Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Perfect Host: Part 2, The

by Crazy Weatherman
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
The Perfect Host: Part II

The Perfect Host: Part II

by Crazy Weatherman

TITLE: The Perfect Host: Part II
AUTHOR: Crazy Weatherman
EMAIL: spu00tdb@rdg.ac.uk
CATEGORY: Action/Adventure, Crossovers, Future story
PAIRING: none
SPOILERS: none
SEASON / SEQUEL: 2; Part II of III in The Perfect Host Trilogy
RATING: PG-13
CONTENT WARNINGS: very very VERY mild torture scene
SUMMARY: SG-1 were accidentally transported 2500 years in the future. Along with the people that picked them up, they are being taken to Chulak for deprogramming...
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: Thanks for the feedback to TPH 1, that was really good. Now, for your enjoyment is Part II.

This should be OK - the formatting for Part I went screwy. My fault, so in Part II, I have (hopefully) corrected it.

Grab a drink, get some snacks and enjoy Part II!!!

The story so far

A Stargate malfunction accidentally transports SG-1 to the year 4535, where they are picked up by the crew of the Beltaxian Star Vessel Bellatrix. At first, they are suspected to be criminals, but this is later disproved. On the way back to Beltax Prime, where SG-1 were to be returned to the year 2001, the ship runs into a Goa'uld battleship. The Goa'uld swiftly took over the Bellatrix and imprisoned the senior officers, as well as SG-1 on board their ship, so they could be returned to Chulak...

The officers were bundled into a cell on the Goa'uld ship. For one person, it would be spacious. For eleven, it was quite cramped. The advantage was that there was a small porthole to look through. Jackson immediately went up and looked through it.

"Chulak? I've never heard of such a place!" said Sutton

"Probably means we'll be travelling in here a long time then. These Goa'uld ships are quite slow," was the response Carter gave him.

"Erm, I don't think so," said Jackson. "You'd better look at this!"

Instantly, O'Neill and Kell'Dar looked out of the porthole.

"My God!" exclaimed Kell'Dar. "That wasn't there before! What the hell is it?"

What Kell'Dar was referring to was a large ring device that had seemingly appeared out of nowhere. SG-1 immediately recognised it.

"It looks like a giant, spaceborne, Stargate!" said O'Neill

"It seems that the Goa'uld have advanced significantly since our time period," said Teal'c.

There was a blinding flash, and the void filling the centre of the Gate was now filled with the usual wormhole entry point. But, whereas on a conventional Gate, the event horizon was blue, this one was green. As the Goa'uld ship entered there was a jolt similar to the jolt one associates with the hyperlaunch of a Goa'uld ship. Seconds later, they emerged from the Gate. The cell filled with the light of two suns far away. Kell'Dar caught a glimpse of the Bellatrix and then he looked down at the planet now beneath them.

"Chulak?" he asked looking at the members of SG-1

"I guess so," replied O'Neill. "I've not seen it from this height,"

There was the sound of metal footsteps approaching the cell. Then a guard approached the cell. He was accompanied by a lot of Jaffa and serpent guards. He opened the cell.

"You will follow us," said the guard.

The officers headed out, and the guards led them to the transport rings. Then they were transported to the surface, and then escorted to another set of cells. O'Neill, Sutton and Kell'Dar were placed in one. Er'Kab, Ha'Kirb and Carter were placed in another. Shay, Hemsley and Jackson were placed in a third cell and Chevron and Teal'c were placed in a fourth cell, which was currently being used by another prisoner. The other prisoner, a middle aged man, looked at Chevron and then looked at Teal'c and backed himself into a corner.

"Jaffa!" he said. "Don't hurt me!"

"What's he on about?" asked Chevron

"I was once in the service of Apophis. But I betrayed him," he replied

"And so a Jaffa is..?"

"Carriers of the infant Goa'uld,". He opened his shirt and revealed the symbiote that O'Neill had so lovingly called "Junior".

Chevron registered disgust. "Put that thing back,". Chevron turned to the man as Junior returned to the safety of Teal'c chest.

"Do you have a name?" Chevron asked the prisoner

"N-name?"

"We won't hurt you," he pointed to Teal'c "He's our friend. Right?". Teal'c nodded

"My name is Teldef. I am a member of the Tok'ra resistance group,"

"How come you're here?"

"The Tok'ra High Command sent me here to infiltrate Apophis' main headquarters on Chulak. For a while this worked. I found out much information," Teldef said.

"Such as..?" asked Teal'c

"Not too long ago," he began "Apophis found this world. It was a desert world. But there were five people working there. Scientists, I believe. Apophis captured one and killed the rest. He implanted a symbiote into the person he captured. The symbiote really took to this new life-form. It turns out that this host has all of the vital components needed for survival. A perfect host, if you will. When he discovered this, he wanted to try and find more. By capturing a ship, he intends to discover the location of their homeworld,"

"This race of so-called perfect hosts," began Chevron. "Were they called the Beltaxians?"

"Yes!!" he exclaimed. "How did you know?"

"It was our ship he took over. Personally, I am human. Most of the crew is Beltaxian,"

Teldef grabbed Chevron and looked him straight in the eye.

"No matter what you do. No matter what they say. Do not give in. Do not reveal the location of Beltax Prime. If you do, you will be destroyed,"

"So what's going to happen now?"

"Apophis' men are going to attempt to deprogram you. Apophis himself is going to go and hunt for this world. When he finds it, he will destroy it."

"How long have we got?"

"About 10 days. He's very fast"

Their attention was diverted by the sound of metallic footsteps. The door to the cell next to them slid open. Chevron, Teldef and Teal'c could see Shay being escorted away. They could also see Ha'Kirb being taken from his cell as well.

When the guards have left, Chevron called out to Kell'Dar.

"Sir!" he said

"Chevron, this had better be good,"

"I know of their plan," and then he told him what he had just learned.

"We've got to find away of getting back to the Bellatrix," said Kell'Dar.

Shay and Ha'Kirb were being strapped to chairs. Once they were in, a Jaffa guard looked at them both.

"Tell me the location of the Beltaxian homeworld," he said

"No!" they both replied. The Jaffa pressed a button. The two BSC officers screamed in pain.

"Your bodies are connected to an electric pain amplifier. Every time you give me an unsatisfactory answer, you get more,"

"This is against the Rights of Sentient Beings, an Act passed in 2978," declared Shay

"I don't remember signing any act!". He pressed the button.

"Aaargh!" cried out Shay.

"Now, tell me the location of the Beltaxian homeworld,"

"I'd sooner die!" said Ha'Kirb. "Aaaargh!"

The Jaffa went straight up to Shay. He looked into his eyes.

"TELL *** ME *** THE *** LOCATION *** OF *** THE *** BELTAXIAN *** HOMEWORLD!!!!!"

"I've got it!" said Chevron

"You have what?" asked Teal'c

"These cell doors. They are magnetically sealed, yes?"

"That is correct. Most Goa'uld prison cells are locked in that fashion,"

He pointed to the green and red star on his chest. "But my rank-star has a device inside it to help search parties look for people, in case of an emergency. There may be something I can use inside there!"

He removed his star and dropped it on to the cell floor. It opened up to reveal a small device. Chevron picked it up and scrutinised it for a while.

"Bingo!" he exclaimed. "I've found it!"

"What?" asked Teldef

"This," he said. He opened his hand to reveal a small metal bar with a small cube attached to it.

"This is a rotation polaric magnetron," he said with a grin on his face.

"What does it do?" questioned Teldef

"With this, I can reverse the polarity of the cell doors and free our people,"

"It will have to wait Lieutenant Commander Chevron. The guards are approaching,"

Sure enough, the guards entered the cell block dragging Ha'Kirb and Shay along with them.

"My God! What happened to them?" asked Chevron

"It appears from their state that they did not tell them anything. It would have angered the Goa'uld, so extreme force would have been necessary," said Teldef.

The guards returned the officers to their cells and then left the cell block. Jackson and Hemsley looked at the rugged form of Lieutenant Shay.

"My God, what did they do to you?" asked Jackson

"Location......Beltax Prime......wanted to......discover......told them......nothing," came the confused reply

In the cell next door, the same conversation took place between Carter, Er'Kab and the fatigued Ha'Kirb. Just then there was the sound of a cell door being opened. It was Teal'c, Chevron and Teldef. Chevron had used his device to unlock the door. Quickly, he ran to the other cells, and everyone was free. Shay and Ha'Kirb managed to get to their feet.

"We're free. Now what do we do?" Hemsley asked the group. Kell'Dar turned to Teldef.

"We need to get out of here. Can you take us to the transport rings?"

"Yes," he said. "Follow me,"

The group went out through the door that Teldef went through. After navigating corridors and dodging guards, they came up to the entrance to a room. It appeared to be a control room. Unfortunately, there were four guards patrolling it. Teldef made a sound to distract them. The guards darted off through another door to try and identify the source of this sound. The twelve-strong group then entered the control room. Teldef ran up to a workstation and sealed the doors.

"It will take some time for them to get back in," he said.

"Great. Now how do WE get out?" asked O'Neill.

Teldef pointed up at a set of transport rings. "Look,"

"I see,"

"Our ship is swarming with these whaddaya-callits," said Hemsley, looking for help

"Goa'ulds," said Carter

"Right. Anyway, with our ship having been taken over by these people, how are we to get on board un-noticed?" As he said this, he leant on a control. Immediately, another door opened to reveal a set of Serpent Guard uniforms, as well as a variety of staff weapons and zatnikatels.

"I've got an idea!" said Kell'Dar and O'Neill together.

The landing bay of the BSV Bellatrix was alive with assorted Jaffa and Serpent Guards. Even some of the crew were being forced to do work for the Goa'ulds. Suddenly the transport rings activated and six Serpent Guards came on board as well as six prisoners in the uniforms of the BSC. Twelve people in all. A Jaffa approached them.

"What are the prisoners doing here?" he asked

"Deprogramming was successful," said one Serpent Guard "Apophis has ordered us to take the prisoners here so that they can reveal the location of the planet,"

"I have not heard of such orders,"

"They were delivered to me by Apophis himself,"

"All the same, I'm going to check them out," It was at that point where the Serpent Guard shot him. All hell broke loose in the landing bay, and a massive firefight began. The twelve newly-arrived people began shooting at the Goa'uld personnel in the landing bay. After a few minutes, there were no more Goa'uld in the landing bay. The Serpent Guards began removing their helmets.

"Woah, what a rush," said O'Neill as he removed his helmet.

"They will probably come to this location quickly," replied Teal'c as he got his helmet off.

"So we'd better not hang around here," said Kell'Dar, who had dumped his helmet by the side.

"Can you re-align the orbital Stargate for us, Teldef?" asked Carter

Teldef dropped his helmet and gave her a device. "This will allow you to align it from your ship," He then proceeded to give her the co-ordinates.

"Your not coming with us?" asked Carter

"The Tok'ra need me. I'll be fine," he turned and activated the transport rings, and departed for Chulak.

"Right, let's get out of here. There's still plenty of Goa'uld to remove from this ship," said Kell'Dar. He readied his weapon and headed for the door, along with everyone else.

The process of removing all of the Goa'uld from the Bellatrix took quite some time. Finally, after four hours, they managed to regain control. All of the Goa'ulds had either been killed or had surrendered. Those that had surrendered were returned to Chulak. SG-1 and the Bellatrix's senior officers suffered only minor injuries. Shay and Ha'Kirb were lying in the medical bay, recovering from their ordeal. The remaining senior officers went to the Control Centre.

"Carter, could you activate the Gate?" asked Kell'Dar

Carter dialled in the address that Teldef had given her, into the device that was also given to her by the Tok'ra operative. The Gate activated, and the Bellatrix travelled through. As they arrived back into the Beltaxian Empire, the Gate deactivated and cloaked itself.

"Scan for ships," said Kell'Dar.

"I'm not seeing ships, but I am seeing wreckage," said Sutton. "A preliminary scan indicates that the wreckage was once part of a BSC Cruiser. Residual energy signatures match those of the weapon signatures found on Vortis IV,"

"So..." said O'Neill who was looking at the various consoles on offer around the Command Centre.

"So, it must have been the Goa'uld who destroyed this ship," Kell'Dar said.

"Admiral," said Sutton. "I am picking up the Goa'uld capital ship,"

"And..."

"It is located in Sector 39. If it continues on this course, it should reach Sector 1 - the Beltaxian system - in less than 24 hours," said Sutton with a touch of nervousness in his voice.

Will the Goa'uld destroy Beltax Prime? Or will the intrepid crew of the BSV Bellatrix prevent a disaster? Will SG-1 return to their normal time period? Find out in the third and final thrilling instalment of:

THE PERFECT HOST: PART III

coming March 2001.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Crazy Weatherman