Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Visit From the Past, A

by Connor
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
A visit from the past

A visit from the past

by Connor

Title: A visit from the past
Author: Connor
Email: guinnessrules@hotmail.com
Category: Future Story, Action/Adventure
Pairing: Sam/Jack
Spoilers: None
Season: future
Rating: G
Content Warnings: none
Status: Completed
Summary: What if Charlie wasn't the only thing Jack lost?
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
Dedications: First to Lydia who stood by my side during the whole process (2 hours tops) and then to my friends of the Guinness Drinking Team (people, you're the best!).
Feedback: Yes, please, good or bad is welcomed. I'm learning okay, so be patient with me. My addy is guinnessrules@hotmail.com

And now with the show.

A visit from the past

Sam walked slowly down the path looking at the people who like her wandered through the place without any hurry. At first Sam felt unease in this place; the first time she came here with his husband, she felt so out of place that she only wanted to run as fast and as far as she could. But now it was different, coming here gave her a comforting sense and so she came here more times than her husband knew about.

She looked down at the stroller and smiled at her son's peaceful sleeping face. Sean Daniel O'Neill liked a lot being outdoors and so he slept safely tucked in with his blanket. When she was about to reach her destination, she found a young unknown man there. She approached slowly not wanting to bother him. He stood there with his arms crossed over his chest and his eyes fixed in the gravestone.

"Hello" Sam said loudly.

The man turned to the direction of the voice, looked at Sam and nodded. It was then when she realised there was a bunch of roses and a card near the gravestone.

"Sorry to interrupt but did you know Charlie?" Sam knew it was a silly question because since he was there, he had to know the little boy but she was intrigued and wanted to know who this man was.

"Yeah, I knew him when he was a baby but we didn't spend much time together".

Sam noticed the man had a distinct accent, not American, she was sure.

"You aren't American, are you?".

"Nope, I'm Irish. I have just come for a visit". The man looked at Sam again and she noticed some familiar features in him. The man was very tall - ' maybe taller than Teal'c ' Sam thought - with short blond hair and big blue eyes.

"By the way, my name is Sam, Sam O'Neill. I'm Jack O'Neill wife and this is our son Sean" said Sam moving the stroller so the young man could see the baby.

"It's a beautiful baby. Charlie was not older first time I met him".

"So you're a member of the family?"

"Not really, I don't think the O'Neill family likes me much".

"How so? I'm sure Jack would love to see you".

"Maybe sometime. Look, I have to go now. It has been a pleasure to meet you and Sean. Do you mind if I give him a kiss?" Sam was a bit surprised by the request but she felt not threat from the man.

"Of course I don't mind".

The man shaked Sam's hand and then bent down and kissed little Sean's forehead before going. Sam saw the man walking away from him and couldn't resist but kneeling in front of the gravestone and touched the flowers placed there. She took the card and opened it so she could read what was written. When she read the content, she quickly turned around and looked for the man without any success. She put the card inside her pocket and after a few minutes, she began walking to her car, the words of the card still fresh in her mind:

"To Charlie,I still miss you. You would have been a great soccer player.Your older brother.

Galen O'Neill"

THE END

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Connor