Dani
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Double Trouble-Part 11

Double Trouble-Part 11

by Dani

Summary: Sg-1 to Carrie's rescue but will they be on time?
Category: Action/Adventure, Romance, Series
Season: future Season
Pairing: Jack/Sam
Rating: PG-13
Warnings: minor language, violence
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 02/05/04

Double Trouble-Part 11 ************************************************************************ A girl laid on the cold, damp, concrete floor. There was a blanket draped over her but it barely covered her. Her hair was plastered to her face with sweat. Blood oozed from a cut on her forehead and ran down her face and dripped in her hair. Shallow breaths were inhaled and it seemed as though she would be dead before the next breath came.

Little grey mice scampered across the floor across her uneaten meals. Shivers became as normal as breathing as she slept. Suddenly a loud swishing noise came from outside the room but still far away. The girl did not budge just remained on the floor trying to get as much sleep as she could. Slits between lids of her eyes opened just enough to look around but immediately locked shut.

Clanking sounds of armor barreled down the hall and slammed against the girl's eardrums. Shooting up as quickly as a bullet she ran to the corner of the room. Having nowhere to hide she sent a prayer Heavenwards.

"There's nowhere to go you stupid girl why bother?" a man spat as he entered the holding cell.

A serpent guard filed in after him and her eyes widened. "This is her? Major Carter is supposed to be older not a child," the guard demanded from the man.

"Y.. Yes there was slight problem with both clones but she has the memory of the major and everything just like you wanted," the man tried to say his butt. "Tell him."

She looks at him like he's gone mad. She turns her back to them and slides down the wall to the floor and buries her face in her knees. A small voice came from her mouth and she felt all eyes on her but didn't look up. The guard came over to her, took her by the arm, pulled her to her feet and dragged her out of the damp cell.

It didn't seem evident where they taking her. To her it seems so far away. She had received a fever two days ago when she obtained the cut on her forehead. One of the men had thrown her down hard when they brought her back from her escape attempt. She was unconscious and sick.

Every day Carrie grew weaker and weaker. She denied the food given to her; they only provided her with a blanket. They took away the warmer clothing after her escape. Soon after being out of the cell she realized that the hallway was heated and if it weren't for the serpent guard she would have fallen on the floor long ago. Up ahead she heard an echoed voice that she recognized.

"Hathor," she stated in a whisper.

The room neared and another serpent guard announced their arrival. She was thrown to a heap on the tiled floor. Looking up she saw that the voice did not belong to Hathor but another woman. As the woman approached her Carrie tried her hardest to stare her straight in the eye.

"This is not her. You foolish men. Can not you bring me one thing I ask of?" she gave a rhetorical question. "What is your name girl?"

"My lady this is Samantha Carter," the serpent guard from before said cautiously.

"My name is Carrie Samuels the clone of Samantha Carter," Carrie tried to lifter herself of the floor.

The woman began to pull her up but Carrie shrugged her hand away. "Have it your way," she spat. "I am Sekhmut my host's body is failing. You are my new choice host."

"And if I don't want to be you're host?" Carrie knew the answer immediately.

"You have no word in the matter. I need a human host and you as a host would greatly benefit me, tactically and scientifically. Congratulations you are the top female warrior known among the humans," Sekhmut states in unpleasant voice.

"Honey you haven't met the other women in the military then," Carrie laughed and quickly regretted it. 'Ribs must have taken the brunt this time,' she thought to herself.

"Get her out of my sight," she goald sneered. "Her body is yet too weak for me."

Carrie felt the warm hands of the guards on her arms once more. They led her back to the cold room. "Home sweet home," she whimpered just as the guards left. For the first time in a long time she acknowledged the hot tears threatening to fall. And they did. Streams of salty hot tears poured down her face and she didn't hold them back.

"I want to go home God damn it! To my friends, to the dog and cat. Please if you're listening Lord get me out of here I don't think I deserve this. I know that there have been times in my past that I've gone astray and if this is a wake up sign, I'm roaring to go. To do as you ask. Just please, I'm begging you to get me out of here!" Carrie was standing for once and screaming at the ceiling but instantly collapsed from the outburst.

The plane landed two hours away from the team's destination point. First off the plane was Colonel O'Neill followed by Carter, then Dr. Frazier, Daniel, and Teal'c. German military hummers were waiting on the runway for the team. Daniel greeted the guard by the hummer. He introduced each other his teammates and guard told them his name was Benjamin Litzler. The colonel sat up front with the guard driving and the others filed in the back.

Litzler drove the K3 highway without speaking much. When he did he spoke directly to Daniel who of course translated to the others. On the flight over Carter pulled out some pictures taken by satellites over Europe. She pointed to the only building in the area, the place she suspected Carrie to be being held in. Then she showed them radar readings of an unidentified ship that briefly entered the atmosphere.

Litzler turned off the highway onto an unpaved road. It seemed like they were driving forever when the road has a sharp turn up ahead.

"Halten Sie auf," Litzler announced and jerked the wheel.

"Let me take a wild guess and saying that means hold on?" Jack shouts as he slams into the passenger door. "Dude the road went that way!"

"With all due respect sir I think he knows the area better than we do," Carter said as she held on to the back of the Colonel's seat. " This is almost as bad as riding a roller coaster."

"Yeah, my ass is starting to hurt too," Janet agreed as they all kept bumping up and down.

"Wieviel weiter?" Sam calls to the front seat.

"Viertel eines Kilometers," Litzler replies holding tight to the wheel. "I try speck Englisch but no avail."

"So sprechen Sie Englisch?" Daniel isn't surprised. "Ja aber ich habe den tounge fr es nicht," Litzler answers and turns his attention to the dirt road.

"Danny?" Jack looks back as he holds the roof of the hummer.

"Uh, I said that he did speak English and he replied with, it was too hard, he doesn't have the tongue for it," Daniel explains.

"Wir machten Sie, sprut, der was Sie schtzen aber Deutsch ist fein," Sam tells the soldier.

"When did you start speaking German Carter?" the Colonel glances back again.

"Always have, sir," she surprised them all. "My mother taught German to high school students. I've kept on learning more, now I can almost speak if fluently."

"Why'd you never tell us?" Daniel questioned her.

"She told me and Cassandra. Is helping Cass with the class whenever she can," Janet informs them.

"I didn't start using it in public until a couple of months ago," Sam spoke looking out the window.

"Zis is the spot," Litzler stopped the hummer all of the sudden. "Sie werden der restliche Weg laufen mssen. Wollen Sie sie hren Sie, kommt, nicht der. Es ist ungefhr 1000 Hfe Anspruch Norden."

"Dank," Daniel and Sam said about the same time.

"Lets head north sir," Sam told the colonel as they raised their packs on to their backs.

"Ein Kupfer wird hier so bald wie Sie das Wort sein sagen," Litzler said as he began to pull out toward the main road.

"What?" the Colonel inquired with a frowned brow.

"The copper will be on its way as soon as we give the word," Daniel translates.

"Oh, well in that case lets move out," the Colonel suggested and they proceeded to walk on.

Carrie woke at a sound of the door opening once again. The slit between her eyelids allowed her to see one of the guards come towards her. She felt herself being lifted into his arms and carried out of the room. He took her down the hall to the room from before. Screeching and buzzing sounds could be heard from all around. Her eyes opened a little more and she saw that there was nothing in the room but the guard and herself.

He dropped her harshly on the floor and stomped out of the room. Two men came in soon after. All of the sudden she heard her pulse in her ears. She peered through her half open eyes and watched as a scene played out in front of her. It was as though she was watching a stranger be beaten. Not until after she lay still on the floor did she realize that it was her that they were beating.

Blood ran from several parts of her body. It trickled down into her hair and colored her blonde strands a bright red. As a pool of blood gathered on the floor around her the door opened again.

"So what do you say now? I can make all your pain go away, all you have to do is agree to transplant," Sekhmut's voice bombarded her head once again. Carrie's lips were swollen and she could feel that her jaw was too bruised to speak. "Take her to her cell. Give her some more time to consider my offer." With that Sekhmut left and the same guard that carried her in carried her out. "She's not a guest," Sekhmut said as he handled her with mediocre care.

It was about half way back to her cell when she heard blasts from somewhere in or outside the complex. Thinking she was unconscious, the guard lowered her to the floor and ran back to the main room. Carried struggled to raise herself to lean against the wall. Her neck was bent and leaning on the wall but she had no strength left to do anything else.

Sg-1 tromped through the woods and soon came upon a concrete building. Jack signaled that he, Teal'c and Sam would go first. Daniel and Janet would cover them. Unsurprisingly the door was locked. Sam rigged the lock with an explosive while the other two took cover. She joined them around the corner of the building and a cloud of smoke was blown their way. As they moved back to the door Janet and Daniel joined them. Inside the door there was a long hallway and footsteps could be heard coming toward them.

There was nowhere to take cover and so had to move on. Three serpent guards came at them with staff weapons. Neither had a chance because Jack and Teal'c shot them down. The close they got down the hall the better they heard shouting. They came upon a hallway leading in a different direction.

"Danny you're with me, I want the rest of you down that hall," the Colonel commanded.

Sam and the others did as told. The hall had only three doors in it. Two were locked and the last and third was opened. It was dark and no one could find a light switch. Janet pulled out her flashlight and lit up what looked like a storage room. Exiting the room they found that the hall turned and the farther they followed it the faster the tension grew.

"Did anyone here that?" Janet questioned the others as she suddenly stopped.

"What?" Sam looked at her just as a moan came from down the hall. "Oh, lets check it out."

They hurriedly continued down the hall where it took a new direction once again. There mid way down the corridor lay Carrie, half dead on the floor. Sam tossed her gun over her shoulder and sprinted to her double. She knelt next to the young girl and was hesitant to touch her.

"Carrie, can you hear me? It's Sam," Sam gently moved Carrie's blood stained hair from her purple face. "Oh God! Janet..."

Janet who had been watching one direction of the hallway turned her attention to Carrie. "We have to get her out of here," Janet announced. "Sam round up the colonel and Daniel. Teal'c could you?"

"Colonel, it's Carter, come in," she spoke into her radio.

"Yeah Carter," the Colonel's voice came through to them.

"We have her, I say we get out of here, now," Carter informed him.

"Head out," O'Neill ordered her. "We're right behind you."

"Yes, sir," she said. She quickly sent word to the pilot of the chopper waiting for them.

It seemed like the exit was taking forever to reach. Finally the Colonel and Daniel came into view waiting for them. As they rushed near and near staff blasts could be heard from the opposite direction. The Colonel and Daniel were holding the guards off the door.

"Go we'll cover you," O'Neill commanded over the chaotic noise.

Sam went first out into the hall and began firing as she backed up the corridor. Teal'c went on behind her and Janet ran in front of him to clear the exterior of the building. Soon the Colonel and Daniel were heading toward Sam who was about half way down the hallway by now. When they reached her she stopped firing and sprinted to the door.

"Carter you okay?" the Colonel was concerned when they were outside and she was holding her shoulder.

"Nothing that can't be fixed, sir," she assured him. "Lets get out of here before we get another bout of them are thrown at us."

They reached the chopper where Teal'c was guarding the area and Janet was seeing to Carrie. Daniel, Sam and Jack climbed in followed by Teal'c. The German pilot took off just as the serpent guards reached the clearing. The pilot and her co-pilot flew them to the nearest hospital with a roof-landing pad. Doctors were radio and waiting on the roof for them to arrive.

"Status?" one of the doctors who spoke English questioned them.

"Fifteen year old female with internal bleeding, fractured skull, broken wrist, extensive bruises and abrasions...." Janet began to spill on and on.

"Welche die Hlle ist geschehen?" another inquired.

"Kidnapped about a week and a half ago. I'm her doctor, Janet Frazier," Janet said shaking her head.

"Sie zu einem Betriebszimmer lt erhlt," the doctor said. "You are free to join us Dr. Frazier."

"Thank you," Frazier took the invitation. "Can Major Carter come? Be my translator?"

"Of course," the doctor replied. "We must go now."

"We'll be in the waiting room," Daniel called as the rest of Sg-1 watched their friends race off after the gurney.

Jack was lying on the rock-like couch in the waiting room with his jacket behind his head. Daniel paced up and down the halls and was rarely seen by the colonel or Teal'c. Teal'c visited the snack machine and was working on the pile of candy he had bought. It had been nearly five hours since Carrie was taken into the surgery and the guys were really beginning to worry.

Neither Janet nor Sam had been out the update them on Carrie's condition. Jack would doz off every once in a while, but at the moment he was wide awake and was watching the clock's second hand tick away. He was beginning the get fed up and decided if no one came out soon he'd go in himself.

Another hour went by and Jack was now about ready to pull his hair out. He jumped to his feet and went in search for Daniel. Walking down the corridor he heard someone's voice shouting his name. Turning around he saw Sam a long ways down the hallway. Taking up a stead jog back the waiting area he looked Sam square in the face. It wasn't an ecstatic face or a solemn one either.

"Carter?" he left the question hanging in the air.

"I'm not going to say that it'll be an easy road to recovery but she will recover physically. Janet is in with them now, they gave her the honors of closing...What kind of honors that is I don't know," Sam smiled slightly. "She's going to be all right." ************************************************************************ To be continued...

Thanks for waiting so long for this! Thanks for readin'! Tootles!!!!!!

Dani Marie

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Dani