Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Double Trouble-Part 8

by Dani
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Double Trouble-Part 8

Double Trouble-Part 8

by Dani

Summary: Sam is awake and Carrie and Jackson are informed about recent "events".
Category: Action/Adventure, Humor, Romance, Series
Season: future Season
Pairing: Jack/Sam, none
Rating: PG-13
Warnings: minor language
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 10/05/03

Double Trouble-Part 8

Carrie watched as her teacher, Mr. Beers demonstrated how to work the circular saw. She rolled her eyes, having used it a gazillion times. Woodworking was a hobby as a teenager. Looking through the windows separating the shop and classroom. She saw Jack sitting at a computer playing with the Auto-CAD his class got to work with.

"Not fair," she muttered to herself.

Between the two classes, Woodworking and Metal Trades, there were approximately 40 students. Only two being girls and the other girl Mikayla VanLeer was in with Jack. And she was only in it as a blow-off class. Besides not caring about the class she was pretty cool, for a 15 year old that is. Mr. Beers voice was over come with school announcements.

"It's Monday, September 8, and these are your announcements. Please stand for the Pledge of Allegiance," a bubbly girls voice filled their ears. Everyone faced the American flag and stated the pledge. "Okay guys, here's the deal on the dress code issues. Because of the dispute over vulgar shirts, disobedience in dress code and teasing over styles. The School Board has decided...unfortunately the whole student body will have to begin wearing uniforms as of next week."

A loud groan rose throughout the school. "I've seen the designs and they're not that bad. Moving on, student council will meet tomorrow morning at 7:30 am in the Lecture Room. SADD will meet at 7:30 Wednesday morning in Ms. Coker's room. FCCLA will meet in Mrs. Allen's room Friday morning, and D-Hall starts this Thursday afternoon. This coming Friday will be the Herington Eagles' first football game of the season. The Eagles will play the Colton High Lions at 7:30 p.m. in Eagle Stadium. Tickets will go on sale Wednesday morning in the office. An assembly will be held at 2:15 this afternoon to show off our 'spiffy' new uniforms." The girl is obviously being sarcastic.

A new voice comes over the intercom. "The thought for the day is the best way to make dreams come true is to wake up. Have a good day Herington High."

Jack glanced out the window and saw Carrie fiddling with her braided hair. It was strange to see her looking like a teenager, and with long hair. Face was pretty much the same, excluding some wrinkles, but her hair was totally different. Deciding to finish what he was working on.

The intercom comes on once more. "Mr. Beers?"

"Yes," Carrie's teacher calls toward the ceiling.

"Can you send Caroline Samuels to the counselor's office?" a woman asks.

"Will do," Mr. Beers replied. "Carrie write a pass and I'll sign it."

She did and before she finished the intercom came on once more. "Mr. Berryman?"

"Yes," the other teacher's muffled voice came through the wall.

"Can you send Jackson O'Connell to the counselor's office?" the same woman asked.

"Yes," Mr. Berryman answers. Carrie sees Berryman write a pass and Jack comes out of the room. He waits on her while Beers signs below her writing in a scribble like manner.

"What do you think they want?" Carrie pushes open the door that led out of the shop.

"Maybe they found out we're as old as they are...I don't know," he sarcastically states.

"I think it'd be way easier if everyone did know. But easier is never fun. I guess that's why I chose to come back to high school...on that subject. Why did you come back?" Carrie turns to him, holding her jacket closed to the cold wind.

"Never really paid attention the last time I was here. Figured since I've been around you and Daniel so long, maybe I could pass my all classes besides English. What bout you? I know you didn't come back just because you didn't want an easy way around things," he follows her through the parking lot.

"Thought, maybe I could have a better social life than I did my first time in high school. My life at the SGC is fantastic, and I wouldn't trade it for anything, but that's Sam's life, not mine. I should do something else with mine. Let her make advancements in Science, and I'll make advancements in...something else," she smiled at her own confusion.

"Work toward world peace or something," he jerks her chain.

"Nah, just harsher punishment for parol violators," she laughs and he grins. "You know you never told me what you wanted to do."

"You're relentless," he pushed her away from him and she hit the wall. "Sorry."

"No harm done," she stood up straight again. "So you gonna tell me?"

"This is far fetched but I want to go to the Academy and study law. I think it'd be a little less chaotic than Black Ops. And me and English get along quite well don't ya think?" Jack opened the door to the building.

"Going to the Academy, and law isn't far fetched. I'm sure even when you were younger you could have gotten in. You're a lot smarter than you want people to believe. Just keep you grades up and leadership skills which you have already and it'll be a easy, well not really but that's what they're looking for," she gives him a pep talk.

"I know," he shuts up for the rest of the way to the counselor's office.

Stepping into the office they're ushered into see the counselor. "Carrie, and Jack. In the last three and a half days I've received visits from both of your teachers. You're not in trouble or anything so don't worry. All they're saying is that you're both working far beyond an advanced 9th grader," Mrs. Fisher explained. "They're suggesting that we give both of you placement tests. To see how far ahead of average 15-year-olds are working at."

"How would we know what'd be on it?" Jack was hesitant.

"I'd give you a book to study before the leave this afternoon, that's if you agree to take the test," Mrs. Fisher goes on.

"When would it be?" Carrie asks with a yawn.

"December 13, it's a Saturday," Mrs. Fisher replies.

"I'll take it," Carrie agrees but Jack is still hesitant.

"If I didn't understand something out of the book..." he lets go.

"Ask any of the teachers," Mrs. Fisher says swirling in her chair to a filing cabinet.

"All right, but I'm not promising anything," Jack finally commits to the test.

"You'll do fine," Mrs. Fisher assures him.

"Yeah sure," he mumbles. "When will you get these books to us?

"Before you leave, you may go," Mrs. Fisher is still rummaging through the filing cabinet when they stand to leave.

"So, we come back to school only to be told that we're too smart for it," Jack rolls his eyes moving out down the hallway.

"Well you have to admit it is a little boring," Carrie shrugs at him. "It's kind of sad though, for Jordan and Brad I mean. We came here, we're lab partners with them and now weren't probably going to get out of the classes we're in with them."

"We've only been here a couple days Carter lighten up. It's not like we all can't stay friends right?" Jack pointed out.

"True," Carrie admitted and followed Jack down the lone hallways.

The day passed in a blur for Carrie and Jack and not once did they get a moment of relaxation; neither did any of the other students. All the teacher's were preparing the classes for the statewide test. The EOCs, which were Exit of Course exams. Carrie and Jack weren't worried about them when they first heard about them, because it was only over Algebra, English, and Biology.

Once Carrie and Jack entered the apartment they went straight to their rooms. Carrie was talking about the school assembly they attended that day and the uniforms.

"Oh my God, I'm gonna look like a little school girl in those uniforms! Thank goodness there is a variety of that crap! And as for those jackets, what are they trying so say 'hey we are snoody school come pick on us'," Carrie steps into the doorframe of Jack's door.

"I've noticed something about all uniforms. The companies designing them always play up to the females. No offense, but even in the Air Force, the female officers had three types of dress blues. Us guys had one," Jack complained.

"One, the male officer's uniform could be worn different ways and two, the female officers only had the third style of uniform for the pregnant women," Carrie defended her sex.

"Still it's more that we have," Jack finally comes up with.

"Whatever, what's for dinner...your night," Carrie teased and flopped down on the sofa.

"Suggestions?" Jack goes into the kitchen, on his way pressed the button on the answering machine to hear the messages.

"Anything is fine," Carrie replied just before the first message came out of the machine.

"Hey it's Cassie, thought ya'll might be home by now, guess not. Call me back, have some news but don't want to say on the machine. Bye," Cassie finished.

Carrie jumped up and headed for the phone but not before the second message came on. "Carrie, it's Jordan, I heard something bout you and Jack being super-geniuses or something today. Call me back," Jordan's voice ended.

The third came on. "It's me, Carter's wake, she's doing fine. Disoriented and sore, but that's better that what we knew yesterday right. Okay, call the doc for more in-depth medical information. Carrie, remind me to ask you something next time we talk or I'll forget. All right I got to go," the colonel's voice shocks them.

The standard answering machine's voice then told them that was the last message. Both of them dove for the phone. Carrie got to it first. "Dinner," she pointed her finger to the kitchen. Dialing the number to Janet's office, it rang five times. "Pick up, come on."

Finally, "Dr. Frazier's office, how may I help you?"

"Hi, I was trying to get hold of Dr. Frazier. Is she available?" Carrie hesitantly asked.

"One moment, she's with a patient. Who may I say is calling?"

"Carrie Samuels," Carrie replied.

A few moments later Janet came to the phone. "Carrie, guess you got the colonel's message?"

"Yeah, how is she?" Carrie wonders with concern.

"Awake, moving around, making out with the Colonel in front of the general, Daniel, Teal'c, your dad, and myself," Janet says nonchalantly.

"What?!?!" Carrie shouts which turns Jack's attention to her. "Sorry...Janet, are you telling me the truth?"

"Yes, I wouldn't lie about that, especially when they aren't even in trouble. I don't know the details, haven't had time to ask. You can ask one of them. Anyways, could you come down sometime this week? Think Sam would like to see you," Janet explains.

"Not in trouble, how come? If I'd have known what we..." Carrie shuts up when she sees Jack looking at her again. "Maybe, let me ask. Sam is fine, Janet wants to know if we can come down sometime this week."

"Tomorrow afternoon once we get out of practice we'll come straight there," Jack tells her.

"We'll be down tomorrow after school," Carrie said. "Okay, details? What exactly happened?" She went around the corner to the dinning table.

"When I got some of Sam's results back I told the colonel then went to tell the others. When we came back there they were in the middle of the infirmary kissing! Daniel cleared his throat, they looked at up and I swear they were as red as an apple. It was so funny," Janet was laughing over the phone.

"Yeah, even though I am her, it's hilarious! So, what'd they say?" Carrie was about to die.

"Both were making excuses and rambling, nothing audible though," Janet chuckled.

"Come here," Jack called from the kitchen.

"What is it?" Carrie stepped into the kitchen.

"Look up at the top of the building across the street, don't make it noticeable though," Jack backed away from the sink that had a window over it.

Carrie frowned and did as told. "What the hell," Carrie muttered. "This is getting ridiculous! Can we not have a moment's peace?"

"What?" Janet brought her thoughts back to the phone.

"There's a watcher across the way. It's not someone Hammond sent out again is it?" Carrie hopped up on the counter.

"Not that I know of," Janet admitted. "Hey I have to go. Still on call so..."

"No personal calls, I know. Tell the others I said hi," Carrie smirked.

"Me too," Jack said toward the phone.

Janet laughed and said, " I will. You take care. And be safe. Bye."

"Bye," Carrie hung up and dialed Cassie's number.

"Hello?" Cassie answered.

"Cass, it's Carrie sorry we weren't home earlier. Swim practice ran late, we have our first meet Friday," Carrie apologized.

"That's okay, just wanted to tell you what's going on down here," Cassie yawned. "Sorry."

"What is going on? Your mom said Sam is fine," Carrie began to swing her legs.

"Yeah, well did she tell you about Jack and Sam? When Daniel told me I almost couldn't believe it. Then when I talked to Sam later, and she said she initiated it I really couldn't believe it. But it's all true. Oh yeah forgot to tell you what it was. Jack and Sam were caught kissing," Cassie blabbed on and on.

"I heard, well that last bit, but wow, guess she's got more guts than me," Carrie grinned as Jack looked at her funny.

"You're the same person, you've got the same amount of guts. Just you've got a good twenty odd years more to live than her so you're going to let Jack figure out what he wants. And even thought he's young again, doesn't mean his feelings haven't changed," Cassie paused for a breath but Carrie spoke before she could.

"Cassie please, I got this from Sam already. And I don't even know if that even exists," Carrie wouldn't look at Jack now even though he kept going back and forth in front of her.

"Well from what I've talked to the colonel about, I'm pretty sure it does. And is he standing there or something? You're avoiding saying his name," Cassie was good.

"Yeah, and it's not really something I want to talk about. Not that it's uncomfortable or anything, just I'm not going to get my hopes up," Carrie slid off the counter.

"It's going to happen some day and I know it," Cassie heard Carrie sigh. "Can I talk to Jack?"

"Yeah, hold on," Carrie holds the phone out to Jack who wipes his hands off before taking the phone. Carrie goes over to the cutting board where Jack had been chopping onions.

"Hey Cass, what's up?" Jack answered and Carrie smiled. The words fit his age now.

"Jack and Sam got caught kissing by Daniel, Teal'c, mom, Hammond and Jacob!" Cassie exclaimed.

"Excuse me?" Jack was shocked. "Did you just say that mine and Carrie's originals were caught kissing?"

"Yes, Carrie not tell you yet?" Cassie asked.

"No, she didn't," Jack looked Carrie in the eyes before she adverted her's.

"Wonder why?" Carrie rolled her eyes at the grown yet physical teens.

To be continued...

P.S. I am sooooooo sorry this took so long to get done. Been extremely busy this last month!

Thanks and Tootles!!!

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Dani