Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Changes

by Cookies
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Changes

Changes

by Cookies

Title: Changes
Author: Cookies
Email: cookies-fanfic@excite.com
Category: Future Story
Pairing: Sam/Jack, Daniel/Janet, Daniel/other
Spoilers: None
Season: 5
Rating: PG
Content Warnings: none
Status: Completed
Summary: SG-1 gate to a planet on a mission that changes their lives forever.
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
Author's notes: My first fanfic. Let me know what you think.

October 2001

"...therefore, if the Torans are willing to trade, the naquadah would prove very useful," Carter finished her long speech and took her usual seat next to Jack.

"Thankyou Major Carter," Hammond said standing, "You'll ship out in 2 hours. Dismissed."

********

"SG-1 you have a go," Hammond said as the Wormhole engaged. Jack saluted and followed his team through the gate. Emerging on the other side, SG-1 found themselves in the middle of a crowd of Torans. They greeted SG-1 and took them to their village. Very few Torans spoke English and Daniel couldn't understand their language so the villagers led the team to a small, but cozy, hut.

"Welcome visitors from Earth," they were greeted by a large man, "My name is Linor, leader of this village."

"Hi, I'm Daniel, this is Sam, Jack and Teal'c," Daniel said, pointing to each team member in turn."

"I understand you have interest in our soil," Linor said to Sam, who nodded.

"I will introduce you to our expert in that area. She has knowledge of your speak," Linor said, standing, "Follow me please," he said, walking out the door. He led SG-1 across the centre and amongst some buildings then went down a pathway and veered off onto a worn dirt path.

"She likes to live alone," Linor explained of their mystery expert, "She is not of this world, but we treat her as equal."

Linor led SG-1 into a clearing where they found a double story house with a beautiful garden surrounding it. Linor knocked on the door, which was quickly answered by a slim girl with dark brown hair and bright blue eyes.

"SG-1, this is Jayna."

*******

Present Day - October 2005

Daniel

Thinking back, that was the day that ultimately changed our lives. The lives of SG-1 changed on that day, as soon as Linor said those four words, 'SG-1, this is Jayna.' Although, the real start to the change was to happen the next day while Jayna was showing Sam the soil. I was looking at the large structure in the centre of the town, which I had later found out was called a Sunna...

*******

October 2001

"Don't touch the centre," an accented voice warned, startling Daniel. He turned around to see Jayna standing behind him, a small smile on her tanned face.

"Jayna," Daniel greeted, "You startled me."

"I apologize, but I had to warn you not to touch the centre of the Sunna."

"That's what it's called? A Sunna?" Daniel asked. At Jayna's nod he continued, "What's it do?"

"It protects our planet. But if you touch the centre the device will deactivate."

"Oh," Daniel said, standing up and brushing dirt off his shorts, "Where's Sam? I thought you were showing her the dirt."

Jayna smiled, "I have shown her the dirt and she is taking a sample. Colonel O'Neill is with her."

"Oh," Daniel repeated.

"Perhaps you would like to accompany me to my home Daniel," Jayna said, holding out her hand which Daniel took and replied, "Sure."

*******

Present Day

Jack

I had never been so glad to listen to Carter prattle as I was that day. Had I left her by herself, I shudder to think what may have happened. Jayna had left Carter and myself to our digging and had traveled back to the village alone, inviting us for dinner before she left. I told myself at the time that I was staying behind purely for Carter's protection, but deep down I knew it was so I could watch her. Watch her face light up when she discovered something or figured something out, or the concentration while she was attempting to solve a difficult equation. That's exactly what I was doing when it happened...

********

October 2001

Jack sat on a large rock watching Carter digging in the dirt. She had a contented smile on her face, but frowned when she raised her head and looked at Jack, "Sir, you can go back to the village. You don't need to baby sit me."

"Trying to get rid of me Carter?" Jack joked.

"No Sir," Sam smiled, "I was just thinking that this must be boring for you."

"Not really," Jack replied.

"OK," Sam said, getting back to her work. Jack resumed watching her. It had been a few months since their Za'tarc experience and Jack felt safe in the knowledge that Carter cared for him, just like he did for her. Jack was silently pondering starting a conversation with Sam when a small movement in the ground stopped him.

"What was that?" he asked.

"I have no idea Sir," Sam said, "It kinda felt like an earthquake."

"An earthquake?" Jack asked.

"Well I suppose you could call it a toranquake," Sam joked.

"Carter," Jack warned.

"Sorry Sir. Maybe we should go back to the village."

"Good Idea," Jack said, helping Sam pack her equipment. Just as the two were leaving, another ripple sent Sam flying into the back of Jack, ultimately sending both of them to the ground. The ground opened up and Sam tumbled into the small crevasse. Jack grabbed her hand and pulled her up.

"Carter, you alright?" Jack asked, searching her for injuries.

"Just a bump on the head Sir," Sam said, lightly touching her forehead.

"Let's get back to the village," Jack said, helping her to stand. The two of them walked quickly back to the village.

********

Present Day

Daniel

When I saw Jack and Sam make it back to the village safely, aside from a few bumps and bruises, I was relieved. Teal'c and I were standing in the midst of frightened Toran people. Jayna was attempting to settle the people and to me, seemed too calm to have not experienced something like this before. Jack and Sam looked shocked when they saw the state of the village, which had lead me to believe that whatever had happened, wasn't as bad in the field where they were. When we cornered Jayna, it was then that we learned the truth...

*******

October 2001

"Jayna," Jack said, "What the hell is happening?"

"I don't know," She replied.

"The hell you don't," Jack yelled over the sound of screaming villagers.

"Please," Jayna said, "Don't frighten them more. Go to my house, I will meet you there."

SG-1 walked the track to Jayna's house and found Jayna waiting for them. She led them inside and they sat in the lounge room.

"I thought they would never find me," Jayna whispered.

"Who?" Sam asked.

"The Gou'ald."

"What?" Jack said, "The Gou'ald are looking for you? Why?"

"I was once in service to the Gou'ald."

"You're kidding right?"

"No," Jayna said, "I was a host to a Gou'ald named Hanpta."

"You are the one who killed Hanpta," Teal'c stated in awe.

"Yes."

"You've heard of her?" Jack asked.

"The story was once told to me by Bra'tac. Hanpta was a feared leader, heading an army capable of wiping out all civilization that we know of. Many system lords including Apophis wished Hanpta dead. But before they could attempt a battle with him, word spread that Hanpta's host had managed to kill the symbiote. It was never revealed how and since then the host was hunted, but was never found."

SG-1 turned to Jayna, hoping that she would fill in the blanks.

"I ran and ran until I found this planet. This planet was not known to the Gou'ald so I never expected them to find me," Jayna told them, rising and pacing back and forth.

"What was with the quake?" Jack asked.

"The Gou'ald once before launched a weapon into the core of a planet where I was hiding. It made the ground crumple and the planet was destroyed in days. The same will now happen here."

"What about the Sunna?" Daniel asked.

"It was destroyed by the weapon."

"It's OK," Daniel said, "We can evacuate these people."

"If you take me to your planet, you will also be destroyed," Jayna said, "I will not accompany you."

"We don't have time to argue," Jack said, rising, "Let's go."

********

Present Day

Jack

That was the last time that I saw Daniel and Teal'c. Four years ago today. I figure that he's on Earth but I have no way of knowing. For four years Jayna and her daughter Hana, along with Carter, myself and our son Jake, have been living on P35 678. Together we named it Kala. 5 months after we arrived, it became clear that Jayna was pregnant with Daniel's child and that Carter could not fix the DHD. It was completely destroyed. 1 year after our arrival we had a 3 month old Hana and a 5 month pregnant Carter. Now, together we have built 2 houses, one for Jayna and Hana, and another for Sam, Jake and myself. I don't know how we survived those first few months. We certainly arrived in a hurry. As I think back now, I realize that it is still not clear as to what happened...

*******

October 2001

"Here they come," Jack said, as he spotted the Gliders heading towards them, "Is everybody through?"

"Everyone except us and Jayna," Daniel said, as he and Sam sent the last of the villagers through with Teal'c.

"Where is she?" Jack asked.

"She said she wasn't coming."

"The hell she isn't!" Jack yelled, "Daniel go through the gate, tell them to close the Iris, we'll send the code and come through soon."

Daniel went through the gate as Sam and Jack ran back towards the village.

"Jayna," Sam called, running in and out of buildings.

"I told you to go," Jayna yelled as she walked out of the main building.

"And I told you to come with us," Jack told her, grabbing her arm, "Come on Carter, let's go."

Jack practically dragged Jayna to the gate. When they arrived they realized the wormhole had closed.

"Damn it!" Jack yelled over the noise of the gliders, "Carter dial it up!"

"Yes Sir."

Minutes later, it was apparent that the gate was not going to dial Earth. Jayna went to the DHD and entered seven symbols unknown to Jack and Sam.

"Where are we going?" Jack asked.

"A planet that I was going to flee to. The Gou'ald do not know of it."

The three of them leapt through the gate as a glider fired at them. They were spat out the otherside, unconscious.

*******

Present Day

Daniel

We searched for them for 6 months, until the President called off the search and marked Jack and Sam as MIA. There was a memorial service for them and that was it. In my heart I know they are still alive. Jack, Sam and Jayna are all out there somewhere. We just don't know where. 1 year after we declared them missing in action, Janet and I started a relationship. She knew what had happened with Jayna. Now, 4 years later, we have a baby boy, whom we named Cameron Jackson, better known as CJ. One day, I know we will find them.

*******

Sam

I miss them. I miss giggling with Janet while talking about my love for Jack and her crush on Daniel. I miss Daniel and his brotherly manner and Teal'c and his silent respect. They are my family. I finally have Jack. When it become clear that we weren't going home anytime soon, we both decided enough was enough and showed each other just how much we love each other. We even got married. Apparently Jayna was a priestess on her old planet, so she married us. The day I gave birth was one the happiest in my life. I miss my dad and brother and his family, but I have Jack. Every weekend I do a bit of work on the DHD, but am no closer to solving the problem. We may be cut off from the rest of the universe but it is a peaceful existence. I hope to see everyone again, and I know one day that will happen, but right now I'm content to lay here in my husbands arms watching our Son play with Hana.

The End

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Cookies